Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:13 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

/confirmed
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:32 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

/confirm

Two games I'm in started at the same time and I promised to read in the other one once I confirmed here so doing that and then coming back here to read.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:06 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Ok so I read everything and because I barely know anyone in the PL I need to reread again because I don't remember who said what.
Also this should tell you I haven't had strong thoughts or ideas during my first read. I hope to get them on my 2nd read, which will happen in a bit (my brains need rest)
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:34 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I just got bad news, will not be able to anything today, will be back tomorrow or if needed replace out.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:04 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 30, Davsto wrote:Ahh, maybe someone's Popo and they can post from both their account and Nana's? Either through having both accounts, or PMing the mod so they can't just confirm themselves.

PEdit whelp that's a mystery solved.

This indicates he has knowledge of the hydra page on the wiki.

In post 162, Davsto wrote:
In post 160, Metal Sonic wrote:Those were fake. Btoom was real. But he's ascetic. How convenient.

How does Ascetic stop it from working? It's still a kill, right? Or is that not how Ascetic works with the percentage mechanics?

This indicates he knows what the ascetic role does.

In post 196, Davsto wrote:Okay so right now I'm getting the feeling from LQ that he is purposely being obtuse.

Lickety wrote:And what do you make out of marios alignment being all ascetic?
Pretty sure it means nothing.

And this indicates that he has nothing to say about the alignment that the ascetic would likely be in this game.

Conclusion:
based on the fact that MMs repping an ascetic role as town [obviously], why doesn't Dav have anything to say at all about the alignment of ascetic in this game? Does he have no knowledge of setups? I'm pretty sure it says on the ascetic wiki page how ascetic is usually used in games. Why just say "meh, it prolly is nothing." He didn't have anything to say about MM claim after "testing the validity" of it and then he follows that up by saying its nothing. BWCS, he is unknowingly keeping content from happening in this game. At worst he is scum and Ms was right to set their sights on targeting them (which no way in hell that is an actual bus).
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Davsto »

Give me a good reason why Ascetic should be indicative of alignment.

As long as I believe the claim - and the specificness of the whole "3-shot" and "each person targeting" thing is making me believe it - I at least know he's not lying.

But, 9/10 times, role abilities are non-indicative of alignment. Particularly in role madness games. Mods love to put super scummy roles as town to break massclaims.

I'm decently well versed in mafia. I'm not omniscient. Ascetic can appear as both town or scum. Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:28 am

In post 205, Davsto wrote:Give me a good reason why Ascetic should be indicative of alignment.

As long as I believe the claim - and the specificness of the whole "3-shot" and "each person targeting" thing is making me believe it - I at least know he's not lying.

But, 9/10 times, role abilities are non-indicative of alignment. Particularly in role madness games. Mods love to put super scummy roles as town to break massclaims.

I'm decently well versed in mafia. I'm not omniscient. Ascetic can appear as both town or scum. Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.

I would have not had to make all those posts asking you to give your thoughts on ascetic if you would have just said this in the first place. Did you think this was common knowledge or something so not even worth discussing or what? I do however, find it weird that you're willing to believe that MM is in fact ascetic just taking him at his word. You seem to understand some in depth things about the ascetic role, however, you once again fail at explaining thing to the degree that they should be thought about. It should be well apparent that in this game the implication of someone being ascetic, let alone claiming it withing the first 24 hours should be at least cause to think somewhat indepthly about the subject given that you are as you say well versed in mafia. But lets say you are 100% correct in this. Surely this would say a great deal about MM for claiming ascetic within the first what 12 hours of the thread opening? I am tempted to believe that you are just not trying too hard to solve this game at this point in time. IIRC, MM did not in fact give much of a reason to believe that his claim was true. Why did you believe him out of curiosity?

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Lickety - takes Ascetic role claim at its word

Lickety - accuses Davsto for accepting Ascetic role claim at its word

This is another glaring contradiction from Lickety in addition to the ones you guys have caught. I'm inclined to believe he's intentionally planting them at this point. Definitely agree that he should be vigged/%'d, and I have a townread on All Alone for approaching it with that mindset.

Tails and Metal Sonic votes on him are bad but I don't think both are scum.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:51 am

As far as I can tell I never once gave an opinion on MM's claim. All I did was point out that Dav did not follow up on their inquiry on MM claim enough for my taste. I'd spew some meta on myself, but pretty sure that would just be taken as scummy at this point.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:02 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 204, LicketyQuickety wrote:
based on the fact that MMs repping an ascetic role as town [obviously], why doesn't Dav have anything to say at all about the alignment of ascetic in this game?

Did I misread this? It looks to me like you're saying MM is Ascetic and attempting to use it for towncred.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

EBWOP - and that MM* is using it for towncred, not that LQ is.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:06 am

In post 209, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 204, LicketyQuickety wrote:
based on the fact that MMs
repping
an ascetic role as town [obviously], why doesn't Dav have anything to say at all about the alignment of ascetic in this game?

Did I misread this? It looks to me like you're saying MM is Ascetic and attempting to use it for towncred.

There's a word in there I think you're missing. Take a guess which one.

PEdit: Yeah, that would make way more sense I think.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:11 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Ah okay, so you're saying he's claiming Ascetic not that you actually believe Ascetic, gotcha. I should really wait to post in the morning until after I've had coffee.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:19 am

, #justsayin'

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:07 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

so i have no idea what to make of this
gl and davsto and lq are all town calling it
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:15 am

Post by Davsto »

I wanna say that LQ is scum but honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting (sue me) and I still think there's a chance that LQ is just dim, to put it politely. He seems genuine in believing I should be able to summon more about that ascetic.

Also, I don't see what is significant about him claiming Ascetic early. It's quite a common thing, I know I did in the first game I was ascetic. It stops Docs wasting protects. I'm not gonna put MM in conftown or anything for that claim but definitely leaning town.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 208, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'd spew some meta on myself, but pretty sure that would just be taken as scummy at this point.

Why bring this up at all then. Also what made you go from seeing MS as scum in #137 to possibly town in #158?

I like All Alone's opening so I'm leaning town on him. Also leaning town on GL, but it's mostly gut.

Oh yeah, and one part of my role is miller. On top of the usual guilty investigations thing, it seems like I'll show up as having visited a random person who died each night.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:19 am

In post 216, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 208, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'd spew some meta on myself, but pretty sure that would just be taken as scummy at this point.

Why bring this up at all then. Also what made you go from seeing MS as scum in #137 to possibly town in #158?

I like All Alone's opening so I'm leaning town on him. Also leaning town on GL, but it's mostly gut.

Oh yeah, and one part of my role is miller. On top of the usual guilty investigations thing, it seems like I'll show up as having visited a random person who died
each night.

Does it happen any time a player dies or just when they are NKed?

Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Gendaberry »

Not specified so I assume it triggers whenever some one dies during the night and the person I "visit" is picked randomly from that night's deaths.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:40 am

Post by Tails »

Why Lickety is scum and you should vote him:
1.) He's hedging his bets. (MS or GL? Seriously? You couldn't just say you had 4 scumreads? You had to limit the amount you had? Seems fake.)
2.) He's fishing and only focused on roles and mechanics. No scumhunting from him whatsoever. This is metagaming at its finest. It's filler.
3.) He's spreading suspicion everywhere and keeping his options open. Look at the last 2 pages and see how many people he's called suspect.

Now lynch the obv. scum.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:43 am

In post 219, Tails wrote:Why Lickety is scum and you should vote him:
1.) He's hedging his bets. (MS or GL? Seriously? You couldn't just say you had 4 scumreads? You had to limit the amount you had? Seems fake.)
2.) He's fishing and only focused on roles and mechanics. No scumhunting from him whatsoever. This is metagaming at its finest. It's filler.
3.) He's spreading suspicion everywhere and keeping his options open. Look at the last 2 pages and see how many people he's called suspect.

Now lynch the obv. scum.

I'm pretty sure I generated quite a bit more content in this game that you have, tails.

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Tails »

Oh look. I made the scum angry. I did notice how you tried to turn this back on me while dodging everything I just said.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Tails »

Besides, I wouldn't call what you've posted content.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:01 am

In post 221, Tails wrote:Oh look. I made the scum angry. I did notice how you tried to turn this back on me while dodging everything I just said.

Fine.

In post 219, Tails wrote:Why Lickety is scum and you should vote him:

Now lynch the obv. scum.

1.) Ms and GL both looked scummy to me on a first go through of the thread. I was thinking at the time that there's no way these two are scum together. I've changed my reads since then, sue me.
2.) OK I don't see at all how I am not Scum hunting here. How many things have I done to try and poke at things? At this stage of the game do you really think that anyone has a lot to go on? I opened fishing for reactions and I got some which informs me on peoples alignment. I've reread the thread like 3-4 times now and each time I am picking up new things to think about. I made a rush at the start and I did it to reread those reactions that were happening when Scum are in their most unnatural state. You on the other had have only made face value stance on things and sheeped hard.
3.) OR, you know, everyone is Scum at this point and I'm trying to see who is Town first. AFAIK I still have my vote on the same person who I originally had my first Scum read on.

Tails, I know I look Scummy because I have weird behavior, but I have done way more than a pretty good portion of the players in this game so far. Your case is weak.

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Tails »

In post 223, LicketyQuickety wrote:
1.) Ms and GL both looked scummy to me on a first go through of the thread. I was thinking at the time that there's no way these two are scum together. I've changed my reads since then, sue me.

Why couldn't they be scum together?

2.) OK I don't see at all how I am not Scum hunting here. How many things have I done to try and poke at things? At this stage of the game do you really think that anyone has a lot to go on? I opened fishing for reactions and I got some which informs me on peoples alignment. I've reread the thread like 3-4 times now and each time I am picking up new things to think about. I made a rush at the start and I did it to reread those reactions that were happening when Scum are in their most unnatural state.

You're setup specing. There's a difference.

You on the other had have only made face value stance on things and sheeped hard.

Am I? Just because I'm not up front with my judgements doesn't mean I'm not making them. And MS has been sheeping me, tyvm.

3.) OR, you know, everyone is Scum at this point and I'm trying to see who is Town first. AFAIK I still have my vote on the same person who I originally had my first Scum read on.

Why is you vote parking supposed to prove towniness?

Tails, I know I look Scummy because I have weird behavior, but I have done way more than a pretty good portion of the players in this game so far. Your case is weak.

:lol:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”