Micro 507: Lazy Mod Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 69, Malakittens wrote:I'm stating that the tunneling is old. you can't read me for shit, but you still continue to scum read me every game.

Just want to address this real quick; I don't scum read you as much as you think I do, I think you're misremembering (sounds like it shouldn't be a real word?). My main issue with you, and the cause of most of our problems, is the way you acquire reads and don't explain them. That is what we tend to argue about, it's not normally because I scum read you. Having said that, my reasons for scum reading you this game were entirely different to anything else I have previously said.

Having said all that, it doesn't matter because after reading game I think you're town.

In post 71, Salamence20 wrote:Im suicidal night 1, so regardless of my alignment you wont deal with me past today, so w/e

I kind of want to let Sala live after this post.

In post 73, Salamence20 wrote:Also BBT always scumreads me, this time hes wrong though

I do? I think we have played together once and I caught you as scum, no?

In post 98, Firebringer wrote:
Way to tick me off.

I am seriously tunneling you now just for this restriction.

VOTE: prolapsed brain

Anyone else want to join me?

I'm no longer town reading Fire. This post is bad and it's an over-reaction to try and justify vote parking with weak reasons.

In post 100, Firebringer wrote:Join me on PB.

He must be die.

Do you have reasons for thinking he is scum?

In post 103, Malakittens wrote:Which makes me wonder why the hell you'd a) chose those modifiers on that role or even decide if a suicide was even a good idea, but thanks for the possible troll-sent-in-PM!

(tbh I kinda want to see this game ran as a mini or something, would be p coool)

This is such a good point though... why would Sala submit such an anti town role? Unless he was hoping to roll scum and it backfired and he rolled town?

In post 105, Salamence20 wrote:
1. Fuck BBT

That hurt. Like, really hurt.

In post 107, Malakittens wrote:I mean I really just want to lynch you on policy alone with how ANTI-TOWN THE ROLE IS.

Again, this ^^

In post 111, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
In post 108, Salamence20 wrote: accidently told the mod

You are aware, of course, that we were able to change our minds if we wanted to?

Again, this ^^
Hydra of BlueBloodedToffee and Plotinus

Radio BeardedCat was asked: Should I defend my buddy if he uses dice tags to decide whether to hammer the IC without a claim?
Radio BeardedCat answered: In principle yes, but it is not defend but rather policybus him for information.
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Want to lynch Sala, ASP or Fire Today.

Fairly comfortable with everyone else being some degree of town.

~BBT (both posts)

Radio BeardedCat was asked: Should I defend my buddy if he uses dice tags to decide whether to hammer the IC without a claim?
Radio BeardedCat answered: In principle yes, but it is not defend but rather policybus him for information.
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:48 am

Post by kyndy101 »

In post 125, BeardedCat wrote:
In post 69, Malakittens wrote:I'm stating that the tunneling is old. you can't read me for shit, but you still continue to scum read me every game.

Just want to address this real quick; I don't scum read you as much as you think I do, I think you're misremembering (sounds like it shouldn't be a real word?). My main issue with you, and the cause of most of our problems, is the way you acquire reads and don't explain them. That is what we tend to argue about, it's not normally because I scum read you. Having said that, my reasons for scum reading you this game were entirely different to anything else I have previously said.

Having said all that, it doesn't matter because after reading game I think you're town.

In post 71, Salamence20 wrote:Im suicidal night 1, so regardless of my alignment you wont deal with me past today, so w/e

I kind of want to let Sala live after this post.

In post 73, Salamence20 wrote:Also BBT always scumreads me, this time hes wrong though

I do? I think we have played together once and I caught you as scum, no?

In post 98, Firebringer wrote:
Way to tick me off.

I am seriously tunneling you now just for this restriction.

VOTE: prolapsed brain

Anyone else want to join me?

I'm no longer town reading Fire. This post is bad and it's an over-reaction to try and justify vote parking with weak reasons.

In post 100, Firebringer wrote:Join me on PB.

He must be die.

Do you have reasons for thinking he is scum?

In post 103, Malakittens wrote:Which makes me wonder why the hell you'd a) chose those modifiers on that role or even decide if a suicide was even a good idea, but thanks for the possible troll-sent-in-PM!

(tbh I kinda want to see this game ran as a mini or something, would be p coool)

This is such a good point though... why would Sala submit such an anti town role? Unless he was hoping to roll scum and it backfired and he rolled town?

In post 105, Salamence20 wrote:
1. Fuck BBT

That hurt. Like, really hurt.

In post 107, Malakittens wrote:I mean I really just want to lynch you on policy alone with how ANTI-TOWN THE ROLE IS.

Again, this ^^

In post 111, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
In post 108, Salamence20 wrote: accidently told the mod

You are aware, of course, that we were able to change our minds if we wanted to?

Again, this ^^

Maybe Sala sent in the role and the mod added suicidal?
That's what I think.

Or Sala is just trolling us to get off the lynchlist. Smart idea, except we'll lynch you tomorrow if you don't die tonight!
I agree with the read on fire. We thought he was newbtown but he refuted that with some mafia site I haven't heard of ( but I guess they have different rules as someone stated?)- so I'm pretty sure he's just either worse at being town than me or scum.
Reads list coming later (I have work)
"ARANEA: No! I will not "clam down." Clamming is not something you can do, unless you do it UP, or you are literally retrieving clams from a 8ed of soft oceanic soil"
"TEREZI: 1T 1S L1K3 TH3 L3G1SL4C3R4TORS H4NDBOOK S4YS
TEREZI: THOS3 WHO 4R3 CUT FROM TH3 S4M3 CLOTH
TEREZI: 4R3 F1T TO SW1NG FROM TH3 S4M3 ROP3!"
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Firebringer »

I am amazed at how fast bearded cat flipped me from town to scum. All because I switched on to PB.

Is it the way I did it?

Or possibly because I am pressuring PB, implying some very small buddying going on.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Who »

In post 127, kyndy101 wrote:
Maybe Sala sent in the role and the mod added suicidal?
That's what I think.

Has the mod done that to anyone else? Added something which just wasn't there?

Or Sala is just trolling us to get off the lynchlist. Smart idea, except we'll lynch you tomorrow if you don't die tonight!

The problem is that he might be scum and have some really really powerful role.

And personally I think that Firebringer's down to null. He could just be newbtown pissed that people are calling him newb. Or he could be scum pissed that people are calling him newb.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Who »

The mod never said he would just add things other than details/context.
Who said that?
Or is it?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Firebringer »

@Who

I don't think I have been called a newb until you just called me one.
So yeah your read doesn't make sense.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Who »

In post 131, Firebringer wrote:@Who

Newb is a part of newbtown. Which you have been called a lot. I'm assuming you didn't take offense at the "town" part.
Who said that?
Or is it?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don't take offense to insults that have no meaning.

Calling me newbtown has no meaning .

I am not new. Therefore why should I care or be insulted?

I was more annoyed by PB restriction vote than anything else.
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:28 am

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 131, Firebringer wrote:@Who

It happened a bunch of times:

Spoiler: quote stripes
In post 19, Malakittens wrote:Actually Fire is pretty new, so I kinda expect that reaction out of a
newbie.

Now to determine if that's a town or a scum reaction.

In post 40, BeardedCat wrote:
Firebringer, how much experience do you have with mafia?
<-- i don't ask this question if i don't think someone is a newb

In post 70, BeardedCat wrote:
firebringer
leaning
town on him, less sure than i am of kyndy but I liked mala's assessment of him.
<-- this townlean was conditional on the newb part

In post 85, Firebringer wrote:Is rather be called scum than newbie town. So insulting.

In post 88, BeardedCat wrote:
@firebringer site meta is different here than at sc2mafia so you're acting like someone who is new to the site.

In post 128, Firebringer wrote:I am amazed at how fast bearded cat flipped me from town to scum. All because I switched on to PB.

Is it the way I did it?

Or possibly because I am pressuring PB, implying some very small buddying going on.

so yeah, there was a lot of "let's give the newer player some benefit of the doubt" but if you're going to be insulted then we can just call you scum instead. But I still think there's a chance that you're mislynch bait instead of scum, it's hard to tell with players who are newer to the site because they're used to a different site meta where different things are considered scummy. Outright newbies are actually easier because if they've never been scum before, or never been town before then it's pretty obvious.

Maybe you'll be easier to sort once you have more posts. We're interested in ASP right now.

As for Prolapse, he's started scumhunting so I'd like to see him keeping doing that but I'm happy with him for now. Why do you think him voting to restrain you is scummy? Do you think using the restrain feature is scummy in general or only in this particular case? What do you think of the other restrain votes?

--Plotinus

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Malakittens »

Can we lynch Sala now?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Lynch me tomorrow if i am lying
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 135, Malakittens wrote:Can we lynch Sala now?

No, we can wait on sala.
In post 136, Salamence20 wrote:Lynch me tomorrow if i am lying

Don't shoot anyone yet!!!!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:51 am

Post by Malakittens »

Okay I'm pretty sure that fire is partners with Sala. Hasnt grasped yet why Sala needs death unless he obeys being leashed.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Malakittens »

Oh im pretty sure I won't be here tonight. Im sleeping over a friends house who I know doesn't have wifi.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:53 am

Post by BeardedCat »

@Mala we're interested in Sala too but where we're at at the moment is that he can have 1 night to prove that he's really suicidal.

Though, actually, Sala, and i mean this in the least rolefishy way possible, but what's so important that you want to do in the upcoming night phase that you don't want to be lynched? Do you still want to vig gameplay? we could just lynch him later if he's scum?

pedit: hmm, I could see that.

--Plotinus

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 138, Malakittens wrote:Okay I'm pretty sure that fire is partners with Sala. Hasnt grasped yet why Sala needs death unless he obeys being leashed.

Would I be as obvious to buddy and coach my ally day one? I guess to you I would.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Malakittens »

Touchy. I never once called you a 'newb' persay. I just prior said your reaction is pretty good for someone with a younger join date than most players in this game.

Idk don't gI've me the 'I'm too scummy to be scum' excuse. Scum have coached and buddy, it's possible. But do you see why the only reason for Sala to live is if he promises not to shoot. I'm really Sure that's he's scum with a possible extra VIG shot or a super strong role, but I can tell you that the chances of him being town with a Vig shot is very low.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:01 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 142, Malakittens wrote:Touchy. I never once called you a 'newb' persay. I just prior said your reaction is pretty good for someone with a younger join date than most players in this game.

Idk don't gI've me the 'I'm too scummy to be scum' excuse. Scum have coached and buddy, it's possible. But do you see why the only reason for Sala to live is if he promises not to shoot. I'm really Sure that's he's scum with a possible extra VIG shot or a super strong role, but I can tell you that the chances of him being town with a Vig shot is very low.

Assuming that is true that he has extra shot, that makes the mafia pretty op in this. which should mean town has some equal power to match that.

I doubt his day 1 claim is false. Day 1 claims get you killed in my experience he is either trying to direct NK towards him, or he is what he says he is.

We could go with no lynch and ask him to shoot specific player to confirm the Vigo part.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Malakittens »

Oh god I wish I wasn't mobile because I want to channell mollie really badly right now.

-channels-

(Insert a seat with a spotlight image here)

Have a seat. We gotta talk.

His role doesn't give any information at all.

The weak modifier is very similar to a hider (which is a variant of a cop). If weak targets scum he dies.

unless he's adding suicidial in. He means he dies anyways.

A VIg shot kills whoeever.

what im trying to tell you is he is 98% likely not to be a vig. He's lying about that.

Number crunch time!!

If we have two scum, one SK and rest town numbers are: 2:1:6 if there's no SK it's 2:7. (Most likely the later)

If we lynch town. Numbers probably go down to 2:1:5 or 2:6. If he dies and shoots town it goes down to 2:1:3 (this doesn't include the scum kill or SK mind you) or 2:4.

First scenario is a death wish. Second one is also.

His role is too ducking unbalanced to be true.

Make sense...?

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

So Sala you're either being lynched unless you want to tell me that what you claimed is bullshit and untrue. Or for some magically unreal reality that you were an unlucky dragon to get that role you don't use your shot and take one for the team.

Pick your poison.

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Yeah because fakeclaiming this and gaining attention is how Im going to win this game as scum :roll:
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Malakittens »

Yet you're still fucking dodging.

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:37 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

Sorry guys, I've started going by my bookmarks due to the number of games, and I just realized I never bookmarked this one.
In post 133, Firebringer wrote:I don't take offense to insults that have no meaning.

Calling me newbtown has no meaning .

I am not new. Therefore why should I care or be insulted?

I was more annoyed by PB restriction vote than anything else.

Your playstyle suggest that you're still new to the site, despite not being new to the game in its entirety. The random discussions (anime?) and general lack of scum hunting suggest you're either unsure what you're doing, or trying to slide by as scum. Do you have a legitimate reason to vote PB?

P-Edit: What would we accomplish from a no-lynch and a vig kill? And another thought- why would it work now if it didn't work on Page 1?

Salamance isn't reading necessarily as scum right now, but he's definitely anti-town based on his role claim. If that's legitimately his role, I'm confused why he'd pick it, but I'm not going to say it's impossible or even improbable. However, I'm worried that he theoretically could be scum trying to survive the night because he's capable of doing something more deadly at night than normal.

I don't get whoever was saying Mala scum. I'm reading her town, and agree with her thoughts regarding Sala. I would agree to a lynch there today.

BC is town, though I'm not exactly a fan of the portion of one of their posts quoted in by Who. It almost looks like leading, but I don't believe it to be certain.
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:09 am

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

@MOD:
What would be your process in case two players submitted the same role?
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”