California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

Skruffs: 4 (Cogito Ergo Sum, foolinc, Oman, VitaminR)
LoudmouthLee: 3 (Adele, Skruffs, Thesp)
jeep: 2 (Dragon Phoenix, Mgm)
Mgm: 2 (jeep, logicticus)
PlaysWithSquirrels: 2 (Talitha, xyzzy)
Cubsfan4ever: 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
logicticus: 1 (Mastermind of Sin)
Mastermind of Sin: 1 (LoudmouthLee)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 (PlaysWithSquirrels)
xyzzy: 1 (Zindaras)
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Jeep, about that Mgm quote, I agree it could have a slight discouraging effect, but do you really think that was Mgm's intent? Do you think Mgm thinks discouraging Condorcet voting to be pro-scum? I don't think it hurts the town. There's no real reason to think Mgm does.

How is that quote more consistent with Mgmscum than Mgmtown motivewise?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by jeep »

Scum never intend to tip their hand. So, I don't know if MGM agrees that discouraging Condocet is pro-scum or not. If he does, then he's stupid, I guess... so I'll go with: no, I don't think that MGM thinks that discouraging it is pro-scum.

Discouraging Condorcet does hurt the town. It's by analyzing the patterns that we'll get information. Scum are the ones who will need to be extra careful with their lists... anything that complicates the scums web of lies is a good thing for the town.

-JEEP
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Skruffs, I focussed on the part with Thesp specifically because it seemed to lack content.

@PWS, what makes you think there is no information to be gained from attacking MoS on his actions so far?

Specifically, what do you define as information?

For example I've already learned who is willing to join me on an attack on MoS based on my reasoning so far and who isn't. Why would you classify this as "not information"?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:32 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Talitha on the GL wrote:Is it just me who can't get on scum? The site has refused to load all day.
FYI
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:50 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Tally is having issues with her ISP. We are likely going to work something out for her to post via proxy.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Analysis 112-229

Adele: waiting for more contribution this weekend. So far, slight townie vibe.

Cogito Ergo Sum: tends to post relatively short contributions for this game. So far, slight townie vibe, but would like to see more discussion about other players.

Cubsfan4ever: Few posts and short - consisting of nothing more than some defence of Skruffs. I maintain that he gives off a scum smell if Skruffs turns out to be innocent. Even worse, with his lack of contribution he is already giving off a scum smell now. IGMEOY, likely scum.

foolinc: gave a helpful analysis of all players from his point of view. Tend to think of him as town for the time being

jeep: I am still uncomfortable with the way he backpeddled (I'm still maintaining he did) about eh Condorcet issues. In general, I think his contribution has been sub par - what has he done except these discussions? Maintain him as high in my list of probable scum.

logicticus: prodding, attacking with quotes, like I would expect a townie to behave. Upgarded to likely townie.

LoudmouthLee: [fittingly, one of the loudest players so far. I don't associate that with scum usually. Probably town.] previous comment still stands in principle, but my gut starts to worry. Less likely to be town than before, but not clearly scummy.

Mastermind of Sin: [a rather complicated way to do a random vote and fit the posting rule. Then nothing. Smells scummy.] since then we have had little else than defence on his random method. Upgraded to scummy.

Mgm: a lot of (short) posts, also because he got attacked several times. I don;t see his actions as scummy so far, and don;t get a scum vibe. Also not a town vibe though. Neutral.

Oman: since my previous analysis mainly discussing with Skruffs. Comes over as neutral to me.

PlaysWithSquirrels: contributes little, and gives the impression to try to stay under the radar whilst keeping to the rules. Upgraded to scummy.

PookyTheMagicalBear: Pooky is still being pooky. I always have problems reading him. Neutral for the time being.

Skruffs: his defences so far have not really convinced me. Still noted down as likely scum.

Talitha: little contributions but accessibility problems. Need to see more of her. For the time being neutral.

Thesp: posted a good analysis to make up for earlier absence. Gives off town vibes for the time being.

Thestatusquo: virtually absent (a confirm and a non content post). Could be scum trying to stay under the radar, but then does not do a very convincing job. Scummy for the time being, but more contributions are required.

VitaminR: made a positive contribution to the game in post 74, picking Scrubbs apart. Likely townie, even if he votes for me. Pretty strong town vibes.

xyzzy: funded attack on Mgm is his main contribution so far. Neutral.

Zindaras: [don't know what to make of him. Inconsequential posting, attacked Scrubbs vehemently onyl to drop him the moment the wagon gets underway, to switch to LML on gut. Hm. IGMEOY. ] His more recent posts taste town to me.

So we have:
Scummy: Cubsfan4ever, jeep, Mastermind of Sin, PlaysWithSquirrels, Skruffs, Thestatusquo
Neutral: LoudmouthLee, Mgm, Oman, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha, xyzzy
Townish: Adele, Cogito Ergo Sum, foolinc, logicticus, Thesp, VitaminR, Zindaras

I will unvote jeep, mainly because I don;t think we can get a majority on him anyway. I go back to Skruffs, and wtill do the condorcet thingy (I am putting myself ahead of no lynch for reasons that I will explain if someone wants to - it is not an error):

Unvote jeep

Vote Skruffs
, jeep, [Cubsfan4ever, Mastermind of Sin, PlaysWithSquirrels, Thestatusquo], [LoudmouthLee, Mgm, Oman, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha, xyzzy], [Adele, Cogito Ergo Sum, foolinc, logicticus, Thesp, VitaminR, Zindaras], Dragon Phoenix, No lynch.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:52 pm

Post by Mgm »

I am still uncomfortable with the way he backpeddled (I'm still maintaining he did) about eh Condorcet issues
Why do you make it sound like an opinion you need to defend when you have evidence to back the whole thing up with quotes?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:19 am

Post by Zindaras »

Well, Mr. Phoenix, I might as well ask: why would you rather have yourself lynched than a no lynch?

Are you, perhaps, a Jester?
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:02 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Nope. I am not a confirmed innocent, therefore if I get lynched (and you find out I'm town), the town gets information from discussions and voting patterns. If we have no lynch we have no information.

And knowing mith, the chances of there being a jester in the pool are astronomically small.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:08 am

Post by Talitha »

I am here! mith sorted me out with a proxy, thanks mith.

I am going to stick with my vote on PWS for now. If there were any other votes on Oman, I would consider switching. They are my main 2 suspects.

I hesitate to say I think Skruffs is innocent as I really don't have enough info to be confident.. but I still maintain I could see a townie acting the way he did. I think I will read over his posts one more time and then make a call on whether I can support the bandwagon or not, seeing as he is the bandwagon du jour. I'll do this tomorrow if I get a chance

Re: Jeep... I do also kinda think he could be scum. I just haven't felt the townie conviction from his posts, I guess.

I'm not usually one who lists players who I have a good feeling are town, not this early anyway. I don't like to give the scum help in choosing their targets.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:14 am

Post by Talitha »

And knowing mith, the chances of there being a jester in the pool are astronomically small.
But mith loves Jesters!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:48 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Yay thesp. ANd, because of your post, yay pooky. I snickered at it.
I was very impressed with THesp's play in Meadows of Sorrow and I feel he is a great player who will bring a lot to this game. For all the reasons you said above, too, minus the ""Are you trying to get into his good graces with a generic contentless message like "yay thesp"?" part. I'm not a butt kisser. (See former discussion with lml re: friendships nad mafia, playing of)
God this post scares the ever-living crap out of me.

Scruffs decides that, since Thesp is a good player, we should "Yay Thesp!" because he "has a lot to bring?"

What would happen if Thesp was scum, Scruffs? I don't understand this post at all, and this is not a misrepresentation, Scruffs. Could you explain it to me?

Unvote, Vote: Scruffs
, MoS, Zindaras, MGM, PWS, Xyzzy

Tag corrected. Please use bold tags only for voting and unvoting. - Mod
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Thesp »

Skruffs wrote:Scum can act town for short periods of time, but in the end, they want mislynches.
From a theory standpoint, I think this is misleading.
Skruffs re: DP wrote:His later note on Jeep is very interesting and goes against my collected data on him. As well as everyone else's. I like how he took a break, 'dug' at jeep, got accolades for it, adn then went back to me. Now people are saying "Well look what he did to jeep" (even if it was misguided), which by default makes it look like he was doing the same thing to me. He wasn't. I don't remember him 'digging' when he put the seventh vote on me, and I don't remember him 'digging' when he said that if I was scum one person would look bad and if I was town another would look bad.
Do you think he's distancing from Jeep?
Talitha wrote:I still don't see this as likely to happen at all, but I will answer you. It provides all the obvious information, eg. that the person was town, that Jeep wanted to lynch them as a 3rd/6th choice, and obviously others must have had him/her listed for a lynch as well. Now I ask to you, how much difference does it make if Jeep invents a logical sounding reason for all of those he has listed, to appease you? There are a thousand reasons he could make up, and people who have been playing this game a while are most likely going to be convincing. I am not saying that giving reasons never helps, I am saying
don't stifle people from voting by pretending that it's a rule that votes must be accompanied by a reason
. Because if I am still alive later in the game and re-reading over day 1 trying to find the scum, I will be looking at the votes first, the reasons second.
Talitha wins this thread forever. Her winningness cannot be surpassed. ;)
Oman wrote:I'd say that anylynch is better then no lynch, the game was made for the mechanics of lynching each day and NK each day.
Would you support an Oman lynch over a No Lynch?
Adele wrote:Scum 1 and scum 2 could arrange before the game to "random" vote scum 3 so that anyone else voting scum 3 would be attacked.
Scum 1 and scum 2 could arrange before the game to "random" vote townie 3 so that they could unvote and defend the townie upon the third vote so, should that that townie ever die, they'll be considered likely GGs be association.

And so on.
Do you think either of the scenarios you've presented here have potentially obtained?
Skruffs wrote:I like how LML is being meta'd because 'he's always loud and likes to stir things up' but i am being voted for the exact same thing, and I'm not doing it by attacking people based on reasons that were half thought out or misread or just not understood at all. I will have to make a note to play much, much sloppier in the future.
This feels
weird
jeep wrote:Anyone who DISCOURAGES the use of a list is scummy. That is clear from my post that you quoted, right? People NOT using a list, doesn't make them scummy. It's only if they discourage the use of a list.
Can a person express that they themselves don't want to use a list without discouraging the use of a list? (READING EDIT: Zindaras seems to be asking this question, too.)
cubsfan4ever wrote:Again, I don't think Skruffs is doing anything out the ordinary than what he does in just about every game he plays. It would seem he is getting attacked without differing from his normal play style whereas others such as LmL are seen as easier to understand because they are not doing anything out of how they would normally play.
What do you think of other players?
PookytheMagicalBear wrote:Yes MoS,

I'm not saying your scum because of making a random vote.

I am saying you are scum because of the effort you've taken to make sure that your vote is seen as completely random.

Why go to that effort unless you have something to hide?
Heck if you had just voted alphabetically it would've taken much less effort, been about as random, and had about the same impact on the game in terms of voting(which is to say pretty much none at all since random votes are kinda worthless and I doubt we'll move into the stage where Condorcet actually plays out on day one)
Have you known MoS to be helpful at the beginning of the game?
PookytheMagicalBear wrote:Are you trying to get into his good graces with a generic contentless message like

"yay thesp"?

There's probably lots more of this fluffy stuff lying around that I haven't attacked people on, but this really jumped out at me when I was reading the last post.
Stop trying to discourage people from complimenting me. >:-|

=P
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Skruffs, it is not I who is focusing on my random vote. It is the many other players who think there is something to be garnered from analyzing it and choose to waste our time by distracting the town from actually chasing scum.
Why did you do it in the first place? Did you think it would be helpful?

Also, /in before mith fixes LmL's tags. ;)

Happy with my vote. I have moved from "not wanting a Skruffs lynch" to "not caring overly much if Skruffs is lynched, though I think there are better choices out there".
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:56 am

Post by Mgm »

Scruffs decides that, since Thesp is a good player, we should "Yay Thesp!" because he "has a lot to bring?"

What would happen if Thesp was scum, Scruffs?
Is there any immediate reason to assume Thesp is scum, because if there isn't I don't see the problem here.
Show
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:48 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Mgm wrote:

Is there any immediate reason to assume Thesp is scum, because if there isn't I don't see the problem here.
You don't see a problem with inherently singing someone's praises just because who they are?

Everyone in this game has the same chances of being scum. To say "Yay Thesp! You have a lot to bring to the table here!" basically means, to me, that Scruffs is giving some sort of power to thesp... The feeling of Gospel.

It rubs me the wrong way. MGM, I'm kinda suprised it doesn't make you uneasy.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Mgm »

I don't see much of a problem in praising someone. If they are really scummy, that praise really isn't gonna make a whole lot of a difference.
Show
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:55 am

Post by foolinc »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
Mgm wrote:

You don't see a problem with inherently singing someone's praises just because who they are?

Everyone in this game has the same chances of being scum. To say "Yay Thesp! You have a lot to bring to the table here!" basically means, to me, that Scruffs is giving some sort of power to thesp... The feeling of Gospel.

It rubs me the wrong way. MGM, I'm kinda suprised it doesn't make you uneasy.
While I tend to agree with you in principle, at this point it isn't that big of a problem (if it is at all). We have enough people in the game right now that it doesn't matter. If we had less people, I'd be more concerned.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:15 am

Post by jeep »

See V/LA. My sister is in the hospital, I may not be posting for a little while. In 2-3 hours I'll either be on my way to CO or back here to post more.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by Zindaras »

I hope your sister gets well soon, jeep.

Lee, please elaborate on the changes in your Condorcet lists:

You go from this:

Vote: MoS, Adele, Zinadras, Scruffs, [Jeep, MGM, Xyzzy]

To this:

Unvote, Vote: Scruffs, MoS, Zindaras, MGM, PWS, Xyzzy

Without any real explanation, with no posts in between.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by VitaminR »

foolinc wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:It rubs me the wrong way. MGM, I'm kinda suprised it doesn't make you uneasy.
While I tend to agree with you in principle, at this point it isn't that big of a problem (if it is at all). We have enough people in the game right now that it doesn't matter. If we had less people, I'd be more concerned.
I agree. On top of that, we don't have any real evidence that Skruffs has actively overlooked Thesp. If Thesp had posted something suspicious or ambiguously suspicious, it would be more important. I've greeted plenty of people with that kind of enthusiasm.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Stop trying to discourage people from complimenting me.
Stop trying to encourage people to use appeal to authority.
I don't see much of a problem in praising someone. If they are really scummy, that praise really isn't gonna make a whole lot of a difference.
Very, very, very
[...]
very, very wrong. Good reviews stick with people; if I think someone's scum then 20 people say he
must be
town, then I'm going to agree with them because I'm inclined to believe townies and among that many people most will be townies (unless it's that 200 player game?).
Lee, please elaborate on the changes in your Condorcet lists:

You go from this:

Vote: MoS, Adele, Zinadras, Scruffs, [Jeep, MGM, Xyzzy]

To this:

Unvote, Vote: Scruffs, MoS, Zindaras, MGM, PWS, Xyzzy

Without any real explanation, with no posts in between.
If he changed it in immediately the next post, then it would be scummy, but without agreement on opinions, then there'll never be a lynch, unless by some amazing coincidence a majority of players agree at the very beginning.
I agree. On top of that, we don't have any real evidence that Skruffs has actively overlooked Thesp. If Thesp had posted something suspicious or ambiguously suspicious, it would be more important. I've greeted plenty of people with that kind of enthusiasm.
"And if
I've
done it, it must not be scummy!"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

@Thesp, I know he's usually not helpful, but he's also usually doesn't put in effort as well. It's the effort that I'm attacking him for.

@VitR, this isn't Thesp showing up for a game and Skruffs greeting him with "yay thesp!" this is Skruffs saying what he thinks everyone's contributions to the game so far have been and how he feels about them and who he thinks is scum and in hte middle of the list, under the name "Thesp" he's written "Yay Thesp!" which isn't exactly much of an analysis.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

The only one I been getting any odd vibes from are LML. A lot of his attacks on Skruffs seem rather misguided and gives the impression that he's looking for a scapegoat to get an "easy" day one lynch. The only reason I'm defending Skruffs is I find it rather misguided and a waste of effort to pursue him at this moment.
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Post by jeep »

Thesp wrote:
jeep wrote:Anyone who DISCOURAGES the use of a list is scummy.
Can a person express that they themselves don't want to use a list without discouraging the use of a list?
I'm certain that it's possible. Something like:
"Only XYZ seems to stand out, so I don't want to make a list beyond that yet. It's certainly a good idea to take advantage of the list and before the deadline, I'll have my list ready.

Vote: XYZ"

I'm still not certain if I'll be around much in the near future. I'll know more tomorrow.

-JEEP

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”