Mini 495 - Mafia on a Plane! GAME OVER! =)

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by Oman »

What do you think it was?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:14 pm

Post by AlyG »

I'm not following you, i believe you but i hope your not pretending that it was a 'does' instead of 'doesn't'
Show
[b]Games finished: 1
Won as scum: 1
Won as town: 0
Lost as Town: 0
Lost as scum: 0[/b]
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:01 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

On AlyG --- after a short read of posts

- Very aggressive against originality, he attacks "lets lynch the lurkers" over a series of posts. AlyG then attacks originality after listening to general reasoning, and changing his mind. Not really scummy, but it seems to be bloodthirsty. This worries me as it seems like bullying an easy target. Getting an easy lynch.

- "And originality, if you don't come up with a good defence i'll be voting for you which means you'll already at 4 votes. Not good. " - AlyG
"you shouldn't be so eager to put votes on people. He was already on 3 votes and getting to 4 on the 2nd page is going a bit to far. " -AlyG to Oman
You yourself threatened to cast the fourth vote, but you attack Oman for doing it instead of you. You seem to care too much about the placement of your own votes, as if you are avoiding something.
- Voted for vamp, on the grounds of lurking.
- "Guys please don't lynch Vampeneze hunter until he's given an explanation." Even while you still have a vote on him. Afraid to look wishy washy if you keep voting unvoting? Or would you like to use this as water to wash your hands clean if he did come up as town?
- " And Dr. Blackstrike who's role claiming is really destroying our chances of winning. " Is really destroying seems to be an exaggeration. Invoking hate against Blackstrike.

- You do not switch your votes around. You already know about being wishy washy, so you might be working to avoid vote switching. You do however call out plenty of suspects while seemingly relying on what other people to dig deeper. Planning to cause confusion? You do explain your reasons, but it hardly feels like your own.

- Hey wait a moment, I think im seeing the same post twice :shock: , oh well I have written quite a bit already so I might as well just post it

Vote: AlyG

for spreading confusion and hate

I have to intense studying to in to, this is my last long post for a while (even if the quality is quite low). I can still post small snippets though!
Lucienne
Lucienne
Townie
Lucienne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:38 pm

Post by Lucienne »

originality, I was mainly against your vote because you seemed "pressured" etc.

Now you have given an explanation, I'm not suspicious (although I don't always agree with lynching lurkers.)

Hrm.

Interesting post from carrotcake. AlyG seems to really be changing his story a lot.
Lucienne
Lucienne
Townie
Lucienne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:42 pm

Post by Lucienne »

Meanwhile

vote: Dr. Blackstrike

Seriously, what has he actually done through the game, except coast and say basically nothing?
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:25 am

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

Lucienne wrote:Meanwhile

Seriously, what has he actually done through the game, except coast and say basically nothing?
Coast and said something.

-Doc "Hey, I'm stupid. I do my best" Blackstrike
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:33 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I again invoke the pot and the kettle. "Hey Mr. Kettle, you're black" said the pot. Seriously you don't have a post over two lines long in this whole thread.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:33 am

Post by dybeck »

Carrotcake wrote:- Voted for vamp, on the grounds of lurking.
- "Guys please don't lynch Vampeneze hunter until he's given an explanation." Even while you still have a vote on him. Afraid to look wishy washy if you keep voting unvoting? Or would you like to use this as water to wash your hands clean if he did come up as town?
Why would we want to lynch Vampaneze without hearing anything from him?
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:46 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Carrotcake wrote:On AlyG --- after a short read of posts

- Very aggressive against originality, he attacks "lets lynch the lurkers" over a series of posts. AlyG then attacks originality after listening to general reasoning, and changing his mind. Not really scummy, but it seems to be bloodthirsty. This worries me as it seems like bullying an easy target. Getting an easy lynch.

- "And originality, if you don't come up with a good defence i'll be voting for you which means you'll already at 4 votes. Not good. " - AlyG
"you shouldn't be so eager to put votes on people. He was already on 3 votes and getting to 4 on the 2nd page is going a bit to far. " -AlyG to Oman
You yourself threatened to cast the fourth vote, but you attack Oman for doing it instead of you. You seem to care too much about the placement of your own votes, as if you are avoiding something.
- " And Dr. Blackstrike who's role claiming is really destroying our chances of winning. " Is really destroying seems to be an exaggeration. Invoking hate against Blackstrike.

- You do not switch your votes around. You already know about being wishy washy, so you might be working to avoid vote switching. You do however call out plenty of suspects while seemingly relying on what other people to dig deeper. Planning to cause confusion? You do explain your reasons, but it hardly feels like your own.

- Hey wait a moment, I think im seeing the same post twice :shock: , oh well I have written quite a bit already so I might as well just post it

I have to intense studying to in to, this is my last long post for a while (even if the quality is quite low). I can still post small snippets though!
Nice analysis Carrotcake. I was a bit suspicious of AlyG as well. I'll have to ponder this for a bit.

plays with beard
Lucienne
Lucienne
Townie
Lucienne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Lucienne »

shaft.ed wrote:

I again invoke the pot and the kettle. "Hey Mr. Kettle, you're black" said the pot. Seriously you don't have a post over two lines long in this whole thread.
Wrong.

Here's some examples of posts, not only more than 2 lines long, but where I am scum-hunting. My Post 1, 3, 4 and 9 are all examples.

Conversely, Dr. B has done no scum-hunting. That is scummy.

Dr. B has not been scum-hunting for the entire game. That is scummy.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:16 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Lucienne wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:

Wrong.

Here's some examples of posts, not only more than 2 lines long, but where I am scum-hunting. My Post 1, 3, 4 and 9 are all examples.

Conversely, Dr. B has done no scum-hunting. That is scummy.

Dr. B has not been scum-hunting for the entire game. That is scummy.
Post #1
Lucienne wrote:Sorry, just got online. I tried logging on on Sunday, but it failed to recognise my username or something. Anyhoo here I am.
I'll assume this isn't what you meant by post 1 so here's what I believe you inted to represent Post #1
Lucienne wrote:Firstlt, carrotcake called me a boy.

How man boys called Lucienne do you know?

On more pressing matters, I`m not liking originiality for his lurker voting, and opinions that there are no strong reasons for voting. His opinions are entirely flawed here - voting on Day 1 can be strong and for good reasons, and similarly voting for lurkers is not a good strategy in this scenario. I disagree that not posting on confirming for around 2 days is inherent lurking.

That said, I`m not liking Oman`s vote here, as he basically adds nothing yet puts him to -2. Seems like some early scum bandwagoning to me.
Ok first two lines are talking about your gender. Then you have a grand total of four lines with two points. First point is attacking originality for his play in the random stage. And I'll give you point two as a valid argument against Oman.

Post #3
Lucienne wrote:Whoopie, i cannot get my quotes to work.

First off, Oman is my top suspect because of his highly opportunistic vote, and his OMGUS attack on Shaf.ted.

vote: Oman

Also am pretty suspicious of Dr. Blackstrike, since the only things I have seen him do so far are vote or finger suspicion at originality and Oman, the two people who have been the biggest "suspicion getters" at this point.

FOS: Dr Blackstrike
One line saying you can't use quotes. Another line devoted to a false argument against Oman for OMGUS'ing me. And two lines for your current argument against the crazy Dr. We'll give you three lines of content with one being false information.

Post #4
Lucienne wrote:Gah! spurgistan, shaf.ted. oops.

Nonetheless, I still think you are the scumiest. THe way you put originality at minus 2 on page 2 was suspect, and your recent claims that I am in cahoots with Dr B are fairly ludicrous and without any real evidence is suspect.
Oman wrote:You're reaching here, I suggest that vote was just to get on the latest bandwagon.
Uh, no. Nice try.

You can quite clearly see my post 33, where I am the first person to notice and call suspicion on your vote. So no, joining the bandwagon is quite a fruitless accusation against me.
Line one is attempting to correct your false argument against Oman claiming he FoS'd me, saying you mixed up me and sprugistan. Only problem is he didn't OMGUS either of us. You then spend three lines attacking Oman with a justifiable argument (plus one line of quotation). So we'll give you four lines on that one with one being another false argument.

Post #9
Lucienne wrote:Wow.

FoS:originality

I find it quite convenient that he felt "pressured" into voting for someone and, oh gosh, just happened to pick the person who had the most votes at the time.

He really was adding to the bandwagon, without actually explaining anything.

Die scum
Only seeing two lines of content here.

So I stand corrected you have two posts with four lines and one post with three. I'm not saying Dr. Black isn't crazy suspicious, and that you haven't pointed out another reason to think so. I'm just letting you know that your reasoning is applicable to other posters.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:50 am

Post by originality »

So Dr hasn't posted exactly what his supposed powerrole is, correct?
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Streeflo »

Not Even Close to the Top of Page Votecount #7!

VampanezeHunter (2) - dybeck, originality
Oman (2) - Elias_the_thief, Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike (2) - spurgistan, Lucienne
originality (1) - AlyG
spurgistan (1) - thesleepless
dybeck (1) - shaft.ed
AlyG (1) - CarrotCake

Not voting: VampanezeHunter, Oman

With
alive it takes
to lynch!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

originality wrote:So Dr hasn't posted exactly what his supposed powerrole is, correct?
rolefish much?
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by originality »

Just wondering. Everyone keeps talking about it and I don't remember him saying anything. And Im trying to figure out if I should switch to him... I don't know, if he is really what he says he is, it would be a really stupid move, but his case right now is either one extremity or the other.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Oman »

I agree with shaft.ed, further reinforicng my feeling he is town: Originality is blatently rolefishing. I also don't feel good about AlyG (and don't accuse me of bandwagoning, I was looking at her earlier if you read it), but not voting yet.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by originality »

Oman and shaft.ed wrote:rolefishing

I'm not familiar with the term. I assume it means trying to find out everyone's roles?
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by originality »

originality wrote: I assume it means trying to find out everyone's roles?
And if its this, I dont see how you can be accusing me of snooping, I was just trying to figure out if it was some common knowledge that I was missing or not.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Oman »

Yeah, rolefishing means fishing (or searching) for players roles. Its not good because if you said for example: What is your role Blackstrike and he said "Doctor" then he's NKed for sure, or if he's lieing the real doctor might inadvertantly reveal himself by not beleiving the claim. Basiccaly, It doesn't help the town one bit.
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:36 am

Post by AlyG »

Carrotcake wrote:On AlyG --- after a short read of posts

Ok, First of all i've already explained why i kept my vote on Vampeaneze. Please re-read my posts. It was so he would remain pressured and be more inclined to defend himself. If i unvoted him he would have been less pressured and we wouldv'e had to deal with him lurking even longer. I kept him pressured so he would stay pressured and urged everyone not to lynch him until he provides a good explanation.

Secondly, i'm not invoking hate. I'm just saying that i'm annoyed that if he is the doctor he has hampered our chances of winning and is now surely going to get NK'd. It isn't spreading hate. It's annoyance. And another thing, he could also be claiming doc to get on the town's good side and avoid getting lynched. Which i believe i have already said?

Thirdly, i feel my arguments are my own and i aren't parroting. My whole argument against originality was my own and people have been using those points from argument in theirs. Such as Oman who's arguments against originality were for Contradiction, and his eager to lynch. 2 reasons outlined in my arguments. But that's your opinion. I just feel my arguments have been mine.

Fourthly, How how was i eager to put a 4th vote on originality? I actually held back from voting him! Because adding a 4th vote so early is going a bit to far. My argument against Oman for adding a 4th vote is perfectly just. Because he was eager to vote. While i wasn't.

Mod, can we get a prod on thesleepless?
He said he would be back on Sunday or monday and now it's Thursday.
Show
[b]Games finished: 1
Won as scum: 1
Won as town: 0
Lost as Town: 0
Lost as scum: 0[/b]
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:03 am

Secondly, i'm not invoking hate. I'm just saying that i'm annoyed that if he is the doctor he has hampered our chances of winning and is now surely going to get NK'd. It isn't spreading hate. It's annoyance. And another thing, he could also be claiming doc to get on the town's good side and avoid getting lynched. Which i believe i have already said?
It's important to keep your anteceedents straight.

At the moment I'm hoping to get out of nightkill because I'm a likely lynch. (The mafia doesn't want to kill lynch bait, right?)

Now the fact that I've said that means it won't work, right? Maybe yes and maybe no. We'll see.

And oringinality: No, I haven't claimed anything specific yet.

Alyg seems a bit suspious to me, but I'm uncertain exactly how.

*sighs* Looks like I need to re-read.

And finally: I understand I look suspious. Heck, I'd probably vote me at this point. But you guys shouldn't, because if I'm a powerrole, I'd have to claim, and if I'm a townie, I'd have to lie. And that just ain't cool.

-Doc "My evil plan is working" Blackstrike

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:19 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote: At the moment I'm hoping to get out of nightkill because I'm a likely lynch. (The mafia doesn't want to kill lynch bait, right?)

Now the fact that I've said that means it won't work, right? Maybe yes and maybe no. We'll see.
Are you trying to get killed? Now that you've set up the "mafia will leave me as lynch bait excuse", you know that if you survive the night we're very likely to lynch you tommorow (assuming you don't get lynched today) because this screams of you setting up an excuse for surviving a NK.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:*sighs* Looks like I need to re-read.
Maybe you can try commenting while you read this time.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:And finally: I understand I look suspious. Heck, I'd probably vote me at this point. But you guys shouldn't, because if I'm a powerrole, I'd have to claim, and if I'm a townie, I'd have to lie. And that just ain't cool.
And you're again pseudoclaiming, threatening the town with a loss of a power role if you are killed. You know all of us playing
could
be a powerrole. You're freaking crazy. I still support the strategy of letting you survive day 1 and if you make it to day 2 you'll be my first, second and third candidate for a lynch.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:"My evil plan is working"
I hope you're town if your plan is working.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:27 am

Post by dybeck »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:At the moment I'm hoping to get out of nightkill because I'm a likely lynch. (The mafia doesn't want to kill lynch bait, right?)

This is quite simply the scummiest thing I have ever read in all the time I've ever played mafia.

You're deliberately acting scummy so you don't get nightkilled? And now... when miraculously you don't get nightkilled, this is going to be your excuse for the rest of the game?

No way. No way in the world.

unvote, vote: Dr. "I lie about powerroles" Blackstrike
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:40 am

Hey guys. After I'm dead, check out my bandwagon for a few scum who want an easy lynch.

-Doc "I'm not afraid to die" Blackstrike

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:29 am

Post by shaft.ed »

dybeck wrote:
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:At the moment I'm hoping to get out of nightkill because I'm a likely lynch. (The mafia doesn't want to kill lynch bait, right?)

This is quite simply the scummiest thing I have ever read in all the time I've ever played mafia.

You're deliberately acting scummy so you don't get nightkilled? And now... when miraculously you don't get nightkilled, this is going to be your excuse for the rest of the game?

No way. No way in the world.
Told ya so Dr. B.

If he is in fact town we're screwed, because the mafia don't need to NK him after this performance he'll be lynched by tommorow at the latest if he survives the night. And he's so blatanly setting himself up as unNKable that us townies can't let him live even if he may have in fact been useful.

I still say we lynch him tommorow because if he's not mafia he's basically claimed a powerrole that might be useful this evening, but that's just MHO. Actually...even if he claims a powerrole tommorow after miraculously surviving the night, there's no way we can trust him on it.

FoS Dr. Blackstrike
, probably moving to a vote after I ponder the utility of powerroles that I don't trust. And thanks for the terrible play if you are in fact town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”