somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:40 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for screwing up the claimcount in my last post.

Pages 7-13

Re: The argument about metagaming (~150-157):
As far as I'm concerned, the use of metagaming, or lack of, is a playstyle difference. I agree that it can be used as a
part
of a case, but not the basis of it. I, however, do not use metagaming other player's games, since:
A. I'm not very good at it.
B. I think that the game of Mafia is about how players act and react in the game that they are participating in at that time, not how similarly players reacted in a similar game where they were scum, or another variation of that.
Lol! r and n beside each other to create the impression of an m, and vice versa. Someone used this to their advantage, creating an account called Intemet Stranger to pose as Internet Stranger (the wiki teaches things!).

[notgamerelated]
A similar problem occurred in a Spiderman/Superman comic, I can't remember which, but the hero said "LOOK OUT, HE'S GOT A FLICK KNIFE!" The capital L and capital I ran together to create the impression of a capital U, which attracted a lot of complaints...

[/notgamerelated]

Post 167 - I agree with CKD's post that Dral is using bad logic, especially this point of Dral's:
Dral wrote:In future days, we are going to look back and see who targeted who on what nights. For example, on day 4 an individual will have made 4 choices. For you we will have less information. We will only have 3 choices. Thus, we lose less info by lynching you.
We do not
have
any information. Speculating on information which we may or may not get is incredibly risky.

Post 180 - Dral has a bit of a fight with CKD...
Dral wrote:Thanks for calling me an idiot. Just why I come here to be offended by some anonymous jerk on the internet. Another reminder why this is my last game on this site. Then you say you are going to protect me??? Do you even know how this game works? I think curiouskarmadog is definately one of the scum.
Town should not use the word "definately" in a sentance regarding suspects. You do not know anything apart from your own role (and, due to the claims, your sanity).

Post 188 - JDodge returns after a prod and posts small posts.

Which are small.

Post 194 - ControlledBurn says...
Controlled Burn wrote:I feel the same way, I dislike the idea of people implying they know something or have an idea about something, but either don't or aren't willing to share this with the rest of the town. If you have something to say, do so, or just keep quiet about it and bring it up when you feel the time is right.
Keffed.

Post 273 - ~N9V~ has replaced in, and posts:
~N9V~ wrote:I think we should all claim who we protected last night.
I think this is a terrible idea, and that you are very silly for even suggesting such a thing! ;) Reading the thread is a good thing...

Post 285 - Ms. Piggy posts:
OINK wrote:great then maybe you can help lynch BM. Everyone's claimed, topics have been exhausted, and I've already seen arguments against BM, no need to regurgitate them.
:badposting:

Small FoSes for d3sisted, JDodge and VRK
Roach
Roach
Goon
Roach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Roach »

Far as I'm concerned, no-one is roleclaiming yet, though we should hear from d3sisted soon.
(avvy courtesy of Diseased Productions, sig courtesy of orcam07 from ASN)
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Hey all. Trying to catch up, but I don't know if I'll make it before the deadline tomorrow, although I'm going to try like hell.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:29 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Hey all. Trying to catch up, but I don't know if I'll make it before the deadline tomorrow, although I'm going to try like hell.
[non game related] you go to VT?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:20 am

Post by d3sisted »

Vote: CKD

I've had that entire case on him, with the whole back-and-forth not long ago. Somehow I got diverted and my vote went astray, but my vote is still on him.

I don't see why you guys are trying to lynch me. As far as I'm concerned, I (or my predecessor, to be precise) was the only one with a targetclaim on Fernando. He's dead now, so until someone counter claims, I'm a quack doc. Unless your stance is to lynch all quack docs, lynching me is a
very
anti-town play.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:21 am

Post by d3sisted »

EBWOP: *confirmed quack doc, unless someone willingly admits to lying in the original claims.

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:21 am

Pages 14-END

Posts 354-366 - CKD goes on a prodspree. Slightly townie...

Post 375 - N9V votes for someone who's not the most suspicious, apparently...

Post 402 - d3sisted makes this post:
d3sisted wrote:I wouldn’t suggest anyone claim at the time being. Mafia’s priority is to kill the real doctors before dealing with the quacks. By disclosing the information they seek, we effectively abet the mafia.
If by claim, you mean "result claim", then too late, we already did it ages ago, and you should know that.

If by claim, you mean "roleclaim", then pointless, since all Pro-Town members were given the Doc PM, and all Mafia will be pretending to be a Doc.

Post 404 - d3sisted again, displaying a lack of knowledge of past events:
d3sisted wrote:Might I then suggest that we play this game as though the setup were 9 Townies 3 Mafia by having all the doctors abstain from protecting?
We've had this discussion before. If no-one uses any actions, then the Docs become useless, and it's impossible to figure out who the Quacks actually are.

Post 405 - d3sisted again...
d3sisted wrote:It seems as though at N0, you assumed quacks could NK mafia, in which case you had no reason to give a no-vote.
Doesn't seem like that to me, at all. Sort of looks like you're misrepresenting CKD...

Post 413 - d3sisted...
d3sisted wrote:My, you're quick to assumptions. The case I am presenting is that you send in no-kill because you were afraid to kill a real doc (understandable) but now that you understand the risks of actually killing a doc, you've decided to start NKing. If you were afraid to kill the real docs on the first night, you would continue to send no-kills.
Since when did Docs start sending in kills?

Post 424 - D3sisted on protections...
d3sisted wrote:I don’t give a shit what the majority of the town thinks, I have my own brain, I do my own thinking, I make my own decisions.
"I have my own opinion and you have yours, so ssshhhh" is not an argument.

Post 439 - D3sisted on replacing...
d3sisted wrote:Stewie: Are you sure you're not voting for my predecessor? If so, care to bring up a separate case for me personally?
Whilst cases against successors are useful, they aren't required. If Stewie thinks your predecessor was scummy, then it's fair to vote for you.

Post 447 - Hjallti on D3sisted on replacing...
Hjallti wrote:I think otherwise. The evidence is not nullified. The replacing creates some problems:
1. to read the player, which is the same (alignment) but not the same (playstyle).
2. to retrieve more info from questions like: "why did you say/do this"
granted
but that doesn't nullify the evidence. To give a very extreme example, if some player claims Vig and get replaced, the claim is still there. The replacement my wonder why on earth the claim was made, but can't say boldly: "Forget the claim". Basically that is what you are trying here, in a less straightforward situation. Dral's claim to have protected FeRnAnDo means that either some other townie is lying, Dral was quack or Dral is scum. Regardless of the replacing one of the those 3 possibilities is true, and frankly I don't believe the first one. So you are quack or scum, that is proven and can't be nullified.
:goodposting:

Re: Tarhalindu's Opening posts
Tar wrote:If what I'm seeing is right, and D3sisted is, in fact, town, then he should target the player who he thinks is most likely to be scum. He should also declare target before night, so that he's the only doctor/quack targeting his target.
QUACKS CANNOT KILL SCUM!!!
Tar wrote:So if your target lives, he's scum. ;)
QUACKS CAN BE NULLED BY DOC PROTECTION!!!

Since d3sisted is either Quack or Scum, he should not use his choice.

Post 475 - d3sisted...
d3sisted wrote:But if I miss, we lose a possible doc. That in itself is enough to deter me from NKing at all.
Since when do Docs NK? You've been using NK instead of protect far to much here, and I'm thinking it's a Freudian slip...

Post 526 - Roach...
Roach wrote:Far as I'm concerned, no-one is roleclaiming yet, though we should hear from d3sisted soon.
IS ANYONE READING THE DAMN THREAD?!?!
WE HAVE ALL ALREADY CLAIMED RESULTS

The same things have been explained to people, and their replacements, over and over again, and I'm fed up with it.

Well, I'm done. I'm sure it's fairly obvious why I'm going to
Vote: d3sisted
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:23 am

d3sisted wrote:He's dead now, so until someone counter claims, I'm a quack doc. Unless your stance is to lynch all quack docs, lynching me is a very anti-town play.
Uh, you're far from confirmed Quack. You simply can't be a Doc. Yes, from your own point of view, if town, you are a Quack, but as far as I'm concerned, you're nowhere near confirmed...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:25 am

d3sisted wrote:
Vote: CKD

I've had that entire case on him, with the whole back-and-forth not long ago. Somehow I got diverted and my vote went astray, but my vote is still on him.

I don't see why you guys are trying to lynch me. As far as I'm concerned, I (or my predecessor, to be precise) was the only one with a targetclaim on Fernando. He's dead now, so until someone counter claims, I'm a quack doc. Unless your stance is to lynch all quack docs, lynching me is a
very
anti-town play.
well if you read back a page or two, you will see why you unvoted me...you will even see that you tried to "join forces" with meto go after someone else....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:26 am

that should be the hammer
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:33 am

Post by d3sisted »

Honary Hitchhiker wrote:First of all:
Unvote:CKD
(I don't know what's up with my predecessors vote "because he is curious" lol)

Second of all
Vote:D3sisted
for his case against CKD on how it showed many flaws and was supported on one beam (Which was the whole not protecting N0 and so forth on the protecting at night matter) Whether or not he is Quack or Scum is uncertain(since Dral claimed on protecting Fernado this could be a ploy however)

I found Mert actually Protown in my eyes because he was determined and supported theorys with alot of proof and evidence. Battle Mage and Indy I found quite scummy for their irrelevant contribution to the discussion. I'm not sure of Amelia Li(replaced by ~N9V~) since she hasn't posted much but she seems to have the doctor role. JDodge pushing agaisnt the Indy case nonstop pesters me as he dosen't share any other thoughts :x. Jordan looks pretty protown in my eyes as well. I find KCD overly defensive with the D3sisted attacks but seems protown as well since he has contributed alot to the discussion. Stewie and Hjallti seem pretty neatural in my eyes alot I don't have alot to go on.
Your first (and only) post into this game and you jump onto the longest wagon you see.

Why don't you stop trying to use ambiguity to support your vote and show me how my case is flawed. I'd go as far as to say you didn't even read the thread. I don't just go upon "one beam" as you insinuate, I bring up several different points as to why I think he is scummy. In fact, I invite everyone to look over those posts again. Then, look me in the face and tell me my vote is supported by "one beam".

Secondly, what possibly could Dral have gained from this "ploy"? Turn himself into a vote magnet? That's just brilliant isn't it? (At any rate, it's highly WIFOM.)

As an aside, is Mert your scum buddy? Is that why you found him protown? Maybe that's also why you went completely out of your way to defend him. He hadn't any votes, hadn't any suspicion, you just felt like you needed to throw that out there. Yenno,
just in case.

FoS: HH

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:35 am

Post by d3sisted »

Damnit, cross posted, lol.

Oh, well, here's my "bah" post.

Go town.

Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Aimee »

Final Vote Count

d3sisted - 6 (JordanA24, Stewie, curiouskarmadog, Roach, HonaryHitchhiker, somestrangeflea)

curiouskarmadog - 2 (Tarhalindur, d3sisted)
Roach - 1 (Vel-Rahn Koon)
Tarhalindur – 1 (JDodge)

Not Voting - 1 (Hjallti)
Last edited by Aimee on Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Aimee »

After discussing for hours on end, the villagers finally decided to string up d3sisted. As he was dragged to the gallows, he continually protested his innocence. But you all kept going, somestrangeflea pushing him the final step towards the gallows.

After a slow and quiet few minutes, you realise he is dead, and inspect his body. You find medical supplies and his doctor qualification, and looking into the faces of the others, you realised that d3sisted was either a doctor or a quack, but more importantly an innocent.

d3sisted (Doctor) - Lynched Day 1

As the night fell upon the village, it was time for everyone to get home. But fear was in everyone's hearts as they made their protections... or kills.

It is now Night 1. Please send me your nightchoices by Friday 7th September. If replacements weren't given the Night 0 protection choices of their predecessors, send me a PM and I will inform you of them.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:12 am

Post by Aimee »

The wind and rain of the morning symbolised what the villagers knew had been a horrible night. Struggling into the Town Hall, they found the body of Vel-Rahn Koon lying motionless ahead of them. Searching his body reveals his certificate of medical practice - he was a certified doctor.

Glancing out the window, you see another body in the Public Gardens - the body of Hjallti lying next to some rather battered bigonias. On closer inspection, you find that he too was a certified doctor.

The villagers knew it would be a difficult day ahead - they wanted to get the mafia out of their town.

Vel-Rahn Koon (Doctor) - Killed Night 1
Hjallti (Doctor) - Killed Night 1

Day 2 commences. With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:20 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Well that sucks, I protected Vel last night.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:15 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Bah. Go Town.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:06 am

Aimee wrote:
The wind and rain of the morning symbolised what the villagers knew had been a horrible night. Struggling into the Town Hall, they found the body of Vel-Rahn Koon lying motionless ahead of them. Searching his body reveals his certificate of medical practice - he was a certified doctor.

Glancing out the window, you see another body in the Public Gardens - the body of Hjallti lying next to some rather battered bigonias. On closer inspection, you find that he too was a certified doctor.

The villagers knew it would be a difficult day ahead - they wanted to get the mafia out of their town.

Vel-Rahn Koon (Doctor) - Killed Night 1
Hjallti (Doctor) - Killed Night 1

Day 2 commences. With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
dammit, 2? I protected Jdodge.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:14 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:I protected Jdodge.
Me too.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:16 am

Post by JDodge »

I protected Flea
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Either I'm Quack or there's three people who targeted Hjallti last night. (Yes, I targeted Hjallti.)

I'm guessing the former, which means that
both somestrangeflea and HonaryHitchhiker are almost certainly true Doctors
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

EBWOP: wait, they could be lying scum.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:57 am

still waiting for the others to claim...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by Stewie »

I protected Jordan.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog