Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Steven, we are not like the no home boys. We are literally standing in your home right now."
-Pearl,
On the Run

"Aw, I wish I was a no home boy. No past, no future, just the open road!"
-Steven,
On the Run

VOTECOUNT 8.0

Not Voting (5):
grapes, Reasonably Rational, Mastin2, Xtoxm, St Constantine the Hermit

With 5 Alive, it takes 3 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2015-10-02 22:40:00)
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:33 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Please Please Please none of you place a vote on
anyone
until we ask for it. Grapes has an ability that is WAY too dangerous to take any chances. The Constantine slot is especially worrisome to us on that count.

There's a small narrow margin of doubt about Grapes, but he has to be lynched this day phase regardless of anything he might say to excuse what he did yesterday
because
of what he did yesterday:

1.) First said he wanted out of the game and that lynching the claimed Miller before end game was the right move.
2.) Placed his own survival in the game ahead of any other concern
3.) Ended the day early with no warning, resulting in town having not prepared for the larger alliances
4.) In doing 2 and 3, he contradicted his own expressed desire and (correct) assertion that a miller has to be killed before endgame.

• Putting your own survival ahead of other concerns is the action of the final member of a scum team.
  • Saying one thing and doing another is a reliable scum tell
  • Screwing up planning alliances when they can be at their most powerful is obviously anti-town.

My guess is: his plan was to get fuzzy mislynched, then kill someone (probably Nic, which is who we see dead), then push for a Constantine slot lynch and then kill someone (Presumably Xtoxm) and that would leave Us (RR), Mastin and him left in LYLO ... and everyone who has vote related abilities has said their vote mechanisms don't work in the end game, so either he is lying and he could instantly double vote in LYLO to win or he is assuming Mastin wouldn't have a vote and he would thus end game us.

We screwed up his plan by logically clearing fuzzy, and from outside appearances we were working out a way for Fuzzy to clear Xtoxm, which would confirm him (grapes) as scum and so he had only one play to make yesterday: End the day early and hope he can figure out some miraculous way to smooth talk his way out of it today.

We're pretty sure we'll win when we lynch Grapes, but if somehow despite all the evidence against him, he is town ... he destroyed a guaranteed town win (no way for us to lose once we cleared Fuzzy as the remaining possible scum could all be lynched before they could endgame town) just to keep himself alive... The verbal evisceration he would receive from me if that ends up being the case will be legendary. They'll be telling stories and mythologizing it for years to come.

But that's probably not going to happen. Grapes just made a spite play and should be lynched with prejudice. We're going to vote him now, but we would like the rest of you to think for yourselves if you agree.

If you somehow come to the absurdly difficult to believe conclusion that Grapes is town, which we would find incredibly ridiculous, please withhold voting on anyone else and instead post your case against whomever and let others comment. Grapes can instantly end this day if any vote is placed on anyone but him.

VOTE: Grapes

Love,
Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:39 am

I realize I may not have put this into context well enough. When we cleared fuzzy logically yesterday, we had 3 possible scum left (Grapes, Constantine, Xtoxm) and the last one, Xtoxm, would be much more likely to be a neutral party than part of the scum team we've seen. We also had 3 Lynches remaining, assuming no night kills get blocked. As long as one of those 3 lynches hit scum, we were guaranteed to win.

Grapes, out of pure selfishness, decided to unilaterally end the day and mislynch someone who was logically cleared as town and therefore moved the game from a guaranteed town win to being possibly in doubt. It is not now possible to lynch all possible scum candidates. We only have room to be wrong once now, instead of the margin of two mislynches we had before Grapes did what he did.

So vote Grapes for the win, once you process and realize we're right.

Love, with warm milk and cookies for victory,
Drixx
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

That makes this easy

VOTE: Xtoxm
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:13 pm

UNVOTE: xtoxm

Xtoxm can easily end the day by voting Grapes. You need to unvote too.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:25 pm

In post 4704, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:UNVOTE: xtoxm

Xtoxm can easily end the day by voting Grapes. You need to unvote too.

Except grapes is scum. It's basically either him or xtoxm, xtoxm STILL doesn't make sense as the last member of the scum team, and grapes played in an anti town fashion and contradicted himself yesterday. I don't mind some discussion in case we're somehow wrong, but grapes is dying today because, as he said himself, you shouldn't let a miller near lylo.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Xtoxm doesn't have the ability to double vote, ergo if Xtoxm voted for Grapes, that would be L-1. As has been the case all game, you are just spouting nonsense.

@Mod - Constantine failed to pick up his prod and was in the process of being replaced. I request that he be force replaced and I request that you talk to the list mods and have him given an non-voluntary break from games on site since he came into the game and posted and could take a wrecking ball to this game after you announced he was being replaced. He should not be posting in this thread since you announced he was being replaced and as far as I can see never rescinded that announcement.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:31 pm

@Mod - Unless of course he contacted you within 24 hours of his final prod, via PM, as the rules describe. If he did so, then I have no ground to ask him to be removed and disciplined for breaking site rules.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:31 pm

I wasn't aware you had to pick up prods. I did acknowledge it though.

Really though, keep dramatic
bolded
messages to the mod in your outbox. All you are doing is making me want to get defensive, so if you have something to say to the mod, only say it to the mod.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:33 pm

I am a bit uninformed on the site wide activity policy, so any rules about prods need to be explained to me, because I wouldn't understand them otherwise.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:34 pm

Anyways, I am worried that Grapes could be scum. I just am not as worried about him as Xtoxm.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:36 pm

The rules are there for everyone to read. You did not respond to your prod, and if you did not PM the mod by 24 hours from the timestamp (Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 am, which is Central time US), then the rules say you're out. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse, and if you should not be in the game, then you
definintely
should not be putting other people's huge investments of time at risk because your idea of fun is trolling every game you play on this site. You came into the thread when all reasonable expectation was that you were being replaced, so since you are busy trolling us in the thread, I see no reason to make my request private.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:38 pm

In post 4709, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:I am a bit uninformed on the site wide activity policy, so any rules about prods need to be explained to me, because I wouldn't understand them otherwise.

Perhaps you should read the first posts by the game moderator when you join a game? Then you would know the rules for the game, including the requirement that you respond within 24 hours of his prod. From what you have said, it seems that you did not do so.

In post 4710, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Anyways, I am worried that Grapes could be scum. I just am not as worried about him as Xtoxm.

This is what I'm talking about when I say you apparently are on this site to troll people. You clearly haven't been keeping up with the game state.
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I never submitted or announced anything regarding his replacement.
I sent St Constantine their final prod for this game on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 am.
Rules as written, any player may be replaced if they fail to post in-thread within 24 hours of being prodded by me.
The seventh game day-phase ended on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:50 pm.
St Constantine sent me a PM regarding their alliance shot, which I took as an indicator that he desired to continue to play the game.
I will not be force-replacing the slot at this time. If St Constantine goes for another 72 hour period without posting in the game thread, then they will be force-replaced, as per policy.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4714 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:39 pm

@Cerberus

Not sure how you have more knowledge of Varsoon's messages to me.
I think I contacted him 8 hours or so after the final prod with my desired night actions, so I am almost certain that I am still in this game.

Out of common courtesy though, you honestly need to keep complaints about specific players private. Nothing I do justifies making "myself" into a public issue.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4715 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:41 pm

Xtoxm has been a scumread of mine the whole game. His association with Titus made me consider lynching him a lot after her flip.
He also was one slippery bastard who avoided death more times than can count. I saw fuzzy as a counterwagon to him twice.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4716 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:41 pm

In post 4710, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Anyways, I am worried that Grapes could be scum. I just am not as worried about him as Xtoxm.

Prior to yesterday, xtoxm, by play, was scum more than grapes....but that changed with grapes hammer and contradictory posting yesterday.

-Cerb

Pedit: none of the stuff about force replacing you was me, drixx, tag yo posts home. <3
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4717 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:48 pm

In post 4714, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:@Cerberus

Not sure how you have more knowledge of Varsoon's messages to me.
I think I contacted him 8 hours or so after the final prod with my desired night actions, so I am almost certain that I am still in this game.

Out of common courtesy though, you honestly need to keep complaints about specific players private. Nothing I do justifies making "myself" into a public issue.

Cerberus didn't make any post regarding your prod. I was under the impression you were gone from the game because Varsoon said nothing about you responding and still being in the game at the day start. Given that you put out a vote that could have let Grapes end the day, when it was unclear to me whether you should even be posting in the thread, I see no problem with asking the question publicly. Prod requests are frequently made publicly, as are requests to replace problematic players.

If you feel singled out, maybe you could take some time to read the game before you risk everyone's time with your trolling. The only reason you aren't already lynched is because a slot that claimed cop said you are not scum, and that slot got killed by scum which makes their claim pretty solid.

The reason Xtoxm hasn't been lynched is because of logic that says he cannot be on the scum team along with all of the flipped scum we have already seen. If you had kept up with the game even at a surface level you would know that.

If you were at all paying attention or had read the thread from yesterday, you would know that Fuzzy was logically cleared as town, and Grapes intentionally mislynched him, contradicting his (grapes) own prior assertion that he wanted out of the game because it was just on cruise control to win and that he agreed he should be lynched because of his miller claim.

In other words, you do not appear to have even the tiniest idea of what has happened in the game. You seem to simply enjoy trolling people, and if you don't change your behavior soon, you are going to just become a WotC lynch in any game you join. You can be mad all you like. I'm just telling you the plain truth. Do with that what you will, but know that I hope you'll stop with the trolling and actually play games in a way that won't just irritate everyone you're playing with.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4718 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm not mad. Just a bit frustrated at the number of times I get disrespected on this site.
Not sure what I did to deserve this, but I try to treat others with the same consideration and regard, as I would expect for myself IRL

Believe me too, if I were intentionally trolling, this is not how I would go about it. I really think Xtoxm is scum!
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4719 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:56 pm

In post 4715, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Xtoxm has been a scumread of mine the whole game.

Here's why Xtoxm is a bad scum read, since you apparently just skipped reading it earlier in the game:

1.) Xtoxm learned our identity on Day 3
2.) The scum team had a role that could permanently keep us from forming alliances or fusions, meaning that even if Ricastle hadn't killed Tunnel Warriors, we could not have avoided death that way.
3.) The scum team had a strongman they could only use on night 4 and night 8 and (if the game somehow went on that long) night 12.
4.) We were able to trigger being IC on day 5

If Xtoxm (or Mastin) were on the scum team, then the design of this game would be completely broken. It would be impossible for us to survive to the point where we could become IC without a ridiculous amount of luck. Fuzzy was, in fact, partially cleared by the fact that scum tried to use him to stop MP from being lynched on day 4.

Since it is completely irrational to assume Varsoon had such a glaring broken piece in his game, and since everything is quite elegantly put together when you assume it's not broken (Mastin and Xtoxm are not on the scum team), the probability of Xtoxm being scum approaches absolute zero. His play has been nearly as bad as Vezok's play was (Please recall that Vezok got his mod confirmed mason partner lynched on day one), but he simply cannot be on the scum team logically (outside of faction change, which is considered bastard and this game is not bastard: QED he cannot be on the scum team). He
can
; however, be a third party.

So hopefully you take my advice and start actually playing mafia instead of trolling people. The choice is, ultimately, up to you.

Love,
Drixx
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4720 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:59 pm

In post 4718, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:I'm not mad. Just a bit frustrated at the number of times I get disrespected on this site.
Not sure what I did to deserve this, but I try to treat others with the same consideration and regard, as I would expect for myself IRL

Believe me too, if I were intentionally trolling, this is not how I would go about it. I really think Xtoxm is scum!

If people in all your games are "disrespecting" you ... does it seem more likely that we are all just terrible people who bully new people, or is it more likely that people are reacting to something you are doing? I'll be quite happy to quote all the things you've done in this particular game that have come across as you just trolling, if you like. I'm sure pretty much the entire player list would be willing to help you. Things get heated occasionally but for the most part the folks on this site would much rather show someone what they do that irritates people and help them become a better player than to chase people away. There are a few exceptions, but they are in the minority.

You cannot possibly believe that Xtoxm is scum given what we know. It's completely irrational. This would have to be a broken and/or bastard game for Xtoxm to be scum.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4721 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:02 pm

@Drizzx

The set-up would not be broken by having your identity outed. Anaylzing scum strategy is also a dead end for me when it comes to deciding lynches.

I think it is pretty clear that by Xtoxm's posts, he is more likely to be scum.
Of course, he could be town and grapes could be scum, but I think it was you who said we should make decisions based on what is likely, and not what is unlikely.

If grapes was scum, the best argument is his hammer of fuzzy, but I don't buy into that being a contradiction. At worst it was staged, since there was obvious buildup.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4722 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:03 pm

I don't want to keep discussing my behavior. I have some concerns about a number of players in this game, but I was pretty adamant that other human beings should not be made into "public issues" in a game.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4723 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:04 pm

I wish pisskop were here.

Drama Sniper 2.0
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4724 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:08 pm

In post 4721, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:@Drizzx

The set-up would not be broken by having your identity outed. Anaylzing scum strategy is also a dead end for me when it comes to deciding lynches.

I think it is pretty clear that by Xtoxm's posts, he is more likely to be scum.
Of course, he could be town and grapes could be scum, but I think it was you who said we should make decisions based on what is likely, and not what is unlikely.

If grapes was scum, the best argument is his hammer of fuzzy, but I don't buy into that being a contradiction. At worst it was staged, since there was obvious buildup.

You're right in that the setup wouldn't be broken by having our identity outed, but...trust me, the game has ELEGANCE. All those parts flowed together in a beautiful way, that's super awesome, and I can't imagine that it was arbitrary or just designed to fall apart deliberately, and that's just what outing who we are to scum prior to the grand D5 conftown reveal does. That's capricious and I don't believe for a second it's what happened. The only reason why we didn't end up destroying the whole plan accidentally is because WE GOT LUCKY and happened to lynch the exact scum who would have wrecked things right when they would have started wrecking them. You can't plan for town getting lucky, and you don't put together interlocking pieces like we have in this game and just smash them apart unless the town gets lucky.

Xtoxm could be third party. That's it.

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”