Mini-Normal 1713: Mystery Mansion Mafia (GAME OVER)

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:35 pm

Post by Davsto »

First, someone being new to this site affects their ability to get a joke? What?

Secondly, enough people have pointed out that it's a joke and yet the vote is still there.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 200, Davsto wrote:First, someone being new to this site affects their ability to get a joke? What?

Yes, I don't see how difficult that is to see given the nature of the joke. It requires some meta knowledge that people don't seriously assert that they are Town early on day one, and that Scum aren't that easy to spot.

Secondly, enough people have pointed out that it's a joke and yet the vote is still there.

While I agree with you that RVS is over and that vote should be removed, it's not relevant to your vote which occured earlier, I still think at that moment in time your vote was scummy. It justifies the fact that you haven't removed your vote, but I don't think you should've put it there in the first place.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 200, Davsto wrote:First, someone being new to this site affects their ability to get a joke? What?

In post 198, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 195, Accountant wrote:Mario has said nothing to convince me that my vote on him is unjustified. I
still
don't understand what his case against me is. Like, can someone explain why he thinks I'm scummy because I don't understand anything he's saying right now. He's just throwing out sarcastic questions and acting like I'm proven scum or some shit.

Slandaar: 26 was a joke vote. I meant it to give off a "raging townie votes cocky player" vibe, and followed it up with 28 after you posted 27. Also, it was in RVS.

read my ISO. You're my biggest scumread and so I act like your scum.
Also, why did you design a post to look like "raging townie"?

Because it's part of the joke?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:53 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I'd like Mario and Accountant to take a break from each other. I think it's TvT and it's letting scum coast by quietly. I don't have much time right now, have to go in a bit, but won't be long and I'll reread this thread and look at several iso's to break out of this Mario vs Accountant for a while. If either one is scum it will show when we change the subject but I dont think this 'you're scum no I'm not yes you are' is going to help us much further.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:48 am

Post by Accountant »

Wanderer is active, but I null read her, so I'm going to go over her ISO tomorrow.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:20 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around in a couple days. I've been super busy and wasn't feeling well yesterday. I'm going to go through and read up on what I missed and catch up in a little bit here.

Also, my vote is still on Performer for an awkward entrance but the game has moved on quite a bit from that so I'm going to re-evaluate things.

UNVOTE:

For now, while I catch up.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:53 am

Post by All Alone »

prod dodge
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:24 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 107, Accountant wrote:I have my own thoughts on All Alone's vote on Expedience, but before I share them(and share them I will) I'm going to wait for Expedience's reaction to it first. Expedience, what are your thoughts on All Alone's vote on you?

I didn't see that you ever did this. Could you do this please or link me to where you already did?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:36 am

Post by SilverWolf »

from absta and from Wanderer are pretty good and mirror my own though process on Accountant's behavior towards me early game. She seemed to spend a considerable amount of time trying to cast suspicion on me for my observation of her and Slaandar's behavior early game. She really didn't seem to like my answers per this , this and this when you add that to this you would think she would of had a vote on me by now but she's voting Performer. Then she kind of suddenly drops it here which was kind of strange because I don't know what I said that would warrant that. Accountant, perhaps you could give an idea of how you are reading me now?

The further explanation of the Performer vote here is completely different than the reasons given in 89 so I'm not sure why these reasons were not given in the first place? It's almost like she had time to think of a better answer and gave it then.

I'm going to FoS Accountant for this for now because I'm not done going through the game and I want to address other points that have come up with Mario's enterance but I'll get back to this in a bit.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:43 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 121, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 34, Akarin wrote:VOTE: Slandaar
1. OMGUS
2. Only player to confirm via PM
or Private Topic???

3. Tied leading wagons, fight!

No. 2 gives me a sense of trying to work things out. A townread.
Also Slandaar attracting attention with his first posts gives me a townread on him.

Mario, please explain this better. Why are you townreading Akarin off of this post? Especially considering you are scumreading Akarin off of this and this . How are you reading Akarin now?

Also, you said you townread Performer here and then later said you don't yet have a read on Perfomer . Can you explain this inconsistency?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:02 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I don't really think Mario's voting Accountant for playing the newb card to be a very valid scumread. Accountant has not, from what I've seen, been playing like she doesn't know what she's doing. Clearly, her response to the RQS was simply to give an example of a game she was in and talk about what happened.

is a good observation. Starting to lean town on absta. This is the second time Accountant has better explained herself later while not giving that reasoning in the first place. This pings as scummy to me. Also, basically just sheeps Wanderer's wording here which I don't really like. Mario points that out here which is good . FoS is getting stronger on Accountant.

looks town from Mario. Although I didn't like his original reasoning for voting Accountant, this kind of play reminds me more of town Mario than scum Mario from the experience I have with him so far. Scum Mario is lurky and plays it safe, where town Mario is very aggressive in his pushes and does tunnel, hyper posts, and doesn't mind drawing attention to himself.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 196, Performer wrote:
In post 187, absta101 wrote:
@performer
In post 174, Performer wrote:Personally can't decipher who's really town or mafia right now.
There's definitely been enough content to at least get a weak read on people. The fact that you don't have any reads at this stage is suspicious.

What do you think of Accountant and Mario?

Since more time has passed and they happened to post more, it seems to be they're both town ( I could be wrong, they could be third party or mafia) from what I could gather on their posts. So far, it looks like they're trying to lead town with scum hunting.

As for Accountant stating Mario is seeing her as proven scum, it looks to me like he's just trying to scumhunt.

I'm leaning slight town so far, on absta101 .

Which posts from Accountant and Mario indicate to you they are scumhunting? And why?
Any early scumreads you wish to share?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Slandaar »

Alright I will try and explain this as best I can.

Wanderer says this:
In post 65, Wanderer-nl wrote:I said his tone was the same as his tone in another game where he was town.

Now, I find this just wrong, it is the wrong way to defend my opening post. The tone is the same as my town tone so it's null doesn't really tackle the content of the post and the reasons people were voting me. I have a hard time imagining town thinking in this way.

Also; I find it hard to believe town can take my tone, from my first post, and think it is the same as a game where I was completely serious.

VOTE: Wanderer

I am not that confident but this seems the best to me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:32 am

Post by SilverWolf »

OK, So I lost a post, dammit, I hate when that happens. Shit. OK, I'll try again. LOL

I didn't really like from Expedience because it strongly appears that he is trying to direct the conversation away from subjects he doesn't like and onto subjects he does want discussed. It comes off as very manipulative and his response to All Alone's vote was just to kind of use pretty words to say he's trying to stoke conversation when in reality, he's not really.

In post 182, Expedience wrote:
In post 160, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 101, Expedience wrote:
In post 100, Accountant wrote:That was a mistype. It should be "where town claimed town", which means that since scum would know you played in games where town claimed town, they would be incentivized to claim town to seem town themselves.

I'd say this is a
very
weak argument, since SilverWolf didn't say that she believed this to be a Town tell before Slandaar made his comment. It would require scum to both read the games that she mentioned, and also require SilverWolf noticing and mentioning it. If SilverWolf and Slandaar were both scum, I really don't think they'd be this blatant.

Nevertheless, I don't think Town are any more likely to claim Town during RVS / RQS than scum.

I agree with Expi here.
However, one think I'd like to ask is; why did the vote go onto Performer rather than Expedience?
Is it because Expi's scum and therefore the other was chosen to be wagoned?

Wait, do you mean "why did the vote go onto SilverWolf rather than Expedience?". Otherwise I don't get what you're saying. If you meant SilverWolf, it was because SilverWolf was a more experienced player and hence her judgement would be expected to be better than mine. That was implied in .

Why are you answering for Accountant here? This is another attempt to control the flow of conversation and I don't understand why you feel the need to interject yourself so many times into these conversations and defend or answer for others. Another example of this is where you are interjection yourself into the comment I made to Wanderer. I've seen this kind of play from scum before where they kind of soft defend people like this and I do notice you are soft defending Accountant and Wanderer.

I do think you are likely to be scum here. What helps solidifies this for me is this exchange. you say you don't want to vote. Account and Wanderer make these posts and and suddenly you are ready to vote for Mario.

I mean if you were town, you could tell them to go take a flying leap and you'll vote whenever you want for whoever you want. But instead you instantly caved to the pressure and voted-that strikes me as appeasy.

VOTE: Expedience
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:41 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 209, SilverWolf wrote:
1. OMGUS
or Private Topic???

Also Slandaar attracting attention with his first posts gives me a townread on him.

Mario, please explain this better. Why are you townreading Akarin off of this post? Especially considering you are scumreading Akarin off of this and this . How are you reading Akarin now?

Also, you said you townread Performer here and then later said you don't yet have a read on Perfomer . Can you explain this inconsistency?

1. It was an early stage of my reading. I wanted to note a townlean on Akarin at the time. I am now scumleaning on Akarin.
2. I actually completely forgot about Performer :oops: I was mostly thinking about Accountant at that time, and wasn't thinking about much else. Not really remembering him, I said I didn't have a read. That is actually a trait in my TvT tunnels. Once I've overlooked the game a bit further, I might unvote
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:44 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 210, SilverWolf wrote:I don't really think Mario's voting Accountant for playing the newb card to be a very valid scumread. Accountant has not, from what I've seen, been playing like she doesn't know what she's doing. Clearly, her response to the RQS was simply to give an example of a game she was in and talk about what happened.

is a good observation. Starting to lean town on absta. This is the second time Accountant has better explained herself later while not giving that reasoning in the first place. This pings as scummy to me. Also, basically just sheeps Wanderer's wording here which I don't really like. Mario points that out here which is good . FoS is getting stronger on Accountant.

looks town from Mario. Although I didn't like his original reasoning for voting Accountant, this kind of play reminds me more of town Mario than scum Mario from the experience I have with him so far. Scum Mario is lurky and plays it safe, where town Mario is very aggressive in his pushes and does tunnel, hyper posts, and doesn't mind drawing attention to himself.

1. The newb card argument isn't really the basis for my Accountant scumread at the moment.
2. I have done the same thing before (see: Newbie 1629) except with a scumread instead of self-defence. Not sure if it's different, but it's still good to point out.
3. To be honest, that meta tell isn't really valid anymore. I almost like playing scum as much as playing town. (See: Newbie 1631)
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:45 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 214, MarioManiac4 wrote:
1. OMGUS
or Private Topic???

1. It was an early stage of my reading. I wanted to note a townlean on Akarin at the time. I am now scumleaning on Akarin.
2. I actually completely forgot about Performer :oops: I was mostly thinking about Accountant at that time, and wasn't thinking about much else. Not really remembering him, I said I didn't have a read. That is actually a trait in my TvT tunnels. Once I've overlooked the game a bit further, I might unvote

So are you saying that your tunnel on Accountant is a TvT now?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:46 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 212, Slandaar wrote:Alright I will try and explain this as best I can.

Wanderer says this:
In post 65, Wanderer-nl wrote:I said his tone was the same as his tone in another game where he was town.

Now, I find this just wrong, it is the wrong way to defend my opening post. The tone is the same as my town tone so it's null doesn't really tackle the content of the post and the reasons people were voting me. I have a hard time imagining town thinking in this way.

Also; I find it hard to believe town can take my tone, from my first post, and think it is the same as a game where I was completely serious.

VOTE: Wanderer

I am not that confident but this seems the best to me.

That is one post. I see where you're coming from but W-NL reads town due to gut. What do you think of other players?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:46 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 216, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 214, MarioManiac4 wrote:
1. OMGUS
or Private Topic???

So are you saying that your tunnel on Accountant is a TvT now?

It could be. Could not be.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 54, Wanderer-nl wrote:
@Akarin: How serious were you in ?

I was serious for page 2. My vote on Slandaar was a more "real" vote than anyone elses to that point I think (he had OMGUSed a person right after they voted for him, and the confirm via private topic thing isn't crazy IMO) but it wasn't some big serious case either. I have a town read on Slandaar at this point.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:38 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 84, Wanderer-nl wrote:
@Akarin: Why are you voting for Silverwolf while she was actually critisizing the votes on Slandaar and Accountant?

I'm voting Wolfie because her reasoning looks the least real. I think the votes on Slandaar and Accountant over their "gambits" were silly, I'm not disagreeing with Wolfie on that, but the way she reacted to the votes on them, not calling out the votes as based on bad reasoning, but acting like Accountant and Slandaar were clearly town (rather than not particularly scummy) doesn't read like actually trying to figure out alignment. It reads like needing to have reads, and possibly knowing their alignment.

Joking:
In post 46, Expedience wrote:VOTE: Accountant

Slandaar is practically confirmed Town, no scum would pull such an obscene gambit.

Does not look like joking:
In post 47, SilverWolf wrote:Slandaar and Accountant are both prob not scum. I really don't see scum pulling either of those gambits-claiming town like that or claiming scum like that.

In post 72, SilverWolf wrote:
He could do it as scum but it doesn't seem likely right now. The banter between him and Accountant seemed pretty carefree and easygoing. I see nothing scummy there and still don't understand the wagon on either one of them. I've seen town claims in several games and every single time the person has been town. I've also seen the joking scum claims and most times they are town but not always. However, I'm not seeing anything scummy in Accountant's play right now.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Akarin »

I'm also not a fan of Wolfie's post 90, looking up a bunch of random games where town claims town is useless (Accountant's "Plural of anecdote isn't data" comment), not to mention trivially easy for scum to do, but also oddly defensive. Likewise the insistence on first hand accounts only.

In post 94, SilverWolf wrote:
Are they games where they did it right away at the beginning of the game and also games you played in as well as saw it first hand like mine were? If you can find that, I'll completely retract my statement all together.

Way too committed to defending this bad read.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:51 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 219, Akarin wrote:
In post 54, Wanderer-nl wrote:
@Akarin: How serious were you in ?

I was serious for page 2. My vote on Slandaar was a more "real" vote than anyone elses to that point I think (he had OMGUSed a person right after they voted for him, and the confirm via private topic thing isn't crazy IMO) but it wasn't some big serious case either. I have a town read on Slandaar at this point.

Why are you reading him as town? Especially since you didn't like my read on him at the beginning of the game. What happened between that and now to make you think he's town?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:57 am

Post by absta101 »

@Akarin
In post 220, Akarin wrote:but acting like Accountant and Slandaar were clearly town (rather than not particularly scummy) doesn't read like actually trying to figure out alignment.
How does SilverWolf saying "prob not scum" translate to her thinking they are clearly town?
--
@Performer
In post 196, Performer wrote:Since more time has passed and they happened to post more, it seems to be they're both town
( I could be wrong, they could be third party or mafia)
I don't like the bolded. It goes without saying that you could be wrong, anyone can be wrong. You feeling the need to state it seems like you want to have an excuse for when you feel like changing reads.

Do you still have no scum reads?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:06 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 181, Expedience wrote:but it nevertheless makes him lean scum for me. I support the wagon against him.

Don't really feel like voting, I haven't played a game on this site with this many players so I'll wait a bit to see how it works out. I'll remove my RVS vote from Accountant though.

I agree with Silverwolf; this is really scummy. Town-Expedience would've definitely voted Mario here seeing as he was a scum read and he supported the wagon. However he doesn't because he wants to see how it works out. That's bullshit imo. Chances are he is scum who is afraid of committing to a read. This is backed up by the fact that he only votes Mario after he was told it was weird of him not to.

VOTE: Expedience
Still leaning scum on Mario, Accountant and Performer.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”