Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:24 pm

Post by Glork »

HackerHuck wrote:Glork, I wasn't referring to the fact that you recommended the docs
not
announce their intentions. I simply don't see what benefit there is to the town if you are pointing out tonight's "likely outcomes." I don't disagree with your logic, I just think it's scummy to point those things out. I also think your response to my post is scummy. You managed to redefine my attack as something else and then reiterate how accurate your logic was.
If you think that pointing out likely outcomes is scummy, why didn't you simply state it as such? You said that I was trying to direct the Doctor(s), which is such a complete mischaracterization of my intention that now you've backpedaled away from it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:53 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

I thought Guardian was only 19...

Zomg imarrestu
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:22 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

We should disregard any post like the last two guardian just made. It's just shit-fishing.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
ManaSpryte
ManaSpryte
Townie
ManaSpryte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:09 am

Post by ManaSpryte »

I just dont get the whole drunk posting bit. I know when i'm hammered, I take the night off from mafia and make dirty calls to my friends sisters ;)
Jack wrote:
kinetic wrote: I won't personally push for Guardian's vote, but I will vote for him if that seems to be the way this day goes.
?

Why the hell would he pretend to be drunk and why would it be a scum tell and why do you think he's pretending and what do you think he's lying about right in the drunk posts and does anyone else get the impression that kinetic planned his most recent post when he posted 2071?
Jack, I was thinking the same thing. I thought it all looked very planned out.
Show
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

W.B. Yeats
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Guardian »

>.>
<.<

I left my laptop on on my bed and mafiascum was open. Just disregard those posts. I live in my fraternity house and last night was a Thursday night. ie, part of the weekend. I really don't like how Kinetic is trying to twist that into being a scum-tell.

And of course I wasn't drunk, that would be illegal.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
ManaSpryte
ManaSpryte
Townie
ManaSpryte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:45 am

Post by ManaSpryte »

Does anyone think that Kinetic and Guardian be the final two scum? It seems like Kinetic defends Guardian all too much..
Show

W.B. Yeats
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:Why would it be a horrible and terrible move? People assume this, but I thought about it a great deal, and since it makes no sense for a doctor to counter claim with there being a potentiality of two doctors, and other than outing another doctor, I don't see the downsides of the play.
Well, first of all, your claim DID out another doctor.

Second of all, there's any number of situations where you would later have been proved to be lying. What if a claimed cop dies while you're alive? That would make it pretty obveous you weren't a doctor.

And third of all, what if there were two other doctors? Say, if one had died night 2, then the other one would know you were lying and would probably claim to prove you were lying.

"So I wouldn't get lynched" is a terrible reason for a townie to claim doctor.
It prevented a pro-town player from getting lynched.
It delayed you being lynched. It hardly "prevented" you being lynched; in fact, i would say that the lie made your lynch inevitable.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:55 am

Post by Jack »

Guardian wrote:>.>
<.<

I left my laptop on on my bed and mafiascum was open. Just disregard those posts. I live in my fraternity house and last night was a Thursday night. ie, part of the weekend. I really don't like how Kinetic is trying to twist that into being a scum-tell.

And of course I wasn't drunk, that would be illegal.
ok, WTF

2nd paragraph may have been facetious, but the first part where he's claiming that one of his frat brothers made the posts? There's no way his frat brother would talk about bm lurking.

big fos:guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:57 am

Post by Guardian »

Jack -- I made the posts -- I usually wouldn't post drunk, but it occurred to me that it would be funny to do so since I left my laptop on my bed and mscum was open. I in no way meant to imply that someone else made the post.

ManaSpryte wrote:Does anyone think that Kinetic and Guardian be the final two scum? It seems like Kinetic defends Guardian all too much..
Hm. I don't understand where you are getting that from -- firstly, I don't see how it makes sense for me to hammer Sarcastro, or to un-fake claim.

Secondly, Kinetic just placed me and lynch -2 for imo really bad reasons. With only two scum left, do you think one scum would do that to another?

Also MS, why do you think that I, as an SK, would un-claim. I want to hear your reasoning for this.

MS, Yos2, Shteven, TCS, Kinetic = my wagon.

MS, I want to hear from, why do you think I un-claimed?

Yos2, I don't think your vote is very justified either -- you seemingly voted for LAL reasons.

Shteven, your case seemingly was built on me being not a doctor. You were correct. However, not a doctor is not logically equivalent to being scum. As I explained to your case, the only somewhat logical point you have for me being scum is me being an SK, me being part of the mafia makes little sense at this point. Even then, how do you rationalize my claiming, then unclaiming, and NKing MoS and AE -- both of them were very opposed to lynching me, as an SK you most definitely want to keep your buddies around.

Shteven, I think you are voting me out of OMGUS and frustration at me lying. Think about this logically -- I am not scum.

TCS hasn't really explained anything all game, I am definitely an easy target at this point and his vote is pure wagonry. What happened to Billy?

And lastly Kinetic -- are you serious? I mean, really, are you serious? Your reason for vote switching was absolutely horrible.
Do not lynch me.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:58 am

Post by Jack »

ManaSpryte wrote:Does anyone think that Kinetic and Guardian be the final two scum? It seems like Kinetic defends Guardian all too much..
He put him at lynch -2 last page???

I'd bet at least scum is among hh-kinetic-guardian. Quite possibly 2.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:01 am

Post by Jack »

Guardian wrote:Jack -- I made the posts -- I usually wouldn't post drunk, but it occurred to me that it would be funny to do so since I left my laptop on my bed and mscum was open. I in no way meant to imply that someone else made the post.

You said "I left my laptop on my bed and mafiascum was open". What else is that supposed to mean?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Jack wrote:
Guardian wrote:Jack -- I made the posts -- I usually wouldn't post drunk, but it occurred to me that it would be funny to do so since I left my laptop on my bed and mscum was open. I in no way meant to imply that someone else made the post.

You said "I left my laptop on my bed and mafiascum was open". What else is that supposed to mean?
A few people questioned that I would actually post inebriated -- I was explaining why it occurred to me to post -- because as I was going to bed I had to move my laptop, and I saw mafia scum.

Make sense?
Do not lynch me.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:16 am

Post by Jack »

That makes more sense. I went back and reread and saw manasprytes bit about him never posting while drunk. I though your post was in response to kinetic.

I'll
unfos:guardian
and while I'm at it I'll
unfos:yos2
. While I was convinced guardian was lying about above scenario I thought a bit. There are two possibilities. One, he's teamscum with yb. Personally I don't buy this as I think it would have been smarter to hammer yb. Two, he's sk. Townie claim wouldn't have stopped the lynch, cop claim has a possible counterclaim, with a doc claim he's safe until another doc turns up dead/claims. He can even hope for protection from a living doc, or hope the mafia will not kill him for wifom reasons. I don't know if this scenario is that likely but I can understand someone suspecting him. Personally, I think it more likely he would have stuck with the doc claim and hoped on the 50% chance that there wasn't another doc rather than reveal his lie before getting counterclaimed by another doc.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Kinetic »

I've drunk dialed. I've woken up with someone and not remembered where I met them. But I've never been drunk, went on the computer, navigated all those menus, found a particular game I was in, posted semi-relevant information, all while drunk.

You didn't do this once either, right before he was nearly lynched on day 2 (posts 1477, 1481), you all of a sudden acted quite drunk, and declared yourself town in his drunken stupor. And there were three hours between the posts. Once is a coincidence, twice is a pattern. You've never posted drunk in any of your other games I've been in with you, and you were under pressure in them too. I specifically asked you that question "while you were drunk" because I wanted to see if you stayed with the consistency of your argument. If you would have responded with "I don't know" or even "I can't talk about other games at all" I might have had to think more before voting you. But they way responded convinced me it was all a ploy. And REALLY, a frat part on a Thursday night? Please.

In addition I find the fact that you were building up your doc claim WELL before you made it, with your "I have a power role" speech to all your breadcrumbing. The more I look at it the more I'm convinced that this was a deliberate strategy set forth from the beginning of the game and I can only suspect you've done it because you wanted to hide, but if you got caught you could claim one of the two doctors and ask the other one to protect you at night.

That's why I voted you, and that's why it stays there. I wasn't sure about if you were the SK before, and honestly I was willing to let that doubt keep me from voting you, but I can't justify that anymore. Everything you've done seems too calculated for my liking, even your 'mistakes'.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Kinetic »

Jack wrote:That makes more sense. I went back and reread and saw manasprytes bit about him never posting while drunk. I though your post was in response to kinetic.

I'll
unfos:guardian
and while I'm at it I'll
unfos:yos2
. While I was convinced guardian was lying about above scenario I thought a bit. There are two possibilities. One, he's teamscum with yb. Personally I don't buy this as I think it would have been smarter to hammer yb. Two, he's sk. Townie claim wouldn't have stopped the lynch, cop claim has a possible counterclaim, with a doc claim he's safe until another doc turns up dead/claims. He can even hope for protection from a living doc, or hope the mafia will not kill him for wifom reasons. I don't know if this scenario is that likely but I can understand someone suspecting him. Personally, I think it more likely he would have stuck with the doc claim and hoped on the 50% chance that there wasn't another doc rather than reveal his lie before getting counterclaimed by another doc.
Actually Jack, I think the reason he came out was because he is convinced that the Mafia targeted him last night and that a Doc protected him and that is why he isn't dead. Since mana came out and said he DIDN'T do that, Guardian prob. felt that there is a much better chance of there being a second doc out there than of there not being one.

At least, that is the way I read the situation.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Guardian »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Guardian wrote:Why would it be a horrible and terrible move? People assume this, but I thought about it a great deal, and since it makes no sense for a doctor to counter claim with there being a potentiality of two doctors, and other than outing another doctor, I don't see the downsides of the play.
Well, first of all, your claim DID out another doctor.
It really should not have.
Second of all, there's any number of situations where you would later have been proved to be lying. What if a claimed cop dies while you're alive? That would make it pretty obveous you weren't a doctor.
None of those situations were in existence. Firstly, a cop had died, so there the odds were only 50% of there being a cop, and he had certainly not claimed yet. I fail to see any other "proofs".
And third of all, what if there were two other doctors? Say, if one had died night 2, then the other one would know you were lying and would probably claim to prove you were lying.
If one had died then, I'd have immediately claimed that I was lying -- just as I claimed I was lying as soon as MS claimed...
"So I wouldn't get lynched" is a terrible reason for a townie to claim doctor.
/disagree.
It prevented a pro-town player from getting lynched.
It delayed you being lynched. It hardly "prevented" you being lynched; in fact, i would say that the lie made your lynch inevitable.
/disagree. I see no reason why my lynch should be inevitable. It makes very little sense for me to be teamscum, and only a bit of sense for me to be SK.

My lynch is in no way "inevitable".
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Guardian »

Kinetic wrote:I've drunk dialed. I've woken up with someone and not remembered where I met them. But I've never been drunk, went on the computer, navigated all those menus, found a particular game I was in, posted semi-relevant information, all while drunk.
You should try it, its funny.
You didn't do this once either, right before he was nearly lynched on day 2 (posts 1477, 1481), you all of a sudden acted quite drunk, and declared yourself town in his drunken stupor. And there were three hours between the posts. Once is a coincidence, twice is a pattern. You've never posted drunk in any of your other games I've been in with you, and you were under pressure in them too. I specifically asked you that question "while you were drunk" because I wanted to see if you stayed with the consistency of your argument. If you would have responded with "I don't know" or even "I can't talk about other games at all" I might have had to think more before voting you. But they way responded convinced me it was all a ploy. And REALLY, a frat part on a Thursday night? Please.
lol
In addition I find the fact that you were building up your doc claim WELL before you made it, with your "I have a power role" speech to all your breadcrumbing. The more I look at it the more I'm convinced that this was a deliberate strategy set forth from the beginning of the game and I can only suspect you've done it because you wanted to hide, but if you got caught you could claim one of the two doctors and ask the other one to protect you at night.
Yeah, people are probably going to nail me for this. I breadcrumbed doc as town, for the exact scenario that came up, and then I claimed doc. You probably aren't going to believe this. Oh well.
That's why I voted you, and that's why it stays there. I wasn't sure about if you were the SK before, and honestly I was willing to let that doubt keep me from voting you, but I can't justify that anymore. Everything you've done seems too calculated for my liking, even your 'mistakes'.
So as town I should play randomly??

I thought doc claiming was a very legitimate and powerfully pro-town strategy. I enacted it.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:28 am

Post by Guardian »

Kinetic wrote:Actually Jack, I think the reason he came out was because he is convinced that the Mafia targeted him last night and that a Doc protected him and that is why he isn't dead. Since mana came out and said he DIDN'T do that, Guardian prob. felt that there is a much better chance of there being a second doc out there than of there not being one.
lol. I came out so IF there was a second doc he wouldn't claim. Explain how that is anti-town, why don't you?

Glork seems like a very reasonable scum NK choice, I no longer am "assuming" that I was NK targeted.

I find it ludicrous how most everyone is like: "Guardian's almost definitely not team scum. But he lied. So let's lynch him."

The SK NK choice make no sense for me (both DEFENDED me), my claimingness makes very little sense, and LAL is a stupid meta policy.
Do not lynch me.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Jack »

I think we'll need a better explanation for the breadcrumbing guardian. When did you decide to breadcrum? And why did you breadcrumb COP?
guardian post 103 wrote:@BM -- is that a cop claim? Because then you are definitely lying scum.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Guardian »

Jack wrote:I think we'll need a better explanation for the breadcrumbing guardian. When did you decide to breadcrum? And why did you breadcrumb COP?
guardian post 103 wrote:@BM -- is that a cop claim? Because then you are definitely lying scum.
More later, then. I didn't breadcrum cop. BM highly hinted he was cop with a guilty on me -- in that case he would be lying scum.
Do not lynch me.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Kinetic »

Guardian wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Actually Jack, I think the reason he came out was because he is convinced that the Mafia targeted him last night and that a Doc protected him and that is why he isn't dead. Since mana came out and said he DIDN'T do that, Guardian prob. felt that there is a much better chance of there being a second doc out there than of there not being one.
lol. I came out so IF there was a second doc he wouldn't claim. Explain how that is anti-town, why don't you?

Glork seems like a very reasonable scum NK choice, I no longer am "assuming" that I was NK targeted.

I find it ludicrous how most everyone is like: "Guardian's almost definitely not team scum. But he lied. So let's lynch him."

The SK NK choice make no sense for me (both DEFENDED me), my claimingness makes very little sense, and LAL is a stupid meta policy.
Not anti-town, per say, but it is survivor mentality. You knew if you didn't come out first and the other doc DID counter-claim, you would be toast. No one would believe you were vanilla town then. So you did damage control.

And, actually, the fact the SK keeps killing people who defended you is a reoccurring theme that I wasn't going to bring up originally. But since you so nicely brought it to the attention of everyone else... That was the first thing that had me suspecting you of being the SK. I think you killed MOS with the intention of pointing to him day 2 saying: MoS is town and he defended me. When he came up scum, I think it blew up in your face.

This doesn't seem very likely... but with all the coincidences lining up...
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:47 am

Post by Jack »

Guardian wrote:
Jack wrote:I think we'll need a better explanation for the breadcrumbing guardian. When did you decide to breadcrum? And why did you breadcrumb COP?
More later, then. I didn't breadcrum cop. BM highly hinted he was cop with a guilty on me -- in that case he would be lying scum.
Right. You lose context when you use the sort function.

You could easily have nightkilled those defending you to make yourself look better.

@kinetic: mind pointing me to the places guardian breadcrumbed? I did a quick scan but don't have time for a full read.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Kinetic »

Jack wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Right. You lose context when you use the sort function.

You could easily have nightkilled those defending you to make yourself look better.

@kinetic: mind pointing me to the places guardian breadcrumbed? I did a quick scan but don't have time for a full read.
I honestly didn't notice his breadcrumbing until he pointed them out himself right after his doc claim. Post 1527 he announced himself as doc, and then said he left "plenty" of breadcrumbs for this. Post 1535 he then pointed out a couple of them. Everything in between them is him squirming at Lynch -1.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Jack »

For reference:
Guardian wrote:WTF inHim? What if I were to claim a power role.... Like I'm going to....

I repeat that inHim is extremely suspect for not giving me space to claim, and BM is suspect for not wanting to give me space to claim.

Well this is just great.....

I am a doctor. Glork n0, BillyTwilight n1.

I left plenty of breadcrumbs for this, if that will convince you.

Please unvote now before scum quick hammer...

Gah!
Guardian wrote:I made it very obvious I was doc with "
d
istrict
o
f
c
olumbia" "santiago
d
e
o
c
ompestella" and countless other things.

I said early day one that I surely would have targeted Glork n0 if I was SK -- I did target him, but not as SK. I said at the beginning of day 2 "I, like BillyTwilight" I protected him n1.

Also, I was sure I wouldn't be mislynched yesterday because I'm a doc, I had a few "confident" like posts, and that was why :|. Then again, I was sure I wouldn't be mislynched today, too, and here I am at -1 with two... players pushing for a hammer.
I'm thinking Guardian is scum.
ManaSpryte
ManaSpryte
Townie
ManaSpryte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:13 am

Post by ManaSpryte »

Jack wrote:For reference:
Guardian wrote:WTF inHim? What if I were to claim a power role.... Like I'm going to....

I repeat that inHim is extremely suspect for not giving me space to claim, and BM is suspect for not wanting to give me space to claim.

Well this is just great.....

I am a doctor. Glork n0, BillyTwilight n1.

I left plenty of breadcrumbs for this, if that will convince you.

Please unvote now before scum quick hammer...

Gah!
Guardian wrote:I made it very obvious I was doc with "
d
istrict
o
f
c
olumbia" "santiago
d
e
o
c
ompestella" and countless other things.

I said early day one that I surely would have targeted Glork n0 if I was SK -- I did target him, but not as SK. I said at the beginning of day 2 "I, like BillyTwilight" I protected him n1.

Also, I was sure I wouldn't be mislynched yesterday because I'm a doc, I had a few "confident" like posts, and that was why :|. Then again, I was sure I wouldn't be mislynched today, too, and here I am at -1 with two... players pushing for a hammer.
I'm thinking Guardian is scum.
This makes me feel like we need to lynch him.. To many little things add up
Show

W.B. Yeats

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”