California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

Skruffs: 4 (Cogito Ergo Sum, LoudmouthLee, Oman, VitaminR)
LoudmouthLee: 3 (Adele, Skruffs, Zindaras)
jeep: 2 (Dragon Phoenix, Mgm)
PlaysWithSquirrels: 2 (Talitha, xyzzy)
Dragon Phoenix: 1 (PlaysWithSquirrels)
logicticus: 1 (Mastermind of Sin)
Mgm: 1 (jeep)
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:32 am

Post by VitaminR »

I don't much like the jeep vote here. It kinda feels like DP pushed the disagreement between jeep and him to the point where he could accuse jeep of something. It is essentially a strategy disagreement. The accusation of "backpeddling" seems an attempt to turn that into more than it really is.

Vote: Dragon Phoenix
, Skruffs
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:34 am

Post by VitaminR »

EBWODP:

Vote: Dragon Phoenix
, Skruffs, MGM
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

FoS: VitaminR

I absolutely disagree. Dragon Phoenix was digging in places where townies should be digging. Ultimately I think jeep has clarified his position okay, but there was definitely something there. It would have been wrong to have let it slide or to pretend it wasn't something.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by VitaminR »

*shrug*

I didn't buy it.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Mgm »

So you're saying he wasn't backpeddeling?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I must agree; what Dragon Phoenix did isn't scummy.

I find it more and more interesting every time people attack Dragon Phoenix; he hasn't done anything scummy yet; in fact, I'd say he's been one of the most protown players of all!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Mgm wrote:So you're saying he wasn't backpeddeling?
I suppose, on first glance, it just didn't seem that significant to me whether jeep was inconsistent. People are. Also, I tend to find DP scummy.

Re-reading, though, I've somewhat changed my mind.

Vote: Skruffs
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by foolinc »

~Anaylsis up to 156~

Adele: Her views on totally random voting make me think she is probably town.

Cogito Ergo Sum: Hasn’t posted enough to really get a feel.

Cubsfan4ever: Backs Skruffs actions as “Skruffs being Skruffs;” Neutral for now

Dragon Phoenix: First one to post a full analysis and has been looking in the right places; probably town

jeep: Started to be suspicious after the blanket statement about not list voting means your scum (102) and his recent post (141) makes me even more so. Somewhat scummy

logicticus: Has contributed a good amount of information; leaning towards town.

LoudmouthLee: Been very active and akin to his name, loud; seems to be town

Mastermind of Sin: I'm not a fan of dice voting as it serves absolutely no purpose at all; slightly scummy

Mgm: Been a bit defensive about showing up the tail end of list votes, however has been making reasonable contributions as of late; leaning toward town

Oman: Not the strongest speller, but otherwise seems to be working for the town.

PlaysWithSquirrels: Not a lot to go on, but gave a reason for his vote; neutral

PookyTheMagicalBear: No read yet

Skruffs: I didn't like the way he reacted to the bandwagon at all. I thought he lashed out at other too much when he was trying to defending himself. However, some people have stated this is just his personality; Mostly scummy with a change of town.

Talitha: Needs to explain why she voted for who she did before I can make a judgement.

Thesp: Hasn't posted yet
Thestatusquo: Hasn't posted yet

VitaminR: I like how he picked apart Skruffs in post 74, however I think that he might be reaching with the vote of DP. There is also a chance that he was taking advantage of Skruffs' personality. ; Mostly townie with a chance of scum.

xyzzy: Hasn’t posted enough to get a feel

Zindaras: I’m not sure if I totally buy the metagame reasoning for starting the Skruffs wagon before switching to LML. IGMEOY
---

Looks to me like the best choice, as of now, is Skruffs.

Vote: Skruffs
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I've just felt weird about Mgm, so I looked into it...
Under the current circumstances, I have fairly little to go on. Since CES got me in a lot of trouble in another recent (finished) game (Mafia 60), let's pre-empt a repeat of that by doing the following:
Vote:Cogito Ergo Sum
I can't really tell if this is supposed to be random or not; I often feel as scum that I have to justify my random voting, though, but that's just me.
So what makes it okay for you to use it then?
This is a bit of a misrepresentation; random listing isn't the same as using a list because you actually find several people scummy.
Gee, if you want to get your word limit, why not call me extremely passionate, that'd give you an extra word to use that counts towards the total. If you read the rules you'll know votes don't count.
This is pretty protown. Ignorance is a good scum tool - ignornace of the rules, even more so.
Erm, I'm more interested in finding out why I'm even on so many lists to start with even if it's at the end. I don't remember doing anything suspicious that's worth voting me.
I never like these "lol why r u votign me? I not scummys!" posts. His defense is basically, "uh, what?"
I'd be surprised. He literally wrote the book on the subject.
This feels a little like appeal to authority. Basing the odds that jeep is scum on his skill as a player is stupid and pointless.
To make it clear: I don't particularly like using Concordet voting this early in the game when everything is still too hazy, so I'll do things the old fashioned way.
Translation: I on't want to take advantage of the tools I've been given. I don't want other people taking advantage of them, either.
Or the reason is that lists offer the scum too much outs. I'm already seeing people being a lot less strict about justifying their votes for people the further on in the list you get.
It's not strictly a "vote"; it's saying, "Well, I'd prefer this, but I'll go with this if it's what everyone else wants."
Where I'm standing 'random' and 'arbitrary' mean pretty much the same. Though using dice tags (which we can't do here) carry more prove a vote isn't malicious.
This sounds like you're suggesting we can't use votes just bcause they're random first votes. I don't like this....
Neither really. If you just say something is random or arbitrary, you have no proof to back it up. Being truly random with actual dice tags begs the question why someone couldn't come up with a reason. I'd categorrize pseudo dice tags under the list of non-tells like the average claimed arbitrary vote.
They call it random voting because it's... (surprise!) random.Coincidentally, the only people who start with any information are the mafia - are you saying that, by making a non-random vote, you're scum?
If you use a list, you should do the legwork and explain why every single individual is on it and why each of them is in the position they're in. Otherwise, we're still clueless on voting reasons if it comes to a deadline lynch.
I don't like this suggestion that every psuedovote should have a reason; votes are useful NO MATTER WHAT, especially votes that CAN NOT BRING A LYNCH before deadline.

Mgm is acting scummy; all of his posts are a tiny bit scummy, though, so it might just be playstyle. If so, it's a useless one.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by Thesp »

Wow, we've started. With a bang.

I don't like Oman's early vote on Skruffs - it feels off to me.
foolinc wrote:I also think there is some merit in talking about which characters could be apart of this game, if nothing else to be an ice breaker.
I disagree on so many levels, it hurts my head. What's your experience with mafia/werewolf?
VitaminR wrote:For the moment, I am going to go with an Oman vote. I'm not too fond of his Skruffs vote.
Looks like VitaminR beat me to it.
LoudmouthLee wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Oman, iocaine powder doesn't have a smell.

Mod, I assume that the wording for Rule 5 means that no "Bah" posts are allowed?

Please see the Post Content section of the rules regarding asking questions of the Mod.

The wording of rule 5 means that no "Bah" posts are allowed, correct. This is now explicitly stated. - Mod
I find it very interesting that Zindie felt a need for clarification on this point. That question makes me very uneasy. Quite like Zindy is looking for a way to seem more townlike. It's completely a hunch, but it's definately good enough for a D1 initial vote.
Clarification on a "bah" post to look more townie? I really, really don't see it - this feels contrived/opposite of sensical.
LoudmouthLee wrote:MoS's odd diceroll list is odd. I am unsure, at this time, if it is scummy.
MoS insists on making his first votes random and insignificant. ;)
PlaysWithSquirrels wrote:I don't really understand why people are utilizing the cordecet (sp?) voting so quickly. There really isn't a reason to spew a whole list of votes right off the bat.
I'm uncertain as to why you think suspicions must be more masked at this point. (I see jeep has beaten me to this point by virtue of having posted 40+ hours before me.)
LoudmouthLee wrote:Scruffs acted this same exact way to me in a recently completed game. He continually attacked me for absolutely no reason, giving unsound logic and really awful points. Even though the town KNEW all of his points were awful and his logic lacking, I continued, out of a unrequited need, to respond to him. How did it end? Me, getting lynched, as an innocent.

The fact that I'm appearing in so many lists right now is reminicent of that game. It's angering me greatly.
I'm not sure this analogy can hold, and this "anger" feels contrived as well.
PlaysWithSquirrels wrote:If you aren't the first on any list, why do you care so much? You have one vote. In a game this huge that is nothing. You weren't on my radar before, but you sure are now.
Note to self: review later.
(Also, note that I have not used bold tags.) =P
logicticus wrote:Foolinc did a nice information post that didnt really contain any information. Scum seem to do this to look like they are contributing when in reality they are just typing words.
Do you think the manner in which he did it is more likely to come from scum or town?
Adele wrote:(Seriously, MOS, why not just say it's random, rather than that whole easily-fakeable demo??? There is no level on which I get that, and it even seems a slight "honestly, guys, I'm honest!" move, you know?)
What incentive would scum have to fake random rolls or votes?
jeep wrote:I don't understand why any pro-town role would not use a list. The only reason for not using a list is because you are scum and haven't had time to work out with your scum buddies what is the right way to use it to your advantage.
While I agree that everyone
ought
to use such a list, I don't think it follows that all pro-town players
will
use a list, which is what it seems you're implying here.

Looks like I was beaten by page 6, also.
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I still like my Skruffs vote(and not just because he's the top vote-getter).
Why do I not believe you? ;)

I like DP and xyzzy. I don't like LmL or Oman. I like the jeep hate. I find the Skruffs wagon uninteresting.

Vote: LoudmouthLee
, Oman, jeep, logicticus, Cogito Ergo Sum, PlaysWithSquirrels.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by Oman »

Can everyone stop messing with my speeling, it herts my feelengs!
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

(sigh)

@Thesp - I voiced my opinion on Zin's opening post and MoS's opening post. I want to know WHY you find the Scruffs wagon uninteresting. Scruffs and I have a history, as it seems, and it's not a positive one. His logic is appaling, and I take serious umbrage with the fact that you find my anger to be "manufactured."

I have merely pointed out what I have found interesting and scummy thus far. God. I feel like if I would just shut my mouth and let people post scummy type things, I would be much better off.

Let's look at the 4 people who have their votes on me:

Adele - Rationale: Disagrees with my stance on random voting.
Scruffs - Rationale: OMGUS coupled with "misrepresentations that are not misrepresentations".
Zinadras - Radionale: Modified OMGUS (as I found his Bah opening post to be slightly scummy, and it was good as an opening post)

and you, Thesp.

God. I'm frustrated.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by Thesp »

LoudmouthLee wrote:(sigh)

@Thesp - I voiced my opinion on Zin's opening post and MoS's opening post. I want to know WHY you find the Scruffs wagon uninteresting. Scruffs and I have a history, as it seems, and it's not a positive one. His logic is appaling, and I take serious umbrage with the fact that you find my anger to be "manufactured."

I have merely pointed out what I have found interesting and scummy thus far. God. I feel like if I would just shut my mouth and let people post scummy type things, I would be much better off.

Let's look at the 4 people who have their votes on me:

Adele - Rationale: Disagrees with my stance on random voting.
Scruffs - Rationale: OMGUS coupled with "misrepresentations that are not misrepresentations".
Zinadras - Radionale: Modified OMGUS (as I found his Bah opening post to be slightly scummy, and it was good as an opening post)

and you, Thesp.

God. I'm frustrated.
I've seen your manufactured anger before, it resonates with what I'm seeing right now. If you take serious umbrage at someone doubting your veracity in a game where players are actively trying to discern which players are being deceptive, perhaps this game is not for you, or stepping back for a deep breath would be worthwhile.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I've seen your manufactured anger before, it resonates with what I'm seeing right now. If you take serious umbrage at someone doubting your veracity in a game where players are actively trying to discern which players are being deceptive, perhaps this game is not for you, or stepping back for a deep breath would be worthwhile.

Have you looked at C&H? Glork and Thok said the same thing there (manufactured anger), and a lot of it stemmed from Scruffs.

Maybe this is a carryover. Hell if I know.

Unvote.

Let me reread the damn game.

Votes/Unvotes not appearing at the bottom of the post are not counted. Tags removed. - Mod
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by Thesp »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Have you looked at C&H? Glork and Thok said the same thing there (manufactured anger), and a lot of it stemmed from Scruffs.
What is C&H? Do you think your anger here stems from Skruffs? (I'm really not seeing the connection, aside from the fact you were voting for Skruffs.)
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Calvin and Hobbes Mini.

Stoof ran it.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:10 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Okie dokie. So I've got my points of views on most everyone, but I doubt everyone wants to see that all at once. Below is some of the longer thoughts, I'll post the rest in the morning.

LOUDMOUTHLEE -
LoudmouthLee wrote:
Fourth misrepresentation - My voting for MGM after no-lynch is *not* in stone. If you had read the last post, I asked if you wanted me to put MGM in front of no-lynch. I said I Would completely fine with doing that - if you wanted me to. How does that equate to "It's in stone"? You are gerry-mandering, now.
If you're trying to tell me that I can't look at voting patterns to discuss guilt or innocence, then what's the point of playing mafia? it has been discussed that I have not made ANY misrepresentations. So Scruffs, I would appreciate that you back down, and I'm going to explain why.

Scruffs acted this same exact way to me in a recently completed game. He continually attacked me for absolutely no reason, giving unsound logic and really awful points. Even though the town KNEW all of his points were awful and his logic lacking, I continued, out of a unrequited need, to respond to him. How did it end? Me, getting lynched, as an innocent.

The fact that I'm appearing in so many lists right now is reminicent of that game. It's angering me greatly.
A) I never implied you can not look at voting patterns. Feel free to look at voting patterns. But implying that I refuse to vote for MGM directly after I said I would be more than willing to - that is not 'looking at voting patterns'. I am not repressing you. You are saying things that do not have a basis in the game, and I am pointing out those of them I see. You are quick, VERY quick, to imply that there is a connection between me and MGM.

Calvin & Hobbes: I attacked you for the reasons I had on hand. I don't want to get into details, but needless to say, considering how unsound my logic must have been and how horrible my points were, I find it odd that you would attribute the entirety of your mislynch to me. Either my points were not as bad as you would like to paint, or, more likely, my points were ignored and people found other reasons to lynch you. I consider it unfair to draw a direct connection between my suspicion of you and your being lynched. That is just an untrue statement. I am curious if VitaminR and Pooky, who were also both in that game, would agree with you. They were both alive at that point.
I WASN'T. I had been nightkilled the night before you were mislynched.
I may not have played well that game, but I did the best I can - I apologize that it wasn't pleasant for you.

If I remember correctly, everyone basically had a vitriolic character-smack down. PJ, who was part of it, replaced out (replaced by pooky).

Lastly, you can try to paint me and you as having a negative forum-game history together, with out one game, but I've been in three games with Zindaras - one of them being double headed - and he seems to like me. Cubs, who has been in two survivor/bb games and blames me for his loss in both of them, doesn't seem to hold it against me. Oman, Thesp, and Mos have all been in games with me, and, even if they are voting me, it's because they are using in game reasons.

The point is, if you just want to get me out of this game because you don't like my forum game style, state so, and I will replace out. Otherwise, you're being unfair to me, to yourself, to Mr. Grey, and to all the other players. Otherwise, let it go, because it's not going to get you anywhere. Sure, you might get me lynched, but then you'll be under scrutiny the next day, and what will your reasoning be for all of this? "Well, C&H!C&H!!!" It won't cut it.

-----------------------------

ZINDARAS :
Zindaras wrote:
Skruffs wrote:VitR -> Opportunistic. IT is not standard town behavior to not care who gets lynched as long as someone does. In this particular situation, that would also include yourself.
If you do *not* like the idea of a no lynch, then you need to place a list with everyone in front of no lynch, signifying that, because as it stands, if me, Zindaras, or MGM is not lynched, you don't care if someone else gets lynched OR we no lynch.
You want everyone to make Condorcet votes of everyone? Because that's what this implies.
Is that what I said? No. I said that if you are so anti-no lynching as
to be willing to lynch someone for having it as an explicit option
(as compared to unexplicit which is what not having a list implies) then you need to explicitly make a list stating that you are willing to vote everyone else in the game before you would consider non-lynching.
Zindaras wrote:
Skruffs wrote:I gave some players I have not played with before, like jeep, benefit of the doubt, because I didn't want to list EVERYONE in the list.
And why did you give them the benefit of the doubt? Why some specific players and not others?
Zindaras - if you are going to unvote me, please retract your statement that I am a villainous cur that needs to be lynched, or else, it will seem you are trying to get other people to do your dirty work for you. KThx.
Have you not grasped what I've been doing? I daresay it would be quite obvious, when someone says things like "villainous cur", "ignoble villain" and "god-forsaken semblance of a man" and confirm votes someone 20 minutes into the game, it is quite obvious that that person is joking around.
I don't know why I didn't go right out and put every single player in a list. I guess I assumed some of the older players will be focused on by other players, or, by rights of seniority, should be given 'the benefit of the doubt'. Players that have made bad moves in other games - like LoudMouthLee in C&H and Adele in Open 19, I put on the vote list because their playstyle is incomprehensible to me (At least in those instances).
I very much wanted to put Pooky on there, but, I believe I left him out. It was all very much spur of the moment as to who 'went on' and who didn't, but, at the time, I rather assumed that pretty much everyone would be using the Condorcet voting system in one way or another. Since it is a rather unique game mechanic, at least for me, and since it was
my first post of the game
, I kind of just had fun with it.

Post 126 - Acknowledging DP's scorn at him unvoting me. Zindaras's earlier post towards me about how he shouldn't be taken seriously 20 minutes into the game (if that's how he phrased it) is also applicable to DP suggesting Zindaras dropping out was scummy. DP just wants me lynched, is what it comes down to. But this part is about Zindaras.
Pavlov, Ha. I think if people stopped playing games like these in such a routine fashion (banter, random wagon, counter wagon, frantic deadline lynch of power role) the games would evolve in a much more interesting way. Fight your own training, Zindaras.

--------
Dragon Phoenix:
Summary: DP has been getting some slack in this game for being the 7th vote for me. He hops off me with some scum hunting on jeep, gets acknowledgment for it, and then hops back on me. Does that validate the earlier actions? I hope not. Scum can act town for short periods of time, but in the end, they want mislynches.

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Dragon Phoenix - What kind of

information are you looking for from me? Was that an ask to claim?
I am looking for information in general, not from you specifically. Whether you claim or not is your decision, I am not pushing for it (I usually do not claim myself even at lynch -1, unless I have a power role or unless I am scum simulating a power role). There is a ot we can learn on days to come on how bandwagons are formed and pushed forward
or not, and reactions of other players as well as the and wagonee.
If you want 'information', but aren't actually asking for information, I am confused abuot my role in this, except as bandwagonee. You want yoru vote to be on me so that... later on... people can look back and see that you were voting me? I am confused. Are you scum pretending to be distancing from me? If you are looking for reactions, maybe you should try offering theories.
Dragon Phoenix wrote: LoudmouthLee: fittingly, one of the loudest players so far. I don't associate that with scum usually. Probably town.

VitaminR: made a positive contribution to the game in post 74, picking Scrubbs apart. Likely townie.

logicticus: reasonable contribution so far, but his not voting is in my book a small scum tell. Slight suspicion.

Mastermind of Sin: a rather complicated way to do a random vote and fit the posting rule. Then nothing. Smells scummy.

Skruffs: I hopped on the bandwagon the moment I saw it (as you do on day one), but going back through the game I am actually quite happy that he is the front runner. Likely scum.

PlaysWithSquirrels: picks me with at least some reasoning (Apparently my first words are a minor scum tell in his book). Not much to go on yet. Neutral.

Zindaras: don't know what to make of him. Inconsequential posting, attacked Scrubbs vehemently onyl to drop him the moment the wagon gets underway, to switch to LML on gut. Hm. IGMEOY.

Cubsfan4ever: "What the...? Why does Skruffs have four vote?" That's all. At this rate he will not survive long. Gives off a scum smell
if Skruffs turns out to be innocent.
IGMEOY.

Mgm: a lot of short posts, not much substance. Got defensive early on for appearing on Concordet votes. Too experienced to mark that down as a scum tell. Neutral.

Oman: not much to go on. Picks me for puttng on the 7th vote (why the one who votes 7th?). And can't spell. Apart from that, neutral.
Interestingly, when MGM asks why DP feels MORE that I am scum now than when he

first put on the bandwagon vote, he refers to VitaminR's annotation.
"VitaminR: made a positive contribution to the game in post 74, picking Scrubbs apart.

Likely townie."
So.
To put this in perspective, I am likely scum, because VitaminR attacked me. And VitaminR is likely town, because he attacked me. I am assuming Dragon Phoenix decided I was the more likely scum beign attacked by a townie versus the opposite because I already had 6 votes on me, versus VitaminR's... one? zero?
interesting.

Another interseting thing: He puts all his bets on me being scum, BUT, he leaves an out for if I am town: Cubsfan, who had (At that time) made one post asking why I had four votes. So if I did get lynched and turned up town (which he states as "If he turns up town" not "if he gets lynched and turns up town", which suggests that DP has already concluded I *will* be lynched) he has an easy person to go after the next day. Why?

Because, apparently, Cubs knew I would turn up town and thus was acting townie? Couldn't that be taken a step further, and thus the corollary that DP also knows I will turn up town (or, barring that, at least non-mafia) and is laying the grounds for a push the next day on a person that has not yet contributed? After all, DP has already taken for granted that I will show up as something. Just thoughts.

Also interesting, Oman and Jeep both get scummier the more they question DP's authority.

His later note on Jeep is very interesting and goes against my collected data on him. As well as everyone else's. I like how he took a break, 'dug' at jeep, got accolades for it, adn then went back to me. Now people are saying "Well look what he did to jeep" (even if it was misguided), which by default makes it look like he was doing the same thing to me. He wasn't. I don't remember him 'digging' when he put the seventh vote on me, and I don't remember him 'digging' when he said that if I was scum one person would look bad and if I was town another would look bad.

------------------------
JEEP -
jeep wrote:1) The only reason I can see for NOT using a list in your vote is if you are scum and haven't yet figured out how you plan to make your list so that it reduces your risk while not tipping your hand.

2) Why don't you agree? I don't understand why any pro-town role would not use a list. The only reason for not using a list is because you are scum and haven't had time to work out with your scum buddies what is the right way to use it to your advantage.

Even if you don't provide a list, you're just saying: I'd be equally happy to lynch anyone.

1 vote: MGM, PlaysWithSquirrels, LoudMouthLee, Skruff
2 vote: MGM, PlaysWithSquirrels, LoudMouthLee, Dragon Phoenix,
Skruffs
Both LoudMouthLee and Skruffs (if not the other two) have used Lists so far in this game.

Side note:
Playing in Exile Mafia (abandoned game by GreenLiquid) gave me a Little bit of experience regarding strange voting systems. I was a townie in that game and wound up getting lynched for pushing that everyone should declare who they were going to "nominate" before the time to nominate happened. Effectively everyone had one vote and we 'deadline lynched'... anyways the details are unimportant but I feel that town does get a significant advantage over scum by saying who they want to vote in these kind of systems. It gives scum an advantage because they then kill people who are low on a majority of lists, though, which is something worth considering. Partial lists seem to be a fair balance, and in the event of a deadline, (which is not anytime soon), more attention will be focussed on them. Maybe that's the time to really start talking about them, I don't know.
-----------------
There's more, but to sum up some other players:
Talitha, Thesp : Yay! These guys make me happy.
Where is TSQ?
Mos: Posting a bunch of random votes is fine, especially if it is a null-tell and all that, but avoiding the rest of hte game by focusing on a set of random votes that you *Had* to know would draw attention, that is avoiding leaving ANY tells by keeping yourself focused on yourself, and that's not quite as much a null-tell.
DP is at the top of my list, now, but I don't have a vote list that works.

Thank you for not lynching me! (yet)

Tags removed. Please use bold tags only for voting and unvoting. - Mod
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

To clear up some things about the Condorcet lists:

The option of "No Lynch" is treated like any other player. If not listed explicitly, it is assumed to be tied with any players not listed as the second-to-last choice (with the last choice being the player himself/herself).

You may include equal preference (ties) in your lists as follows:

A wrote:List:
Vote: C
, [B, F], E

If A-G were the living players, this would be treated as:

List:
Vote: C
, [B, F], E, [D, G, No Lynch], A
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by jeep »

vote: MGM
, PlaysWithSquirrels, LoudMouthLee, Dragon Phoenix, Skruffs, [Adele, Cogito Ergo Sum, Cubsfan4ever, foolinc, logicticus, Mastermind of Sin, Oman, PookyTheMagicalBear,Talitha,Thesp,Thestatusquo,VitaminR,xyzzy,Zindaras], No Lynch, jeep
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Skruffs wrote: Dragon Phoenix:
Summary: DP has been getting some slack in this game for being the 7th vote for me. He hops off me with some scum hunting on jeep, gets acknowledgment for it, and then hops back on me. Does that validate the earlier actions? I hope not. Scum can act town for short periods of time, but in the end, they want mislynches.

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Dragon Phoenix - What kind of

information are you looking for from me? Was that an ask to claim?
I am looking for information in general, not from you specifically. Whether you claim or not is your decision, I am not pushing for it (I usually do not claim myself even at lynch -1, unless I have a power role or unless I am scum simulating a power role). There is a ot we can learn on days to come on how bandwagons are formed and pushed forward
or not, and reactions of other players as well as the and wagonee.
If you want 'information', but aren't actually asking for information, I am confused abuot my role in this, except as bandwagonee. You want yoru vote to be on me so that... later on... people can look back and see that you were voting me? I am confused. Are you scum pretending to be distancing from me? If you are looking for reactions, maybe you should try offering theories.
I can't believe you have been two years on this site and do not know the function of a bandwagon. It is not just about the reactions of the bandwagonee, but also the other players. Who joins, who does not. What are their reasons to join or not. That is information.
Skruffs wrote:
Interestingly, when MGM asks why DP feels MORE that I am scum now than when he

first put on the bandwagon vote, he refers to VitaminR's annotation.
"VitaminR: made a positive contribution to the game in post 74, picking Scrubbs apart.

Likely townie."
So.
To put this in perspective, I am likely scum, because VitaminR attacked me. And VitaminR is likely town, because he attacked me. I am assuming Dragon Phoenix decided I was the more likely scum beign attacked by a townie versus the opposite because I already had 6 votes on me, versus VitaminR's... one? zero?
interesting.
No, you are not likely scum because VitaminR attacked you. but because of the reasons expressed by VitaminR in his post. I did not know I had to cross the eyes and dot the teeth this much to get my meaning across.
Skruffs wrote: Another interseting thing: He puts all his bets on me being scum, BUT, he leaves an out for if I am town: Cubsfan, who had (At that time) made one post asking why I had four votes. So if I did get lynched and turned up town (which he states as "If he turns up town" not "if he gets lynched and turns up town", which suggests that DP has already concluded I *will* be lynched) he has an easy person to go after the next day. Why?

Because, apparently, Cubs knew I would turn up town and thus was acting townie? Couldn't that be taken a step further, and thus the corollary that DP also knows I will turn up town (or, barring that, at least non-mafia) and is laying the grounds for a push the next day on a person that has not yet contributed? After all, DP has already taken for granted that I will show up as something. Just thoughts.
Since when do I put all my bets on you being scum? I stated I was happy with my choice a that time, that is something entirely different. Of course, if you would be lynched today, there is still a reasonable chance you are a townie, in which case I found Cubs'reaction to the wagon so far the most suspicious (see also getting information from a bandwagon). Mafia can try to look innocent by acting against a bandwagon of someone they know to be innocent.
Skruffs wrote: Also interesting, Oman and Jeep both get scummier the more they question DP's authority.

His later note on Jeep is very interesting and goes against my collected data on him. As well as everyone else's. I like how he took a break, 'dug' at jeep, got accolades for it, adn then went back to me. Now people are saying "Well look what he did to jeep" (even if it was misguided), which by default makes it look like he was doing the same thing to me. He wasn't. I don't remember him 'digging' when he put the seventh vote on me, and I don't remember him 'digging' when he said that if I was scum one person would look bad and if I was town another would look bad.
You seem to post under the delusion that anyone should focus on one target. You should prod here and there based on what you see. I do not like your posts, so you are still high on my radar screen. I also do not like Jeep's posts, and the discussion we had around it moved him ahead of you in my scumminess list.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:58 pm

Post by Mgm »

All quotes from xyzzy responding to my posts
Under the current circumstances, I have fairly little to go on. Since CES got me in a lot of trouble in another recent (finished) game (Mafia 60), let's pre-empt a repeat of that by doing the following:
Vote:Cogito Ergo Sum
I can't really tell if this is supposed to be random or not; I often feel as scum that I have to justify my random voting, though, but that's just me.
I already said I believe most, if not all, votes should be justified regardless of whether the voter is scum or town. I voted CES because if he is scum it would be hard for me to catch him - based on that previous game, so I voted him first to gather intel to avoid having the same situation as in that earlier game.
So what makes it okay for you to use it then?
This is a bit of a misrepresentation; random listing isn't the same as using a list because you actually find several people scummy.
Take a look at post 47 right before the post you took that quote from. Oman said he doesn't like Skruffs' use of the voting system that early in the game and goes on to use it himself. That's double standards and he should be questioned about that.

List-votes are all potentially lynch-deciding votes, so each has to be well documented. Think about jeep who admitted to not posting reasoning with his votes. It's pretty clear why he voted number one in his list, but what if person three on his list ends up lynched - we'd have no idea why he voted them. I don't want scum to slide by, simply by not being called on their actions. I plan to call them on it before any deaths occur.
To make it clear: I don't particularly like using Concordet voting this early in the game when everything is still too hazy, so I'll do things the old fashioned way.
Translation: I on't want to take advantage of the tools I've been given. I don't want other people taking advantage of them, either.
That's a bad translation. Nowhere do I mention anything about other people. As long as the votes on the list are explained/justified so the voting patterns can be picked apart I have no objections to other people using them. I am against people like jeep not providing reasoning as you can see in my next quote.
Where I'm standing 'random' and 'arbitrary' mean pretty much the same. Though using dice tags (which we can't do here) carry more prove a vote isn't malicious.
This sounds like you're suggesting we can't use votes just bcause they're random first votes. I don't like this....
You totally missed the point. I said arbitrary and random are the same. I said the mod didn't allow dice tags and I said that when votes are made with actual dice tags you know they are not malicious. I have no idea where your intepretation comes from. (You can't use random first votes in Concordet lists, though. I for one don't want random votes to be the deciding thing in a lynch.)
If you use a list, you should do the legwork and explain why every single individual is on it and why each of them is in the position they're in. Otherwise, we're still clueless on voting reasons if it comes to a deadline lynch.
I don't like this suggestion that every psuedovote should have a reason; votes are useful NO MATTER WHAT, especially votes that CAN NOT BRING A LYNCH before deadline.
Let's look at it a different way. Any Concordet vote has the potential of being the hammah. Do you want hammahs to be placed without a provided reason?
Show
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:01 pm

Post by Talitha »

Mgm wrote:List-votes are all potentially lynch-deciding votes, so each has to be well documented.
Aw c'mon, we are playing a game here, not writing a piece of legislation. And it's Day 1. Besides, the list votes will only count if we cannot reach a majority; I am not really worried about that happening with the activity level we have here.

Also, I don't want to deter anyone from posting their votes and list votes. Reasons are nice but anyone can make up a reasonable sounding reason - I see scum do it all the time. The REAL info is in the votes.. who votes for who, and when. Having said that it only becomes very useful when a few people die and a few alignments are revealed. The reasons given are like the froth on the top.

In summary: Votes with reasons are slightly better than votes without reasons, but a vote with no reason given is far better than no vote.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:16 pm

Post by Mgm »

A lot of activity doesn't mean we will reach a majority decision. We are already divided on the use of the Concordet votes, and I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't agree on a lynch either.

I'll pose to you the same question I mention in my previous post. Suppose for a moment we come to a deadline and the third person on jeep's list gets the chop and turns up town. How would that provide info? Would it make a difference if it was the sixth person on a list that died?
Show
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

Suppose for a moment we come to a deadline and the third person on jeep's list gets the chop and turns up town. How would that provide info? Would it make a difference if it was the sixth person on a list that died?
I still don't see this as likely to happen
at all
, but I will answer you. It provides all the obvious information, eg. that the person was town, that Jeep wanted to lynch them as a 3rd/6th choice, and obviously others must have had him/her listed for a lynch as well. Now I ask to you, how much difference does it make if Jeep invents a logical sounding reason for all of those he has listed, to appease you? There are a thousand reasons he could make up, and people who have been playing this game a while are most likely going to be convincing. I am not saying that giving reasons never helps, I am saying
don't stifle people from voting by pretending that it's a rule that votes must be accompanied by a reason
. Because if I am still alive later in the game and re-reading over day 1 trying to find the scum, I will be looking at the votes first, the reasons second.

Zindaras: You asked about where and how the players I meantioned pressed my buttons - I didn't actually note down the details, just the fact that they did. This was mainly due to it being early day 1 and I don't care to expend too much energy this early :-)

I am not going to vote Jeep today and would never advise lynching him Day 1 without solid incriminating evidence. He may be scum, but he might also be town.

I am on the fence with Lee as well, but I think he is an "out there" kind of player who stirs things up and should probably be watched closely but not lynched yet.

Am using my list as a reminder to myself who I am suspicious of; adding Mgm, upgrading Oman, removing no lynch.:
vote: playswithsquirrels, Oman, Cubsfan, Mgm, Zindy, MoS

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”