xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:20 am

Post by xofelf »

HA OR XOF CANT MATH/TYPE. 1/3rd I meant >.>

Basically, I want less than half... so for your specific game, ACTUALLY it should be 6 or 7.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

fiiiiiiiiine
green shirt thursdays
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:40 am

Post by xofelf »

<3

There's a reason why I want it less than half. And that is because often people miss pre-in periods and if it's like half the game, then it's entirely possible they will miss out on a game they really don't want to.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:44 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Still plenty of pre /ins for me to push around the fairground on my carnie cart. GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT! er... actually refrigerated, so you don't all melt.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

You can't do your job until you have a subtle pink name.
To be clear: quack
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:15 am

Post by xofelf »

IM WORKING ON THAT ACTUALLY.

Take it up with management.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:40 am

Post by Radja »

I want to announce a game I will be running in the future.
13 players
Flavor to be announced
Will be having a fair amount of twists.

Will be looking for a co-mod with following qualifications at one point:
-Has to be in the US Timezone
-Will need to be able to do small graphic stuff(like avatars), which is not my strong point
-Has modded at least one game before, as I have not.
-is awesome <3

Feel free to apply :)

The main twists have been designed. But still basically "idea phase".
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:14 am

Post by xofelf »

Will be added into queue. :)
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:04 am

Post by pickemgenius »

ok so.

stay with me for like two seconds.

at some point. whenever I get around to writing all the shit, I intend to run...

THE GENIUS:
(insert whatever I decide here later)

This is in REALLY REALLY EARLY STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT, and realistically I would like this to be as
LIVE
as possible. Honestly, that'll probably be the biggest hangup I can think of.

Here is an episode of THE GENIUS, to have a sense of why I REALLY REALLY would like this to be as live as possible.

Right *now* This is planned for 13 people as on the show. HOWEVER, this could be altered however I see fit. More people, less people. WHO KNOWS.

I'm working on it. That's all. It's way far away from being anywhere near where I'd like it to be. But it's being pecked at every now and then.

So I guess the message here is... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It's coming along whenever it comes along.

this may or may not be anon/run off site. it might be a mixture of both. WILL DECIDE LATER.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:11 am

Post by xofelf »

Just so you all know what is going on right now, both Battle of the Bands and Super Vanilla Survivor are getting prepped for signups and whatnot. Because BotB is first in queue, if they are ready, they will go first. If they are not, Super Vanilla will be going as they are the next game in the list that is prepared enough to go and mods have time to run it.

I am quite heavily considering running concurrent games IF there is a large enough playerbase to support them. Same thing also applies to staggering signups/game starts. So watch this thread because odds are pretty high that I will be creating some sort poll in order to figure out if that is a thing people want, and we have the numbers to do. Also disscusssss.

Additionally, Reck's idea on how to run the queue based on if games have interest and will fill is kinda great. So I will be looking into ways to implement that. For now, open discussion on it please.

Also, not going to be implementing anything new or switching threads until the position change is official with name change and forum powers that go with it. But WHEN I do have all that, there will be a new thread that is JUST queue and game updates and only about games. Any discussion can go right here as I will leave this open.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:04 am

Post by DeathNote »

If the games are small enough, I am all for overlap. However, I don't think large scale games should have a game running alongside it. Arkham being a good example of that.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:20 am

Post by xofelf »

If you're talking about the delays that happened during game between challenges and TCs, that was a MECHANIC choice. Not because there was another game going. That wouldn't affect another game at all. We used to run multiple games all the time. And the only snags are making sure you don't have live challenges going on at the same time. And that's a lot easier to manage as long as mods aren't playing a game at the same time, so that scheduling can still happen without revealing anything to people.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

these graphics & avatars are gonna be so kawaii
green shirt thursdays
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I don't think concurrent games are a good idea. Some players will try to play both; this will end badly. If that is not permitted, it will still at best result in both of the relevant games having lower quality casts.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Klick »

I agree with that, but couldn't find the words to put it with. We have a very limited supply of contestants as is, so splitting into two running games at a time will only weaken signups.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by JDodge »

In post 563, Cephrir wrote:I don't think concurrent games are a good idea. Some players will try to play both; this will end badly. If that is not permitted, it will still at best result in both of the relevant games having lower quality casts.

Personally I prefer letting people decide for themselves what they are and aren't capable of as more intelligent policy than attempting to babysit them, but that may just be personal preference.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by JDodge »

In post 564, Klick wrote:I agree with that, but couldn't find the words to put it with. We have a very limited supply of contestants as is, so splitting into two running games at a time will only weaken signups.

Did you not read the part where she outright said "if our playerbase can support it"?
stream

Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by Axxle »

I'm for concurrent games. If players have a history of overextending, mods should take that into consideration when choosing their players
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Cephrir »

The mods wouldn't know whether players were in both games, which at best creates a mess of people knowing who is in what games
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Staggered game signups is the way to handle concurrent games, just FYI.
green shirt thursdays
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 566, JDodge wrote:
In post 564, Klick wrote:I agree with that, but couldn't find the words to put it with. We have a very limited supply of contestants as is, so splitting into two running games at a time will only weaken signups.

Did you not read the part where she outright said "if our playerbase can support it"?

Um... yes, I did? I just know from participation in said playerbase that it can't.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by JDodge »

In post 570, Klick wrote:
In post 566, JDodge wrote:

Um... yes, I did? I just know from participation in said playerbase that it can't.

Did you not read the part where it said "in the future"?

Do you feel that the playerbase can only shrink? Because I can say from running the Song Contest that things with any playerbase on this site are A) seasonal, and B) in constant flux. There is no basis nor intelligent reason to assume a complete lack of growth in the future.
stream

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Klick »

Did I say this would be a problem in the future? xof said she would make a poll and said we could openly discuss. I was expressing that this would not work right now.

Is this just an argument for the sake of having an argument? Because that's what it feels like.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by xofelf »

Discuss things nicely please. No sniping at anyone from anyone today. xoxo <3.

Right now I'm just considering alternate options to increase overturn and decrease times between games IF that's what people want AND we have the people for it. I want to know what people want and think. However, it IS the players themselves who decide whether they can handle multiple games if that does happen.

I will say now, whichever game runs first here, any decision about whether we will start staggering signups or have concurrent games that the queue applies to will not happen until AFTER that game starts. Right now I just want to get something started as soon as we can. So we can get the queue more organized and running again. This transition period has stalled things long enough imo.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 561, xofelf wrote:If you're talking about the delays that happened during game between challenges and TCs, that was a MECHANIC choice. Not because there was another game going. That wouldn't affect another game at all. We used to run multiple games all the time. And the only snags are making sure you don't have live challenges going on at the same time. And that's a lot easier to manage as long as mods aren't playing a game at the same time, so that scheduling can still happen without revealing anything to people.

Oh no, I was simply stating that Arkham is a large game where as Super Vanilla looks like a smaller game. I would want something like Arkham starting on its own and something like Super Vanilla to possibly stagger start with another game.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.

Return to “Social Game Archive”