St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4750 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

Also explain why you are still alive, as conftown steven universe, for about 5 days now? The only player who would have any motivation to keep you alive as scum is Mastin2.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4751 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 4750, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Also explain why you are still alive, as conftown steven universe, for about 5 days now? The only player who would have any motivation to keep you alive as scum is Mastin2.

Present your case. There's an obvious reason why we're alive found in Titus' rant when she gave up, but you know ... if you want to appeal to us it will take logic and sound logic at that. Trying to tell us that you took no actions last night when we say you tried to kill Mastin is maybe the first thing you want to try and explain.

Oh, and we know why we're alive... MaxwellPuckett got lynched just before strong man would have been available to kill us.
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4752 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:34 pm

Okay, good point.

Now is not the time to be stubborn though. I don't care if you think I am scum, but saying that you wont take your vote off me under any circumstances is what really worries me. The same one sidedness led us to mislynching Grapes.

Xtoxm (who I would be voting immediately were I actually scum) or Mastin2 have a 50% chance of being mafia from my perspective. Pretty sure Mastin2 and me were confirmed, and it wouldn't be unreasonable for Yellow Diamond to be a godfather, just saying.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4753 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:35 pm

They both look scummy to me too. Xtoxm for his association with Titus, and Mastin2 because of meta, posts, and apparent scum strategy.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4754 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:39 pm

I'll humor you.

VOTE: unvote

Please show where Mastin was confirmed as "yellow diamond"

Love, Drixx
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4755 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I'd humor Constantine listing reasons for Xtoxm, not so much for me, though.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4756 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:13 am

In post 4752, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Okay, good point.

Now is not the time to be stubborn though. I don't care if you think I am scum, but saying that you wont take your vote off me under any circumstances is what really worries me. The same one sidedness led us to mislynching Grapes.

Xtoxm (who I would be voting immediately were I actually scum) or Mastin2 have a 50% chance of being mafia from my perspective. Pretty sure Mastin2 and me were confirmed, and it wouldn't be unreasonable for Yellow Diamond to be a godfather, just saying.

Good point? What do you mean, good point? Are you referring to the strongman death right before he could haget killed us as a good point? Why is that a good point TO YOU.

I'm interested, masin in hearing what he has to say about either one of you, if for no other reason than being entertained.

Also, constantine, referencing grapes lynch as a defense of some sort is blatant fearmongering. Grapes made an objectively scummy play, AND contradicted himself in the same day, AND took a mislynch of leeway away from town. It would be absurd if his play were to occur and then he were to live to lylo.

Especially as a claimed miller.

Anyways, yesterday you wanted xtoxm lynched. Why? Did his decision to not vote you somehow sway you from your previously held position?

-Cerb
Show

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4757 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:23 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 4753, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:They both look scummy to me too. Xtoxm for his association with Titus, and Mastin2 because of meta, posts, and apparent scum strategy.

Wtf is this. If I have a link to Titus it's because she intended it. But please, explain.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4758 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:09 am

Still waiting Constantine, but not for much longer. It takes only moments to recall the truth, but an eternity to fabricate a fiction that will convince anyone.

1.) Why do you claim you didn't do anything last night when we already said we know you visited Mastin? If it wasn't a kill attempt, what were you doing?

2.) Please show us where in the game you and Mastin were "confirmed"; Special emphasis on the Mastin is "Yellow Diamond" please.

3.) Why does Godfather matter for anyone besides you, since you are the only person alive who has a claimed cop investigative on them?

Failure to address these questions will be viewed as admission of guilt. You could just save us a lot of time by giving up like Titus did when she realized she was caught and it was hopeless.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4759 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:10 am

Oh, I forgot something:

4.) Why did you refuse to create an alliance with Mastin like we asked you to?

Love,
Drixx
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4760 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:48 am

Please show where Mastin was confirmed as "yellow diamond"

Assuming the last scum is Yellow Diamond

Good point? What do you mean, good point? Are you referring to the strongman death right before he could haget killed us as a good point? Why is that a good point TO YOU.

Because it defeated my argument. It legitimizes why you are still alive. I was thinking Mastin2 was the only one with motivation to leave you alive as scum.

Wtf is this. If I have a link to Titus it's because she intended it. But please, explain.

A lot of it had to do with the distance and nature of your interactions when they did happen.

1.) Why do you claim you didn't do anything last night when we already said we know you visited Mastin? If it wasn't a kill attempt, what were you doing?

Your information is wrong. I did not do anything last night. What is this information based on?

3.) Why does Godfather matter for anyone besides you, since you are the only person alive who has a claimed cop investigative on them?[/quote]
It should matter to you, since the only way I am scum is if I am a godfather. Too bad I didn't confirm my role earlier.

Also my mod confirmed "Rave" flavor doesn't exactly scream Homeworld Gems.

4.) Why did you refuse to create an alliance with Mastin like we asked you to?

To control the game. The last person I allied with was MaxwellPucket.

Titus hardtunneled me (not her meta is we were scumbuddies) and Maxwell put me as his top scumread along with xtoxm.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4761 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Mastin is not a gem, or we would have fused with her. Instead we allied.

Want to talk some more about how she is probably a gem?

You didn't answer all our questions and your defense is the opposite of impressive.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4762 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Xtoxm is scum then.

What question didn't I answer?

I was defending myself or trying to enlighten you?
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4763 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:33 pm

I shouldn't of listened and stayed on Grapes. We could of ended the day yesterday.

VOTE: Xtoxm

I buy that mastin2 is not scum. Even without method of deduction, xtoxm has a really scummy play which I have been pointing out the past couple of days.
Also, if you are going to defend Mastin2, at least accept that there are more reasons to townread me than her.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4764 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:53 pm

In post 4763, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:I shouldn't of listened and stayed on Grapes. We could of ended the day yesterday.

I buy that mastin2 is not scum. Even without method of deduction, xtoxm has a really scummy play which I have been pointing out the past couple of days.
Also, if you are going to defend Mastin2, at least accept that there are more reasons to townread me than her.

Xtoxm has 74 posts. Please present your case. Saying someone is scummy isn't going to convince us. Show us what you believe we missed.

Furthermore; there is precisely one reason to townread you: a claimed innocent result from a slot that was lurking, got replaced, claimed cop and gave the innocent and then was killed and apparently janitored. You already pointed out that Godfather is a reasonable assumption, so you have already undermined the only reason to town read you.

But again, since we are humoring you, please tell us why you should be town read. Please refer only to
your
posts and actions. We don't care what anyone else said at some other point in the game. Show us from your pool of posts and actions why you should be townread.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4765 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Yeah, I'm done being played around with. The joke isn't that funny.

It's on you RR. If you think I am scum, then vote me so we can get this over with. I already know where this is going.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4766 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:54 pm

In post 4765, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Yeah, I'm done being played around with. The joke isn't that funny.

It's on you RR. If you think I am scum, then vote me so we can get this over with. I already know where this is going.

You say that Xtoxm is scummy. We're asking you to show us why.

We have already had our say to Xtoxm about how his low level of interaction with the game has left us very little by which to read him. But unless you can produce something we missed, there are things that make him unlikely to be a member of the group of scum which we have thus far seen flips for.

• Firstly; Titus rolecopped Xtoxm at our request. If he were third party, she certainly would have told us to gain credibility with us. Instead, she reacted with violent outrage that we asked her to "waste" her rolecop just to confirm that Xtoxm was what we already knew him to be. This was before we gave any indication whatsoever that we mistrusted them, and there is nothing at all that reads as non genuine about the reaction. If Xtoxm were part of the group, he would have told them what he claimed to us, and she could have easily relayed that to us without any emotional outburst, thereby "confirming" Xtoxm as having claimed honestly to us.
  • Secondly; Xtoxm is logically not scum for the same reason that Mastin is, which we covered when we caught Titus' slip. Mastin and Xtoxm were given our identity on day three. We were confirmed to them, but they were not confirmed to us. If either were scum, then that means the game was designed such that, apart from sheer luck, whomever got the Steven role would die on night 4. So to argue Xtoxm as scum, you are basically arguing that Varsoon is
    really
    bad at designing mafia games.

Despite the above; we are actually quite interested in any case you might have. If you are actually town and have found something in Xtoxm's play or words that we missed ... you have the obligation to show us what we missed.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4767 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:26 pm

^

The above was Drixx.

Thirdly; TW, upon discovering that xtoxm and mastin's roles were "identical" to her, save for a modifier, attempted to convince us that one of Mastin or xtoxm HAD to be scum, and thus we should lynch them to find the scum that must be within that set.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4768 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:23 pm

In post 4765, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Yeah, I'm done being played around with. The joke isn't that funny.

The post below was us genuinely asking you to show us where Xtoxm looks scummy. There were only 74 (mostly very short) posts to go through, so that wasn't a difficult request.

And if you feel like you should be town read, it is incumbent upon you to show why we should read you as town, based upon what
you
have said and done. If you are town, you are obligated to play to your win condition, and you should be able to go through 74 posts to put a scum case that you have been pushing for weeks together very quickly, and you should be able to point out how you helped town with your actions and words.

So, if you turn out to be town, I'm going to argue that you played against win con. We gave you the time and practically begged you to show us what we missed in 74 posts that makes Xtoxm scum instead of you. You just refused to do it, which is super anti-town.

In post 4764, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 4763, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:I shouldn't of listened and stayed on Grapes. We could of ended the day yesterday.

Xtoxm has 74 posts. Please present your case. Saying someone is scummy isn't going to convince us. Show us what you believe we missed.

Furthermore; there is precisely one reason to townread you: a claimed innocent result from a slot that was lurking, got replaced, claimed cop and gave the innocent and then was killed and apparently janitored. You already pointed out that Godfather is a reasonable assumption, so you have already undermined the only reason to town read you.

But again, since we are humoring you, please tell us why you should be town read. Please refer only to
your
posts and actions. We don't care what anyone else said at some other point in the game. Show us from your pool of posts and actions why you should be townread.

Quoted this just for posterity. We combed through the game looking for reasons to posit Mastin and Xtoxm as scum. We talked through what assumptions needed to be made for each of them to be scum, as well as what evidence for and against those assumptions existed. We also evaluated you in the same way. Even so we took the vote off you and gave you all the time you wanted and just asked you to make your case for who was scum and make your case for you being town.

You can't blame us for your refusal. We said we would take your refusal to answer our questions as your admission of guilt.

VOTE: St. Constantine the Hermit <---
This vote will not be changing. Xtoxm and Mastin: please just vote and be done with it one way or another. This particular situation, which we assume is MYLO, does not afford us the luxury of a no lynch because we cannot guarantee that Mastin would have a vote tomorrow, while she does today.

@All - It has been a fun game with a lot of ups and downs. It was enjoyable to play with you all. Thanks, and I'm sure I speak for both Cerberus and myself when I say we invite any advice on improving our play.

Love, with warm milk and cookies,
Drixx
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4769 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Alright.

I'm sure the town will blame me for not following paranoia if this is wrong, but at this point, I've gotten used to it.

VOTE: Saint Constantine the Hermit.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4770 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:26 am

It's paranoia all the way around Mastin. Godfather paranoia, or "masonry" paranoia. It just happens that the godfather paranoia is supprted by more than the "masonry" paranoia, although that's more by virtue of lack of content from xtoxms slot than anything else.

-Cerb
Show

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4771 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, hi.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4772 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:43 am

Hi. Are you just not going to vote today xtoxm? Is there something more you want to discuss?

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4773 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:37 am

It's not even lack of content (although having so few posts makes it really hard to have a firm read on someone). Early on Xtoxm was critical of scum who weren't yet being scumread by others. In hindsight that's either fantastic or a huge reason to worry. Unfortunately, when I told him to start talking or face the noose, he was offended. I really do wish he would look from our perspective: everyone is looking to the IC to decide, and we are combing through everything trying to make the right decision, and we read his ISO and he was questioning MP before anyone else was seriously on it, and he was questioning TW before we caught the slip, and then just kind of goes into prodge mode after that.

The question has been, all along, whether that was a low quantity, high quality town poster who was onto scum before anyone else, or whether that was scum who was putting posts in place for later cred. Logically it is much more likely to be the first, which is what we concluded, although it seemed quite fair to give SCtH some rope and let him actually do something and make a case rather than a bunch of "no don't look behind that curtain. There's nothing important there." theatrics, and he apparently decided to fashion a noose and put his own head in.

What's confusing is that Xtoxm showed up, and had the opportunity to hammer, and didn't. Why?

1.) If he's scum and hoodwinked us ... then hammer and savor the victory.
2.) If he's town ... what's the deal?
3.) If he's neutral ... does he have something he needs to do before the game ends?

I've kind of exhausted the what ifs ... so what's up Xtoxm?

With much Love,
Drixx
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4774 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:40 am

I spent all of yesterday trying to get xtoxm lynched, and you convinced me to vote for grapes

You can't explain why people are scum in this game. When you know, you fucking know, and if you don't, you eventually will if you keep playing.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”