Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:57 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I have access again. Thanks to SSF for posting for me. That was weird, but it works not for some reason. Same thing for input to this game, but at least I'm here if needed.
Permanent V/LA.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:36 am

Post by Aimee »

I`m just saying hi. So er... hi?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

HI AIMEE!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Oman »

Skruffs wrote:I wonder how Erg0 can say that we will get no information from an Albert lynch, when apparently, at least three people (on this page anyways) have decided that Albert is a bad lynch, for NO apparent reason.
Considering he daykilled a cop with no warning, I see no reason for him to be town,
The reason I think he's town atm is that it would be rediculous for him to be scum. Just as people who don't fit in, either flavourwise or with their actions, to the town look scummy. Its a matter of town and scum being mutually exclusive.

Also, if he is scum (which I'll grant is a possibility) he's failing badly, so I see no harm is keeping him around.

Skruffs: example 1) Albert comes up scum: who are his scumbuddys?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Erg0 »

Skruffs wrote:I wonder how Erg0 can say that we will get no information from an Albert lynch, when apparently, at least three people (on this page anyways) have decided that Albert is a bad lynch, for NO apparent reason.

<snip>

Considering he daykilled a cop with no warning, I see no reason for him to be town, and I see no reason for scum, if he is town, to want to go after him. Like Erg0 said - he's an easy lynch. 'Why lynch someone scummy right now', I can picture scum thinking, 'if he's going to be an easy lynch later on, when one of us are in trouble'.

Anyways the point of this post is to discredit Ergo's 1/100 chance he's town vs 99/100 he's scum but it would be an infoless lynch. There's three people right there who think that what he did was townish, which I don't really see a town having any reason to do. It was NOT town to do what he did in the fashion he did it. People are saying it's too scummy to be scum, that's ridiculous.

Now, mind you, me and Albert are BOTH voting xdaamno, so...
I said Albert was a bad lynch
before
the other two spoke up, so I could hardly take that into account when stating that we got no information. To be clear, I absolutely think Albert is town, anything else I say on the subject is merely an attempt to persuade others who think he's scum not to vote for him.

As for having no apparent reason to think that Albert's a townie - my reason is in the post you quoted. I don't see what he did as a good scum gambit. It's not good play for a townie either, but it's a worse play for scum.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Skruffs, its very simple. I could have simply told the mod who I wanted dead without revealing my hand. That's what I would do if I were scum. The fact I made myself so wrong discredits a scum Rampage.

FoS Skruffs
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by SirWario »

Also, if he is scum (which I'll grant is a possibility) he's failing badly, so I see no harm is keeping him around

erg0, if he's scum, then he is definitely succeeding at the moment. He just killed our cop. We don't know how much more damage he's capable of inflicting on the town.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by Oman »

That quote is actually me.

Regardless of who said it, its right. He killed our cop, yes, but he didn't KNOW bobby was cop (unless mafia have a rolecop?). Also I can think of a few reasons he shouldn't have killed bobby:

Bobby looked scummy at that point (IIRC) scum like to keep suspicious townies alive.

It drew waaay to much heat to Albert. In fact, he's the top vote atm

More damage? ATM no-one beleives anything he says, so directing lynches is out. Also, I doubt there is a multiple mafia assasin in this game. One shot is about the limit.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

Oman thats just stupid. Hes the best lynch, you know it and you're just struggling to keep the mentally insane member (ABR) of your evil mafia trio alive. (you and erg0 are the others, naturally) you manipulative little hound.

we must lynch ABR because I said so, and I am King.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I thought you were God?

:confused:

Give me a good case on Albert and I'll vote him. I've already rebutted the existing argument, and nobody seems interested in debating it.
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:12 pm

Post by Oman »

GodOfWine wrote:Oman thats just stupid. Hes the best lynch, you know it and you're just struggling to keep the mentally insane member (ABR) of your evil mafia trio alive. (you and erg0 are the others, naturally) you manipulative little hound.

Thats rediculous. All of that is circumstantical. If any one of us shows up town, the arguments on the others is shot.

The arugment on ABR as stated so far is nonexistant
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by Oman »

I've been thinking it over and I know beleive that GOW was reaching a bit too far to make me comfortable there.

I'm gonna do a reread on him before I do anything more then a
FoS: GOW
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Oman »

Just realised I never concluded this.

Looking back, you're not up to a vote yet, but my Eff Oh Es stands. I noticed as well this game had a suprising amount of jokes/sarcasm.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

GodOfWine wrote:Oman thats just stupid. Hes the best lynch, you know it and you're just struggling to keep the mentally insane member (ABR) of your evil mafia trio alive. (you and erg0 are the others, naturally) you manipulative little hound.

Haven't done my reread yet, but from what I've seen on this page, this post is retarded.
Permanent V/LA.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:49 am

Post by Erg0 »

I knew I unvoted that guy for a reason.
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:10 am

Yeah GoW is pretty retarded/emotional.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Kison »

Unvote
-> Replacement
FoS : gameshark1313
-> Doesn't necessarily clear you.

Albert's posts remain unhelpful, but I still don't think his actions conclusively name him scum for all the reasons I have laid out before.

GodOfWine's consistent push to lynch him, however, is completely unfounded. GodOfWine responded to Oman's last post critically(despite the fact I think he was partly joking), but without constructive counter arugments. Sorry, but calling his(Oman's) logic stupid isn't going to get your point across. The allegations you make of Oman<->Albert scumbuddies is also completely unfounded.

Vote : GodOfWine
for continuing to push potentially easy wagon with horrid reasoning.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Oman »

Kison wrote:GodOfWine's consistent push to lynch him, however, is completely unfounded. GodOfWine responded to Oman's last post critically
(despite the fact I think he was partly joking)
, but without constructive counter arugments. Sorry, but calling his(Oman's) logic stupid isn't going to get your point across. The allegations you make of Oman<->Albert scumbuddies is also completely unfounded.
GoW has tried the joke excuse several times now. I'm not going to accept it this time, and I don't think anyone else should either. He clearly was serious about what he meant.

I want to know why erg0 is suddenly obvobv scum? Erg0 is one of the town players in my mind, and GoW is suddenly calling him scum "naturally". Once again a resounding "WTF?"
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:58 am

Post by GodOfWine »

I was extremely serious, Oman, you are correct. ABR recklessly killed the cop. What is townie about that?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

Erg0 wrote: I said Albert was a bad lynch
before
the other two spoke up, so I could hardly take that into account when stating that we got no information. To be clear, I absolutely think Albert is town, anything else I say on the subject is merely an attempt to persuade others who think he's scum not to vote for him.

As for having no apparent reason to think that Albert's a townie - my reason is in the post you quoted. I don't see what he did as a good scum gambit. It's not good play for a townie either, but it's a worse play for scum.
So, too scummy to be scum. Okay. Very wifom, okay. On the other hand, saying that you said your post before the others sounds like you are ceding that information could NOW be had from his lynch.
Oman wrote: The reason I think he's town atm is that it would be rediculous for him to be scum.

Also, if he is scum (which I'll grant is a possibility) he's failing badly, so I see no harm is keeping him around.

Skruffs: example 1) Albert comes up scum: who are his scumbuddys?
Again, too scummy to be scum, which almost makes it a perfect scum gambit, apparently, because if you are town, and he's not, you'd be falling for it.
I think we'd be much more likely to see who is scum by if he turns up town than if he turns up scum.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Skruffs, its very simple. I could have simply told the mod who I wanted dead without revealing my hand. That's what I would do if I were scum. The fact I made myself so wrong discredits a scum Rampage.

FoS Skruffs
Whoa. No way. You do NOT get to fos me for questioning your motives. You just daykilled a cop without giving him ANY chance to claim, defend, etc, for the sole reason that the other person you were so suspicious of, bobby, refusing to claim for you. Why did he refuse to claim? PRobably because he had no real idea that you were dayvig, or, because you are his buddy and knew you wouldn't actually kill him. It could so easily have been staged, and you can not deny that, unless you are still as blind as you were before you killed the cop.
So, uh, sorry, no.
SirWario wrote:
erg0, if he's scum, then he is definitely succeeding at the moment. He just killed our cop. We don't know how much more damage he's capable of inflicting on the town.
Which reminds me : Albert - one shot or not?
Oman wrote:Regardless of who said it, its right. He killed our cop, yes, but he didn't KNOW bobby was cop (unless mafia have a rolecop?). Also I can think of a few reasons he shouldn't have killed bobby:
He would have known if he had waited for half a minute, and asked him like he had asked hiw original 'target'. HE didn't. Your excuse is saying "Well he can't be held ACCOUNTABLE because he didn't KNOW who he was killing"... when a day vig has the option of being more successful than a night vig because he can use that ability WITH town's help/guidance or to solve options like solving counter claims, etc. Using it for personal pleasure is a gross neglect of responsibilities, at best.
Secondly - role cop? WHen would the role cop have been able to use their ability? Or do you mean day-role-cop with a the ability to day-talk? No. Albert would have Known if he had given bobby a chance to claim, which he didn't.
Oman wrote:Bobby looked scummy at that point (IIRC) scum like to keep suspicious townies alive.
What made Bobby look suspicious to you?
Oman wrote:It drew waaay to much heat to Albert. In fact, he's the top vote atm
By your very previous statement, killing the most suspicious player was okay for the vig to do - but it's not okay for the town to do? You seem to be sayign that Albert should NOT be responsible for his actions, and that's just wrong.
Oman wrote:More damage? ATM no-one beleives anything he says, so directing lynches is out. Also, I doubt there is a multiple mafia assasin in this game. One shot is about the limit.
You haven't seen any defense of albert?

AGain, I am not necessarily saying that ALbert is scum, but his actions are a heck of a lot more useful to scum if he is going to continue playing this way than they are for town, and I wouldn't be surprised if scum was defending him regardless of his role.

Trio? Do you know something about the size of hte mafia(s) that we don't, GodofWine? I had used the 25% rule with the 18 player roster to determine there is likely a 4 player scum group with maybe an SK, lyncher, or survivor in the group.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Skruffs »

Erg0 wrote:Give me a good case on Albert and I'll vote him. I've already rebutted the existing argument, and nobody seems interested in debating it.
Oman wrote: The arugment on ABR as stated so far is nonexistant
I believe ABR has provided his own case against himself.
You have taken it on yourself to assume he is town and defend him from the evil persecuters who wish to stop him from recklessly randomly dayvigging in the future.
The main defense that I have seen for ABR being town is that what he did was too scummy to be scum, which is a pointless, useless case, because it effectively means as long as ABR stays acting as scummy as possible he'll be above suspicion. I'll call this "The Battle Mage" defense.

Lastly - you wonder why GodofWine has tried to piece the three of you together. Parroters. :)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:28 am

Meh you have to look at the simplest answers instead of making up things, Skruffs.

Vote GoW
because he's an extremist.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Skruffs »

Albert, what drives you to suggest ignoring concepts slightly more advanced in nature?
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:07 am

Post by JordanA24 »

I doubt Albert is scum, I mean, it's not like he knew Bobby was a cop, and as Erg0 said, why would he kill a random town player rather than save it for later (presuming it's 1-shot if he's scum).

Unvote Vote: GOW
, for pushing an easy scumwagon, using stupid reasoning.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:42 am

Post by GodOfWine »

I can't understand why the "too scummy to be scum" defense is still standing. I apparently am the popular vote now because I decided to promote voting for the player who just killed our cop without wanrning or precaution. I'm sorry if I'm the only one who finds that scummy, and would like to rid the game of a player who will continue to act recklessly.

Oman and Erg0 who like to defend ABR, you have a tendency to build your defense on the
assumption
that ABR is town. Stop that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”