Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Sonic X »

Oh and we are soul sisters. Just in case you didn't know.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by grapes »

I don't like your turnaround on fuzzy today either. Could you go more into that please? Because it feels scum motivated. Or at the very least makes your previous pushes feel fake.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Implicit in the logical chain that concludes with Titus learned your role because you are scum together and You told her, Sonic, is that Titus has told
some
truth in terms of abilities and limits.

You gladiate Titus and she flips scum and the abilities are different than she claimed, there are loads of ways that leads to it being either significantly
less
likely that you are scum all the way to
completely unlikely
. You are the most logical explanation for the knowledge she displayed which she could not have had legitimately.

@Everyone - Anything Titus says is complete WIFOM at this point. She is caught scum with a defense of "He asked people to target him with abilities, so
of course
I knew he got to copy/steal people's roles if they used them on him" to explain the slip. The post she most recently made was oily in its scumminess and totally self serving. She refers to VCA as if it's some magical cure all but doesn't actually show it. She refers to things that never happened as misdirection. She appeals to try and get a wagon on someone that almost everyone has said seems scummy at one time or another.

I mean ... Farside thought TW was scummy before we ever shared our case ... but after that post voted for someone who is logically as close to conftown as it is possible to be short of an investigative clear. Don't let Titus wriggle out of being caught red handed. The explanation is complete bullshit. There's no way on earth that Titus figured out Sonic's role based upon "please target me townies" with so much confidence that she would make those posts. Those posts demonstrate actual concrete knowledge of his role. Furthermore, the defense is completely undermined by the fact that she claims to have told TSO what sonic's role was, but TSO felt that our case necessitated real life contact to get Titus on while she was driving to defend. If it really was simply just that She/They had figured out his role, TSO would have just said that.
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 4023, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 4019, Trench Warfare wrote:Sonic's still town. He's cleared by VCA.

The absolute pool for lynching for me is anyone but Farside, Sonic, me or RR.

Only one of you/Hermit is scum.
Only one of Mastina/Xtoxm is scum.

Given Xtoxm claimed that one of he and Mastina had a night ability, unless I misread something, then he should be lynched. If I have misunderstood something, I'd prefer Hermit as you would be forced to refill Sonic which means town has another gladiate and scum can't push mislynches.. I strongly favor resolving the 1 v 1s that have emerged in my VCA.

Cooldog is more of a consensus lynch.

This post is completely absurd. You're scum. You are a lawyer and you know the difference between having guesses at what abilities might want to be targeted and displaying knowledge of exactly what a role is. You demonstrated that you knew
exactly
what Sonic did. You knew he would get farside's refiller ability, and then after that get his gladiate refilled. Your referring to him as confirmed town when nothing he has claimed is confirmed is even more absurd. Do you think if you repeat it enough times, nobody will realize?

VCA doesn't clear people. VCA is a combination of large scale probability based upon observations of a large sample of games, along with assumptions about how psychology creates patterns in scum voting behavior. While VCA can help you sort and find people who look scummy because of those things, all it really does is sort. You don't make a case out of VCA because, as anyone with a graduate level degree
should
know, you cannot apply large scale probability theories to individual cases, and you cannot depend upon any single human being to line up with an observed psychological trend. The most VCA can do is put you on the trail of people who have things that make them likely to be scum from a meta view. You then have to actually make a case. It's not a voodoo cure all.

Further, your pairings are just dumb. Xtoxm and Mastin are ironclad logically town. Not a single person in the game has even tried to poke a hole in the logic for why they're town.

And what's up with the misdirection? Xtoxm didn't claim he had a night ability, or that Mastin did. That's classic intentional misdirection with some CYA thrown in with that "unless I misread" and "Unless I misunderstood" bullshit you threw in there.

And that last bit is just pathetic. Really? You are going to try and save yourself by trying to start a counterwagon on Cooldog? How about we get a claim out of him yeah?

@Farside - Unless you can point out the flaw in our logic for why Xtoxm and Mastin are both town, you shouldn't vote for Xtoxm. It makes you look really scummy. Titus argues one of them has to be scum because they both got to talk to us on day 3 and according to her you can't have two of the same role on the same alignment ... even if it's a delayed one way masonry, LOL. She says this while asking us to believe that there are two town rolecops.

Rr: this is a large game and looking at the day 1 vote count I find it impossible to believe there wasn't at least one scum on that wagon.
I mean if you want to show me a large game with no scum day 1 I'll consider not voting xtoxm.
I already told you I found the spot scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 4027, Reasonably Rational wrote:Implicit in the logical chain that concludes with Titus learned your role because you are scum together and You told her, Sonic, is that Titus has told
some
truth in terms of abilities and limits.

You gladiate Titus and she flips scum and the abilities are different than she claimed, there are loads of ways that leads to it being either significantly
less
likely that you are scum all the way to
completely unlikely
. You are the most logical explanation for the knowledge she displayed which she could not have had legitimately.

@Everyone - Anything Titus says is complete WIFOM at this point. She is caught scum with a defense of "He asked people to target him with abilities, so
of course
I knew he got to copy/steal people's roles if they used them on him" to explain the slip. The post she most recently made was oily in its scumminess and totally self serving. She refers to VCA as if it's some magical cure all but doesn't actually show it. She refers to things that never happened as misdirection. She appeals to try and get a wagon on someone that almost everyone has said seems scummy at one time or another.

I mean ... Farside thought TW was scummy before we ever shared our case ... but after that post voted for someone who is logically as close to conftown as it is possible to be short of an investigative clear. Don't let Titus wriggle out of being caught red handed. The explanation is complete bullshit. There's no way on earth that Titus figured out Sonic's role based upon "please target me townies" with so much confidence that she would make those posts. Those posts demonstrate actual concrete knowledge of his role. Furthermore, the defense is completely undermined by the fact that she claims to have told TSO what sonic's role was, but TSO felt that our case necessitated real life contact to get Titus on while she was driving to defend. If it really was simply just that She/They had figured out his role, TSO would have just said that.

I still have a scum read on titus I just want to discuss the one I suspect and if the only reason your town reading xtoxm is for the one reason alone.....I may actual start screaming.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by grapes »

scum on the day 1 wagon is sonic or xtoxm
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 4030, grapes wrote:scum on the day 1 wagon is sonic or xtoxm

Can you explain why your scum reading sonic?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by grapes »

In light of RR's case I am inquiring into sonic further as seen this page.

Sonic scum really depends on how much trench warfare bullshitted about their role.

There are things about sonic that I don't like but have been forgiving about because of how convincing his bus on frogger would be if he's scum. Like his gladiate the end of day 1 being the fakest shit ever.

The turnaround on fuzzy after he realized he could milk him for more shots. If you genuinely think somebody is scum then you don't just up and 180 on them because you've suddenly figured out you can use them. That's not a town mindset imo.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by T S O »

[REDACTED]

Attempting to impersonate the mod is against the rules.
Do not do this again or your slot will be modkilled and alignment made into a neutral survivor.
Also, please stay in your hydra.
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by T S O »

I find it rather bizarre that RR thinks that it's improbable that I made contact with Titus irl when it's easier and quicker to do than going on the forums.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by T S O »

But who cares, we're Steven Universe.
-Marquis
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:27 pm

If Sonic actually is town (a possibility we allow for depending on whether things Titus has said are true or not, which would impact the logic for how she got his role), then it's actually possible that the Beer lynch happened with no scum on the wagon.

Remember that Beer and Vezok started together in a 2 person masonry mod confirmed to each other as Sadie and Lars, who both by flavor should have been considered town. Beer was town and only got lynched because of some discussion that took place in that alliance PT they started with. Clearly since Vezok also flipped town, Vezok misunderstood what Beer was saying. With a claim from confirmed Sadie that Beer said he was scum, it's super possible that Beer could have been lynched by all townies.

This is
precisely
why VCA is flawed. It's almost certainly true that a large majority of the time, scum are both on and off of lynches, especially the day one lynch; however, all you need to do is look through completed games to find games where scum played in a way that makes VCA useless. The fact that VCA is so commonly relied upon on this site and that scum are aware of it and can go read the most current theorycrafting about it ... that fact
alone
should preclude anyone from coming to an alignment conclusion about someone based solely upon looking at a vote count.

We're out for awhile. We should get the last remaining claims out of the way. There was a strongman, so obviously there is a doctor, but we haven't seen a doctor flip and the kill that got janitored was on a character that makes flavor sense to be a cop. We haven't had a regular old alignment cop claim or show up dead, so that becomes more and more likely as the game wears on. I could totally see Cooldog being lurky if he's the doctor and keeping us alive. I can also totally see why scum might have thought other people more likely and gone after them first, but now the pool of players is trimmed down enough and the claims we don't have are down to Cooldog and ... I'm not sure there's anyone else.

So like ... when the flipped scum role logically tells us that there is a protector role, and we haven't seen that claimed or flipped, it makes sense to consider someone flying under the radar and not yet having claimed as a possibility for that role that is likely to exist.

Please err on the side of caution. Both of us are likely to be gone for the better part of the next 24 hours.

And if you doubt our Titus case; don't. We have more reasons that we haven't shared yet just waiting for specific ways we predicted she might try to talk her way out of things. Mastin is in possession of a strong argument for Scum Titus, and we have quite a few more.

@Farside - If Xtoxm was scum, we would have automatically been dead without any way to stop it during the first season finale night, due to strongman. There is no series of events that could have saved us, except for pure dumb luck, and that is simply just really bad game design and Varsoon is not a bad game designer.

It makes way more sense from a game balance perspective to let us conftown on day 5 and have some time before the next season finale when we would get strongman killed. If we had realized the logic sooner, we would not have claimed early and then only Mastin and Xtoxm would have known who we were prior to our being mod confirmed, which came only the morning
after
the first time strongman could be used. That is strong evidence for both of them being town. As much as I believe people who are logically conftown should be more active and it bugs me that neither of them are, the logic is undeniable.

Sadly, someone can play a really bad town game, as Xtoxm is so far this game, and still be town. Just look at Vezok's sum total contribution to the game. He wrecked a mod confirmed masonry and got his mason partner killed on day one, did very little other than make snide comments here and there, ended at least one day early despite people asking him not to. There's really not much redeeming about the game play from that slot this game and yet ... he flipped town.
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:29 pm

In post 4034, T S O wrote:I find it rather bizarre that RR thinks that it's improbable that I made contact with Titus irl when it's easier and quicker to do than going on the forums.

Yep ... it totally makes sense to contact someone IRL when you already have the excuse prepared (as she claimed). It makes total sense to ask her to post from the phone, while driving, instead of you just posting it. Your actions demonstrated panic.

@Mod - I believe impersonating the mod is against the rules. Can you please take care of TSO's little stunt? Thanks.
Show

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by T S O »

I'm sorry, I'm sure everyone was convinced by the post where I declared myself to be conftown with a rolename another player had already been declared conftown with.

I would imagine you're not invited to many parties.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by T S O »

I think it's fairly obvious that Titus is playing this game in our hydra far more than I am, so it does make sense.
-Marquis
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by grapes »

hey cerb wasn't the strongman a finale only ability?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by grapes »

tso is it a 4 or 5 man team?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:39 pm

In post 4038, T S O wrote:I'm sorry, I'm sure everyone was convinced by the post where I declared myself to be conftown with a rolename another player had already been declared conftown with.

It's irrelevant whether anyone was convinced by your post that you used to set up a snide post. You obviously can't play by the rules. You don't post in hydra like you're supposed to. You impersonated the mod. You are now throwing insults at me because I expect you to act like an adult and play by the rules instead of blatantly violate them just to be a snide asshole.
Show

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 4041, grapes wrote:tso is it a 4 or 5 man team?

Well, I was told that town would be the majority, but I think the majority's a little higher than 5.

In post 4042, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 4038, T S O wrote:I'm sorry, I'm sure everyone was convinced by the post where I declared myself to be conftown with a rolename another player had already been declared conftown with.

It's irrelevant whether anyone was convinced by your post that you used to set up a snide post.

Why would Varsoon need to deal with it if nobody believed it?

In post 4042, Reasonably Rational wrote:You obviously can't play by the rules.

I confess, I have always been a notorious rulebreaker.

In post 4042, Reasonably Rational wrote:You don't post in hydra like you're supposed to.

I just keep slipping by accident.

In post 4042, Reasonably Rational wrote:You impersonated the mod.

It was the worst attempt at impersonation ever. I mistakenly assumed that you had a sense of humour. I apologise for the oversight.

In post 4042, Reasonably Rational wrote:You are now throwing insults at me because I expect you to act like an adult and play by the rules instead of blatantly violate them just to be a snide asshole.

Doesn't it seem a little hypocritical to complain about being insulted and call someone a snide asshole in the same breath?
-Marquis
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

Yea only the one reason.

I'm not going to rant.
I'm not going to bitch but eventually someone can smack rr.
He may not have get it today and maybe not the next lynch but God I hope lylo he gets a clue.

Vote: tw
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

If all you're going to do is throw insults around let's end the day.

VOTE: TW
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by T S O »

I keep forgetting who you are. When did you start playing again?
-Marquis
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

Yea I'm not doing insults.
Not in the least.
Nice of you to vote xtoxm and add nothing to the game once again
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4048 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by T S O »

See, farside's able to stay above it all. It's a trait some of you would do well to learn.
-Marquis
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4049 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

Unvote

Not sure if that was the hammer but checking something in case it isn't

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”