Mini 473: Urban Dead Mafia! Barhah! (Over)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I, too, am perplexed as to why camisade would neglect a vote or even so much as an FoS on he player he clearly suspected as scum. I think the most likely reason is that he tried to address one of the major flaws in Darko’s play style, the reason for which he was getting voted, and that is Darko’s defiance to contribute meaningful discussion. Valiant effort, but nonetheless frugal.
Well, +1 to me.
What he may have been trying to say was that Darko’s argument summed up to "I'm useless so don’t vote me!" which was indeed scummy because of the defensiveness, but camisade was still not ready to vote him. I admit, this is a bit of a stretch, and if it weren’t for the fact that I know for sure camisade is townie, I would be siding with Albert right now.
Thank you. +2 to me.
You stated earlier that you found it suspicious of camisade that he did not vote Darko despite his suspicions of him. But now, when Darko does vote for camisade, you call it distancing? So no vote = scummy, and vote = distancing = scummy. Is there not a bit of a double standard here?
I'm calling him out on wishy washy voting, attacking darko and in the next breath defending him. A townie would more likely commit to one stance then to move back and forth as the popularity of their target rises and falls.
Negative. He was accusing you of bandwagoning (adding coal to) camisade without original reasons other than the one puffin gave. Take a look at Darko’s 65:
Ask yourself why he did this. Were the reasons of his vote not strong enough ? It seems incredibly shifty and scummy for him to attack player a, and then attack player b because player b attacked player a.
Ok. So when Darko protects camisade, he’s scummy. When he attacks him, he’s also scummy.
Its the rapidity at which he changes his stance as soon as a couple votes pile up or go off that jumps at me.
Since Darko ahs been consistently defending Hjallti and attacking you, it must also follow that Hjallti is a scum buddy. Correct?
Bollocks. Scum want to distance from each other and buddy up with townies. Consistently attacking me could result in me getting lynched, which would be bad for him if I were his partner.

Consistently defending Hjallti will result in being associated with Hjallti if and when one of them dies, which is good for him if Hjallti were town.

Attacking, defending, attacking then defending camisade is indicative that he has to place himself in a position that depends on the town's stance of camisade. If the town finds him townie, he will attack his partner. If we find camisade guilty, he will defend him. Classic scum behavior.
And doesn’t it make sense that scum would be pro-lynch, i.e. trying to lynch?
Absolutely not. This makes me even more sure that you are scum. The town's only surefire method of fighting scum is to lynch. If we don't lynch, scum gets an advantage. I really hate how you are trying to confuse the town with huge posts where half consists of agreeing with my accusations of you, and the other half with false claims and misdirection.

Confirm vote d3sisted
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Quite obviously we stand from different perspectives on the issue, but your thickheadedness does suggest something about you being scum.

perhaps the rest of the town would like to step out of lurkerdom and weigh in?
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Claus »

Not before the weekend. Sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:14 am

Post by pulsewidth »

d3sisted wrote: What he actually said was this: "My reason for posting this was to draw up discussion, considering this game was basically at a standstill and it worked a little at least. And now I'll Unvote." I think I’ll let you guys decide whether that bore any resemblance at all to what pulsewidth was insinuating.
Uh, my statement was entirely accurate. Why are you trying to make it look it like I am distorting things? The vote wasn't generating very much discussion and camisade admits it:
camisade wrote:I continued to read this thread after I made my post and intentionally didn't post
to see how much discussion would show up but there wasn't too much.
d3sisted wrote: "Why should I have kept my vote? Its not like it was making Hjalti say anything." He saw no reason to keep the vote on Hjallti because (1) he did not suspect her and (2) she was not responding to the pressure anyway. Note, the intent of camisade’s vote on Hjallti was not to provoke response from her, but to provoke response from everyone else in the thread.
Wrong again. He wanted to provoke discussion from Hjallti. Hell, you quoted the part where he said "It's not like it was making Hjallti say anything." Clearly, he wanted a response from Hjallti. Also, you are contradicting yourself here. You say that camisade didn't keep his vote on Hjallti because he wasn't responding to the pressure (how could he, he was away for 10 days?), but you then say it wasn't camisade's intent to provoke a response from Hjallti? Does not compute. I still maintain that if it was his intent to provoke discussion from SOMEONE, he should have voted someone who was active.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:19 am

Post by d3sisted »

Ok follow me here: the
intent
was not to get Hjallti's response but everyone else's response. However, that vote on Hjallti was likely to draw attention from the votee himself. That said, when he responds to the criticisms, he mentions both aspects, that it neither drew much discussion from the other players nor from Hjallti himself. Quite obviously, he was not aware of Hjallti's V/LA post.
pulsewidth wrote:camisade, I'm still not liking your explanation for that weird vote on Hjallti early in the game. You said that the reason you voted was to provoke discussion, and then unvoted because it wasn't generating very much discussion AND because Hjallti wasn't responding. But Hjallti posted a couple of days before that he would be on very sparingly over the next 10 days, so why would you expect responses from him? If your goal was to generate discussion, why not put a vote on someone who was being more active?
He doesn't unvote
because
there wasn't any discussion, he unvotes because this was just a ploy he's using, and the vote on Hjallti was not serious. At any rate, I am willing to bet you would be on his case all the same if he had kept that vote.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Great ploy....
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:08 am

Post by d3sisted »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Great ploy....
I know eh? :wink:

poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:11 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

Just got internet access in my dorm, will post tonight after a few stiff drinks.

Sorry everyone.
Show
jhawk01B: you go to lynch becca
somestrangeflea: This better be good!
somestrangeflea: NO!
Mertrodome: haha
poppinpuffin: hahahahh!!!
jhawk01B: and she escapes
jhawk01B: NIGHT
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:34 am

Post by d3sisted »

Look. Rather than posting to tell us you're going to post (which you've done harsh 3 or 4 times now) why don't you actually wait till you have the time, and just post? Right now it looks to me like you're just lurking in plain sight (or whatever the terminology is).

Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Smashy »

Remember that deadline I promised?

Non-Retractable Deadline: Monday 8 PM EST

Vote Count/Prods in a little bit.
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Smashy »

Vote Count

Zodiac - 2 - Hjallti, Claus
Hjallti - 2 - Zodiac, d3sisted
d3sisted - 1 - Albert B. Rampage

Still Swaying: pulsewidth, poppinpuffin

With 7 Alive, 4 will lynch. Zodiac is at risk of the deadline lynch due to reaching 2 votes first.

In prodding news: Zodiac has been prodded.
Zodiac
Zodiac
Goon
Zodiac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Zodiac »

Claus wrote:
Zodiac wrote:
Claus wrote: Zodiac - opinions on the game other than "Hjallti sucks"?
Okay, SirTornado (or whoever replaced him , wasn't it Kira or sumthin'?) i think might be scum. Just a gut feeling.

Got to think of more, but now can't..
Ok. I think I got your line of thought about the game now.

vote: Zodiac

Do you have a gut feeling about me too now?

:-/
Okay, i'd like to know the meaning of this vote.
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

d3sisted wrote:Look. Rather than posting to tell us you're going to post (which you've done harsh 3 or 4 times now) why don't you actually wait till you have the time, and just post? Right now it looks to me like you're just lurking in plain sight (or whatever the terminology is).
You know.
Moving all my shit from my old house to my new house and then again from my new house to my dorm room. I'm sorry that I dont have the time in between packing and driving 4 1/2 hours to Buffalo to make a post in a mafia game. I like to be as polite as possible to let my fellow gamers know the nature of my absence, as to alert them that I am not blowing them off, rather having an actual life.
I won't apologize for that.
Next time I won't tell you why I dont post for a few days, if you prefer.
Show
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

I just noticed something on a re-read. d3sisted voted Hjallti for protecting darko even after his "blah, blah, blah" post (I did the same thing, but I was satisfied with Hjallti's reason, hence my unvote). Yet camisade did basically the same thing, trying to get darko to explain himself.
d3sisted wrote: Look back on Page 7. I still consider Hjallti making an avid attempt to defend rather than an attempt to delay the lynch as she claimed.
darko, 166 wrote:
A METRIC FUCKTON OF MEANINGLESS BULLSHIT
After this post, Hjallti still tries to "explain" to him. Given what Darko says in his post, it's a wonder why anyone would still want this guy around.
camisade wrote: Darko's arguement sums up to "I'm useless so don't vote me!!" which could just be scum trying to keep himself in the game. I'm not voting for him yet (this might be WIFOM but darko's post seemed really defensive to me)

I'm glad that things picked up quickly though. Because you asked us to ask you questions darko:

What do you think of Oman? Do you think the scumtells he sees in you are valid?
d3sisted wrote: I think the most likely reason is that he tried to address one of the major flaws in Darko’s play style, the reason for which he was getting voted, and that is Darko’s defiance to contribute meaningful discussion. Valiant effort, but nonetheless frugal.
So, camisade tries to give darko a chance to contribute something meaningful, which is basically what Hjallti tried to do (except more blatant), but apparently Hjallti, not camisade, is scummy for doing so. I realize that d3sisted's case revolves more around Hjallti still trying to help darko after his "blah, blah" post, but it doesn't change the fact that camisade was attempting to help darko also. His vote seems hypocritical to me. I don't like it. Given camisade's connection to darko and ABR's case, I believe this all adds up to d3sisted being scum.

Vote: d3sisted
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
And doesn’t it make sense that scum would be pro-lynch, i.e. trying to lynch?
Absolutely not. This makes me even more sure that you are scum. The town's only surefire method of fighting scum is to lynch. If we don't lynch, scum gets an advantage. I really hate how you are trying to confuse the town with huge posts where half consists of agreeing with my accusations of you, and the other half with false claims and misdirection.

Confirm vote d3sisted
QFT

FoS d3sisted
Show
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by d3sisted »

pulsewidth wrote:I just noticed something on a re-read. d3sisted voted Hjallti for protecting darko even after his "blah, blah, blah" post (I did the same thing, but I was satisfied with Hjallti's reason, hence my unvote). Yet camisade did basically the same thing, trying to get darko to explain himself.
d3sisted wrote: Look back on Page 7. I still consider Hjallti making an avid attempt to defend rather than an attempt to delay the lynch as she claimed.
darko, 166 wrote:
A METRIC FUCKTON OF MEANINGLESS BULLSHIT
After this post, Hjallti still tries to "explain" to him. Given what Darko says in his post, it's a wonder why anyone would still want this guy around.
camisade wrote: Darko's arguement sums up to "I'm useless so don't vote me!!" which could just be scum trying to keep himself in the game. I'm not voting for him yet (this might be WIFOM but darko's post seemed really defensive to me)

I'm glad that things picked up quickly though. Because you asked us to ask you questions darko:

What do you think of Oman? Do you think the scumtells he sees in you are valid?
d3sisted wrote: I think the most likely reason is that he tried to address one of the major flaws in Darko’s play style, the reason for which he was getting voted, and that is Darko’s defiance to contribute meaningful discussion. Valiant effort, but nonetheless frugal.
So, camisade tries to give darko a chance to contribute something meaningful, which is basically what Hjallti tried to do (except more blatant), but apparently Hjallti, not camisade, is scummy for doing so. I realize that d3sisted's case revolves more around Hjallti still trying to help darko after his "blah, blah" post, but it doesn't change the fact that camisade was attempting to help darko also. His vote seems hypocritical to me. I don't like it. Given camisade's connection to darko and ABR's case, I believe this all adds up to d3sisted being scum.

Vote: d3sisted
Rofl, you are a moron.

Look in my profile. Read my name. Now answer me this: does it say camisade? Or does it say d3sisted?

I don't give a shit how my predecessor acted, I don't give a shit for how badly he played. If I think Hjallti is scummy, I'm going to vote him. Albert at least has brought up a decent case against me, but your vote is the worse yet.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by d3sisted »

@poppinpuffin: Sorry if I was a bit harsh, but these were really starting to get on my nerves:
poppinpuffin wrote:Just got internet access in my dorm, will post tonight after a few stiff drinks.

Sorry everyone.
poppinpuffin wrote:COLLEGE MOVE IN DAY!
will post when I have my new computer.
poppinpuffin wrote:(internet works now.)
poppinpuffin wrote:My internet is still not up at my new house.
Will be posting sporadically for the next 24 hours or so until my dad fixes it.
poppinpuffin wrote:Hey guys I'm in the middle of my move and won't have internet in the new house until some time in the future. I will not need to be replaced, but am just letting you know that I can only post at other people's hijacked computers.

pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:18 am

Post by pulsewidth »

d3sisted wrote: Rofl, you are a moron.

Look in my profile. Read my name. Now answer me this: does it say camisade? Or does it say d3sisted?

I don't give a shit how my predecessor acted, I don't give a shit for how badly he played. If I think Hjallti is scummy, I'm going to vote him. Albert at least has brought up a decent case against me, but your vote is the worse yet.
"Hi, I'm d3sisted. I'm voting for Hjallti for defending darko. That's scummy! My predecessor did the same thing, but that wasn't scummy because it was a "valiant effort." And he wasn't scum because I have a PM that says so."

Great defense.
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:44 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

Which would you rather?
Me tell you when my internet is down or when I'm moving....
Or ask to be replaced?
Because I didn't have much of a choice.
Sorry to get on your nerves... It wasn't intentional.
Show
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:47 am

Post by d3sisted »

d3sisted wrote:I don't give a shit how my predecessor acted, I don't give a shit for how badly he played. If I think Hjallti is scummy, I'm going to vote him. Albert at least has brought up a decent case against me, but your vote is the worse yet.
What, are my actions now governed by the way my predecessors acted? Am I not allowed to vote anyone who gets defensive even when they are the scummiest thus far?

I also love how you hastily put one on at the mention of a deadline, with the classic "I just noticed something on a re-read".

The way I see it, he can't come up with a case on me to attack with, so he resorts to using camisade's actions as evidence, knowing full well that the only person who could possibly half decently defend, already gone and can't defend himself. Tantamount to punching a dead guy.

Poppin, I dunno about the others but I would've preferred if you just called V/LA for 10 days or whatever, and wait till everything is sorted out before sitting down and getting a content post out.

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:01 am

Post by Claus »

Zodiac wrote:
Claus wrote: Ok. I think I got your line of thought about the game now.

vote: Zodiac

Do you have a gut feeling about me too now?

:-/
Okay, i'd like to know the meaning of this vote.
Sure. It means that your only contribution to the game so far has been to spout WIFOM. You attacked back Hjallti for her attack on you. And when I asked you to contribute more, all you did was to FoS the other player who was voting you.

Now to my current opinion: next post
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:21 am

Post by Claus »

Ok, my weekend has been more active than I expected, so I just had time to re-read the last couple of pages.

I don`t really like the way that d3sisted has been defending himself recently. Some statements, like ¨are my actions governed by my predecessor¨ and ¨it is town to be anti-lynch, scum are pro-lynch¨ strike a never with me, because they are wrong - it is deceiving to try to separate yourself from your predecessor, and it is pro-scum to be anti-lynch.

I`m honestly unsure about all this. Both poppinpuffin and hjallti seem to be away for the duration of the deadline. So I`ll concede to Albert that he is probably seeing something that I am not, and vote d3s to put him on top of the lynch pile (I would just unvote, but that would put hjallti on top of the lynch pile, and not d3s).

unvote, vote: d3sisted
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Smashy »

With 32 hours until the Deadline hits, the Vote Count is currently...

d3sisted - 3 - Albert B. Rampage, pulsewidth, Claus
Hjallti - 2 - Zodiac, d3sisted
Zodiac - 1 - Hjallti

Still Swaying: poppinpuffin

With 7 Alive, 4 will lynch. d3sisted is now at risk of the deadline lynch.
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:18 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

D3:

I can understand not wanting to talk about your "predecessor"s faults and scumminess, however I must say that the distancing yourself from him makes you look really bad. why would you distance yourself? Because camisde looks like scum. The problem with this is that you ARE camisade. Not the you who might talk to me in scumchat, but your identity in this game is, effectually, identical to camisade's regardless of how well he played (or how you play). Furthermore, by doing this, I think you are admitting that you agree in some sense that camisade wasn't acting pro town.

Although I understand not wanting to defend someone else, I don't think you get the fact that YOU ARE that someone else. You live the legacy, fair or not. I wanted to believe you are protown, but you never actually made me feel that way.

If there's no response, I'm going to hammer and get this over with.[/ooc]
Show
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Look, I'm just going to say this now. I'm distancing myself from camisade because
he plays like a fucktard.
If I had replaced into any one of you guys, his lynch would be my top priority. It is not all that uncommon to see townies play scummy.

Replacing into camisade makes this game frustrating as hell. Poppin, even if you don't hammer, I'm just going to quote my PM and get modkilled. Once I'm gone, take a closer look at pulsewidth and claus for jumping on at the mention of deadline. Really note the fact that if they didn't jump onto me, Zodiac (or Hjallti) would've died.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”