Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:59 am

Post by Fishbulb »

mathcam wrote:I would say we should reveal if there were only one killing group left, but with two...they can pick off innocents as fast as we can name 'em. So I think I agree with Dourgrim that we shouldn't expose unless we have many innocents, i.e. let's wait until at least tomorrow.
I just read the whole thread, so maybe I missed it. But how do we know there are two killing groups left? Obviously, that would mess up my formula a great deal, so if that is the case, we should definitely keep the innocents secret for now.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:03 am

Post by Norinel »

Because there have been killed deaths, which probably mean mafia, and festering leg wound deaths, which probably mean ROUS/SK.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:25 am

Post by Dourgrim »

mathcam wrote:It seems to me that with only one exposed cop, he should be auto-protected by the docs. So losing DP isn't a huge risk. As for revealing, I would say we should reveal if there were only one killing group left, but with two...they can pick off innocents as fast as we can name 'em. So I think I agree with Dourgrim that we shouldn't expose unless we have many innocents, i.e. let's wait until at least tomorrow.
OK, hold it. Mere moments ago I was getting crucified for even suggesting there could be Docs left in the game, and now you're saying there are (and you used the plural, no less). How does this possibly make any sense?
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:43 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Dourgrim wrote:OK, hold it. Mere moments ago I was getting crucified for even suggesting there could be Docs left in the game...
A little melodramatic, don't you think? I would hardly call two comments that it seemed like "a lot of docs" to be considered "getting crucified".
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:52 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Norinel wrote:Because there have been killed deaths, which probably mean mafia, and festering leg wound deaths, which probably mean ROUS/SK.
I noticed that, but I guess I assumed we got all the mafia. With this size of a game, though, there probably is more than just two. That really makes me curious about what happened last night. I guess we will find out soon enough.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:39 am

Post by massive »

Fishbulb wrote:I noticed that, but I guess I assumed we got all the mafia.
Here, let me help get those false conclusions offa ya. Vizzini HAS to be in the game, as well as he HAS to be Mafia. He's such a crucial part of the movie. I'd also bet there's at least a fourth Mafia, be it the Albino or Yellin (my bet would be the Albino). We may have made a dent, but it's hardly over.

Sugar/DP: I'm assuming that the "innocents" that you have listed do not include the people we've confirmed are Florin regular townspeople?

Of the six or seven named innocents left, I can name at least five. I believe it's going to be hard for scum to role claim effectively. However, I want to put this out there for completeness's sake ... using the "townie clues" as provided by the first three generic townies, I believe I know what the "generic townie phrase" is, and could probably roleclaim against it ... so I'm not trusting any more generic townies besides the three we have already.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:19 pm

Post by mathcam »

Quite simply, Dourgrim, I bought your argument.

And Norinel explained exactly why I think there are two killing groups left...it seems unliekly to me the mafia would be so small. That's just not that much evil.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:16 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Alright. I'm with you now. Guess it was just an odd night.
massive wrote:I'd also bet there's at least a fourth Mafia, be it the Albino or Yellin (my bet would be the Albino).
I'd say Yellin, since the Albino wasn't really a bad guy, per say. At least, I certainly couldn't see him in a killing role, but I guess he could be part of the mafia. Not that it really gets us anywhere... Anyway, sorry for all of that. I think we're all in agreement, revealing innocents at this time = not a good idea.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:06 pm

Post by massive »

Fishbulb wrote:I'd say Yellin, since the Albino wasn't really a bad guy, per say.
What makes you think this way? All Yellin does is roll over without a fight. At least the Albino tortures someone. Hehe, maybe THAT'S why there was no kill last night? Because the Albino only tortures? That's a funny thought at least, but hardly practical.

Hrm. I will
vote mathcam
. I have been following his arguments quite blindly without thinking, which means he's likely Mafia given my recent gameplay.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:03 pm

Post by Sugar »

massive wrote:I'm assuming that the "innocents" that you have listed do not include the people we've confirmed are Florin regular townspeople?
Correct, at least in my case. The bonus I got was not about one of them, no. There are 3 of us, DP, one other I'm convinced of based on their posts (of innocence he practically boasts), and my bonus info. If DP's don't overlap mine, that's 8 out of 13 left.

I guess the thing to do at this point is get everyone talking and go from there, though it's so tempting to want to reveal, in case something bad happens to us. :?
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:24 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I still say 'reveal' - the chance is too high that one of us snuffs it the coming night.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:01 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Fishbulb wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:OK, hold it. Mere moments ago I was getting crucified for even suggesting there could be Docs left in the game...
A little melodramatic, don't you think? I would hardly call two comments that it seemed like "a lot of docs" to be considered "getting crucified".
I was referring to the four votes that got piled on rather quickly over the span of
less than a day
, actually... but I guess "crucified" might not be the most appropriate word. *shrug* It just sounds cool to say... :)
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:04 am

Post by Werebear »

The Albino in the movie is not the one who tortures Westley, is he? He just cares for the machine... if I remember correctly, he even appears symathetic to Westley. Not enough to RELEASE him, mind you... *grin*
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:10 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Exactly my point, Werebear. I'm not saying he's a good guy, but I doubt he's a killer. Probably some side guy to the mafia. Sure, Yellin doesn't do a whole lot in the movie, but he is more of the bad guy than the Albino.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:36 am

Post by mathcam »

Especially in this game, where there certainly no lack of roles that could be construed to be evil. There would be no need to go out of the way to make the albino evil.

massive: Huh?

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:50 am

Post by massive »

Well, since you put your defense so succinctly,
unvote mathcam
. Seriously though, I have a bad habit of blindly believing Mafia recently. It's like a rash or something.

The Albino does torture Westley in the first torture scene, under the direction of ... one of the other bad guys. I can see the scene but not if the guy has six fingers. :)

Beyond Vezzini and the two we've strung up, I can't think of anyone who's blatantly evil. I think everyone else is in this sort of "evil but lazy" category we've been discussing. What other roles are you thinking of, mathcam, that are "easily construed as evil"?

(Well, the mom DOES leave her son alone with Grandpa ... )
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:20 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, since you put your defense so succinctly
:). I try.

As to evil, this is more something I remember thinking at the beginning of the game...there are simply few characters who are definitely good. We could have generic Humperdinck guards and the like. Maybe the Impressive Clergyman. The booer was a possibility. I don't have a ton of examples ready, though.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:10 am

Post by massive »

mathcam wrote:We could have generic Humperdinck guards and the like.
It's a possibility, one that has me scratching my Van Dyke. (Yes, I have a weird beard type.) I'm not saying that this isn't possible - what I'm saying is that IF these roles (Yellin / Albino) are in the game, it's hardly likely that someone would claim them and say they would be pro-town. I'm looking at it more from a roleclaiming standpoint now ... if we collect the info from DP and Sugar, and start with whoever's left, what roles can they claim that might be disputable? I'm just saying that if they were to claim Yellin or the Albino, I would hard-pressed to say those were pro-town roles.

(I still maintain that Vizzini HAS to be in the game.)

I also think it's fair to say that the Old Booer and the Clergyman aren't in the game. If they were in the game and pro-town, they would have come out to blast the Mafia; if they were in the game and Mafia, why would other Mafia members claim their roles? So we can safely cross those names off of our "List of Potential Role Claims Left".
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:46 am

Post by mathcam »

what I'm saying is that IF these roles (Yellin / Albino) are in the game, it's hardly likely that someone would claim them and say they would be pro-town.
Unless they
are
in the game and they
are
pro-town...

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:56 am

Post by massive »

Well, they MIGHT be in the game and they MIGHT be pro-town, but I'm still gonna vote for 'em. :D
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:13 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, partly based on the fact that it sounds like we might be able to reveal a lot of names, and partly because the reason dialogue has just been me and massive going back and forth about something currently very trivial, I vote that DP and sugar reveal their respective innocents (and I'd say Sugar first, as DP is more confirmed).

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:02 am

Post by massive »

Well, you know, cam, SOMEONE had to keep bumping the thread up to the top. But I concur ... I think between who we KNOW is innocent and who we KNOW has to be in the game, we can make it VERY hard for the remaining scum.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:05 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Are we talking game-wide role claims? Or is that a bad idea?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:57 am

Post by massive »

Well, Sugar and DP both have innocent people, so I think if we can just confirm them innocent, we can still use them to counteract any fake role claims from the others. We find out who's innocent and start on the rest, I guess.

PS: Sugar, you make me laugh. :D
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:46 am

Post by rite »

What about any other cop roles? Shall we ask them (if they exist) to reveal as well, or should we tell them to wait?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”