Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:41 am

Post by Off the Mark »

he quacking, flapping, swimming thing that sounds, looks and moves like a duck could just very well be a duck.
The only way the ssf bandwagon moved along as a result of being correct is if Pie and kilm are the other 2 scum, and I can't accept that. I also can't accept a quick bus when scum has a chance to win today with a mislynch + a good night for them. There is still a good chance that ssf is the SK.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:19 am

Post by Dasquian »

What if Pie and
petroleumjelly
are the other two scum? In any case, I already said how scum might well bus ssf - they may well not want to bank on having a good night, and so must play defensively to ensure they get neither lynched nor NKed.

At this point, ssf is posting elsewhere and hasn't put in nearly the kind of effort I'd have hoped for to save his skin. I don't know whether this is out-of-game laziness or a deliberate choice, but either way it's not making me a happy Dasquian :(
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:48 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I am pretty confident pj is town.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:48 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I guess SK is a possibility too, for pj.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:42 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Dasquian wrote:At this point, ssf is posting elsewhere and hasn't put in nearly the kind of effort I'd have hoped for to save his skin. I don't know whether this is out-of-game laziness or a deliberate choice, but either way it's not making me a happy Dasquian :(
I'm keeping up with this, and I'm not posting, although to be honest, I don't know why... There's something about this game that is making it incredibly difficult for me to actually think of words to say...

I will, however, say that I am slightly disturbed by Dasquian beginning to create cases on other players (namely PJ) based on the assumption that I'm scum. DO NOT WANT. =P
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Dasquian »

...only as a response to OTM's conviction that the way the voting's gone means you can't be scum. If I wanted to build a case against pj, it wouldn't be as naive as "didn't vote for scummy ssf", although that might well feature. It certainly wouldn't be a premature "isn't voting for ssf who I think is scummy".
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:48 am

Post by gorckat »

vote: OTM

Both times he voted me, he does it as an "experiment" or to see "where this goes". The first time he was convinced he was wrong and shot over to flea (then string). I do not see it as impossible to be bussing- if string bailed on him, he's got to cut his losses (I was in a similar spot Newb 310 until MoS replaced Seol.)
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I am not experimenting anymore, my friend. Hypothesis confirmed by Pete D's behavior.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I do not see it as impossible to be bussing
So you think I stayed up in the middle of the night and posted a huge PBPA on my scumbuddy which made him look guilty to everybody else? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Feeling pretty good about this vote on gorckat now.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:20 am

Post by gorckat »

Off the Mark wrote:Scum can do great pro-town analysis too, ya know. Especially when townies legitimately look scummy.
Then it follows that they can bus a partner via analysis when it suits their own survival, especially when the partner is scummy looking.

Funny how that second, experimental vote on me was done while I was out of town (granted- I had hoped to post while away).
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Off the Mark »

It follows that they
could
, but it doesn't necessarily follow that they
would
. That is a different analysis.

I had no idea you were out of town when I voted for you. It didn't factor into my decision.

It's kinda funny you are arguing that superstring was scummy, and that scum would bus him. YOU voted him too, you know. But I'm pretty convinced he's actually town now, based on the bandwagon, and on this comment:
ssf wrote:I will, however, say that I am slightly disturbed by Dasquian beginning to create cases on other players (namely PJ) based on the assumption that I'm scum. DO NOT WANT. =P
Major townie vibes there.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:26 am

Post by gorckat »

I still think he's good for scum. Just with you now.

Why wouldn't scum say exactly what flea did?

What's the difference between that and you saying 'gorc and pete are scum' (not a dircet quote, but very close I'm sure, without going back to quote something specific)? He has a problem with Das looking for pairings that make sense given he hasn't been hammered, but you can do it yourself?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Off the Mark »

gorckat wrote:He has a problem with Das looking for pairings that make sense given he hasn't been hammered, but you can do it yourself?
Yep. :D
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:04 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

*posting in-between classes*

SSF, just set aside a single freaking real-life day for this
one
game. It is
not
that difficult to read through this game - it takes two to three hours to read it in detail, and you've been in the game for about 18 real-life days now - bordering on three weeks.

I'm also getting a vague impression that OTM and Gorkcat are playing "hot potato" with SSF; they keep tossing him around as each others' scum-partner, but they are each voting each other and
not
SSF. This is being noted because it lessens the likelihood that OTM and Gorkcat are scum together - if that were the case, it would make much more sense for them to vote for SSF, the "common" suspicion from each of them.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I don't think ssf and gorckat are scum together. Not at all. I think gorckat and Pete D are scum together.

I just wanted to point out to gorckat the hypocrisy of his argument, since he was so intent on insisting that ssf could be scum and scum could be bussing him.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by gorckat »

Off the Mark wrote:
gorckat wrote:He has a problem with Das looking for pairings that make sense given he hasn't been hammered, but you can do it yourself?
Yep. :D
Yah. Hypocrite is I.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Different reasons though. Plus I'm tired of arguing with scum.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Your case is far from made, in my eyes at least. I'd like it if you could explain those reasons - your "I'm right and that's all there is to it" attitude isn't going to be enough to get my support, at least.

In any case, right now, I want to know why the pressure isn't still entirely focussed on ssf. superstring was by far and away the best lynch candidate before he got replaced, and ssf
really
hasn't done anything to change that. There may be merit in cases against pete d and gorckat, but I'm not sure why they're worth drawing attention away from ssf who is lurking and apparently getting away with it.

Also, I liked pj's last post, fwiw.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:23 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I have tried to play "convince the town" in this game before, and it never works out well. I feel I have made the evidence pretty clear. If other townies don't agree and don't want to vote for gorckat, that's their problem, not mine.

Just look at the voting pattern, and you'll see what I see. I don't expect to convince you Dasq, as you are still the most likely 3rd scum in my book. Superstring/ssf is the perfect easy target for today's mislynch, from a scum perspective.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:37 am

Post by gorckat »

Das- I'm more than willing to be the hammer on flea. I think OTM is just as good a candidate.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Dasquian »

Off the Mark wrote:Just look at the voting pattern, and you'll see what I see. I don't expect to convince you Dasq, as you are still the most likely 3rd scum in my book. Superstring/ssf is the perfect easy target for today's mislynch, from a scum perspective.
Yeah, you see, I know you're wrong about me being scum which in turn completely undermines your credibility for your vote. A mild OMGUS, if you like, but with a serious point - I'm sitting here thinking, if I can get labelled as "most likely 3rd scum" simply for vocally disagreeing with you, why shouldn't I think your 1st and 2nd are just also townies who said something you didn't like at some point?

I don't think your voting patterns are convincing on their own. I don't think your hypocrisy helps your case. I don't know why I should think gorckat is scummy when you're being pulled up on inconsistencies and double-standards and refusing to answer for them.

Added to all of that, ssf's accusation that I was setting pj up for a scum pairing is totally off-base anyway (which, I note, you were happy to support - apparently he's back on your town list, now?). If I'm going to point out potential pairings, I'd say you and ssf look pretty good right now.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I'm not as sure about you, Das, that's why I said "most likely." You seem to be over-questioning my theory and throwing suspicion in my direction and - most tellingly - trying to accuse me of being scumbuddies with superstring without really thinking about what that
means
regarding my previous actions. Therefore it makes sense for me to have you near the top of my suspicious list at the moment.

But like I said, I could be wrong about you, but I'm pretty sure I'm right about gorck and Pete.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by pete d »

OtM wrote:Actually, yeah, I do. I had had recent suspicions of gorckat too, so it wasn't inconceivable that I'd vote for him, for the sake of starting a bandwagon. I explained that when I voted him.
But you had a problem with it. You even helped change my mind.
But now when I see the whole pattern, I don't trust you anymore.
(emphasis added). Feels like you're trying to blame me for changing your vote. As for you having had recent suspicions, you had moved gorckat up to Neutral iirc, but still had superstring and Nanook as suspicious, they were'nt posting.
OtM wrote:I never felt that good with my vote on gorckat, but I felt we needed a bandwagon to get more reactions. When I read Pete D's post, I thought, "yeah... why am I voting gorck right now?"
OtM wrote:The only way the ssf bandwagon moved along as a result of being correct is if Pie and kilm are the other 2 scum, and I can't accept that. I also can't accept a quick bus when scum has a chance to win today with a mislynch + a good night for them. There is still a good chance that ssf is the SK.
Why not {ssf / pie / PJ}. I could see that.
OtM wrote:Plus I'm tired of arguing with scum.
I'm a bit tired of arguing with you as well. Funny thing is, despite your arguments, I'm not really seeing you as scum at the moment, based on my opinion that ssf is scum, your analysis on string and your votes on him / ssf are points in your favour.
OtM wrote:You seem to be over-questioning my theory and throwing suspicion in my direction and - most tellingly - trying to accuse me of being scumbuddies with superstring without really thinking about what that means regarding my previous actions.
Your theory SHOULD be over-questioned, because we are in a critical situation. I agree with the latter part of this post, regarding your previous actions towards string.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:26 am

Post by gorckat »

I was skimming back to see if OTMs earleir actions towards string exclude bussing. I didn't see anything in his posts alone, and looked back to the mass-claim talk. string had claimed and flaked. It was a week before OTM's PBPA, and he could have decided he'd be better off clearing himself as much as possible.
kilmenator wrote:
Off the Mark wrote:I've never been clear on the whole "benefits of a massclaim" idea... this is only my 4th game. Can someone break it down for me?

Won't mafia simply all claim townie? How does that help us?
Sometimes the roles have something in common or some sort of flavor, or something that will help us know the claim is true, and usually scum, well not usually, but sometimes, scum will claim power role and take a chance, and then there could be a counter,
with three deaths last night, we know we have killing scum, prolly vig, and prolly a sk.
So it will narrow it down quite a bit.
Is it just me, or does anyone else see something wrong with the bold?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Off the Mark »

No. Are you trying to say she was implying she was not a vig? I see nothing wrong with a cop saying "we might have a cop" for example.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”