Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:39 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

Nightfall hasn't posted on this website for over a week and he posted earlier that he might need to be replaced, so I'm going to go ahead and find a replacement.

Vote Count

d3sisted (3): Kerplunk, Numenorean7, Atticus
PookyTheMagicalBear (2): ryan, distad
Atticus (2): somestrangeflea, PookyTheMagicalBear
ryan (1): JDodge

Not Voting: Nightfall, Jimmy R, Jex, d3sisted

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Atticus »

d3sisted wrote:Wow. You are really close-minded.
I am eager to vote and opportunistic because that is just my play style. I see someone scummy, and I'll vote for them. And I didn't just back off because I was "seen", I unvoted because ryan seemed a lot more town than he did before. That also doesn't mean that I think he's completely, town, there's still a chance that he might be scum.
If being scummy is your playstyle, that doesn't make you town.

Also, after your vote on ryan, the latter posts two times, and you say that confirms your vote. Afterwards, he gave a smarmy comment to you, and you unvote? Am I missing something? Also, in the post in which you unvoted, you said it was because your vote was being attacked, and because everyone thought ryan was town.

So basically, you're willing to go off of other people's suspicions, following the next one that presents itself. That's dumb-scum.
Pooky wrote:
unvote
vote Atticus

welcome!
Hey there!
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Atticus wrote:Afterwards, he gave a smarmy comment to you, and you unvote? Am I missing something?
How was his post smarmy?
Atticus wrote:Also, in the post in which you unvoted, you said it was because your vote was being attacked, and because everyone thought ryan was town.
That was only a minor part of the reason. My statement was teeming with sarcasm as well, you just didn't pick up on it.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

d3sisted wrote:My statement was teeming with sarcasm as well, you just didn't pick up on it.
Giving reasons for a vote or unvote is not the best place for sarcasm. If you are going to be sarcastic about important game stuff like that, you must be extra careful that your real meaning is clear. I detected no sarcasm when reading your comments, and I still cannot see how anyone who didn't already know what you mean could be expected to.
Political Correctness offends me.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:18 am

Post by Atticus »

Numen's right, sarcasm shouldn't be paired with a vote, or given as reason for a vote. But I can't see how that post is sarcastic.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:20 am

Post by Atticus »

Forgot to add this to my last.
ryan wrote:Kind of like people who disregard questions asked to them?
There's your smarmy comment.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:10 am

Post by ryan »

Atticus: I never said I didn't make a "snarmy comment" (whatever the heck snarmy means, snippy, sure, but snarmy? Uh.........sure)
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Ok Atticus, how is that smarmy?

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Atticus »

S
m
army, ryan, smarmy.

And actually, you're right. It's scarcely smarmy at all. In fact, I don't even see how it makes sense with what he quoted in that post. But that doesn't make it a good reason to decide your vote.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Atticus »

^^^
2nd paragraph directed at d3.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Wow. So you're just bullshitting reasons to vote me, regardless of whether they make sense or not. Nice.

Vote: Atticus

Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:08 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

What is smamrmy anyway. :)

confirm vote: d3sisted
, voting for your attacker is soo scummy.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

smarmy - unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech. I don't quite understand what was wrong with ryan's comment. I don't see how the word smarmy applies.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:36 am

Post by ryan »

I understand the mistrust of d3sisted as I feel the same way but PookyTheMagicalBear has posted just enough to stay active and yet doesnt seem to be getting any suspicion and without trying to push a lynch on the town, any reasons why some of you voting otherwise haven't looked at him?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:13 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Apologies for not posting for a while.

Reading through d3sisted's posts, I can see why people are voting for him, [but to be honest, reading through his posts he seems a tad too "forward" to be Scum, possibly Jester-ish. There seems to be something about the tone of his posts which, to me, seems out of place to be scummy...
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Atticus »

To d3sisted, I prefer not to call it bullshitting. I call it a "non-understanding. " Also, I'm not saying that
my
reasons don't make sense. I'm saying
your
reasons don't make sense.

To Numen7, sorry if you missed it.
Atticus wrote:And actually, you're right. It's scarcely smarmy at all. In fact, I don't even see how it makes sense with what he quoted in that post. But that doesn't make it a good reason to decide your vote.
See, I realise in this post that it wasn't actually smarmy. I see, instead, that it doesn't make sense at all.

To SSF, I'm not seeing d3sisted being the jester. But as Pooky knows, I'm not always correct about my jester suspicions.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Atticus wrote:To d3sisted, I prefer not to call it bullshitting. I call it a "non-understanding. " Also, I'm not saying that
my
your
Doesn't matter what you call it. With this point invalid, your case against me boils down to nothing. You're just voting for the sake of bandwagoning.
Kerplunk wrote:d3sisted gets scummier with every post. I'd be happy to lynch him.

I will be away this weekend. On monday I will post again.
What the hell. So first, you see a couple of people throw suspicion on me, so you set yourself up to vote me. Cast some suspicion of your own, so you have something to go back upon when you're called for it.

Then you come back from vacation and the first vote you make is on the most convenient bandwagon available, supported by one line of reasoning? In case you didn't notice, I'm the one being attacked here, not Atticus. So when I point out his scumminess and pressure him with a vote, I'm the scummy one all of a sudden for doing that? I, for one, have presented credible reasons with my votes, something you failed to do. Not only that, but how am I supposed to properly defend myself against a vote like that?

Present your case properly, so I have a fair chance to counter and defend myself. And don't give me the same made-up "non understanding" crap that others have tried to hit me with, either. That just makes you look more scummy.

Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

d3sisted wrote:What the hell. So first, you see a couple of people throw suspicion on me, so you set yourself up to vote me. Cast some suspicion of your own, so you have something to go back upon when you're called for it.
Lol. Read post 131. I was the first one to vote for you. And you are getting scummier by the minute becasue you keep attacking people who attack you. Not a word about other players.

And what is this post?
I'm also going to unvote now seeing as everyone seems to think ryan is town, and started attacking me for voting him.
If you think ryan is scum, you should keep voting for him. Don't unvote because 'the town' seems to think he is innocent.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:28 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Sorry double post:

Attention: I will be away from Thursday untill Monday. If the mod wants to replace me becasue of that, that's okay (although rather not).

My sincere apologies.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:00 am

Post by Atticus »

d3sisted wrote:
Atticus wrote:To d3sisted, I prefer not to call it bullshitting. I call it a "non-understanding. " Also, I'm not saying that
my
your
Doesn't matter what you call it. With this point invalid, your case against me boils down to nothing. You're just voting for the sake of bandwagoning.

Me being wrong about ryan doesn't make me wrong about you.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

d3sisted wrote:Present your case properly, so I have a fair chance to counter and defend myself. And don't give me the same made-up "non understanding" crap that others have tried to hit me with, either.
117: d3sisted replaces SV. He attacks ben for numerous scumtells, and puts ben at L-2 as a "pressure vote"

119: unvotes because of the Jester factor which SSF brought up.

152: agrees that Jimmy's "he must be the Cop" sounded like rolefishing (ridiculous, IMO), and attacks fleaboy for his reductio ad absurdum. He also attacks and votes Jex for trying to start a bandwagon on ryan. This is a baseless accusation, and I feel her vote was sound. Being overdefensive is generally a valid scumtell. Ryan might collect a bandwagon? That's another way of saying he's acting scummy. Post 152 strikes me as pushing the Jimmy "wagon" and defending ryan, without coming down clearly on the issue. In addition, I think he is trying to do with Jex the very thing he accuses Jex of doing.

158: backs off his statements on Jimmy and fleaboy. Subtly encouraging people to vote them, but denying it the moment it is questioned.

165: Now does a complete 180, says the vote on Jex wasn't good (maybe because no one else followed suit), and then starts the bandwagon which he accused Jex of trying to start earlier.

168: "No, I looked over ryan's posts again and I realized his defenses were very insubstantial." Defenses against what? Ryan wasn't under attack except from SSF for taking things out of context, and for Jex for being overdefensive. Now d3sisted attacks him for "insubstantial defenses".

171: Makes another stupid case against ryan based on his FoS of d3sisted and JDodge, calling it "vote-hopping". I see this as an OMGUS case, trying to deflect suspicion from a scummy voting pattern.

173: Accuses ryan OMGUS. Hypocritical, IMO.

179: defends the ryan wagon because it wasn't a lynch wagon. Oh, please!

182: claims he wasn't bandwagoning, simply voting him for scummy behavior. He really thought ryan was scummy enough to warrant 4 votes? The best case against ryan was posted by Jex, which was only four sentences long. And he says that his wagon is baseless!

188: desperate deflecting post. Kerplunk has a vote on d3sisted, and clarifies how strongly he supports the case against d3.

191: tries to get me to join the ryan wagon.

192: "I'm also going to unvote now seeing as everyone seems to think ryan is town, and started attacking me for voting him." The "sarcastic" post. He hopes to weasel his way out of suspicion by removing the offending vote. But the damage has already been done.

195: claims he unvoted ryan because he suddenly looks a lot more town. No concrete explanation of what prompted the suspicions in the first place, nor of why these reasons no longer apply.

198: "Who said I'm trying to get out of a situation?" The two votes on you, and the suspicions expressed by a couple others are the situation. Your behavior is obviously trying to get out of it.

202: Claims his post 192 was sarcastic

210: Votes Atticus basically because he misused the word "smarmy". OMGUS.

216: Claims that ryan's post being non-smarmy makes Atticus's case boil down to nothing. Atticus's reason to vote was d3sisted's voting pattern, not the smarminess of ryan's comments. Also accuses Kerplunk of setting himself up to vote d3sisted, then jumping on the bandwagon when he gets back. Ignoring the fact that Kerplunk had a vote on him before the "I'd be happy to lynch him" comment.

d3sisted has been flip-flopping, especially regarding ryan. He has been spouting OMGUS and hypocrisy. He has been desperately deflecting suspicion away from himself, and has tried (unsuccessfully) to start numerous bandwagons on flimsy evidence.

Scum
Jester
, or
Town
? (text size provided for scale)
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:20 am

Post by ryan »

Wow. I'll be interested in d3sisted response to that ^^^^ a pretty compelling argument there Numenorean7, something I need to consider. I'm still not a fan of PookyTheMagicalBear completely ignoring my posts toward him (and the game in general)
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by Jex »

Wow...ok. I've been really busy the past couple of days and am off to bed now. I will be sure to read up and hopefully get a good post up tomorrow. Sorry for the recent inactivity.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jimmy R
Jimmy R
Goon
Jimmy R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:51 pm

Post by Jimmy R »

Definitely leaning towards a D3sisted vote at the moment. It could be Jester play, but at some point we're going to have to go out on a limb a little bit and take the risk to lynch someone, otherwise we'll never win this game.

At the moment the most sus person has to be D3sisted. It's partly because he's replaced in and been very active, so he's in the spotlight.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

Wow. ryan and Jex have both said "wow" about my PBPA, and Jimmy R seems almost convinced. This is making me a little nervous. :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”