Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:15 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

gorckat wrote:
kilmenator wrote:
Off the Mark wrote:I've never been clear on the whole "benefits of a massclaim" idea... this is only my 4th game. Can someone break it down for me?

Won't mafia simply all claim townie? How does that help us?
Sometimes the roles have something in common or some sort of flavor, or something that will help us know the claim is true, and usually scum, well not usually, but sometimes, scum will claim power role and take a chance, and then there could be a counter,
with three deaths last night, we know we have killing scum, prolly vig, and prolly a sk.
So it will narrow it down quite a bit.
Is it just me, or does anyone else see something wrong with the bold?
Not really, no. Kilm was showing uncertainty in a role which she hadn't yet claimed. as OTM says, there's nothing wrong with a vig saying "there might not be a vig".

Now, had she already claimed, then yes, your point would be valid, and Kilm would be in a lot of trouble. As it stands... not so much.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:17 am

Post by gorckat »

Oops- you're right. I thought that was after her claim and it jumped out at me. Didn't think to actually read her posts alone to make sure :/
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by pete d »

Limited Access for the next week and a half due to exams
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

SSF, have you read my last post?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:36 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Seconding that question, and fast running out of patience.

Why are we not lynching this guy?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:23 am

Post by gorckat »

vote:somestrangeflea

Agreed. flea is still the scummier than OTM.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 am

PJ wrote:SSF, just set aside a single freaking real-life day for this one game. It is not that difficult to read through this game - it takes two to three hours to read it in detail, and you've been in the game for about 18 real-life days now - bordering on three weeks.
Done, a number of weeks ago.

Don't like your patronizing attitude much.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Dasquian wrote:Why are we not lynching this guy?
Because I doubt he is scum. I can't believe everyone else is not seeing the lockstep agreement at this point between gorck, Pete, and Dasq. It's almost too obvious.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:18 am

Post by gorckat »

Agreement =/= Scum
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:38 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

somestrangeflea wrote:
PJ wrote:SSF, just set aside a single freaking real-life day for this one game. It is not that difficult to read through this game - it takes two to three hours to read it in detail, and you've been in the game for about 18 real-life days now - bordering on three weeks.
Done, a number of weeks ago.

Don't like your patronizing attitude much.
And I don't like your lack of contributions much. From the looks of your posts, it certainly does not appear as if you have actually read the game - especially since you just recently "forgot" about the whole 3-nightkillers thing, which is probably the most crucial aspect of the entire game, and is the one thing everybody
should
remember. Your posts have been mostly responding to the latest things in the thread, without really recognizing that there was an entire Day One to go off of.

Pretty much your only comment about Day One was along the lines of "Wow, SS's really screwed me over". I'm not sure how I'm supposed to believe you've read the thread
a couple weeks ago
when that's your only commentary. Furthermore, the fact that your response to allegations against SSF is "well, I can't defend what SSF did" is scummier than townie - townspeople are much more likely to actually defend their predecessor on what points that they can, whereas scum are much more likely to try to ask for people to judge them from a clean slate.

We are missing some people, and I don't think we can move forward very effectively with them being gone from the thread.
Mod
, can we get prods on kilmenator and Pie_is_good?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Pretty much your only comment about Day One was along the lines of "Wow, SS's really screwed me over". I'm not sure how I'm supposed to believe you've read the thread a couple weeks ago when that's your only commentary. Furthermore, the fact that your response to allegations against SSF is "well, I can't defend what SSF did" is scummier than townie - townspeople are much more likely to actually defend their predecessor on what points that they can, whereas scum are much more likely to try to ask for people to judge them from a clean slate.
This is actually a pretty good point.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:51 am

Post by Dasquian »

Added to this, ssf is in a position where a townie *should* be panicking about the fact he's on the chopping block and we're in potential LyLo. He's either not understood the situation, is too apathetic to get to a point where he might understand, or doesn't have the same threat of LyLo and so is more relaxed about it all.

OTM - gorckat succinctly made the point I was too wordy to get across. We agree about some things. He might be scum, but he's not scum with me. No doubt he reserves the same level of skepticism about me, but you've got to remember that the game isn't just about stating who you find suspicious and disagree with, it's also about stating who you find townie and agree with. These are both useful forms of expression that help the town.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:18 am

PJ wrote:Pretty much your only comment about Day One was along the lines of "Wow, SS's really screwed me over". I'm not sure how I'm supposed to believe you've read the thread a couple weeks ago when that's your only commentary.
Anyone who interested me during Day 1 is dead now, so I wasted no time commenting on it. TBH, you've all been quite unoutstanding Day 1, which, ironically makes you all quite good townies. Well done, BTW, you've all made my life hell. ;)
PJ wrote:Furthermore, the fact that your response to allegations against SSF is "well, I can't defend what SSF did" is scummier than townie - townspeople are much more likely to actually defend their predecessor on what points that they can, whereas scum are much more likely to try to ask for people to judge them from a clean slate.
False dilemma FTW.
I neither tried to defend what SS did, nor asked to be judged on a clean slate. I know full well that I'll be judged on what SS did, and I've not tried to hide that fact.
Dasq wrote:Added to this, ssf is in a position where a townie *should* be panicking about the fact he's on the chopping block and we're in potential LyLo. He's either not understood the situation, is too apathetic to get to a point where he might understand, or doesn't have the same threat of LyLo and so is more relaxed about it all.
Apathetic FTW.
TBH, I've been playing this game rather
a
pathetically...
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Off the Mark »

somestrangeflea wrote:Anyone who interested me during Day 1 is dead now, so I wasted no time commenting on it. TBH, you've all been quite unoutstanding Day 1, which, ironically makes you all quite good townies. Well done, BTW, you've all made my life hell. ;)
Getting more town vibes from ssf. I don't think a scum would be intentionally vague like this.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:28 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

*posting in-between classes*

I'm going to make a general commentary, and for an example, I will specifically use OTM. OTM has claimed that he thinks I am town, that he is town, and now that he is getting town vibes from SSF. Since Kilmenator is necessarily town, then it follows that OTM would think the following:

{gorkcat, Dasquian, Pie, pete d} are
all
scum, unless he believes we're dealing with 3 total scum instead of 4 total scum. Basically, everybody is going to assume that themself and Kilmenator are scum, which allows at most 2-3 other people to be town, and the rest to necessarily be scum. If you don't think your left-over grouping is accurate, then you need to rethink who you think is town. I myself am only semi-"comfortable" with a couple people by this point, but in the sense that although I don't think they are the correct people to lynch
today
, they may be correct to lynch
tomorrow
. I think SSF and gorkcat are two players in particular who continually end up in my "leftovers" feeling, and neither of them have really done anything to make me think otherwise. I'm mostly holding off my vote because I do not want to risk the chance for a mafia group of 3 to quicklynch a SK, which would pretty much auto-lose this game for the town.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:30 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

PJ wrote:Basically, everybody is going to assume that themself and Kilmenator are
town
, which allows at most 2-3 other people to be town, and the rest to necessarily be scum.
Fixed.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Off the Mark »

PJ - when I say someone is giving me town vibes, it's really more non-mafia vibes. SSF or you could easily be the SK, but I don't think you're mafia. It's easier to give off a town vibe when you're the SK, since you aren't linked to anyone else and can play dumb convincingly.

It's also very possible that I am wrong and Pie is scum instead of Dasq or maybe Gorck and Pete are clean, who knows. (That would mean I am a lunatic who should be ignored, but hey I've been wrong before) But right now I feel most comfortable with the Pete and Gorck scumbuddy theory.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

"The bandwagon could be growing because it's a legit bandwagon" is not even
close
to a refutation.
Yes, it's a possibility.
But, for one thing, I don't think the case against SSF is as bulletproof as the 1-sidedness of the wagon makes it out to be. Also, even if the speed of the bandwagon winds up meaning nothing, vote patterns are very much worth looking at. I'm finding myself agreeing with OTM on most of these points.

Also...
gorckat wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else see something wrong with the bold?
...sits poorly with me. It's like he's asking someone else to make his case for him. I also don't like Gorc's dual-bandwagon citizenship. It's like he'll take any lynch he can get.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Dasquian »

Current thoughts:

kilm is still as townie as she was a few weeks ago, but she should be posting. :(

ssf, as I've recently said, replaced scummy ss (sorry pie, but ss
was
in my eyes at least easily the scummiest and lurkiest player in the game). Since then he has been on mafiascum a
lot
, has been posting in other forums, but somehow still hasn't made any time for this game. I know I sound patronising, but this just isn't good enough. It's certainly not good enough to make me think he should be any
less
suspicious than he was when he replaced ss.

pete d is being quiet, or at least giving me that impression. Would like to hear more.

PJ gives me town vibes. So does gorckat.

I continue to disagree with almost everything pie says without getting particularly scummy vibes from him. That said, the previous post seemed "off" to me, and makes me consider the possibility of an ssf/OTM/pie mafia.

OTM I just cannot agree with. It seems that he's become fixated on a gorckat/pete d pairing beyond any shred of doubt. I don't see how he can be that sure, I don't really buy it anyway, and he's lost support from me because he's popped me into that grouping when I started disagreeing vocally. I appreciate the irony of now finding him suspicious because of this :) Overall the behaviour "feels" much more like a townie who is convinced he "got it spot on" than scum. Working from the premise "I'm right" is an easy thing to do, and if he has been everything he's done has been rational.

So summary: right now, I think ssf is still the best lynch. If he turns up scum, I would be inclined to suspect pie from the last post alone and find gorckat more innocent for the same reason (as the presented alternative). If he turns up innocent, I'd be a bit more flummoxed (and would get a bit hot under the collar, to boot). Assuming myself, kilmenator and gorckat all to be town (or at least, non-mafia), and OTM and PJ to be most likely townies from the rest of the group, my suspected mafia is by logical conclusion ssf, pete d and pie. I'm happy with that.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by gorckat »

pie wrote:It's like he's asking someone else to make his case for him.
Not at all. As I read it, it looked like kilm saying she wasn't a vig. That seemed really weird since no one else had called her on it, and as was pointed out, the timing of that was before her claim.
das wrote:Assuming myself, kilmenator and gorckat all to be town (or at least, non-mafia), and OTM and PJ to be most likely townies from the rest of the group, my suspected mafia is by logical conclusion ssf, pete d and pie. I'm happy with that.
Given how quiet they've been, it makes sense. Without people putting themselves on the line pushing a mislynch, there's no oppotunity to catch them.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Off the Mark »

So Das, you're saying you'd support a Pete D lynch? Because I could get on board with that.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:15 am

Post by Dasquian »

Not today - it would be a very reluctant second choice, rather than an "I'm happy with any of these three" thing, and I would be uncomfortable agreeing to his lynch when I find ssf a better choice in almost every respect.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Didn't think so. Can we move on with this game please? Anyone who's not voting, please vote or at least ask a question / make a comment that will lead you to a vote. The pace of this game is ridiculous. If it doesn't pick up, I'm about ready to ask for replacement because this is getting incredibly boring.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Seconded. I'm not about to get myself replaced but some movement would be good. Honestly I think at this point we should just lynch ssf and move on. He is clearly not interested in addressing his own bandwagon and that
must
be punishable by death.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Dasquian wrote:He is clearly not interested in addressing his own bandwagon and that
must
be punishable by death.
Huh? He's been posting as much as the average poster in this slooow game. He defended himself just last Friday before the holiday weekend. Your post is ridiculous.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”