Newbie 426 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:43 am

Post by SirWario »

SirWario: he is running a bit after yycguy ánd pokerface now, with his last post.

What do you mean that i'm running after yycguy? If you're referring to me sharing the same sentiments , then you could be correct. But if I recall correctly, I was the first one to point out that poker seemed less suspicious in post 52. yycguy followed with post 53. The gist of both posts was very similar. So if anything he has been running after me.

Also, you're quick to defend mnowax. He has given little details about why he thinks poker is scummy. Being concise in all posts allows you to voice your thoughts and also avoid slip-ups. By the way , I'm still suspicious of poker, but mnowax seems more eager to get rid of him quickly without sufficient deliberation.
YYCguy
YYCguy
Townie
YYCguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:47 am

Post by YYCguy »

unvote: anjor

I'm not happy with him, and think he's being decidedly unhelpful, but I think scum would have at least
tried
to please us. I think his refusal to participate is from raw newbieness.

mnowax's play annoys me, too. I would've expected an IC to be more helpful. He really hasn't contributed all that much to this game. That said .. I'm inclined to agree with Kerplunk that it's a little too blatent. Scum wouldn't be
trying
to draw attension to themselves in that manner.

I'm getting slighty scummy vibes from yeahitismark. He's been keeping a fairly low profile, and has mostly stuck to following the crowd. You'll also notice that his posts tend to throw a lot of suspicion around, but he never follows it up with a vote. He's only placed one vote, and that was a random vote on page 1.

SirWario's similar to yeahitismark, to a certain extent, but less so I think.

Kerplunk's coming off as the most pro-town player. His posts have been quite helpful. I do have one lingering doubt with Kerplunk. I worry that, with him being the only helpful IC in this game, that we've been relying a little too much on him, and that he's been using us. It's not a serious worry for me at the moment, but it's there in the back of my head.

I don't really like PokerFace's last post. It feels like he's trying to hint at a power role without ever coming out and saying it. The idea that if not lynched, he would be a nk target is strange as the mafia are likely to leave to most suspicious person alive to be lynched the next day.

vote: PokerFace

I'd like to keep some pressure here, now that SW's unvoted.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:47 am

Post by mnowax »

And we have found our other scum in Sir Wario.

Coming to Poker's aide huh? Sounding more and more genuine when he hasn't said a damn thing?

HoS : Sirwario (my votes on you Day Two)
Sure one more time for fun.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

0-o, o-0

What just happened? Everything just went upside down and backwards.

Plunk earlier said he would have agreed with me against mnowax had there not been a Fos but a vote. And now he reverses and says mnowax is totally ok. I don't know if plunk truly was going to agree with the vote or not now. He is able to turn anything into advantage over anyone. A very inquistive townie or dangerous mob? I lean towards the first since he manly seems to be just keeping an open mind and that is probably a good thing. Mnowax being blatant or too blatant apparently can be seen from two angles. And the second angle being expressed thusly seems like an example of WIFOM. Plunk's new manner of play kinda bothers me and from reading what YYC wrote I get an odd feeling that either he is trying to please plunk or is afraid of plunk. I'll have to read through that again later because I know that can't be right. YYC's agreeable nature bothers me. Also first unvoting was scummy, then it was unscummy, then it was scummy, and then it was unscummy Through ironny, wifom, and wtf I don't know what it is anymore.

There are also a few other things I don't understand at all. How did I hint at power roles? All I basically said was a good doc is useful against night kills and it would take a really good one to stop a nk if the game started with a nk. An nk at the game start is fairly unpredictable who the target will be. Also I don't think anjor is a newb since he said he played games where a nk did happen at the start. He is just new to our forum style I guess, but I would still like to know how he would consider a nk at the start benefitial. I'm waiting on anjor's answer to that.

Side note. Now that I think about it, Let's not discuss the power roles. There may not be any. Also if we think about them and somebody has one, they may slip and expose their power role. It's best we keep them out of our heads so that no one is put in the mafia's sights. Even if you know who they are, or have suspicions, don't say their names out loud. Let's drop this topic.

Also final note I looked further through a few other games. Previously I was mostly skimming. Have to skimm with how long these things are. I believe I made a mistake. The times the second likly guy is killed via nk only happens when the second guy led the bandwagon on the first guy. And the band wagon on the first guy kinda made the second guy part way innocent or made him out to be a good leader and so he was offed for those reasons. either this or the second guy was an IC and he was offed for that reason. My bad an nk is probably not in my future since I am not really a percievable leader.

My last post's main intent was to rally together the four I precieved most likly to be inocent. A means of bringing people together so we could make the right decisions. Somehow it failed to do that so I think I'm just going to keep my mouth shut for awhile. BUT I still await base/detail from Anjor and Mnowax to explain their view points.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
yeahitismark
yeahitismark
Townie
yeahitismark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by yeahitismark »

I thought YYC guy was the first to come to Pokerface's aid? He was certainly the one who pointed out he was at L-1 and was willing to accept his excuses. However, reading back on everything, SirWario's play wrt pokerface.

He was quick to change lynch to pokerface in the early going, then when pokerface is purposefully put onL-1 SirWario says that's not a good idead
but doesn't unvote pokerface
. He wants to stop others lynching him, but wants to be one of the lynchers if it does go ahead. Shortly after he becomes more suspicious of anjor, but doesn't change his vote. Then FOSes mnowax without voting for him, despite being more suspicious of him than pokerface.

Finally, despite being amongst the people who put him at L-1 and never unvoted him he always remains the least suspicious in pokerface's eyes.

Of course, all this depends upon whether or not Pokerface is scum, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Vote: PokerFace
fired.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well its twighlight and I'm gone. What will ensue in lylo now that yiim kicked out my stool? Can't say I'm mad at yiim since I'm actually glad to be out of here. My head was starting to hurt. At least the good points of what I said will be brought into the light since My pockets are devoid of weapons and pizza.

(I read 424, wtf happened there damn!)
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP: My inocense will bring what is important and needed to light. I hope.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Thank yiim. I think my death is the only way things will be brought together. Go Town
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

sorry for quad.

read 424, things were blatant

I don't lean same way anymore with k
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:30 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Shit.

I am sorry pokerface, but I really thought you were scum. I'll do my best to avenge you.

*going back to reread*
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

I reread some stuff

You seem to know the truth too quickly for someone that never believed me

Did You set that trap knowing the mafia wouldn't walk in. because they couldn't with who already voted?

Oddly I made only one bad decision.

In my last post I considered kicking out my own stool, since my inocense would be the only thing to break it all open. I should have and I'm glad mark did.

(This is the only time I think suicide was ever a good idea)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

still faint possiblity yiim may be mob, but I doubt that since there are some hidden things and words being bent.

But convincing everyone of yiim will be your job. Are you an convincing inquisitive townie or a very dangerous mob?

'tomorrow' will tell
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

I can think of only one detail that will decide it. You are an IC and if you are a townie you'll be able to find it.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:53 am

Post by mnowax »

Please no more posting till spectrumvoid gets back. I PM'ed her to let her know that we are in twilight.
Sure one more time for fun.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

ok

The important detail(s) are all out there and somebody needs to put it together.

I think I know the answer but If I tell you it might be miss understood. Th only way it will be gotten is if somebody finds it.
anjor
anjor
Townie
anjor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by anjor »

requesting replacement

sorry for the lack of participation in the game... i am really having a hard time to read all the posts (especially the long ones by pokerface) and also manage my studies, which are kind of higher on the priority right now...

Quite busy till 16th august...
sorry again!
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Vote count

PokerFace: 4 (mnowax, Kerplunk, YYCguy, yeahitismark)
mnowax: 1 (PokerFace)

With 7 alive, 4 to lynch.

With 4 votes on him, PokerFace gets dragged to the chopping block. PokerFace will play poker no more... he was a TOWNIE.

Night will open once all choices are in, with a replacement.

Edit: Still looking for a replacement.
Blank.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:43 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I've prodded spectrumvoid and I'm hoping to hear back from her very soon.
Otherwise you may be looking at a replacement mod, but I hope not.

spectrumvoid posted last night on the wiki, her access is gone for eight months due to school policy. I'm working on recovering her setups and securing replacement mods. Hang tight, folks; she DID send her setup to someone, so I should be able to recover flawlessly, but it may take a few days.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

YYCguy's nightly exploits took him deep into the darkest parts of the city, where scum and villainy are a way of life. Unfortunately for him, he was unable to take himself back
out
again...

YYCguy (
Cop
) - killed Night 1

It is now Day Two; with five alive, three votes will lynch.

Erg0 replaces anjor.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Erg0 »

Yay! What a wonderful situation to replace into! :cry:

I'll have a read and see what I see. Hope everyone's still here...
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
YYCguy
YYCguy
Townie
YYCguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:46 am

Post by YYCguy »

:shock: Bah!
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

This sucks. We lost our cop. And I am completely lost. When YYCguy changed his vote to PF, I was sure YYCguy was his scumbuddy. I thought we had this game in our pockets.

I have to reread, but I am looking especially at mnowax for being so *sure* that Pokerface was scum. Well I thought it too, but I actually was willing to look past that. Not mnowax.

Oh, and welcome ergo.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
yeahitismark
yeahitismark
Townie
yeahitismark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:21 am

Post by yeahitismark »

Those two weeks just flew past. So are we on lynch or die, or whatever the correct terminology is then?
fired.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by SirWario »

I believe its lynch or lose and yes we are on it.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:01 am

Post by Erg0 »

I'm liking yeahitismark as scum right now, he was the epitome of active lurking on day 1 and just slid in that last vote on PF once he knew he was in the clear to do so. He also asked the town for approval to hammer, which is one of those things that always grates on me.
FoS: yeahitismark

I'm mildly curious as to why YYCGuy was killed last night - I suppose he was obvtown, but I didn't see any breadcrumbing if his role and it's quite common for one of the ICs to be killed on night 1 in these games. Maybe Kerplunk's little spiel on leaving the suspicious players alive rubbed off on someone...
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”