Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

Erg0 Wrote:
I suppose we've at least learned something from this based on people's attitudes towards Bobby. Funnily enough, this more or less solidifies the two biggest suspects that I had after my reread yesterday.

FoD: Xdaamno, Nelly632

If either or both of these two is scum then I like the odds of ~N9V~ being scum too.
I found this post odd... So can you draw out your case as too why you have a FOS on me... Because one if it is based on my FOS of Bobby then you must have seen that I was simply responding to ABR request for my opinion on the person... Also your last comment implys that if N9V is scum then I am scum also, which I find really odd because if I am not mistaken I believe me POST is what kind off started the bandwagon on N9V so it would make more sense for you to consider me SCUM if he shows up innocent...

FOS : Erg0
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Well I never really thought he was scum, if that makes you feel better about his playing abilities. I wouldn't have picked cop, but the case against him was way overinflated. I do love how everyone backpedalled so fast when he came up as a cop, though.

I need to do a little bit of a brain dump since I'll be away for a couple of days and y'all will probably generate 20 pages while I'm gone. :P

Oman: How do you feel about AlSleet now?

Nelly: Why were looking so hard for reasons to vote for Bobby?

Xdaamno: What's with all the jumpiness? Your opinions have changed a number of times today without intervening explanations. I take it that you're sticking with your opinion that either Albert or Bobby is scum?

Pulsewidth('s replacement): why are you scum?

Skruffs: How 'bout an actual opinion on one of the players?

SirWario: hmmm...

Think that's it for now. Nobody kill me 'til I get back.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:56 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

Nelly: Why were looking so hard for reasons to vote for Bobby?
I don't believe I was, I was simply answering a question from ABR about what I thought of Bobby.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

In conclusion I believe that
Bobby does deserve a FOS
BobbyPlump, but
I will not jump on a bandwagon to vote him off
He could just be a townie who is being perceived as Scum by backtracking and not being consistent
While ON the other hand N9V has not respond to my thread or any other threads since he has be place on a bandwagon while on the other hand Bobby continues to defend himself…
Hope this helps you...
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by Erg0 »

For Nelly:
Nelly (206) wrote:F) This is a good sign in my eyes that Skruffs is townie, in my mind a MOB member would not bring up this option because he would not want anyone to second guess my thoughts on N9V. He would want everyone to jump on a bandwagon and get a townie lynched... So by pointing out to everyone that this is a option gives me a good sign that he is townie...
This from your next post after voting N9V. You seem to be basing your theory on Skruffs' towniness on N9V being town - but you're still voting him (N9V). This makes no sense to me.

Your arguments for disliking Bobby in 276 are kinda weak - the meta is bad and the rest of it is very thin (in my opinion). Your semantic argument in 283 ("even when I'm town") is just not a good read, and then you go with:
Nelly (283) wrote:I would like some other peoples opinion on this first...
After writing a whole post theorising on scenarios where N9V is town and Bobby is scum, then finding what you think is a good tell, you're still waiting for town approval before you vote for him? Doesn't ring true to me.

And the piece de resistance:
Nelly (173) wrote:Guess I am getting put on the scum list…
People who joke about being scum early on day 1 are statistically very likely to be scum.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:12 pm

Post by Erg0 »

For Nelly:
Nelly (206) wrote:F) This is a good sign in my eyes that Skruffs is townie, in my mind a MOB member would not bring up this option because he would not want anyone to second guess my thoughts on N9V. He would want everyone to jump on a bandwagon and get a townie lynched... So by pointing out to everyone that this is a option gives me a good sign that he is townie...
This from your next post after voting N9V. You seem to be basing your theory on Skruffs' towniness on N9V being town - but you're still voting him (N9V). This makes no sense to me.

Your arguments for disliking Bobby in 276 are kinda weak - the meta is bad and the rest of it is very thin (in my opinion). Your semantic argument in 283 ("even when I'm town") is just not a good read, and then you go with:
Nelly (283) wrote:I would like some other peoples opinion on this first...
After writing a whole post theorising on scenarios where N9V is town and Bobby is scum, then finding what you think is a good tell, you're still looking for town approval before you vote for him? You never actually voted for him, but it looked to me like you really wanted to.

And the piece de resistance:
Nelly (173) wrote:Guess I am getting put on the scum list…
People who joke about being scum early on day 1 are statistically very likely to be scum.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Dang, sorry. Read the second one, it's slightly amended.
V/LA most weekends.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

Nelly (206) wrote:
F) This is a good sign in my eyes that Skruffs is townie, in my mind a MOB member would not bring up this option because he would not want anyone to second guess my thoughts on N9V. He would want everyone to jump on a bandwagon and get a townie lynched... So by pointing out to everyone that this is a option gives me a good sign that he is townie...

What my comment above says is IF SKRUFFS was SCUM he would not want to contrdict what I say because in THIS SCENARIO SCRUFFS IS SCUM and N9V is TOWN... In more lamest terms imagine if SKRUFFS is SCUM and N9V is TOWN, Sckruffs sees a easy lynch so he doesnt want to rock the boat so he will not say anything bad about my comments because he doesnt want anyone doubting what I say... But the fact that he does doubt me makes me feel like he is TOWN and futhurs my opinion on N9V being scum... I do hope I explained that for you, in my head it make alot more sense but when I try to type it I cant word it properly...
After writing a whole post theorising on scenarios where N9V is town and Bobby is scum, then finding what you think is a good tell, you're still looking for town approval before you vote for him? You never actually voted for him, but it looked to me like you really wanted to.
The problem I see is that you are not paying enough attention to this game, your above post claims I posted a an entire post claiming N9V to be TOWN and another post claiming Bobby to be SCUM... I honestly dont believe you even read my thread and I amsure now you will back track and say it was all a typo... I also believe I quoted above serveeral scenarios to explain Bobby acting the way he did... At no point was I ever looking for town approval to vote for Bobby read this again please...
In conclusion I believe that Bobby does deserve a FOS BobbyPlump, but I will not jump on a bandwagon to vote him off… He could just be a townie who is being perceived as Scum by backtracking and not being consistent. While
ON the other hand N9V has not respond to my thread or any other threads since he has be place on a bandwagon while on the other hand Bobby continues to defend himself…
I think your case on me is extremely thin and it looks like you are reaching really hard... I think you should take some time and reread this entire thread before making baseless accusations Sir...
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

EBWOP...

Nelly (206) wrote:
F) This is a good sign in my eyes that Skruffs is townie, in my mind a MOB member would not bring up this option because he would not want anyone to second guess my thoughts on N9V. He would want everyone to jump on a bandwagon and get a townie lynched... So by pointing out to everyone that this is a option gives me a good sign that he is townie...

Now I actually understand this better...The problem I see also is that you dont understand what I am saying and instead of asking for me to explain it differently you simply jump and make assumptions... And as we all know assumptions make fools out of people... You assumed my post involving Skruffs was claiming N9V to be town and with that assumption tried to prove your point but instead made a fool out of yourself... Next time just simply ask a question and I will answer but please dont attack me because it makes yourself look really SCUMMY...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:46 pm

Post by Oman »

Erg0 wrote:Oman: How do you feel about AlSleet now?
The majority of my analysis would have been on whether or not he hopped on the bobby wagon before a lynch, that is now, of course, redundant.

Also he hasn't posted since bobby went down so I can't guage anything from a reaction yet.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by Oman »

This is the worst argument, and I hate it.

It always happens "Who's scum?" "ME" And everyone takes it seriously.

Sometimes people joke in games for no reason other then to joke in games.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Nelly632 wrote:
Nelly (206) wrote:

What my comment above says is IF SKRUFFS was SCUM he would not want to contrdict what I say because in THIS SCENARIO SCRUFFS IS SCUM and N9V is TOWN... In more lamest terms imagine if SKRUFFS is SCUM and N9V is TOWN, Sckruffs sees a easy lynch so he doesnt want to rock the boat so he will not say anything bad about my comments because he doesnt want anyone doubting what I say... But the fact that he does doubt me makes me feel like he is TOWN and futhurs my opinion on N9V being scum... I do hope I explained that for you, in my head it make alot more sense but when I try to type it I cant word it properly...
My point is that your opening sentence is "This is a good sign that Skruffs is a townie". Not "If N9V is scum then I think Skruffs is a townie". You may have intended there to be a condition on your feeling that Skruffs was town, but you didn't
say
that. Also, you're failing to consider the possibility that they're both scum, which fits your observation equally well since Skruffs would want to divert the wagon in that case.
Erg0 wrote:
The problem I see is that you are not paying enough attention to this game, your above post claims I posted a an entire post claiming N9V to be TOWN and another post claiming Bobby to be SCUM... I honestly dont believe you even read my thread and I amsure now you will back track and say it was all a typo... I also believe I quoted above serveeral scenarios to explain Bobby acting the way he did... At no point was I ever looking for town approval to vote for Bobby read this again please...
No typos, I stand by what I said - which was that you spent a lot of time focusing on these scenarios. My impression was that you were laying the groundwork for a vote on Bobby, and trying to make sure that it wouldn't come back to bite you later.

I think the problem is more that you're thinking what you
mean
, and I'm reading what you
say
. I prefer to ask questions the way I'm doing it, because I see it as getting better results. YMMV.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Oman wrote:
This is the worst argument, and I hate it.

It always happens "Who's scum?" "ME" And everyone takes it seriously.

Sometimes people joke in games for no reason other then to joke in games.
Well then people should stop saying it.

I wouldn't apply this in every case, Nelly's remark was unprovoked and overly fatalistic in my opinion.
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by Oman »

Well, I usually take jokes as jokes on D1 or (in a case like this) beofre the first death. Then, stuff gets serious.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

Also, you're failing to consider the possibility that they're both scum, which fits your observation equally well since Skruffs would want to divert the wagon in that case.
Valid Point I really didnt consider that much...
No typos, I stand by what I said - which was that you spent a lot of time focusing on these scenarios. My impression was that you were laying the groundwork for a vote on Bobby, and trying to make sure that it wouldn't come back to bite you later.

I think the problem is more that you're thinking what you mean, and I'm reading what you say. I prefer to ask questions the way I'm doing it, because I see it as getting better results. YMMV.
I see, but just so were clear the only reason Bobbys name came out of my mouth was to answer ABR question... I didnt even think of him until the question was asked and then I went back and reread everything to give ABR a valid answer. It could have been easily done for anyone else, I can assure you that my vote for N9V would and will stand until he says something and even if I would have liked what he said and changed my vote I would have reread everything and proceeded with caution before placing my vote on Bobby...
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:In other news, I would like Nelly632 to tell us what he thinks about bobby, as I'm getting an instinctual feeling that they may be scumbuddies.
The question itself is significant here, as it is a bit prejudicial. I do wonder what the answer would have been if Albert had left out the second part, though.

Albert, are you able to expand on this instinctual feeling now that Nelly has responded? Obviously Bobby is not scum, but how do you feel about Nelly now?
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by Oman »

Erg0 wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:In other news, I would like Nelly632 to tell us what he thinks about bobby, as I'm getting an instinctual feeling that they may be scumbuddies.
The question itself is significant here, as it is a bit prejudicial. I do wonder what the answer would have been if Albert had left out the second part, though.
I think you're reaching a bit here. Everyone asks questions with preformed opinions, which means prejudicial questions.
Erg0 wrote:Albert, are you able to expand on this instinctual feeling now that Nelly has responded? Obviously Bobby is not scum, but how do you feel about Nelly now?
Me too.

I agree with the second part but not the first. Although if you care to elaborate on the "Question itself if significant" bit I'd be happy.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:58 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I mean that Albert gives an indication of the answer that he's looking for in the question itself. By saying that he thinks that Nelly and Bobby are scumbuddies he's tipping Nelly to the fact that he may be better off distancing himself from Bobby - which is exactly what he does. I wasn't really looking at it in this light before, and it does diminish the significance of Nelly's case on Bobby to a certain extent (though not entirely).

This will be my last post for 2 days. I'd like to hear from the others I mentioned, and also from N9V obviously, since the votes only fell off him by default.
V/LA most weekends.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:00 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Ergo0 wrote: What's with all the jumpiness? Your opinions have changed a number of times today without intervening explanations. I take it that you're sticking with your opinion that either Albert or Bobby is scum?
Actually, I've just made two sub-points to my main argument, possibly along with a few other off-things I've noticed. By this, I mean my argument has pretty much
always
been that bobby or Albert were scum, and I've also provided arguments against bobby or Albert individually. If you go back and read, I think it will become clear, as I haven't actually formulated an argument against anyone other than those two.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:10 am

Post by Erg0 »

How about N9V? I seem to recall you had him at #2 a while ago.

(PS ok I lied - maybe one more post)
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:26 am

Post by Oman »

Xdaamno, what is your current read on Albert? Mind restating that argument you formulated in one post, including the vig.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:38 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Which post was that? -_-'
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:43 am

Post by Erg0 »

If you're responding to Oman, I think he meant put your entire argument into one post. If you're responding to me, it was post 229.
V/LA most weekends.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

'BM's special fried' Vote Count

Albert B. Rampage 5 (SirWario, JordanA24, XDaamno, Quinnster, GodofWine)
N9V 3 (Nelly632, Jdodge, Kison)
Xdaamno 2 (Skruffs, Albert B. Rampage)
Somestrangeflea 1 (N9V)

Not Voting (6): YagamiLight, AlSleet, SSF, Pulsewidth, Oman, Erg0

with 17 alive, it now takes 9 votes to kill someone.

Oh and to clarify, NOBODY MAY POST AFTER THEY HAVE DIED.

And some good news for you all:

MastermindofSin replaces Pulsewidth
, effective as soon as i send him his role pm. :D

please all give him a friendly welcome to the game.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:17 am

Post by Oman »

Erg0 wrote:If you're responding to Oman, I think he meant put your entire argument into one post. If you're responding to me, it was post 229.
I don't even need to post, you've got my back :D

Yeah, he's right. I want to see it all in one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”