CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Word on the street has it that Glork has a firm and smooth butt.

IGMEOY: Glork's butt

Everyone voting for Glork is highly suspect. I mean, look at those magnificent buns!

Vote: xyzzy
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 pm

Unvote, Vote: AutumnEvenings

How's that for a reaction?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:16 pm

Oy Glork, who should we lynch?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:26 pm

LoudmouthLee wrote:So.. there hasn't been a night. There is no masonry in this game.. and you've already made *2* references to Glork's innocence.
I did?

The first reference was to Glork's butt, and nothing else. It's called random voting.

The second "reference" was a question directed at Glork on who he wants to lynch considering we're facing a deadline. Nothing more.

You know as well as I do that Glork is a difficult fellow to read, and I've decided to do a little probing in his direction in an attempt to get an idea of where he stands.
I absolutely do NOT understand this move. Stewie was looking for AE's reaction, and then, you vote her as well for even LESS of a reason that Stewie voted her!
Actually, I did have a reason, I just neglected to share it until now.

I found it odd that she addressed Stewie's "reaction vote", yet completely ignored MBL's, and her Post 51, particularly the first paragraph, had a weird vibe to it.

Quite obviously, I was looking for a reaction myself, from Stewie and from AE. Stewie seems indifferent, and interestingly enough, so does AE herself, considering it was the 3rd vote on her.

Here's a question for Glork:
How come it took LML to comment for you to take note of my "buddy-up tactics"?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:13 am

LML wrote:Sorry, but I believe we had this conversation before, CtD...

*METAGAME TIME*

When someone plays as scum, they sometimes say things out loud that they do not mean to say. For instance, a scum member would say out loud that they need mod clarification of their role.
You're severely underestimating me.

This is not scumchat, you'd have to look
very
hard to ever see me slip as scum on the forum (let alone in my first post of the game), and even then you'd probably come out empty.

You may not be inclined to believe me, but I was about as deliberate as I could get when I posted my first post of the game. I had formulated it pretty much verbatim
before I even got my role
, just based on the fact that the game had Glork in it, and I <3 him, and I wanted to see his reaction. I was actually considering waiting on posting because he only had one vote at the time, but figured it was enough for the joke to work.

I know you're fond of analyzing the random voting stage, but I'll tell you flat out that you got it wrong.
@CtD: Talk me into voting Glork over you. I will be on a massive campaign to lynch one of the both of you. I'm feeling Stewie, too... but.. c'est la vie. I feel less strongly on him than the both of you.
Considering I'm not convinced about Glork at this point myself, I'll kindly pass on that offer. You'd be wasting your time if you campaigned to lynch me, but I'm pretty sure we'll be able to lynch someone else without your help.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:42 am

Let me see if I get this straight:

You think I'm scum with Glork and subconsciously let that slip in my very first post of the game by making multiple references to the quality of his behind and how no one should vote for him because of it. Is that about it?

I'm a bit confused, because "buddying up", in the traditional sense, is not something done between two scum players on the same team.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:44 pm

Crub wrote:If I had to pick a person to be xyzzy's partner right now I'd have to go with CTD, based solely on voting pattern.
What's wrong with my voting pattern? I voted him during the random voting phase, and unvoted him when the random voting phase was over. I didn't see the case against him, and to be quite honest, I don't see it even now that he was revealed as scum. As far as I'm concerned, lynching him was a rather lucky shot in the dark.

I seriously doubt the second Fire mafiate was on the xyzzy lynch. Throwing your partner under the bus is strongly discouraged by the set-up, and considering the general weakness of the wagon there really wasn't any compelling reason to bus either.

Incidentally, that list includes MBL and Glork, both of whom were the candidates for counterwagons, which is where I suspect the second Fire dude was sitting. The one who's sticking out like a sore thumb to me is
Vendagoat
, who had been FoSing xyzzy almost all day long while keeping his vote elsewhere. Specifically, he was on both Glork and MBL. If anyone was actively trying to derail the xyzzy-wagon, it was him.

Crub
was also part of both the Glork and MBL wagon, but he was actually the wagon starter in both cases, which makes it less likely in my view that he was being opportunistic Fire scum.

And then of course there's
LoudMouthLee
(who also was on both Glork and MBL), who's playing the game much like what I'm used to seeing of him recently. It seems to me like his pro-town approach to games is of the take-no-prisoners, guns-blazing variety, and in the last game of his I've read (MaD), he was furiously and memorably wrong. He was the only one of those 3 who openly opposed the xyzzy lynch, and while I
do
believe him capable of playing such a cheeky game, I don't really have a problem seeing him simply being wrong here as well.

To summarize, I believe the most likely Fire mafiate is:
1. Vendagoat
2. Crub
3. LML

In that order.

As for the Ice mafia:
I've said earlier that AutumnEvenings is giving me weird vibes, and she's the most feasible candidate on the xyzzy wagon, in my opinion. But I'm not convinced the Ice mafia was on the xyzzy wagon at all. Stewie has been fairly unremarkable so far, which is reminiscent of a recent scum performance of his (Totally Awesome Mafia). Crub, Vendagoat and LML are candidates again.

I'll do another reread (particularly of D2, which didn't play a big part in this analysis) to further hunt the Ice mafia, but until then, we might as well rid ourselves of Fire.

Vote: Vendagoat

NOTE: I will be leaving for 2 weeks on Saturday, and I probably won't have internet access during that time. Considering the stringent deadlines in this game, I don't think there's any choice but to replace me (and I believe the mod is already hunting for one). I'll continue playing until Saturday though, and I intend to make it worth your while.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:02 pm

Vendagoat:

Would you agree that xyzzy's partner had a increased interest in not seeing xyzzy hang due to the set-up quirks, and was therefore more likely to actively seek another lynch?

If your answer is yes, who do you think fits the bill most?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:09 am

I'm not the doc.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:35 am

Vendagoat wrote: You knew XyZ was scum and now you know I am scum.
Did you just claim Ice mafia?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:46 am

When and why did you drop your suspicion of me, LML?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:27 am

NOTE: This will probably be my last post in this game.
--------------

I actually find it distinctly possible that Glork protected AutumnEvenings. I couldn't find any obvious breadcrumbs in his D2 play, but he did argue pretty strongly about her not being Fire mafia and showed some interest in the people making cases for her being Ice mafia (LML specifically). It's nothing definitive, but certainly a possibility in my mind.

That said, I very much think that she should be lynched today. I don't think Vendagoat was lying when he said he tried to kill her (his hammer-post reeked of honest frustration), and since there's no way of knowing for sure whether Glork protected her, that's a chance I'm willing to take. In addition, I've been thinking that she's a a good candidate for Ice-scum even before Vendagoat revealed his information.

Speaking of which, here's a question for LML:
LML, in his last post of D2 wrote:As of right now, I'm thinking a MBL / AE Ice mafia and a Goat / XYZ Fire Mafia. AE is the biggest "guess" of the bunch currently.
So you thought AE was Ice mafia before Vendagoat imploded. So far so good.
LML, in his first post of D3 wrote:Now, we have a situation. We will NEVER know if AE was protected by Glork. So, Vendagoat could very easily just have attacked the protected AE. I'm rereading, and will post again after I find the said post.
Huh? Why does it suddenly sound like you're protecting her? Does the fact that Vendagoat fingered her make it
less
likely that she is scum?

From my point of view, I find mneme and Stewie's votes perfectly reasonable, because I was suspicious of AE on D2, and that suspicion was cemented by Vendagoat's confession. You were suspicious of her on D2 as well, yet your reaction is the complete opposite. I find that
very
curious.

Also, I'd still like you to answer this question from D2:
CTD wrote:When and why did you drop your suspicion of me, LML?
I find it to be very unlike you to subtly drop a suspicion you voiced very strongly earlier on.

Apart from AE (who should be lynched), I find LML, and to a lesser extend Crub to be the most likely Ice mafiates. Although there's no one in this game I find explicitly trustworthy, I am currently not really suspicious of MBL, mneme and Mert.

Stewie has been creeping up there, though. He's still too quiet for my liking, and this post I found just odd:
Stewie wrote:I think the chances of Glork protecting AE are low enough that this might be worth a shot. If we are wrong, however, then we'll be at 7, then 6 after the night.
Therefore, if we do lynch wrong and I'm the one offed at night, don't forget to do a no lynch to bring it down to 5 players.
This game is full of capable players, and I'm sure none of us have to be told to no lynch with odd numbers in lylo. In that sense, it's an utterly useless comment. However, he does try to assure us that he's pro-town with it, which is completely uncalled for from a townie, and therefore a scumtell in my book.

If anyone has questions you want answered from me as opposed to my replacement, ask them quickly.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:59 pm

Awesome game, everyone, very well played by the town.

Both mafias had it somewhat rough, with Fire getting screwed by the deadline, and Ice getting screwed by Fire (although to be honest, AE was the prime suspect even without the Vendagoat revealing her as his target), but that doesn't diminish the town's accomplishment.

As for modding/set-up:
I already told Guardian privately that static deadlines in my opinion shouldn't be used in games run through the Open queue, but overall, they weren't a big detriment to my enjoyment. I liked the set-up (even-though it's somewhat imbalanced towards scum), and I
really
enjoyed the deathscenes. Mad props to Guardian. :)
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:48 pm

In my opinion, what you did was perfectly within the rules. It's an integral part of the set-up that Fire and Ice can find out each other's identity, and use or expose that information in order to get each other lynched.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”