Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Hi all!

Haven't read much of the thread yet, but it seems I am the head target. I think ben is just used to another type of mafia.

Wow, this jester-thing is mind-boggling. I wouldn't dare to lynch anyone. :) Anyways, this is going to be interesting.

Going to reread tomorrow, as it is bed time here in Dutchland.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:28 am

Post by Kerplunk »

ryan wrote:
Unvote:

Welcome to the game and to
be fair, I shall give you a chance to comment on a few of the things that ben did.
"To be fair"?? You'd rather lynch me right now, or what?

And what did ben actual do that I have to comment on? All I can say is that ben his play style is unsual for mafiascum.

For one thing. There *has* to be
at least
one scum in the five-bandwagon on ben. In my experience, scum are eager to vote. At least, I always am. Especially when you can hide behind the fact that the victim was acting pretty scummy.

So that is ojpower, PookyTheMagicalBear, ryan, Jimmy R, d3sisted.I have to digg this thread a little to make an accusation against one of them. But if Pooky is scum, he has balls to post a strategy guide for his scumbuddies in the main thread.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Sorry, double post.
Jimmy R wrote:Nothing new to say. My vote was on him because he was acting scummy and I didn't feel he was the Jester.
However, I'm willing to see what his replacement has to say as it could have just been poor play by Ben.

I'd be very surprised if any of the people who have replaced in are Jester as it's a pretty rare oppurtunity to play that role in a game like this and I wouldn't expect anyone having that to drop out without a very good reason.
Of course
, it was poor play by ben. And again as I said to ryan: "what should I say" exactly?
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:20 am

Post by Kerplunk »

ryan wrote:Kerplunk: Pretty defensive for somebody replacing in for a top suspect. To say Ben's play was "unusual" is a freakin understatement. His "I'll comment when I want to comment" to me said "I'm a newbie scum and not sure how to build cases" So when I said I wanted to be fair and give you a chance to bring some actual content to the game that is exactly what I want, some content outta that role, we haven't had much of anything from him. You can be defensive the rest of the game or you can post some cases on somebody, your choice.
Lol, I knew it. The "being too defensive" argument. Look at what you say: "Pretty defensive for somebody replacing in for a top suspect." :D Of course, I am defensive, because it seems I am still a top suspect.

Looked over the thread. The List.

ryan: thought first he was certainly mafia, after his post "being fair". But as I read the thread, he took a long while to vote for ben. However, he attacked ben rather hard and even after Jex said that that is just his playinhg style, ryan voted for ben. Dunno, but ryan is checked as
possible scum

PookyTheMagicalBear: his voting post for ben:
vote Benhalkum

Explain it to the Dead.
This is very harsh. :) But I think that's his playing style. Also his post about warning the mafia is confusing. Have to think about that further. Also, he isn't posting much. And he never commented again on his vote for ben.
Indecisive, but leaning towards possible scum

Jimmy R:
It was a throwaway vote guys, relax and leave it be. No one is going to play the Jester gambit on page 2 so lets get over it and move on.

I realise not much has happened and it's something to latch onto, but still...
This was a comment for the people who found TCS (ojpower) suspicious for joking around. Ã
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Kerplunk »

ryan is being crazy. Why the anger? You're not helping try to catch scum by being so offensive.

And I am sorry d3sisted, but Jimmy R's didn't sound as rolefishing at all. He was merely joking! You really believe someone would stand up after Jimmy's post to claim cop or something? People are stupid, but not that stupid.

And why did you vote for Jex? Why not Jimmy R? I think post 152 is very strange. Repeating the accusations made by ryan about Jimmy and ssf and than voting for Jex(!). I don't know precisely why, but that post reeks like scum.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:17 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

ryan wrote:I've voted for Pooky to see if a few votes will get him contributing. I had a post completely used against me by only taking certain parts out, how would you feel if I quoted you saying this....
Kerplunk wrote:I don't know precisely why, but I'm scum.
That wouldn't please you now would it?
Nope, but it seems you are using it as a an example. I am not angry.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:44 am

Post by Kerplunk »

ryan, I have never encountered such a dedicated poster as you. ;) (That's a compliment.) Although normally I would find that highly suspicious, but as Jex stated that this is your regular playing style: I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.

d3sisted gets scummier with every post. I'd be happy to lynch him.

I will be away this weekend. On monday I will post again.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:08 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

What is smamrmy anyway. :)

confirm vote: d3sisted
, voting for your attacker is soo scummy.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

d3sisted wrote:What the hell. So first, you see a couple of people throw suspicion on me, so you set yourself up to vote me. Cast some suspicion of your own, so you have something to go back upon when you're called for it.
Lol. Read post 131. I was the first one to vote for you. And you are getting scummier by the minute becasue you keep attacking people who attack you. Not a word about other players.

And what is this post?
I'm also going to unvote now seeing as everyone seems to think ryan is town, and started attacking me for voting him.
If you think ryan is scum, you should keep voting for him. Don't unvote because 'the town' seems to think he is innocent.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:28 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Sorry double post:

Attention: I will be away from Thursday untill Monday. If the mod wants to replace me becasue of that, that's okay (although rather not).

My sincere apologies.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:39 am

Post by Kerplunk »

I am back. No time to read everything, but I skimmed it and I see d3sisted claimed a townie role after Atticus was tempted to ask for it at L-2. But I have to reread better because I see that Atticus has gotten two votes as well.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Kerplunk »

JDodge wrote:
ryan wrote:We have 11 pages of information and you don't have anything to contribute to the game?
I'm not saying I have nothing to contribute. I'm saying that there's nothing that I can contribute at this time that will have any bearing on anything at all.
You are still voting for ryan. Who is off the radar again. You don't want to put him on it again? It seems you think he is the most suspicious right now.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Kerplunk »

What do you mean with "Doing so now would just distract from everyone else." It seems an essential word is missing here. :p
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Kerplunk »

d3sisted wrote:I think I'd actually support a
replacement
for pooky, with Jimmy at a close second.
If the players are still on this site and reading this game there is no need for a replacement. If you don't like the way they are playing, that doesn't mean they should be replaced.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:25 am

Post by Kerplunk »

My last post about metagaming.
Atticus wrote:Actually, you can replace people for lurking. The point mafia is communication. If you cut yourself off, you cut off the only fair resource the town has. Sure, it could be a good scum tactic, but it's, in a sense, cheating. Which is why people should be replaced for it.
I disagree with you here. If the mod prods a player and that player is saying that he is following the game but chooses not to post, that is his good right. Maybe the guy lurking wants to see who first notices it and thinks this is a scumtell (or not).

The point of mafia is not communication, but the point is to win. I agree with you that if you are a townie, it's in your best interests if you post sufficiently to get the discussion going. If you are pro-town and you lurk it is *probably* bad play.

But bad play doesn't mean you should replace someone. It is also bad play to hammer someone at page one. But should that player be replaced? Only if a player *wants* screw everyone else, he should be replaced. But if everyone plays to win, no-one should be replaced.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Kerplunk »

I am sorry, I also mean the point of
the game
mafia.

To add: if you believe someone is purposefully cutting himself off to evade suspiciousness, use your vote to get him to post.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Kerplunk »

ryan wrote:
Kerplunk wrote:I am sorry, I also mean the point of
the game
mafia.

To add: if you believe someone is purposefully cutting himself off to evade suspiciousness, use your vote to get him to post.
That isn't always true. I placed a vote on Pooky to get him posting and you saw where that got......nowhere. People who sign up for a game and only participate when they are given a prod irritate me.
I can understand that they are irritating, but it is no reason to replace them. It would also irritate me if you vote for me. :)

It is his right not to post, but if he really doesn't post than I will also be inclined to vote for him. But I think d3sisted is more suspicious for now. And why? Mostly gut

Most (experienced) players who are quiet at the first days will post more on later days. I am willing to give Pooky the benefit of the doubt for now.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Kerplunk »

ryan wrote:That doesn't give them an excuse just because they are exprienced. I hate the fact that players who "play that way" are given a free pass to Day 2. That's just a joke if you ask me. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent in mafiascum.
If people consequently vote for them in every game they play this way, that would be a way to condition them. Just like "lynch all liars". But people don't do that, because mostly there are others who more suspicious and they take the irritating playing style for granted.

I understand you don't like it, but I don't think you can do much about it without changing the rules. And I think the game of mafia should have as less rules as possible.

And of course everyone is guilty untill proven innocent, but some are more suspicious than others.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:34 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Well, screw me.

Well done, d3sisted!
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:04 am

Post by Kerplunk »

I think I don't like these games where there is a jester. I just want to lynch scum. Everyone his own.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”