'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Should have been
vote:Ectomancer
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:14 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Second Vote Count of Day Two:

Amb - 2 (Mastermind of Sin, GodOfWine)
The Central Scrutinizer - 2 (Battle Mage, HackerHuck)
Sudo_Nym - 2 (Crub, The Central Scrutinizer)
Mariyta - 1 (Arafax)
PookyTheMagicalBear - 1 (Mariyta)
VitaminR - 1 (Ectomancer)
Ectomancer - 1 (Yosarian2)

Not voting - 8 (AniX, Sir.Laggalot, VitaminR, Amb, -TinVision-, scmp, PookyTheMagicalBear, Sudo_Nym)

With eighteen present, ten votes will lynch.
Those who have not posted since daybreak have been prodded.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by Arafax »

Ectomancer wrote:@Arafax - Scum hunting would be nice. Speaking of you, I'm very interested that you didn't protest at all when we were getting ready to lynch The Fonz, despite the fact that his claim was similiar to yours. Why didn't you believe Fonz?
Because it was for the good of the town...As a matter of fact, I told you all that it was smart to lynch me given my unique situation.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

^^That doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me^^

Mind elaborating? You and he make a similar claim, you don't believe him. So ask the town to lynch you. I don't see the logic.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

Don't expect much content from me until Wednesday, as I'll be quite busy with a final project until Monday, and then I'll be out of town until Wednesday. I'll try and at least check the thread a couple times between now and then.
lol objective morality
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by Arafax »

GodofWine wrote:Mind elaborating? You and he make a similar claim, you don't believe him. So ask the town to lynch you. I don't see the logic.
I had what I thought was a unique situation (a vamp yet protown)...I assumed that others had a similar role being I was vanilla and IMHO that would be helpful info for the town to know...I was willing to have myself lynched for that helpful info.
- Emery
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Yosarian2 wrote:Actually, that's a (supposed) scum tell people reference all the time, calling the scum group by their specific name rather then the general term "scum", on the theory that people in that group are more likely to do so then townies. For example, look at Kingmaker I, where at least one person was attacked (incorectly, as it turned out), for using the term "Assasin" rather then "scum", even though it specifically said in the mod post that the bad guys were "assasins". So your whole argument here, that "town wouldn't do that", is pretty deeply flawed from the start.
Ectomancer, I was actually in this game. I had a discussion about this tell with Fuldu in which I argued that it wasn't as significant as he made it out to be (I still think this, it's a small tell). I was the Kingmaker.

I think Ectomancer is making way too much out of this, but I don't think it's with bad intentions.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

VitaminR wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Actually, that's a (supposed) scum tell people reference all the time, calling the scum group by their specific name rather then the general term "scum", on the theory that people in that group are more likely to do so then townies. For example, look at Kingmaker I, where at least one person was attacked (incorectly, as it turned out), for using the term "Assasin" rather then "scum", even though it specifically said in the mod post that the bad guys were "assasins". So your whole argument here, that "town wouldn't do that", is pretty deeply flawed from the start.
Ectomancer, I was actually in this game. I had a discussion about this tell with Fuldu in which I argued that it wasn't as significant as he made it out to be (I still think this, it's a small tell). I was the Kingmaker.

I think Ectomancer is making way too much out of this, but I don't think it's with bad intentions.
That's actually more telling and a better read than Yosarian's example. If you were recently involved in such a situation, then it would be more fresh in the top of your mind, so your comment would make sense.

unvote

FYI, there is now a WIFOM situation upon my (imminent)death that should be avoided. If I die, it doesnt mean I was right and scum was trying to shut me up, but also it doesn't mean I was wrong. I mention this to avoid this discussion if I get targeted.

@Arafax - You are right. I nearly always believe you are scum. It doesn't mean you aren't (yet)

For more information on why I make sure we are aware of the possibility of a cult; we cant assume innocent yesterday are innocent today. Once again, until we have evidence that supports it, you cant base your vote off of that, but it is a good idea to be aware of all possibilities.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Arafax »

Ectomancer wrote:@Arafax - You are right. I nearly always believe you are scum. It doesn't mean you aren't (yet)
Everyone always thinks that I'm scum....I apparently suck at the game....But I love it so much that I don't dare stop playing.
- Emery
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:58 am

Post by GodOfWine »

I understand your logic now, Arafax, but I don't see why admitting you had a similar role would really put you in too much danger of being lynched, especially not more danger than the Fonz was already in.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Arafax wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:@Arafax - Scum hunting would be nice. Speaking of you, I'm very interested that you didn't protest at all when we were getting ready to lynch The Fonz, despite the fact that his claim was similiar to yours. Why didn't you believe Fonz?
Because it was for the good of the town...As a matter of fact, I told you all that it was smart to lynch me given my unique situation.
This didn't answer the question. I asked why you didn't believe The Fonz. "Because it was for the good of the town" as a response makes absolutely no sense at all. That describes why you would take an action, not why you would come to a conclusion. There would be a reason why you thought his claim was untrue, despite you having a similiar role. So, what was the reason you didn't believe him?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

My internet is screwy, don't expect much in the way of posting until we get new internet soon.
Permanent V/LA.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Sorry for my lack of posting.

internet in canada is more lacking than I expected.

vote Ectomancer

because I don't like his speculation on how the scum work, it reeks of TMI
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Amb »

I am back from being away. Posting shortly.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Arafax »

Ectomancer wrote:This didn't answer the question. I asked why you didn't believe The Fonz. "Because it was for the good of the town" as a response makes absolutely no sense at all. That describes why you would take an action, not why you would come to a conclusion. There would be a reason why you thought his claim was untrue, despite you having a similiar role. So, what was the reason you didn't believe him?
I'm saying that I thought he was a good lynch because he had claimed a very similar role to mine...I can't really explain it into any more depth than that.
GodOfWime wrote:I understand your logic now, Arafax, but I don't see why admitting you had a similar role would really put you in too much danger of being lynched, especially not more danger than the Fonz was already in.
I claimed way before he did...You probably missed that being a replacement...I claimed my role first.
- Emery
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Mariyta »

For the record, I trust Arafax's claim. Like most people, I usually think he's scum, but he's been consistent and sensical from the start. I find it hard to believe that Ectomancer has that much trouble understanding Arafax. He seems to be deliberately confusing what Arafax is saying...

Unvote
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I'm going to go with a
Vote: Sudo_Nym

Not sure I like Pooky's Ecto vote. It's a bit opportunistic and I don't think all the flak Ectomancer is receiving is all that justified.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

so my vote doesn't deserve either an FOS or a vote because?

are you fishing for an attack on me?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I think Sudo_Nym makes a good lynch candidate for his actions today and yesterday.

Your vote doesn't sit well with me. I'm making a note of that. I haven't seen enough of you to determine whether I'd want you lynched. I suppose you could take that as a FOS.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I find it hard to believe that Ectomancer has that much trouble understanding Arafax. He seems to be deliberately confusing what Arafax is saying...
FOS Mariyta
This is just a very weak attack while you wait and see if anyone else joins Pooky against me. Get on the bus or don't, but quit trying to reserve a seat.

@Arafax - Here's the statement I think you are trying to make. "I was willing to be lynched to provide definitive information to the town that movie vamps are indeed town vanilla in this game. However, once Fonz claimed similiar, then it was better (for Arafax) to lynch The Fonz in order to provide that definitive information instead."

If that is what you mean, then I'm not certain that I agree with that move. You know that there were probably other vanilla town/movie vamps in addition to yourself that would know the story was true without needing to prove it yesterday.
I believe Arafax, but I want that wagon looked at for everyone else that claimed/will claim vanilla town. If they knew that information to be true, then there was no need for Fonz to be lynched and nothing would need to have been said. We simply would have never garnered the votes for The Fonz.

@Pooky - I would be disappointed if I didn't get a vote. I'm walking a tightrope here working things out and that will always arouse suspicion. It's not going to stop my speculating though, if that is what you are after.

Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by Arafax »

Ecto - You are correct in what you think that I am trying to say...Perfect.

I feel like the game isn't progressing as much as it should be for day2....Of course no death does not help that....I need to do a little more reading and see what I come up with.
- Emery
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I agree with a
Vote: Sudo_nym
right now. I'm not sure why he's speculating so much and not trying to hunt down who might actually be scum - or the cult leader - or whoever he thinks is really against the town. I also like how Mariyta caught his parroting. I think he's just trying to look helpful.

I'm leaning more on the town side for both Arafax and Ectomancer. I feel they've explained away the cases on them quite well. I also find BM to be pro-town, but I'm not sure if that soft claim of his will be harmful or not.
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:14 pm

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

I for one think that Ectomancer's actions are very townie. He is completely willing to sacrifice himself (I believe this because of how much provoking he is doing and his acceptance of votes against him) to reveal scum to us. I think that we need to turn our attention elsewhere.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:34 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I don't like your logic, Laggalot.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:12 am

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote: I don't like your logic, Laggalot.

Care to elaborate?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”