Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Dierfire »

I second Herrcombs's questions for Hieirama.
I'm looking forward to Lalendra's thoughts.
MM is correct that I should pay him more attention. That will be my priority later tonight, I hope.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

It is to myko's thoughts on me disliking his post and I said dier again.. what is happening..
Hieirama
Hieirama
Townie
Hieirama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Hieirama »

In post 984, herrcombs wrote:I'd like to jump in on this back and forth between Dier and Hiei --
these questions are for you, Hieirama:

In post 955, Hieirama wrote:I think they're both Town and I think we've got scum hiding in some common townreads.
The NK makes me more suspicious of this, actually.

In post 983, Hieirama wrote:Common Townreads; Dwlee, Herr, Keyser.
It unsettles me that it seems like scum haven't tried targeting them yet.

Which of those common townreads (between Dwlee, myself, and Keyser) do you think is/are scum? Do you have any reasons aside from the idea that "scum haven't tried targeting them yet?" And by targeting, do you mean targeting for NKs, or putting pressure on them during the day?

In post 983, Hieirama wrote:p.s. not liking how anti-Garmr Meanmelter is being

What makes you believe that it is more likely scum!Meanmelter trying to get town!Garmr lynched, rather than a town!Meanmelter following a strong scumread? Do you think Meanmelter is scumreading Garmr with substance, and if so, do you disagree with his reasoning?

1. Can't tell yet, but I have quite the suspicion.
Its the main reason why I feel that way, I don't think I have any other reasons.
NKs mainly. But there is a small lack of pushing around you guys. Guessing that scum already have some Townies in the common scumread zone ((Lala/Garmr/)) so there is no need to push suspicion around to different people to get a mislynch.

Ehh the tunnel is huge here, tho it isn't really a scumtell, so you have a good point there.
Um, sort of, I haven't re-read anything but I remember the Claim/quickhammer being key points of evidence. There's some "you're so scummy" and "wtf are you doing" ((Not those exact words, its the manner)) that sort of lengthen the posts without adding substance.
"Logic is panic's prey."
-Kurama
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Garmr »

Heir are you 100% sure that lala is town and not lying?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:55 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I just realized I thought myko was defending dier and that prompted my post.

Because you didn't want to look into it, myko, haschel voted lale so they are probably town using your reasons.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 948, Garmr wrote:I'm trying to set up a situation that will get lale killed if she's town by scum or lynched as scum or forces scum to protect a town power role to keep lale alive if she's scum

Um, wouldn't your plan work better if you didn't tell the whole world about it?
In post 949, Garmr wrote:Basically I'm trying to force a scenario were she gets confirmed or forces her as scum to get lynched or forces scum to leave a confirmed town alive.

:facepalm:
In post 992, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't understand why you would drop mason tells onto someone that wasn't mason, doesn't really make much sense, imo. I'm pretty sure it's just a strong town read.

Maybe to protect the real mason? i.e. scum knows you're town, so they might NK you if they think you're mason, it protects the real mason? Just a thought.

In post 929, herrcombs wrote:Feeling better about Keyser being town. Myko can be town until I reread things to make sure, same with DWL. Not sure if the Dier hammer makes him town or if he's just trying to buy town points.

Uneasy about the NK, either scum is trying to WIFOM us or Lalendra is mafia. Not entirely sure why BBT was killed -- I have suspicions, but I want to reread to make sure first.

Who did you protect last night, Lalendra?

Yeah about that - I protected BBT last night so I'm wicked confused. I've never had this happen before, does this mean we're in multiball? Excuse the stupidity but I really don't know wtf to think right now
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Dierfire »

Oh, that's interesting. Normally I'd assume that the Mafia had a Roleblocker, but that's a strange role for a game with Masons and BP. Maybe a Strongman instead?
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by Dierfire »

I'm back on my computer, by the way. Lalendra's claim actually makes me want to lynch Garmr a bit, but there's an element of WIFOM in there as well.
In either case, I should read MM again.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by Dierfire »

These walls are really difficult to get through.
Oh, MM was Felissan, right? Maybe I'll try to build up to it by reading Felissan again.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by Dierfire »

The vote on Hieirama in is in a suspicious place if Hieirama is Mafia, because that particular wagon was just starting to build.
Overall MM seems to care about mostly about Garmr. I am surprised that he hasn't shifted to look at other players, especially if he's as confident about Garmr as he says. It makes for repetitive and unproductive days.

@MM

Garmr dies and flips Mafia. What then?
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Dierfire »

Actually, I'm taking the rest of the night off.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1009, Dierfire wrote:The vote on Hieirama in is in a suspicious place if Hieirama is Mafia, because that particular wagon was just starting to build.
Overall MM seems to care about mostly about Garmr. I am surprised that he hasn't shifted to look at other players, especially if he's as confident about Garmr as he says. It makes for repetitive and unproductive days.

@MM

I think it's pretty obvious I'm town if mm is town then his a village idiot if not then you just pretty much fell into scums hands if you side with him.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Garmr, what are thoughts on lalendra now?

Lale, did you receive a roleblocked notification?
Hieirama
Hieirama
Townie
Hieirama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Hieirama »

@Garmr I'm not really 100% sure.
"Logic is panic's prey."
-Kurama
Meanmelter
Meanmelter
Goon
Meanmelter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Meanmelter »

In post 981, mykonian wrote:Suppose you are haschel. Day one, you play your game. You don't get in trouble. N1 you look at your play and it really doesn't look all that good, towards the end of the day there's some suspicion and indeed you have been a terrible lurk. You are a smart kid, do you think you'll make it to lylo? That'll be hard. So comes the second question, how do you set up your buddies to win the game for you?

I'd be very surprised if haschel voted for a lynch on a buddy that might have gone through, otoh, I'd expect him to distance if he saw the opportunity. Day 1 this is obvious different, he may have thought a good lynch could set him up there.

Perhaps his idea was to distance himself from everyone in the game. If he slips or gets caught in some way where he's gonna get lynched (In this case, a flash wagon on someone who was inactive and not giving any content) then there becomes less for us to analyze. I wouldn't say it the best idea for scum to do, but if you do get caught at least it keeps your scum buddies safe.
Are you proposing that Lale is town, then?
In post 983, Hieirama wrote:@Dier

Common Townreads; Dwlee, Herr, Keyser.
It unsettles me that it seems like scum haven't tried targeting them yet.

p.s. not liking how anti-Garmr Meanmelter is being

Is this only now a problem that I've been anti-Garmr nearly the entire game?
In post 986, Garmr wrote:
In post 984, herrcombs wrote:

What makes you believe that it is more likely scum!Meanmelter trying to get town!Garmr lynched, rather than a town!Meanmelter following a strong scumread? Do you think Meanmelter is scumreading Garmr with substance, and if so, do you disagree with his reasoning?

I don't think your even reading mean melters content there's a large number of misreps ect.

Please point out these misreps :)
In post 987, herrcombs wrote:Oh, I've read his posts, and I have my own opinions. I need to hear Hieirama's opinions though. This is important to me. I'd appreciate if you didn't interfere.

So what are your opinions on me, then?
In post 1005, Lalendra wrote:Yeah about that - I protected BBT last night so I'm wicked confused. I've never had this happen before, does this mean we're in multiball? Excuse the stupidity but I really don't know wtf to think right now

We might have a roleblocker, then. I can see why both a town and scum roleblocker would pick the fakeclaim/claimed doc.
In post 1006, Dierfire wrote:Oh, that's interesting. Normally I'd assume that the Mafia had a Roleblocker, but that's a strange role for a game with Masons and BP. Maybe a Strongman instead?

What makes you sure Garmr's claim is legit?
In post 1009, Dierfire wrote:Overall MM seems to care about mostly about Garmr. I am surprised that he hasn't shifted to look at other players, especially if he's as confident about Garmr as he says. It makes for repetitive and unproductive days.

@MM

Would you say I shouldn't focus on the player who I see entirely as scum and I should focus more on others who I see as town? I have been looking at other players, but I do not see a reason to change my vote. Especially D2 towards night. I don't think lynching an alleged doc would have been the best idea, or even a flash wagon. But hey, it worked.
My next agenda would be to sort out how believable Lale's doc claim is.
"Leon. Because almost every time I play conventional, I lose. So I'm sticking to my Jason vote" - happyd
Hieirama
Hieirama
Townie
Hieirama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Hieirama »

It was actually worse Day 2.
"Logic is panic's prey."
-Kurama
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I will have limited internet from Sunday afternoon through to Wednesday evening so I will do a thorough catch-up now. No stone will be left unturned :nerd:

I am also playing one other game approaching deadline so that will take priority over the next 3 days.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 981, mykonian wrote:
I'd be very surprised if haschel voted for a lynch on a buddy that might have gone through
, otoh, I'd expect him to distance if he saw the opportunity. Day 1 this is obvious different, he may have thought a good lynch could set him up there.

Yes, Haschel Cedricson put Lalendra to L-1 on D2:

In post 664, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Did a quick skim. A Lalendra vote is exactly the sort of thing I can get behind.
Vote: Lalendra
. Wouldn't mind a Hieirama lynch either.

[5] Lalendra - Dierfire, Garmr, Keyser Söze, herrcombs, Haschel Cedricson [L-1]

[4] Garmr - Meanmelter, Dwlee99, mykonian, Lalendra [L-2]
[1] Dierfire - BlueBloodedToffee [L-5]
Not Voting - Hieirama

Haschel Cedricson made a "quick skim" and voted Lalendra (Gamr was at L-2). I can't see Haschel Cedricson putting his scum-partner (Lalendra) at L-1 when a Gamr wagon was thriving. After herrcombs had voted Lalendra, Haschel Cedricson likely swooped in to take advantage. IMO, this buys Lalendra serious
town points

Moreover, if Lalendra is town and we have 3 mafia, I doubt all three were on Lalendra's wagon:
Dierfire, Garmr, Keyser Söze, herrcombs,
Haschel Cedricson
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 983, Hieirama wrote:Common Townreads; Dwlee, Herr, Keyser.
It unsettles me
that it seems like scum haven't tried targeting them yet.

Were you surprised that implosion and BlueBloodedToffee were targeted N1/N2?

Hmm. Do you think Gamr is town? Are you happy with mykonian being "anti-Gamr"?

In post 1005, Lalendra wrote:Yeah about that -
I protected BBT last night
so I'm wicked confused. I've never had this happen before, does this mean we're in multiball? Excuse the stupidity but I really don't know wtf to think right now

If true that suggests scum have:
- Mafia Roleblocker/Jailkeeper/Jack-of-all-Trades/Strongman

Note

Lalendra has now committed to 2 night actions/movements: N1: protect Mykonian (post 671) N2: protect BlueBloodedToffee (post 1005). (If she is scum she is taking a risk lying about night actions/movements).
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 1012, Dwlee99 wrote:Garmr, what are thoughts on lalendra now?

Lale, did you receive a roleblocked notification?

I did not, hence my serious confusion.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Dierfire »

Why did you pick BBT?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Lalendra »

I had a strong town read on him already, and then he was a strong supporter of the wagon on Haschel, who flipped scum. Seemed logical that scum might go after him that night.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Dierfire »

So, I was thinking that it would be unlikely for the Mafia to have a Roleblocker or a Jailkeeper or a similar ability (because it wouldn't help them against the Masons or the BP). This becomes slightly less true if Garmr was lying about his role, but I'm still finding it difficult to see. That's why I'm wondering about a Strongman. What do you think?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:33 am

Post by Lalendra »

I honestly don't have enough experience with power roles to speculate and contribute anything meaningful. However, if there is a strongman, it would be important to consider a) how many shots he/she likely has and b) why they would have chosen to use their (likely limited in number) attempt on BBT.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Lalendra »

At least, the MafiaWiki says Strongman is usually X-shot - would it be plausible to have one that's not? I guess with a doctor and BP it could be? But that seems like it would be unbalanced.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”