Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Glork »

Town. Why he is very likely town.

Jesus balls. This seems to be happening a lot lately. :oops:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Carbon Copy wrote:Skruffs's every post only furthers to strengthen my belief that he's scum.
Boy will you be surprised. Poor, delusional, hateful Zindaras.

CC wrote:He first basically put his choice in my hands, then when I told him to protect me, he switched to begging Glork, and now that Glork has also said that he should protect me, he's twisting around again and saying that he'll ignore his own promises and statements, basically saying that I'm going to die the coming night.
Added to this:
Carbon Copy wrote: This says enough. It is clearly in the best interests of the town to set up the best chain of protection it can. Skruffs is refusing to work for the best interests of the town. Therefore, he is scum.
response:
Skruffs wrote:But that's fine - You protect me tonight, and I will protect Glork. If Glork dies, lynch me in the morning. If I die, you get lynched in the morning. Potentially switch mine and your places.
I'm the one who suggested the chain. You ignored it. Here:
Skruffs wrote:Carbon Copy - you didn't acknowledge my chain of protections idea. Do you think that it is a bad idea or a good idea? I'm basically offering my throat to you by putting Glork's protection in either you or my's hands tonight. I would really like your opinion.
You demanded to be the one to be protected, in unfriendly terms. So I decided to ask glork who he trusts more. You are claiming to be cleared because you had an alt in the game, but, that's not definitive proof. IF I was both a scum and a town player, I would definitely sacrifice the town player to keep the scum alive - sacrifice the scum,a nd you lose the town player to. But that doesn't match up because this is Cartoon Cats mafia, not clone cats mafia, so unless the two of you were also some sort of mason-survivor buddies, it's extremely, extremely unlikely that you are scum. You are still ACTING very scummy, though, and you yourself are contesting Glork's investigation on me, saying that I am definitely a godfather, so apparently you do not automatically feel that things are exactly as they seem. So why are you bitching so much when another player attempts to keep his eyes open to all possibilities? Anyawys, that aside...
Skruffs wrote:Glork - would you prefer I protect ZIndaras protect you, or vice versa? It's likely that the last person in the chain (me or zindaras) will be killed since they have no protection. The last person should be the more likely scum, because they can't kill the middle person without drawing attention to themselves, and can't kill glork regardless. They also can't kill themselves. If I protect zindaras, would you please inspect him tonight? Just to assauge my suspicions that he may just be fake claiming in order to get me killed because he knows that I protected you last night. You know, standard stuff.
Glork indicated you were more useful to him than I was, so:
Skruffs wrote:Glork - are you sure? When I die, you are basically losing one of your investigations.
Again, he said that he would prefer you to be in the game.
So, that aside, let's go on:

Carboncopy wrote:Skruffs, if I am fake claiming a doc role and killing Glork, then I'm dead. Capiche? The game's lost. There's no such thing as a 5-player (including my alt) scumgroup.

To put my role on the same terms as a vanilla townie is just plain preposterous. I'm an alt. My real account
died and came up town
. For me to be scum, I'd have to be a death godfather with an alt attached.
So you are saying you are a CLEARED vanilla townie, whereas I am saying I am a blind joat, with an investigation on him, and thus SHOULD be cleared but the cop who investigated me himself doesn't seem to believe it. Which doesn't make sense, but, whatever. I have two actions a night, you have one. We're both 'cleared', and you think I'm scummy for doubting you, and you reserve the right to doubt me. It's all very heavy handed and asinine, don't you think?
Carbon Copy wrote:
The fact that Skruffs is announcing that he will not do what he himself announced he would do is extremely telling.
I asked Skruffs the following questions in 1124:
Carbon Copy wrote:1
Where's the breadcrumb?
When did you get your protective role? Why did you claim to have blocked Theo? 2
If you received a doc invention from DGB, then why did you ask
me
if my invention was pro-town? A doc role is pretty much as pro-town as you can get.

Bolded are two important and
unanswered
questions. Why important? Because they are clues that Skruffs is lying about his story. Skruffs did not breadcrumb. Skruffs did not wish to answer the second question because
the question doesn't make sense if he has a doc role himself
. The fact that he asked me a question that his own story infers he has the answer to says enough.
Zindaras, I did answer.
Here is my response to you asking about my breadcrumb, and the original breadcrumb, in that order.
Skruffs wrote:I also got a doctor role.
Which I breadcrumbed right in the beginning of the day. I prevented the KILLS.
Skruffs wrote:CC -
I would like to elaborate more on the possibility of preventing last night kills but I can't.

Also, Mistef claimed one-shot cop who knew about the existance of another player in the game (Phoebus, I think). That's according to my mental notes.
So you are completely wrong in yoru speculation number one.
As for number two, having received the gift, and comparing it to OTHER gifts - are you now doubting that I even received the gift at all? - I was trying to figure out if there was a pattern to the gifts that DGB sends out.
I actually brought this up, here, where it was promptly ignored:
CarbonCopy wrote: Here's an idea: I *definitely* have a doctor role. Carbon Copy ALSO apparently has a doctor's role. We both protected Glork, supposedly.
The only other person who seems to have gotten a role is THeo - who had a one-day double vote. I'm willing to bet that is from DGB.
I'm wanting to test a hypothesis that DGB's gifts help whoever receives them. Scum get double votes, townies get doctor abilities. This is based on the assumptions that Theo got his double vote from DGB, that Theo is scum, that I am telling the truth and am Town, and that Carbon Copy is telling hte truth and is town.
I'd like everyone to unvote Theo and then, one at a time, we all try to double vote. Whoever got DGB's gift last night isn't talking - so I'm willing to bet that whoever it is may be scum and doesn't want to be revealed.
You would have noticed, But I think you were maknig sure everyone knew that you intended to lynch Pookie but that it was stolen from you.
Carbon copy wrote: Now, let me take you on a tour throughout today and how Skruffs has tried to sight up night targets:
Skruffs, 1123 wrote:But that's fine - You protect me tonight, and I will protect Glork. If Glork dies, lynch me in the morning. If I die, you get lynched in the morning. Potentially switch mine and your places.
Oh, so you DID see that I was trying to protect power roles. Why have both doctors protect Glork (again) when one can protect the other? Yes, this is very scummy indeed.
Carbon copy wrote:
Skruffs, 1128 wrote:I am more than happy to target you with my doctor and you target glork tonight. Since I have a confirmed town on me by glork and you doubt I have the roleblocking ability (being a godfather and all that) - Glork should be able to query DGB tonight after a lynch on Theo today. I may be dead in the morning, but you won't be, and Glork won't be.
Are you cool with that?
Skruffs, 1136 wrote:You're not going to die. You're going to be protected. If Glork dies, you will be in trouble, though.
Skruffs, 1146 wrote:Glork - would you prefer I protect ZIndaras protect you, or vice versa? It's likely that the last person in the chain (me or zindaras) will be killed since they have no protection. The last person should be the more likely scum, because they can't kill the middle person without drawing attention to themselves, and can't kill glork regardless. They also can't kill themselves. If I protect zindaras, would you please inspect him tonight? Just to assauge my suspicions that he may just be fake claiming in order to get me killed because he knows that I protected you last night. You know, standard stuff.
(Also note how he's leading the Cop)
Skruffs, 1158 wrote:Glork - are you sure? When I die, you are basically losing one of your investigations.
Skruffs, 1163 wrote:*sniff*
Okay, glork.
Skruffs, 1171 wrote:Carbon Copy - Please consider this - I have claimed the doctor's gift. I also have OTHER actions to be taken - and you don't. If I am scum, I can not kill Glork tonight because I would be instantly lynched as a liar for fake claiming doctor in the morning, so I can not and will not kill him tonight. Likewise, one of me and you has to be killed. You have no other claimed actions, I do. I also have an innocent investigation on me.

It really really makes more sense to protect me, knowing that if I am lying, and stupidly kill the person I am claiming to be protecting, that I will be lynched tomorrow. If only because I get two actions in one night, and one of them MIGHT be a role block, which could also, if used against mafia, protect YOU from getting killed, which is something you can NOT claim to offer to me.
Skruffs, 1194 wrote:Glork - I'll probably wind up protecting you, because if Carbon Copy is fake claiming a doctor role, and is scum, you are left unprotected tonight. That, or I will protect IH, who is claiming to have multiple inspections, after all. I really am disappointed in your logic to trust an un-inspected claimed vanilla townie over an inspected claimed-joat, though, for future reference.
Skruffs continuously downplays my role-related innocence and continuously tries to invoke the innocent investigation to strengthen his own. Yet my alignment is clearly more confirmed than his. He appeals to emotion. He asks me what he should do. When I don't give him the answer he wants, he asks Glork what to do. When Glork doesn't give him the answer he wants, he backs out again and announces he will do what he wants, furthering his own scum-agenda.
I'm sorry that you don't want any scrutiny about your position in this game at all. Apparently "bastard mod" in the very beginning post means "bastard mod... except for when cc says it's not".
You yourself are trying to make this a false dilemma by saying that either I or YOU has to be scum, which is wrong.
I'm not surprised, though, because you immediately took Theo's claim that I had blocked him twice and went with the idea that I was fake claiming role blocking him EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT DO THAT to protect him, which makes no sense because with no kills it means that both vig and scum were blocked/prevented through a doctor. This was BEFORE I claiemd doctor, so apparently you've had a chip on your shoulder against me since the day started. Did I come into today with a chip on my shoulder? No. I didn't. And I still don't.

Glork, suggesting I am trying to get rid of the other doctor is idiotic. There are two claimed doctors and now, two claimed cops. As well as an inventor. You want Sole Protection for the rest of the game, and I am trying to keep things mixed up so that scum only really have ONE choice to make tonight. I'm really, really surprised at both your lack of cooperation/enthusiasm and in fact your OWN trying to direct power roles - something that CC has no problem accusing me of but uignoring about you.

I will protect one of Zindaras or IH tonight, and I will target one of DGB or Primate, unless THeo turns out to be scum, in which case I will target Glork, probably, and protect one of hte other two for sure.
Oh, wait, I know, I know, I know, if one of them dies I'll just claim I protected the other, right? IT's a 50/50 chance scum can avoid by killing me, sicne it is a known fact that there is no chance that the other doctor would want to protect me. Well how do you suggest protecting The other claimed cop? Or don't you want to?

Carbon Copy - How much are you willing to bet that I am scum?
If I am town, and are proved to be so, will you promise to do a favor, any favor I ask, for me?
There's no way I can just let such rampant, deluded cockiness go untested.

Hmm.

Side note, with two doctors, we could potentially just protect each other and lynch everyone else. Oh well, nevermind.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by Skruffs »

What I think is interesting is that Zindaras quoted things from me as an attack against me while effectively saying that I never said them in the first place. Please understand why you are ruffling my feathers, buddy.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Carbon Copy »

Skruffs wrote:I'm the one who suggested the chain.
Which makes it all the more suspicious that you didn't follow up on it later on.
You ignored it. Here:
Skruffs wrote:Carbon Copy - you didn't acknowledge my chain of protections idea. Do you think that it is a bad idea or a good idea? I'm basically offering my throat to you by putting Glork's protection in either you or my's hands tonight. I would really like your opinion.
This is post 1133. Now, this is what I said in Post 1124:
Carbon Copy wrote:There is no need for all this foolishness. I will protect Glork tonight, you will "protect" me.
Don't misrepresent me.
You demanded to be the one to be protected, in unfriendly terms.
You said you would protect me if I told you to. The way I tell you isn't relevant. (Though I will admit I may have been somewhat over-the-top in my statements. I believed that to be the best way to hammer my point home)
So I decided to ask glork who he trusts more. You are claiming to be cleared because you had an alt in the game, but, that's not definitive proof. IF I was both a scum and a town player, I would definitely sacrifice the town player to keep the scum alive - sacrifice the scum,a nd you lose the town player to. But that doesn't match up because this is Cartoon Cats mafia, not clone cats mafia, so unless the two of you were also some sort of mason-survivor buddies, it's extremely, extremely unlikely that you are scum. You are still ACTING very scummy, though, and you yourself are contesting Glork's investigation on me, saying that I am definitely a godfather, so apparently you do not automatically feel that things are exactly as they seem. So why are you bitching so much when another player attempts to keep his eyes open to all possibilities? Anyawys, that aside...
On one hand, we have the possibility of a godfather. On the other hand, we have the possibility of a death godfather with an alt (or double-alignment role, but in that case, I would never have bothered with a reread).

I daresay that the possibility of a Godfather, a fairly common role, is a lot larger than a death godfather with an alt, a role which most assuredly has never seen the light of day.
Skruffs wrote:So you are saying you are a CLEARED vanilla townie, whereas I am saying I am a blind joat, with an investigation on him, and thus SHOULD be cleared but the cop who investigated me himself doesn't seem to believe it. Which doesn't make sense, but, whatever. I have two actions a night, you have one. We're both 'cleared', and you think I'm scummy for doubting you, and you reserve the right to doubt me. It's all very heavy handed and asinine, don't you think?
There are different measures of being cleared. My cleared is a cloudless sky, your cleared is more like a break in the clouds.

Just like there's a difference between a mason with mod-confirmed innocence and a dead partner (which is a fairly close representation of my role) and having a town investigation on you. You may be cleared, but I'm cleareder, clearedest, whatever way you want to say it.

And, to be honest, you have not given me a speck of reason to trust your claim. I see absolutely nothing. What, you blocked Theo from killing? Yeah, right. Theo couldn't kill to begin with. All your claim did there was back up his Vig claim.
As for number two, having received the gift, and comparing it to OTHER gifts - are you now doubting that I even received the gift at all? - I was trying to figure out if there was a pattern to the gifts that DGB sends out.
I doubt you received the gift at all, yes. Why did you ask the question if my gift was clearly pro-town if you already knew your own gift?
I actually brought this up, here, where it was promptly ignored:
CarbonCopy wrote: Here's an idea: I *definitely* have a doctor role. Carbon Copy ALSO apparently has a doctor's role. We both protected Glork, supposedly.
The only other person who seems to have gotten a role is THeo - who had a one-day double vote. I'm willing to bet that is from DGB.
I'm wanting to test a hypothesis that DGB's gifts help whoever receives them. Scum get double votes, townies get doctor abilities. This is based on the assumptions that Theo got his double vote from DGB, that Theo is scum, that I am telling the truth and am Town, and that Carbon Copy is telling hte truth and is town.
I'd like everyone to unvote Theo and then, one at a time, we all try to double vote. Whoever got DGB's gift last night isn't talking - so I'm willing to bet that whoever it is may be scum and doesn't want to be revealed.
You would have noticed, But I think you were maknig sure everyone knew that you intended to lynch Pookie but that it was stolen from you.
This suggestion is based on nothing. It's pure speculation. Useless speculation. And if you follow it, then I am cleared as town and you should be protecting me anyway.
I'm sorry that you don't want any scrutiny about your position in this game at all. Apparently "bastard mod" in the very beginning post means "bastard mod... except for when cc says it's not".
Bastard modding, yes. But death godfathers with an alt are overdone. It's bastard modding to the extreme, and I seriously doubt you'll ever see the role, even with the most bastardly mods. On MS, bastard modding usually doesn't go a whole lot farther than Godfathers and Mason Traitors.

You want to raise the possibility of a death godfather with an alt, sure, I'll accept that. But I daresay that the chance of having a plain godfather is a
lot
higher than that of having a death godfather with an alt.
You yourself are trying to make this a false dilemma by saying that either I or YOU has to be scum, which is wrong.
No. It is either you or me who has to be the last in the chain of protection. That's the dilemma. I'm not saying it's either you or me who has to be scum.
I'm not surprised, though, because you immediately took Theo's claim that I had blocked him twice and went with the idea that I was fake claiming role blocking him EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT DO THAT to protect him, which makes no sense because with no kills it means that both vig and scum were blocked/prevented through a doctor. This was BEFORE I claiemd doctor, so apparently you've had a chip on your shoulder against me since the day started. Did I come into today with a chip on my shoulder? No. I didn't. And I still don't.
Your targets were Phoebus (until he died), and afterwards Theo, right? You have stated on multiple occasions that you may have blocked Theo. That backs up his claim.
Glork, suggesting I am trying to get rid of the other doctor is idiotic. There are two claimed doctors and now, two claimed cops. As well as an inventor. You want Sole Protection for the rest of the game, and I am trying to keep things mixed up so that scum only really have ONE choice to make tonight. I'm really, really surprised at both your lack of cooperation/enthusiasm and in fact your OWN trying to direct power roles - something that CC has no problem accusing me of but uignoring about you.
Are you intentionally missing the point or is it just an accident?

I accused you of leading the
Cop
. At this point, leading the Docs is a good thing to do, since we want multiple people to survive and a chain of protection only helps us that way. A chain of protection serves to limit the scum's opportunities,
especially
if you are the last scumbag, a most certainly possible scenario.
I will protect one of Zindaras or IH tonight, and I will target one of DGB or Primate, unless THeo turns out to be scum, in which case I will target Glork, probably, and protect one of hte other two for sure.
Oh, wait, I know, I know, I know, if one of them dies I'll just claim I protected the other, right? IT's a 50/50 chance scum can avoid by killing me, sicne it is a known fact that there is no chance that the other doctor would want to protect me. Well how do you suggest protecting The other claimed cop? Or don't you want to?
No. Everyone wants you to protect me. You can say that the scum can avoid the 50/50 chance by killing you, but that says nothing about when
you
are scum. If you are scum, I daresay that there's a 100% chance that you just happened to protect the wrong guy.

Yes, the fact that IH has claimed an investigative role as well does change some things. However, I do not believe it warrants a change of plans.
Carbon Copy - How much are you willing to bet that I am scum?
If I had a one-shot vig, I'd use it on you. (if it's a night ability. if it's day, Theo would be dead, but only because he has a scum investigation on him)
If I am town, and are proved to be so, will you promise to do a favor, any favor I ask, for me?
There's no way I can just let such rampant, deluded cockiness go untested.
Depends on the favour.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Skruffs »

"No. It is either you or me who has to be the last in the chain of protection. That's the dilemma. I'm not saying it's either you or me who has to be scum. "

But don't you see?
"On one hand, we have the possibility of a godfather. On the other hand, we have the possibility of a death godfather with an alt (or double-alignment role, but in that case, I would never have bothered with a reread). "

and

Or how about "Or maybe we're both townies" - you are trying to make it one way or the other, or at least, until I turn up town, and then you will just say I was acting scummy and it was not a bad lynch, anyways.

"And, to be honest, you have not given me a speck of reason to trust your claim. I see absolutely nothing. What, you blocked Theo from killing? Yeah, right.
Theo couldn't kill to begin with.
All your claim did there was back up his Vig claim.
What do you know about Theo that suggests he can't kill?
In what way was my claim seemingly or overtly intended to back up his vig claim?
You seem to be insinuating that me and theo, as scum, decided to have Theo no-kill in an attempt to say that I roleblocked him as vig. Then me and theo would immediately bus each other the next day, with me also saying I protected glork...
That's the only way I can see that you would think I was trying to 'back up' his vig claim. Is there another way to look at that?

"Bastard modding, yes. But death godfathers with an alt are overdone. It's bastard modding to the extreme, and I seriously doubt you'll ever see the role, even with the most bastardly mods. On MS, bastard modding usually doesn't go a whole lot farther than Godfathers and Mason Traitors.

You want to raise the possibility of a death godfather with an alt, sure, I'll accept that. But I daresay that the chance of having a plain godfather is a lot higher than that of having a death godfather with an alt. "
I don't know where the term "death godfather" came frmo, but I don't think it was me. My suggestion was that you and zindaras formed some sort of siblings team, oen town, one scum. Taht was my suggestion. Go back and find the first use of "death godfather", which I am taking to mean "Shows up as godfather on death", which sounds like a cop-immune miller (?).

If I coined the phrase "death godfather", please point this out to me. Otherwise, don't try to pin that suggestion on me.

'Your targets were Phoebus (until he died), and afterwards Theo, right? You have stated on multiple occasions that you may have blocked Theo. That backs up his claim. "
I have stated that I targetted Theo. I have NO IDEA (meaning - no clue) what my targets did, if ANYTHING. Theo claimed to have vigged someone last night and accused me of blocking him. But if he actually mafiakilled Glork, and assumed I blocked him, and that's why it didn't go through, then that explains why he immediately voted me and said that I was framing him as a way to throw suspicion on to me. And I definitely DID NOT target Theo the night he claimed to have targetted Primate, but, since he actually killed someone else, that seems to have been explained away, now.

My theory that I may be a roleblocker is a Theory, and you would rather just say that I am scum fake-claiming blind joat and that I don't have any abilities at all apaprently. Fine, you do that. Meanwhile, I'll keep trying to figure out the puzzle that is this game.

Favor:
IF you are 100% sure I am scum, as you are pushing and saying, then it does not matter what the favor is, because I will turn up scum. So yes or no?
You have said nothing, at all, the entire game, that would give any indication that you thought I was town, which is why I am assuming you are 100% sure I am scum.

"No. Everyone wants you to protect me. You can say that the scum can avoid the 50/50 chance by killing you, but that says nothing about when you are scum. If you are scum, I daresay that there's a 100% chance that you just happened to protect the wrong guy.

Yes, the fact that IH has claimed an investigative role as well does change some things. However, I do not believe it warrants a change of plans. "
You and Glork =/= Everybody, despite that you seem to be playing the game as if that were the case.
To me, a claimed cop is a lot more important than a claimed doctor. IF scum want to kill one of you or IH, they'll have to deal with the 50/50 chance. I am not assumign anyone is anything until they turn up dead with their role revealed. I am pleased that you have no problem doing the exact opposite, but, whatever.

If glork investigates IH and IH investigates DGB, that will leave only you and Primate uninspected this game. I consider you and Primate the most likely to be town, although now with Theo's claiming to have vigegd Primate the night he didn't die, there's all sorts of WIFOM associated with his role.

OH MY GOD I'M TRYING TO LEAD THE COPS D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Skruffs »

The favor would be You, Zindaras, for no less than sixty days, placing the below quote in your signature, on all accounts, on this website, immediately after I am revealed to be town.

"I'd rather play a game of Mafia with Skruffs than save a car full of kittens from drowning."
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Nai »

Bumping this above closed threads.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Theo, are you just waiting for the end or what?
Primate? You've been awful quiet, too.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm already lynched . . . therefore having nothing to say.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by Skruffs »

carbon copy is now avoiding the game entirely, because he doesn't want to put his money where his mouth is.
That's cool, he can wait for the hammer to take away his 'ability' to agree to my bet.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:38 am

Post by bertrand »

Vote count:

theopor_COD (3, -2): DrippingGoofball, Nai, Glork
DrippingGoofball (1, -4): theopor_COD
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Skruffs »

I still think that forcing everyone to try to double vote theo, one at a time, might reveal if someone actually did get a gift or not.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote: Theo, Vote: Theo
?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Mod! We're going to need a lot of vote counts!
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Post by Carbon Copy »

Skruffs wrote:"No. It is either you or me who has to be the last in the chain of protection. That's the dilemma. I'm not saying it's either you or me who has to be scum. "

But don't you see?
"On one hand, we have the possibility of a godfather. On the other hand, we have the possibility of a death godfather with an alt (or double-alignment role, but in that case, I would never have bothered with a reread). "

and

Or how about "Or maybe we're both townies" - you are trying to make it one way or the other, or at least, until I turn up town, and then you will just say I was acting scummy and it was not a bad lynch, anyways.
God, man, don't you get what I'm saying? Yes, maybe we are both townies. But that is irrelevant. The dilemma lies in the fact that one of us has to be the last in the chain of protection. It doesn't matter if we are both townies, it doesn't matter if that option exists. One of us must be the last in this chain, and it must be the one who is scummiest: you.
Wait, wait, lemme think.

Maybe it's the fact that he's scum. Because, you know, scum don't usually get a kill of their own on top of the group's kill.
In what way was my claim seemingly or overtly intended to back up his vig claim?
Because a Vig who fails to kill so many nights in a row tends to look fairly suspicious.
You seem to be insinuating that me and theo, as scum, decided to have Theo no-kill in an attempt to say that I roleblocked him as vig.
Note how Skruffs again completely misrepresents what I'm saying. I'm saying that you are not a Blind JoaT and that you don't have a roleblocking ability. I'm also saying that Theo isn't a Vig and doesn't have an extra kill.
Then me and theo would immediately bus each other the next day, with me also saying I protected glork...
That's the only way I can see that you would think I was trying to 'back up' his vig claim. Is there another way to look at that?
You never intended to claim you protected Glork. You intended for him to die. You thought something else had happened and tried to claim responsibility for Glork's survival, thereby putting your hand into my little mouse trap, which snapped shut nicely.

And now I'm going to eat you. ^_^
I don't know where the term "death godfather" came frmo, but I don't think it was me. My suggestion was that you and zindaras formed some sort of siblings team, oen town, one scum. Taht was my suggestion. Go back and find the first use of "death godfather", which I am taking to mean "Shows up as godfather on death", which sounds like a cop-immune miller (?).
Death godfather means "Shows up as town upon death while really scum". Just like death miller means "Shows up as scum upon death while really town." rather than "Shows up as miller upon death."

And, seriously, a role which always wins the game? Yeah, I was going to really do my best with
that
role.
'Your targets were Phoebus (until he died), and afterwards Theo, right? You have stated on multiple occasions that you may have blocked Theo. That backs up his claim. "
I have stated that I targetted Theo. I have NO IDEA (meaning - no clue) what my targets did, if ANYTHING. Theo claimed to have vigged someone last night and accused me of blocking him. But if he actually mafiakilled Glork, and assumed I blocked him, and that's why it didn't go through, then that explains why he immediately voted me and said that I was framing him as a way to throw suspicion on to me. And I definitely DID NOT target Theo the night he claimed to have targetted Primate, but, since he actually killed someone else, that seems to have been explained away, now.
Theo never killed anyone. Nai claimed responsibility for the only kill in the entire game that is not explained as Mafia kill. Your claim backs up his claim because, this way, he can get away with not killing anyone.
My theory that I may be a roleblocker is a Theory, and you would rather just say that I am scum fake-claiming blind joat and that I don't have any abilities at all apaprently. Fine, you do that. Meanwhile, I'll keep trying to figure out the puzzle that is this game.
Note: Skruffs completely ignores my point. Instead, he simply states I'm being useless and that he is trying to figure out the game.

I don't give a mouse about the game (though I guess I really just flat-out don't give mice. I eat them instead). It is
far
more important to figure out who the scum are, and that's what I'm doing.

[quoteYou and Glork =/= Everybody, despite that you seem to be playing the game as if that were the case.[/quote]
Primate wrote:Btw, on reading, I pretty much agree with Glork on most things and Zindie on pretty much everything.
Nai, Goofy, nor IH have said anything about it, as far as I can tell (and I personally take their silence as an agreement with what we're telling you to do). I daresay, however, that the insistence of the three people most confirmed as town (Glork due to several scum investigations and Miztef's investigation on him, Primate due to his death and me due to my death) would be a rather convincing thing.
To me, a claimed cop is a lot more important than a claimed doctor. IF scum want to kill one of you or IH, they'll have to deal with the 50/50 chance. I am not assumign anyone is anything until they turn up dead with their role revealed. I am pleased that you have no problem doing the exact opposite, but, whatever.
Glork is a claimed Cop. A claimed Cop who has led us to the death of one scum and very likely to the death of another soon. IH is a claimed rolecop who has led us to...uh, thinking Glork is town? I daresay that the continued existence of Glork is far more important to us than the continued existence of IH. For that purpose, it is quite simply the optimal play to protect me, as that'll buy Glork another night, and, if IH dies and comes up town, it'll finally completely confirm him.
Skruffs wrote:The favor would be You, Zindaras, for no less than sixty days, placing the below quote in your signature, on all accounts, on this website, immediately after I am revealed to be town.

"I'd rather play a game of Mafia with Skruffs than save a car full of kittens from drowning."
I see no point in doing something that has nothing to do with this game.

Vote: Skruffs, Vote: Skruffs

I see no point in putting Theo at Lynch-1.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Ha, thanks.
THe idea is we unvote between testings to keep Theo from getting too close to being lynched, but we need a modcoun before we can do that.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:19 pm

Post by Carbon Copy »

Why even vote Theo for it? We might as well vote others. If anyone votes Theo, he's put at Lynch-1 now.

As long as we don't vote Theo or Nai, voting anyone is okay.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:39 am

Post by Skruffs »

Mostly because Theo is the known scum, and if someone should be accidentally hammered, it should be him?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

Carbon Copy wrote:
Wait, wait, lemme think.
Maybe it's the fact that he's scum. Because, you know, scum don't usually get a kill of their own on top of the group's kill.
That's not what I said. And that's not what you said.
Here's what you said:
"And, to be honest, you have not given me a speck of reason to trust your claim. I see absolutely nothing. What, you blocked Theo from killing?
Yeah, right. Theo couldn't kill to begin with
. All your claim did there was back up his Vig claim.
vs
Zin wrote:
Because a Vig who fails to kill so many nights in a row tends to look fairly suspicious.
For all we know, Theo *has* been killing though, just not the people he claims to be targeting. Or at least attempting to - I am not trying to say that Theo tried to vig DGB and I stopped him. It is far far more likely that he attempted to kill Glork and I protected Glorf. Well, and you protected Glorf. I know I protected him, I trust that you did, too. The alternative is that you are scum fake claiming a doctor's role or something, but, I'm not going to consider that, anymore. While I personally don't like being accused for having the same gift you have, and the way you are going about it seems too flagrant to be town, you do have the benefit of being 'cleared' in any but the most bastardly modded games. I do not, despite having a cop investigation on me. Doest hat make you happy? Continuing on..
Zin wrote: Your targets were Phoebus (until he died), and afterwards Theo, right? You have stated on multiple occasions that you may have blocked Theo. That backs up his claim.
You seem to be insinuating that me and theo, as scum, decided to have Theo no-kill in an attempt to say that I roleblocked him as vig.
Note how Skruffs again completely misrepresents what I'm saying. I'm saying that you are not a Blind JoaT and that you don't have a roleblocking ability. I'm also saying that Theo isn't a Vig and doesn't have an extra kill.
But you said earlier that Theo *Can't* *kill*, which is why I was confused about what you think is actually going on. HA! You said "misrepresents". So I am not a blind joat. With that being out in the open, what would be the point of me sayign that I was? What are you really getting at? You are saying stuff and then trying to shut down conversation when I ask for clarification.
Zin wrote:
Then me and theo would immediately bus each other the next day, with me also saying I protected glork...
You never intended to claim you protected Glork. You intended for him to die. You thought something else had happened and tried to claim responsibility for Glork's survival, thereby putting your hand into my little mouse trap, which snapped shut nicely.

And now I'm going to eat you. ^_^
Odd. I'm a bigger kitty than you are, Zindaras. SO you don't think I received the doctor's gift at all? Even though I claimed to have received a gift the day before - even saying that I thought that the gift probably made DGB more likely to be town? Even being fossed by you for trying to figure out if your gift was more helpful to one side or another? All of that... was that all just scummy breadcrumbing? Or... is it possible.. that you are wrong? *gives Carbon Copy a chair to sit down on* Think about it.
Zin wrote:
Death godfather means "Shows up as town upon death while really scum". Just like death miller means "Shows up as scum upon death while really town." rather than "Shows up as miller upon death."

And, seriously, a role which always wins the game? Yeah, I was going to really do my best with
that
role.
Interseting, you actually didn't say that wasn't the case, you just was sarcastic about my suggestion of it. There are siblings roles where one sibling is a good guy, one is a bad guy. It is entirely possible that these two sibling roles could have survived if they made it to the end two, regardless of their alignments (blood thicker than water and all that). Nobody else has any interest in commenting or thinking about it, so I will drop it, but the suggestion is a valid one, wether it is true or not. And I don't think I suggested that you were a town-miller mafia. That's actually kind of the opposite of what I would expect.
Zin wrote:
Theo never killed anyone. Nai claimed responsibility for the only kill in the entire game that is not explained as Mafia kill. Your claim backs up his claim because, this way, he can get away with not killing anyone.
I was inferring that since we know he is mafia, he did the mafia kills.. come on, work with me here. You can read that far into my posts. Why would you assume I meant that THeo had the ability to additionally kill or vig-kill? This is just bizarre.
Zin wrote:
Note: Skruffs completely ignores my point. Instead, he simply states I'm being useless and that he is trying to figure out the game.

I don't give a mouse about the game (though I guess I really just flat-out don't give mice. I eat them instead). It is
far
more important to figure out who the scum are, and that's what I'm doing.
What point did I ignore? When did I say you were useless? I believe that part of my post was acknowledging that you were going to harp on me for the rest of the game. It's unfortunate, because if I do die, and turn up town, nobody will be able to hold you accountable for it, nor will they want to, bu that's the way the game is set up, and that's fine. Meanwhile, there are a lot of loose ends, pieces of yarn if you will, and following them will helpfully lead to scum, rather than just proudly climbing on top of my head and claiming it for Kittenland.
Zin wrote:
You and Glork =/= Everybody, despite that you seem to be playing the game as if that were the case.
Primate wrote:Btw, on reading, I pretty much agree with Glork on most things and Zindie on pretty much everything.
Nai, Goofy, nor IH have said anything about it, as far as I can tell (and I personally take their silence as an agreement with what we're telling you to do). I daresay, however, that the insistence of the three people most confirmed as town (Glork due to several scum investigations and Miztef's investigation on him, Primate due to his death and me due to my death) would be a rather convincing thing.
So you do count Mistef's investigation as valid? However, GLork investigation on me is valid. Okay. :)
Primate, Goofy, and Theo have pretty much abandoned the game at this point. It's nice that you pulled up one of PRimate's two posts today to use to refute my point but Nai and IH have posted a LOT more than the rest of them combined, and you're just ignoring them because they aren't cleared, even though you are using one of their investigations as paert of the reasoning why Glork is cleared. (right :D)
Zindaras wrote:
Glork is a claimed Cop. A claimed Cop who has led us to the death of one scum and very likely to the death of another soon. IH is a claimed rolecop who has led us to...uh, thinking Glork is town? I daresay that the continued existence of Glork is far more important to us than the continued existence of IH. For that purpose, it is quite simply the optimal play to protect me, as that'll buy Glork another night, and, if IH dies and comes up town, it'll finally completely confirm him.
But Glork is already confirmed - and IH pointed out (as mistef) his investigation on Glork yesterday, during the Pooky debate, and voted along side Glork against Pooky based entirely on his vote. Didn't he? Yes he did. I would say the continued existance of two cops is FAR mroe important than the continued existance of either doctor. And if you do die tonight, then at least we still have two results in the morning, and the game MIGHT be over, which means glork won't even have to worry about anything tomorrow night, anyways.

It's entirely possible that IH is fake-claiming his way around, but regardless of who I protect, you are protecting Glork, so Glork is safe. If you die, I will protect him the night after - and if Glork dies that night, then I get lynched, as scum, which means his investigation (if he dies) is nto needed anyways. Relax.
Zindaras wrote:
Skruffs wrote:The favor would be You, Zindaras, for no less than sixty days, placing the below quote in your signature, on all accounts, on this website, immediately after I am revealed to be town.

I see no point in doing something that has nothing to do with this game.
Then I revoke your tiger membership and force enroll you into the Mafia Yellow-Bellied Chicken Club. BU-GOCK!

It would have a lot to do with this game. It would tell me that you are honestly pro-town and just completely sure that I am scum, rather than some possible mafia just trying to get someone killed. You are balking though, which points a lot mroe to the latter than the former.

[/quote]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:12 am

Post by Skruffs »

MOD: MOAR ATTENTION PLZ

Also, I would like it everyone called him Chicken Zkindaras from now on.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Skruffs »

I just realized something..
'Pooky", in the comic strip, is Garfield's teddy bear. >.<
Pooky, in this game, was garfield. I wonder if roles were not-randomly assigned?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Skruffs stop posting so many words and die plz.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by bertrand »

Copy-Pasted Vote count:

theopor_COD (3, -2): DrippingGoofball, Nai, Glork
DrippingGoofball (1, -4): theopor_COD
Skruffs (1, -4): Carbon Copy
Last edited by bertrand on Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Glork »

Er... does Carbon Copy not have a vote at all?

Sorry, I fixed it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Skruffs »

now *that* is interesting.