Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by All Alone »

confirm :]
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 21, LicketyQuickety wrote:All VT's should claim BTW.

I'm VT.

In post 45, LicketyQuickety wrote:

No, its a bad play. Interesting that you comment on it so after the fact.

In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:ofc I'm trolling. Why do you ask?

In post 106, LicketyQuickety wrote:What if I'm jester or something?

In post 110, LicketyQuickety wrote:Pretty early to be sure, wouldn't you say?

BTW how the heck would you know I'm scum with no meta on me based on the way I have played so far?

In post 135, LicketyQuickety wrote:Stop saying I'm obvtown unless you don't care if I get NKed early.

In post 182, LicketyQuickety wrote:You can't be serious with this. I'f I am not playing a game solvey playstyle I don't know what is! I'm actually trying to play as obtown as possible.

That last quote is pretty clearly contradictory with the others, but IMO it reads like Lickety's trying to get noticed contradicting himself. If we lynch him and he's a jester, would that end the game? If so, I'd rather that people with percentage abilities pseudo-vig him.

Either way though, I'd rather lynch this today:

In post 95, Davsto wrote:
smiffle wrote:if Dav is town, then why is my vote shit? riddle me this
'cause you saw an opportunity to vote and you grabbed it. It doesn't look like you genuinely found it scummy. You didn't prod or poke or ask questions about it before voting, you just voted.

I don't buy this. Davsto has been around long enough that I'm pretty sure he's seen townies vote without asking questions. It reads like he's trying to capitalize on smiffle for not following the hypothetical Big Book of Rules For Good Little Townies. Combine that with the fact that Davsto didn't prod or poke smiffle before voting him (or even during or after, for that matter!) and I really have a hard time thinking that this is something Davsto honestly believes.

VOTE: Davsto
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 215, Davsto wrote:honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting

confirm vote

In post 205, Davsto wrote:Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.

In post 215, Davsto wrote:I'm not gonna put MM in conftown or anything for that claim but definitely leaning town.

confirm vote

In post 269, Davsto wrote:
In post 263, smiffle wrote:
In post 215, Davsto wrote:I wanna say that LQ is scum but honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting (sue me) and I still think there's a chance that LQ is just dim, to put it politely. He seems genuine in believing I should be able to summon more about that ascetic.

Hey, considering that All Alone pointed out the terrible reason you voted me to begin with, why are you still on my wagon?

I tend to trust myself more than I trust others whose alignments I am unaware of. Not because I think I'm "better", but because I know my reads come from a town perspective. I have no idea on All Alone's motives.

confirm vote

In post 412, Davsto wrote:
In post 411, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 409, Davsto wrote:*series of text completely unrelated to me*
*vote on me*
???

[snip]

Oh lovely, the best kind of read. Like seriously, this is just yeh.

I'm becoming rather fond of naked votes, they make people react in informative ways. Do you think people will seriously lynch you just because of my vote?
One game I got quicklynched in about fifteen minutes from one super-scummy vote. I get worried.

confirm vote
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:23 am

Post by All Alone »

In post 454, smiffle wrote:All alone, what's your read on Gl?

GuiltyLion is probably town IMO. I like his vote on Davsto as well as his post about Wanderer, and I don't really think it's contradictory or scummy for him to "defend" Lickety while having a null read on him. If there's a huge wagon on someone and you don't have a read on them, you better be doing something to get a read on them, and questioning the people pushing the wagon is a reasonable way to do that. That makes more sense to me than any scum motive for his play today regardless of Lickety's alignment.

As far as Lickety goes, I'm increasingly okay with lynching him today. Part of that is I looked up jester games on this site and found that jesters never once ended the game when lynched, and part of that is that jesters are really rare on this site, even in bastard mod games, so most likely he's probably just scum. Davsto is still my top scumread though.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:38 am

Post by All Alone »

In post 481, Davsto wrote:But seriously, posts like that are bad. They don't even have to state reasons, they judt quote things and let the reader fill in the blank. Rather than risking inconsistency, they just quotes a bunch of things and let people interpret it their own way.

All Alone, explain every damn one of those "reasons" to me with some detail.

k

I don't think a townie would go out of their way to make it vague who they're voting like this. Townies almost always want more attention on the players they're voting. But if you're scum and you're just trying to vote park, a cutesy nickname doesn't get in your way at all. And both your smiffle and GuiltyLion votes read like vote parks, so.

In post 205, Davsto wrote:Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.

In post 215, Davsto wrote:I'm not gonna put MM in conftown or anything for that claim but definitely leaning town.

I really don't see a good reason why you would adamantly insist that it's stupid to speculate about Mario's alignment based on his ascetic claim, and then ten posts later speculate about Mario's alignment based on his ascetic claim. Seeing how Mario called you town in the time between those posts, it reads like you just decided to call him town just to stay buddies with him.

In post 269, Davsto wrote:
In post 263, smiffle wrote:
In post 215, Davsto wrote:I wanna say that LQ is scum but honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting (sue me) and I still think there's a chance that LQ is just dim, to put it politely. He seems genuine in believing I should be able to summon more about that ascetic.

Hey, considering that All Alone pointed out the terrible reason you voted me to begin with, why are you still on my wagon?

I tend to trust myself more than I trust others whose alignments I am unaware of. Not because I think I'm "better", but because I know my reads come from a town perspective. I have no idea on All Alone's motives.

This is a complete non-answer. You managed to answer the question "why are you still voting smiffle" without even mentioning smiffle. Not even off-handedly. If you legitimately felt you had a good reason to vote smiffle, I'm pretty sure you would have brought it up here.

In post 412, Davsto wrote:
In post 411, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 409, Davsto wrote:*series of text completely unrelated to me*
*vote on me*
???

[snip]

Oh lovely, the best kind of read. Like seriously, this is just yeh.

I'm becoming rather fond of naked votes, they make people react in informative ways. Do you think people will seriously lynch you just because of my vote?
One game I got quicklynched in about fifteen minutes from one super-scummy vote. I get worried.

One-game self-meta is how scum try to prove they're town, because once you have enough games, you can use it to prove just about anything is your towngame. This is a pretty transparent example of that: being that the most popular wagon has always been Lickety, I seriously doubt you would be worried about getting quicklynched here. As a result, this doesn't read like you're genuinely explaining your behavior, it reads like you're just scrounging the bottom of the meta barrel to make a towncase for yourself.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Post by All Alone »

I still think Davsto is most likely to flip red.

In post 574, Davsto wrote:Thanks!
In post 573, All Alone wrote:

I don't think a townie would go out of their way to make it vague who they're voting like this. Townies almost always want more attention on the players they're voting. But if you're scum and you're just trying to vote park, a cutesy nickname doesn't get in your way at all. And both your smiffle and GuiltyLion votes read like vote parks, so.
I genuinely forgot his name, and didn't have the effort to look it up.

I really can't envision a scenario where Davsto would genuinely think Smiffle was the scummiest player, but not even know his name. Townies who suspect someone tend to read them and reread them and think about them and rethink about them and post about them and repost about them. Davsto not knowing Smiffle's name is a pretty good indicator that he's not doing that.

In post 632, Tails wrote:@Alive: I want to field test Genda tonight. You in?

:]
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:20 pm

Post by All Alone »

VOTE: Wanderer-nl
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by All Alone »

All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by All Alone »

i think ika is lyncher for xtoxm

metal sonic and ika both claimed specifically to get xtoxm lynched

plus why would vonflare make zelda a cop, and also informed that link is not town aligned? afaik, zelda has no investigative powers, and she always trusts link. zelda being ganon-lyncher makes a lot more sense than cop

plus lyncher -> survivor is a common cliche in games with third parties
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1273 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by All Alone »

VOTE: davsto

would also lynch firebringer but i prefer this by a decent bit
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by All Alone »

PWNED

anyone who doesn't lynch Davsto today deserves six straight hours of Brawl
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:22 am

Post by All Alone »

You hear that everyone? Don't trust the roleblocker, because something something role madness!
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by All Alone »

VOTE: Firebringer
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by All Alone »

VOTE: nana
BATMAN!
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 1325, GuiltyLion wrote:All Alone, what happened to your Davsto scumread?

His disappearance looks incredibly sketchy to me, like town would make better reads by arguing with people pushing on them instead of watching us turbolynch the other suspect. I'd love for him to post these reads that he made after he removed himself from the lynchpool.

It's still there, but Nana is much much scummier:

1. She "knew" Firebringer's alignments in , but Firebringer's "GL Nana, If you are really survivor now, or mafia. IDC." in suggest he didn't know hers. I really don't think that if Firebringer knew Nana's alignments, he'd pretend not to just to gamethrow on her behalf. That points towards Nana fakeclaiming.

2. I doubt she would've claimed survivor if she actually was turning into one. Ika was still alive, and has already shown no mercy to survivor claims. Claiming survivor would be blatantly anti-wincon for an actual survivor. If she knew she was becoming scum, and could therefore shoot ika, a survivor claim makes a lot more sense.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:13 am

Post by All Alone »

Spoiler: HUGE wall of content
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 1343, Nana wrote:he could be killed and then I switch to scum team.

someone hammer already good night
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by All Alone »

Lickety, I have a
really
hard time believing that somebody who genuinely wanted to PL ika for fakeclaiming would be defending Nana's trainwreck of a fakeclaim.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 1359, smiffle wrote:All Alone, where do you stand on the Davsto Lynch? I know your read on him, but from the point of view of actually getting him lynched, do you have a plan?

I have a four step plan.

VOTE: davsto

That's step one.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 1396, GuiltyLion wrote:Also I've been thinking about whether it's anti-town to ask this but I decided now is the best time to do it:

Does anyone else have hitstun (partial roleblock)? Because Tails had it, and Grib flipped "modified-roleblocker" so I'm assuming he had it, and my hitstun is worthless at this point if no one else has it anymore. If someone does have it, then before a lynch we should coordinate on who we RB if we see a scum flip, and we should coordinate with Gendaberry on RBs if he's alive going into an even numbered night. I targeted LQ with hitstun last night, but that was obviously redundant with Genda RBing him as well.

best play here IMO is you announce who you're hitstunning and anyone else with it can follow you
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Post by All Alone »

:neutral:

In post 1291, smiffle wrote:Soooo... Dav can commute, and everyone on the FB wagon currently is a town read. There will be numerous questions for Dav when he comes back.

How did you work out that Dav's disappearance was due to a day-commute on D3? He hadn't returned yet, and he didn't claim that ability until D4. There were other plausible explanations for him disappearing (with all the heat on him, I'd just assumed someone had dayvigged him) and day-commuter isn't exactly a common role, so I'm really curious how you knew his role.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by All Alone »

in after prod
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Post by All Alone »

blegh ive reread this a thousand times and stil have gotten no further than i dont want to lynch ika or smiffle today
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:13 am

Post by All Alone »

my biggest issue with a Genda lynch is, I don't really think he can be scum with Davsto. That roleblock claim honestly doesn't feel like a SvS gambit.

Dav is still my strongest scum read, but I'm willing to consider scenarios where he's town. but without a specific one in mind I'm not all that inclined to lynch Genda

In post 1458, GuiltyLion wrote:All Alone what makes you convinced that smiffle is town?

cause tails and grib both said so

(there's more to it than that but I don't think it's pro town to explain right now)
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:49 am

Post by All Alone »

Hello friends,

Five days ago, we started a journey born out of our shared love for competitive mafia games. Eventually, the electrifying passion that coursed through us arced out and drew in more people until our small circle of votes grew into a wagon, and that wagon grew into a lynch and subsequent flip. Project M(afia) and its community have grown larger than any of us ever anticipated, and it’s truly heartwarming to see all of the unforgettable connections and friendships that have been forged through this day.

Unfortunately, we’re here to say that we’re at the end of that road.

We’ve learned so much in the process of making Project M(afia)—accumulating life-changing lessons in communication, team work, professionalism, work ethic, and more—but there’s only so far we can take those skills in the fifth game day. With this in mind, we’ve made a difficult business decision: We’re ready to finish development here and move on to bigger and better ventures.

We realize that this will come as a shock to many of our town. Please, forgive us. Again, it’s been an excruciating call to make, but it’s been made a bit easier by our satisfaction with the previous and fourth day, D4. We’ve spent five days polishing Project M(afia), and rather than let it drag on through another several days of dwindling development and change-fatigue in the viable wagons, we’re going to consider this day complete.

In the mean time, we plan to be hard at work on new lynches, built from the ground up. We can’t spill the beans just yet, but know that we’re looking towards a fresh start with brand new wagons. Rather than splitting our focus, many of us want to dedicate ourselves to this new venture fully. In this way, we hope to maintain the level of quality and professionalism you’ve come to expect from us.

In summary, we are ceasing development of day 5 (effective immediately) and will be making no further votes as we turn our attention towards an entirely new day. As the thread will be formally locked, please forward all official night actions regarding Project M(afia) to mafia game moderator and role PM consultant vonflare. We appreciate your support and your understanding.

One final time,

VOTE: Gendaberry

Thank you for playing!
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:32 am

Post by All Alone »

In post 1496, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not really confident in anything except ika being town. Davsto still looks scummy but it makes me uncomfortable that everyone in the game is openly trying to lynch him.

At what point do you guys think we should massclaim to try to break this game?

Not today unless there's a reason to believe that massclaim would change today's lynch from being Davsto. And I really doubt massclaim will give us a better setup-spec suspect than the guy who was blocked by a conftown roleblocker on a kill-less night.

I'll wait to see if smiffle or Lickety have any surprises in that vein before voting but I'm not really holding my breath.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:12 am

Post by All Alone »

All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (isolation #27) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:36 am

Post by All Alone »

"Successfully killing at night would be a good way to achieve our wincon." -some other game's scumteam

In post 1520, GuiltyLion wrote:Also thinking we may still be in LYLO

If Davsto had two buddies then they would have controlled half the town yesterday.

Yeah, massclaim here makes sense.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:49 am

Post by All Alone »

prod dodge
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by All Alone »

Fox

I have a laser hitstun. I targeted Genda n1, Nana n3, smiffle n6, davsto all other nights. I'm also "best friends" with Tails, meaning my role PM told me that he was Falco and that we both had the same alignment and abilities.

Spoiler: bredcrumz
In post 355, Tails wrote:Alive is the towniest person in the game besides me.

In post 632, Tails wrote:@Alive: I want to field test Genda tonight. You in?

^This was how we coordinated our hitstun without having a mason chat.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1546 (isolation #30) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by All Alone »

lickety already claimed in so only ika needs to claim still
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (isolation #31) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:42 am

Post by All Alone »

I think scum knew that there was a roleblock in play since both me and GL hitstunned davsto on N5, so it makes sense for scum-smiffle to claim psuedo-unblockable to avoid the roleblock. Plus everyone else has either flipped or claimed at least two abilities, but he's only claimed the one ability, which makes me think it was a fake claim.

I also think davsto's proves that scum had worked out that I was partners with Tails, since "Fox-hunting" wouldn't make sense from scum's perspective unless they knew what a best friend is. Best friends are mentioned on the wiki page for Mason so it makes sense that scum could work that out. I'm too lazy to look them up rn but there were definitely some posts from smiffle that indicated he knew my role (and also some from both GL and LQ that indicate they didn't) which makes me think smiffle is Davsto's partner.

Lynch smiffle and if he doesn't end the game roleblock Lickety works for me, but I think it'll just end the game most likely.

VOTE: smiffle

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”