WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:35 am

Post by WoodyWoodpecker »

I mean I made my username a cartoon character, obviously I have a sense of humor
Hey, keep your eyes up top ok? Don't look down here you pervert.
KarmicGuide
KarmicGuide
Goon
KarmicGuide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:14 am

Post by KarmicGuide »

In post 74, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 70, KarmicGuide wrote:I also think that your posts so far, about seashells, Nacho being a girl, about Demolition Man, might be intentional spam. You're trying to look like town by posting a lot, but posting a lot of nonsense doesn't help town.

You obviously don't have a sense of humor, noted. I do however. I'm.probably going to crack jokes alot cause that's my personality.

Calling me apologizing to nacho for calling him a girl as intentional spam is kind of a reach though don't you think? If somebody insulted you, wouldn't.you want them to apologize?

I don't think these posts by me make me look town, but they don't make me look like scum either. They just make me look like me. If somebody town reads me for making jokes, they are probably a bad player or scum trying to buddy me

The apology wasn't the post I thought was spam - just to be clear on that, good on you for apologizing. It was the initial "she," which I read as an intentional mistake based on Nacho's "you know this." If you say it was unintentional, I'll give you that one, then.

The reason why it's not bad play to call out someone for making "jokes" (or spam posts, or some combination of the two), is because the town is going for progress on day 1, while the mafia is going for the appearance of progress. Posting a lot of nonsense is a good way to make yourself harder to PBPA later, makes lazy people who look at postcount in a few IRL days think you're town, and generally obfuscates what the town is trying to do. It's a valid thread to tug on, and I'm tugging on it.

The way I feel right now, you seem as nervous as someone at L2, and you're not at L2. I can tell you hate this attention. You wanted to be the carefree jokester townie who shocks everyone by turning out to be scum all along, and you're pissed at how fast that's falling apart.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:34 am

In post 76, KarmicGuide wrote:The reason why it's not bad play to call out someone for making "jokes" (or spam posts, or some combination of the two), is because the town is going for progress on day 1

Scum can just as easily do that too, in fact it's much easier for scum to do that cause it makes them look like they are being productive, but actually arent.

I think that's called "look at me I'm so town"
In post 76, KarmicGuide wrote:The way I feel right now, you seem as nervous as someone at L2, and you're not at L2. I can tell you hate this attention.

What makes me seem nervous? The fact that I can defend myself and continue to play the game? Or is it the fact I called you out on the fact you called me defensive when I actually haven't been at all.

How can you tell I hate the attention when I actually don't hate it?

You don't make any sense
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 65, Garmr wrote:What do you think of nacho?????

I do not have a valid opinion on him yet - do you?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Fro99er »

@Mod: I need to extend V/LA one day further to tomorrow. Had some very important RL stuff come up just now.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@Thor, I meant RVS, not 'wasting time', but I totally messed up my sentence structure, so your response was understandable.

@Karmic, what makes Woody seem nervous? Is it the frequency, the content, what?

VOTE: Nacho

Response to Radja looked strange, didn't like the threat of a vote.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:51 am

Post by Radja »

Ok. Time to catch up.

-Looks like we have town Nacho. Yay!

Garmr wrote:But seriously never try to undersell yourself. It just makes me think your scum.

Garmr wrote:Because its like preping yourself in case you do something stupid

Garmr wrote:Aka you can use it as a excuse latter on only scum need that kind of excuse

I think you're taking that statement a bit too far. There's a difference between stating you're not a very good player and covering up stupid mistakes.

Nacho wrote:I'll vote you.

No you won't. You're town and I'm town. And you can read me like an open book. I think Woody is town. Do you agree?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Bellaphant »

why is nacho town, radja?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Radja »

His interactions with Woody and Ciara both give me a town vibe. I especially liked #60
KarmicGuide
KarmicGuide
Goon
KarmicGuide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:02 am

Post by KarmicGuide »

Bellaphant wrote:
@Karmic, what makes Woody seem nervous? Is it the frequency, the content, what?

VOTE: Nacho

Response to Radja looked strange, didn't like the threat of a vote.

It's partly a gut read, but here's what I think so far.

In post 13, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 11, zakk wrote:
In post 6, Bellaphant wrote:@zakk, what counts as not random?

If a vote is not sufficiently explained in the same post or a preceding post, or in certain cases, a subsequent post, it is considered random.

Nachomamma8 was given lenience because this standard was not fully explained, and because he explained his vote in a subsequent post.

I will add this to the ruleset directly to alleviate this issue in the future.

**The ruleset has been amended.**

But I like voting without reason. It's a great way to reaction test...

This game is gonna suck

I really don't know what the appropriate read on "this game is gonna suck" is. Maybe it's not a tell in any direction, but i would expect scum to go into game with butterflies, not town.

In post 24, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 20, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 17, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:The reason given doesn't make sense for a vote. Looks like she's not being truthful

It's a common approach in games to focus first on reading people you're familiar with. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't believe my explanation unless you thought the only purpose of a vote was to express suspicion, which is something that would surprise me since I thought you were a much better player than that.

Apparently I'm not a very good player at all, I definitely think I'm better than I actually am but I suck.

And yes the point of a vote should be to pressure or express suspicion. There's other ways to communicate what you were trying to do without voting.

I honestly think you didn't read the spoilers (I know I hadn't yet) and instead of owning up to it came up with something else.

This is where a slight trend of Woody paying a little more attention to himself than to others starts. Sure, you could say he's looking at Nacho while also explaining himself, but...

In post 36, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:VOTE: nacho

Oh, that does work. Thought I had to spell vote. That works

In post 40, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:Took a while to find some games, you have a few games where I guess you played with somebody. I.will say I lol'd at the game where you posted I am Groot all game

VOTE: unvote

Votes him and then immediately unvotes him. In general, I don't like day one votes and unvotes, FoS, etc. On a seasoned person like Nacho, this is zero pressure. It's meaningless.

In post 47, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 41, Garmr wrote:But seriously never try to undersell yourself

Why would that make you think I'm scum?

When I hear "why would that make you think I'm scum" I hear "so I can not slip up again."

In post 74, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 70, KarmicGuide wrote:I also think that your posts so far, about seashells, Nacho being a girl, about Demolition Man, might be intentional spam. You're trying to look like town by posting a lot, but posting a lot of nonsense doesn't help town.

You obviously don't have a sense of humor, noted. I do however. I'm.probably going to crack jokes alot cause that's my personality.

Calling me apologizing to nacho for calling him a girl as intentional spam is kind of a reach though don't you think? If somebody insulted you, wouldn't.you want them to apologize?

I don't think these posts by me make me look town, but they don't make me look like scum either. They just make me look like me. If somebody town reads me for making jokes, they are probably a bad player or scum trying to buddy me

Telling me I don't have a sense of humor was a nice present here, I think. Day 1 is a little early to lob insults at someone who put a third vote on you. This struck me as defensive. Generally regular people don't say stuff like this unless they're a little ruffled.

In post 77, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 76, KarmicGuide wrote:The reason why it's not bad play to call out someone for making "jokes" (or spam posts, or some combination of the two), is because the town is going for progress on day 1

Scum can just as easily do that too, in fact it's much easier for scum to do that cause it makes them look like they are being productive, but actually arent.

I think that's called "look at me I'm so town"
In post 76, KarmicGuide wrote:The way I feel right now, you seem as nervous as someone at L2, and you're not at L2. I can tell you hate this attention.

What makes me seem nervous? The fact that I can defend myself and continue to play the game? Or is it the fact I called you out on the fact you called me defensive when I actually haven't been at all.

How can you tell I hate the attention when I actually don't hate it?

You don't make any sense

Trying to gaslight me, saying I don't make sense, when I've been explaining my points for the most part. All this, plus the frequent double-posts. Frequent double-posts make me think people are second-guessing what they've just said. As long as he keeps saying interesting things, this seems like the best place to keep my vote.
eventi
eventi
Goon
eventi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:03 am

Post by eventi »

Sorry for my lack of participation, but it's a holiday weekend on the US and I'm trying to spend time with the family.

@woody - being called a woman isn't an insult.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:09 am

In post 84, KarmicGuide wrote:Votes him and then immediately unvotes him

You have to buy a dictionary asap.

If by immediately you mean I combed through a bunch of games on page 1 of Nacho's topic lists to verify if what nacho was saying was true and then once I realized he was telling the truth I unvoted, than yes I did that immediately. However the actual definition of is something entirely different isn't it? Yes it is.

So want to try that again?
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:13 am

I want to respond to other things in that post but I'd rather do it from a computer, but the "immediate" thing was just a flat out lie. I don't see that coming from town

VOTE: karmic

For lying about me. Town would.have seen I actually made an effort to research nacho:s games and could never accuse me of immediately changing my vote.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:21 am

In post 84, KarmicGuide wrote:Frequent double-posts make me think people are second-guessing what they've just said.

This is hands down the dumbest thing you have said all game. Me double posting isn't alignment indicative and I can prove it.
KarmicGuide
KarmicGuide
Goon
KarmicGuide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:23 am

Post by KarmicGuide »

Post 36 is you voting for him, post 37 is you saying that you are officially voting for him, and then post 40 is you unvoting him.

At no point in between did Nacho post.

What changed your mind?
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:29 am

In post 38, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
Well I do have to verify what he says first,
plus I was just making my original vote official

In post 40, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
Took a while to find some games, you have a few games where I guess you played with somebody. I.will say I lol'd at the game where you posted I am Groot all game

VOTE: unvote

Reading is fundamental
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 81, Radja wrote:Ok. Time to catch up.

-Looks like we have town Nacho. Yay!

Two questions;

1. If you're reading Nacho why didn't you notice that he already commented on Woody's townishness or lack thereof?

2. I would advance a town read to Nacho but was offput by his quick and early semi-buddy of me with the whole 'looks like we're both town, wink, wink' line - how do you interpret that from him differently than I did?
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:31 am

Note the time stamps also. Almost a half hour of looking over Nacho's games. He had a few games that appear on his topic list where he didn't play as himself cause he has just a single post. One game he just posts "ego post' or something. Other game he posts something else but can't remember what it was but it was his only post also
KarmicGuide
KarmicGuide
Goon
KarmicGuide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:50 am

Post by KarmicGuide »

Oh, you were going back and re-reading older Nacho games?

Sorry, if you've stated that before, I missed it or misunderstood. I do remember you saying you were basing something on past play, but I assumed that you had just played in the past with him.

Yeah, Nacho's playstyle is really interesting. I've played with him once before, and I remember him being a little chaotic and really fun.

Still seems like a weak reason to unvote him, but whatever. He seems town to me, but I'm getting too many strong townreads from people to know what to make out of that. Maybe I just like too many people.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:53 am

In post 93, KarmicGuide wrote:Oh, you were going back and re-reading older Nacho games?

Considering I said that's what I was going to do and than posted that I had done that. I can't see how you possibly missed it.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:55 am

I'm.curious how.so you have so many town reads? I don't see anyone really "towning" it up. What am I missing?
KarmicGuide
KarmicGuide
Goon
KarmicGuide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:46 am

Post by KarmicGuide »

Thor is town and Bella and Nacho are probably town.

IDK man, I just gutread for town. Nobody is ever confirmed town in my eyes, but I feel pretty good about them.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:58 am

You town read Bella off 5 posts? Uh OK...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 97, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:You town read Bella off 5 posts? Uh OK...

I townread you off two and you didn't call me out - what is the issue?
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:13 am

Post by zakk »

EXPERIMENT NOTES 1.4

SUBJECTS ASSERTING AGGRESSIVE ACTIVITY:

WoodyWoodpecker [3] Garmr, pistachi0n, KarmicGuide
Ciara24 [2] Nachomamma8, Thor665