Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:31 am

Post by Ripley »

Aimee returns on Sep 1st 1 week from now. Presumably this means we can at that time start playing normally again.

IH is like the Mafia equivalent of an NHS bedblocker. He's been a major obstacle to progress in this game. He's been asked several times to stand down if he's not prepared to post regularly. Invariably he responds with a post or two followed by another long absence. I think this game has suffered him long enough and we should now be looking to replace him. Now would be a very good time so that the replacement could catch up by Aimee's return.

Skruffs: you can't really need me to explain why I'm not finding this game exciting. Surely.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:53 am

Post by Patrick »

I agree with the above post. I also demand more jokes about Skruffs's intellect.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

I don't find it all that exciting either, Ripley, hence the not-very-frequent posting, at first. However, I got over myself, and now I am playing. And when I play just to play, it becomes more interesting.

Patrick - C&H has more than enough "Skruffs is stupid" jokes to last four mini games.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:53 am

Post by Ripley »

Total posts made by IH in Mafiascum since Aug 11th: 311.
Total posts made by IH in this game since Aug 11th: 1. (1 sentence, incomprehensible).

Enough is enough.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I agree.
Mod - prods and/or replacements?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

IH has informed me that he needs to be replaced, which I will do posthaste. Aimee has been prodded. Once everyone is accounted for, I'll negotiate a deadline.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:38 am

Post by Aimee »

I`m still here. i was really wanting IH to respond to everything but this seems unlikely now. also, i will be back on saturday, with a bigger post definitely on sunday.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:36 am

Post by Skruffs »

The game really IS dying, now.
So we should probably get some one lynched to either continue it or end it. I don't like the idea of abandoning it, though.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Ripley »

Skruffs wrote:The game really IS dying, now.
So we should probably get some one lynched to either continue it or end it. I don't like the idea of abandoning it, though.
The game's certainly suffered a serious loss of momentum, and probably the quality of play won't be so good as a result. I've lost my grasp of the detail of what's happened and would need a seriously thorough reread, which feels like a real chore at this stage. But with Aimee due back in a couple of days it should be possible to kickstart things again. I think Patrick and I have pretty much been around throughout, and though it did seem to take you a long time to catch up properly, you've done that now.

I suppose it might be a problem getting a replacement for IH. We could always lynch him, I suppose. Or lynch the empty space where he used to be. That gaping, unfillable void. It would be a bit unsatisfactory lynching someone that wasn't here to defend themselves, but given his attendance record I don't know that we'd have seen much defense from him even if he'd still been playing. And abandoning the game wouldn't exactly be satisfactory either.

Anyway, let's see what happens with a replacement, and hear what Aimee has to say.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:32 am

Post by Patrick »

Still here guys. I wouldn't shed any tears if the game got axed, but yeah, with Aimee returning and a decent IH replacement, hopefully we can pick it up again.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Zindaras »

Patrick wrote:I agree with the above post. I also demand more jokes about Skruffs's intellect.
Skruffs is stupid.

It's funny because it's true.

>.>
<.<

Hai Patsy. Hai Ripley. Hai Skruffy. Haimee. I'll be replacing IH, who has so frightfully abandoned you all. It'll be a while until I get up to full speed, due to busy times in other games, but I should have it done by next week.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:25 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Just to make it official:
Zindaras replaces IH, effective immediately.

Official Vote Count
:

Not voting
(5):
everyone

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Ripley »

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you've had a chance to catch up.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

hooo crap, there goes my only friend.
Hi zindaras.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Aimee »

Hola Zindiebaby!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:39 pm

Post by Patrick »

Ah welcome Zindie. Who's the play?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:23 am

Post by Zindaras »

I'll get you that answer as soon as I reread the thread. In a vacuum, however, I'd have to say that it's Skruffs, because Skruffs deserves a brutal lynching.

I still haven't forgotten MoS and Newbie 293 and Two-Headed.

If there any other questions or specific things people want me to look for during my reread, I'd be happy to indulge you.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Ripley »

Zindaras wrote:If there any other questions or specific things people want me to look for during my reread, I'd be happy to indulge you.
Definitely not. If someone asks you to look out for something specific, I think that would automatically devalue any observations you made on that topic. I'd much rather you read the game with a completely open mind. I'm mildly surprised that you wouldn't rather do that too.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Skruffs »

I think he was asking more for things to keep notes of. IE, topics of conversations that his opinion, now, would be good to have.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Zindaras »

Skruffs wrote:I think he was asking more for things to keep notes of. IE, topics of conversations that his opinion, now, would be good to have.
Exactly.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Post by Aimee »

Any luck with that re-read, Zindie?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Same goes to you, Aimee.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Aimee »

I've had a read through of Day 2, and here are some things that were brought to my attention.
Aimee, 313 wrote:I'm here people. Today leaves us in an awkward situation.

I am suspicious of Simenon's third vote yesterday - I see that as quite opportunistic. His posts today also have a definite weird vibe.
Patrick, can you explain what makes you so uneasy about this post. You said that you weren't happy with my first post of Day 2 and this is it. What makes it scummy?

Also, whilst reading, I noticed in Post 347, I find it odd that when I pressed him about who he thought was scum, he said he connected the IH/Simenon, IH/Aimee theories so would pick IH. I find it notable that he doesn’t really do say anything that explains IH being scum other than this. Whilst this is still logical, I'm quite surprised he didn't point out anything IH had actually done that was suspicious. It reminds me a bit of IH's process of elimination that made me his rather randomly selected preferred lynch target.
Ripley, 310 wrote:Oh, and his pointless refusal to reveal an early scum tell he believed (wrongly) to have found caused a massive distraction that created a situation where it was very easy for people to vote the (innocent) Paradoxombie.
I find it interesting here that Ripley, who at the time on Day 1 had mentioned nothing about Simenon's refusal to reveal a scumtell, was now using it as a point against him. If it is so important, why didn't you mention it at the time? As Simenon does argue, “Why didn’t you mention it as distracting when it actually occurred...?”
Ripley, 306 wrote:And of course, maybe your efforts are halfhearted because you're actually scum, and you know there's nothing there to find.
Just like you seemed to know Jordan wouldn't get counterclaimed yesterday.
This was about Simenon. Yet even as scum, he wouldn't know Jordan was a power-role. As a result, I'm not quite sure of Ripley's point here. Maybe I'm over-emphasising the importance of semantics here, but it seems Ripley is over-accusing Simenon, as also voiced by my point above.

I'm still not sure why Simenon voted for Ripley - perhaps as the 'frustrated townie' idea came in, but nonetheless, I do see it as opportunistic and scummy, especially after Ripley did disprove basically his entire flimsy argument.

I'm also unsure why Skruffs is so against Patrick asking Jordan to claim. Skruffs, how is that an anti-town thing to do? I'm failing to understand this in any way.
Skruffs wrote:Lastly - you weren't hunting scum if you were trying to get a (now) known power role lynched.
This was said about me, concerning Paradox. But as I said above, even as scum I wouldn't know the power-roles. Which kind of defeats the whole purpose of your point here.

I don't have anything to say about IH at this point, other than the fact he never answered me about his so called Simenon town thoughts on Day 1. It's quite clear in my eyes that he was making it all up - he last pointed to the end of day 1, where he admitted earlier he had been lurking. Hmm.

And I'm also still not getting why it was so anti-town for Patrick to ask Jordan to claim. Ih was magnanimously in favour of this view point, but I never saw his argument conceptualise with any sort of brilliance. It remained rather flawed despite how he pushed it.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Ripley »

Aimee wrote:If it is so important, why didn't you mention it at the time? As Simenon does argue, “Why didn’t you mention it as distracting when it actually occurred...?”
As you say, this has been mentioned previously. And I had already responded:
Ripley wrote:I think it's perfectly reasonable to reconsider my thoughts about Simenon's play regarding his supposed scum tell, in the light of his subsequent actions and the knowledge that both Jordan and Para were protown.
Aimee wrote:
Ripley, 306 wrote:And of course, maybe your efforts are halfhearted because you're actually scum, and you know there's nothing there to find.
Just like you seemed to know Jordan wouldn't get counterclaimed yesterday.
This was about Simenon. Yet even as scum, he wouldn't know Jordan was a power-role. As a result, I'm not quite sure of Ripley's point here. Maybe I'm over-emphasising the importance of semantics here, but it seems Ripley is over-accusing Simenon, as also voiced by my point above.

Huh? If Simenon was scum he'd have known Jordan was town, and therefore telling the truth.

I've really lost interest in this game now. I'll play on if that's what the majority want, but my own preference would be to abandon it.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Patrick »

Aimee wrote:Patrick, can you explain what makes you so uneasy about this post. You said that you weren't happy with my first post of Day 2 and this is it. What makes it scummy?
I'm sure I already talked about this. Similar reason to IH's "this looks very automatic". I suppose just the hopping onto an obvious bandwagon (not a vote obv but the following is clear) and the nudging along on "Simenon is acting weird" which is an easy and vague way to throw suspicion on him.
Aimee wrote:Also, whilst reading, I noticed in Post 347, I find it odd that when I pressed him about who he thought was scum, he said he connected the IH/Simenon, IH/Aimee theories so would pick IH. I find it notable that he doesn’t really do say anything that explains IH being scum other than this. Whilst this is still logical, I'm quite surprised he didn't point out anything IH had actually done that was suspicious. It reminds me a bit of IH's process of elimination that made me his rather randomly selected preferred lynch target.
Process of elimination is a viable way of finding scum. I noted a connection between Simenon and IH (where Simenon inexplicably showed favouritism to IH around the deadline and couldn't really explain why). I suppose I didn't have much against IH on his own, although his lurking around the deadline I didn't like.
Ripley wrote:I've really lost interest in this game now. I'll play on if that's what the majority want, but my own preference would be to abandon it.
I think I'll second this.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”