DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:40 am

Post by DeliciousGoldfish »

Wow. I just read it again and noticed some funny little hint-dropping... benhalkum and InHim appear, in my eyes, to be scum partners.

They throw suspicion each others' way... Jut little bits... Nothing solid. benhalkum even says "as if trying to get people suspecious of me." then votes him even though he said 2 posts prior to that that he didn't think voting him would be wise yet. He only voted him because he was prodded to for looking like he defended him.

wtf mate?

No wonder Inhim says he thinks the new bandwagon is better than the wagon against ben... haha.

Though obviously I can't PROVE this until the game ends or they are nked or lynched but... I believe I have a good theory goin.
The snack that smiles back.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Mirth »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Wow. I just read it again and noticed some funny little hint-dropping... benhalkum and InHim appear, in my eyes, to be scum partners.

They throw suspicion each others' way... Jut little bits... Nothing solid. benhalkum even says "as if trying to get people suspecious of me." then votes him even though he said 2 posts prior to that that he didn't think voting him would be wise yet. He only voted him because he was prodded to for looking like he defended him.

wtf mate?

No wonder Inhim says he thinks the new bandwagon is better than the wagon against ben... haha.

Though obviously I can't PROVE this until the game ends or they are nked or lynched but... I believe I have a good theory goin.
Yet there is something that doesn't add up with this theory. InHim is obviously an experienced player. So why would he be basically giving himself away like that if he is mafia? I don't get it.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Zindaras »

Mirth wrote:Yet there is something that doesn't add up with this theory. InHim is obviously an experienced player. So why would he be basically giving himself away like that if he is mafia? I don't get it.
So because he is experienced, he cannot possibly be caught?

It's a possibility, that's all. I think it was definitely good that Goldy pointed it out.

To be honest, the wagoning speed we keep building up keeps me off-balance. I'm not sure what to think of inHim's fifth vote there. I'd like him to elaborate on "wagoning for wagoning's sake" and I'll have to see if I like his explanation.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by Mirth »

Zindaras wrote:
Mirth wrote:Yet there is something that doesn't add up with this theory. InHim is obviously an experienced player. So why would he be basically giving himself away like that if he is mafia? I don't get it.
So because he is experienced, he cannot possibly be caught?
No, because he's experienced, it seems to be an even stupider move than it would normally be. Like he should know that voting like that would draw major amounts of suspicion.
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by DeliciousGoldfish »

He could be double-guessing. Knowing he'll get the benefit of the doubt he could make a move out in the open like that, hoping someone will step up and vouch for his experience...

It's been done before... I won't ever rule someone out just because they're "newbie" or even just because they are "experienced." Any number of moves can be made in any number of ways... In mafia, everyone is guilty until proven innocent in my book. But, as shown, my vote stays on benhalkum, for, in my opinion, being the more sketchy of the two. And, I frankly would rather see InHim defend himself rather than have other people try to defend him...
The snack that smiles back.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:49 pm

Post by Mirth »

I'm not defending him (see where my vote is). I'm just curious as to why he'd do something that he probably knows will cause everyone to jump down his throat.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:34 pm

Post by Jex »

Mirth wrote:
DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Wow. I just read it again and noticed some funny little hint-dropping... benhalkum and InHim appear, in my eyes, to be scum partners.

wtf mate?

Yet there is something that doesn't add up with this theory. InHim is obviously an experienced player. So why would he be basically giving himself away like that if he is mafia? I don't get it.
Experience doesn't necessarily equal good player. I've definitely learned this from some people who consistently play horribly no matter who many times it gets you lynched.

And as to recent posts...wow. I really don't know who seems scummier between ben and inhim at the moment. I'm keeping my vote on inhim because he caught my attention first and I would like to hear his defense.

As for Ben, I really don't like the change of tune after people started questioning inhim.

@ Delicious: I like your point about the scum buddies (ben and inhim). I don't know if I'm completely ready to link both, but they are equally sketchy and seem to have rather strange play tactics at the moment. I want to do a reread of the game (probably tomorrow because it's late) and look more into this theory.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:25 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Mirth wrote:No, because he's experienced, it seems to be an even stupider move than it would normally be. Like he should know that voting like that would draw major amounts of suspicion.
Yet people are stupid. I think it would be too hasty to do it off. It's also too hasty to draw quick conclusions, I'm just warning for both extremes.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Grek »

Vote:InHim

He has had long enough to tell us what he was doing.

As for the InHim and Ben as scumbuddies idea, ben is to random to be easily readable(or helpful), but inHimshallibe did seem to be defending him. It could be true, but I'd not bet money on it just yet.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Mirth »

Unvote:InHim

I don't like how quickly this is escalating, especially since InHim hasn't said very much. I would like to hear more from him. His play also doesn't sit well with me for another reason someone mentioned earlier. (I would like to hear from InHim before I point out exactly what is bothering me here, as I don't want to prompt any responses in that vein of thought.)
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I like this wagon much better than ben's, as I've noted. I'm wagoning for wagoning's sake, for those that will demand a reason from me.
What I don't like about this is that is that he says he is wagoning for wagonings sake yet he prefers one wagon over the other. He has to have a reason for likeing Grek's wagon over Ben's so why not just use that as justifacation for his vote.

Also, I will be busy the next few days and may be unable to post.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:05 am

Post by benhalkum »

I request to be replaced. I will no longer be participating in mafia games hosted by mafiascum. I did enjoy my stay but the games are too slow paced and unproductive for me.
You can find me on MyLVTV in Las Vegas starting in December with Future Stars of Wrestling!
https://fswvegas.com

Also look for me on syndicated television with Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Day 1 for me is probably the worst if people prefer overanalyzing, and here I am just wanting to get cursory reads on people and get some solid information.

Right now I've put myself in a pretty unpopular camp - I'm anti-ben's bandwagon because of its speed. That's really the only thing I got that I didn't like about it, but little things like that help me find who I want to lynch. Argh, so many negatives.

I'll say this again: I really don't want to think too much about Today's lynch besides my initial take on the game - my conditions Today are: lynch someone not named inHim or benhalkum. Things get pieced together for the good of the Town when more concrete information is at hand, like Day 2.

Sorry again about my long absences. I think I'm fully back now after a crazy week and more.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by Mirth »

Why exactly don't you want to lynch Ben (or whoever his replacement is)?
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:35 pm

Post by Grek »

inHimshallibe wrote:my conditions Today are: lynch someone not named inHim or benhalkum.
Why don't you want benhalkum lynched? Do you know something about him we don't? Are you scumbuddies? Until you can answer those questions, you have my vote.

Vote:inHimshallibe
Click this link for boobies:
[url]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1048/boobyxr1.jpg[/url]
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by Grek »

Oh wait, I was already voting. Make that a confrim vote then.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:49 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I really didn't mean to make it so black and white... all this is snowballing from my initial reads on this game. I'm taking the stance I do now toward ben because of the resistance I am now experiencing.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:57 pm

Post by Grek »

You haven't posted any initial reads, nor said what you think of anyone but Nox, ben and me. You implied that Nox is scummy for being the 3rd vote, ben isn't scum for reasons unknown, and said I am scum.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:07 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

AKA Apokalypsekid9 is replacting Benhalkum, effective now.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Jex »

Welcome to the game Apo!

My vote is still on inhim because I don't think he's cleared his name, but Grek is still high on my list of scum and getting higher. I feel his past few posts have been nothing but "yes lets look at inhim now" type posts. I feel he's attacking incredibly hard in order to make sure the attention doesn't come back to him. For now I simply
FOS Grek
, but he is high on my scum list.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Grek »

Jex wrote:My vote is still on inhim because I don't think he's cleared his name, but Grek is still high on my list of scum and getting higher. I feel his past few posts have been nothing but "yes lets look at inhim now" type posts. I feel he's attacking incredibly hard in order to make sure the attention doesn't come back to him. For now I simply
FOS Grek
, but he is high on my scum list.
I normaly attack people this hard. Inhim and ben are the only two people I think are scummy, and ben isn't coherant enough to question. Hopefuly AKA Apokalypsekid9 will be better.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Grek wrote:You haven't posted any initial reads, nor said what you think of anyone but Nox, ben and me. You implied that Nox is scummy for being the 3rd vote, ben isn't scum for reasons unknown, and said I am scum.
That's all they are... reads. I'm pretty vibey on Day 1. The Nox vote was honestly just a shot in the dark, but with you some of your posts struck a nerve. Day 1 won't get much more from me on Day 1 besides who I support or who I suspect - I'll get to the other players when I feel it needs attention.
Show

:

Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by Nox »

I have internet now.(Whoo...)

I have mixed feelings on the Inhim wagon.

I think "Wagoning for wagoning's Sake" is possibly the scummiest thing I've heard thus far during this game. How could wagoning for wagoning's sake be of
any
benefit to the town? It sounds like Inhim's trying to quicklynch by just plain blindly following any wagon.

However, I strongly dislike when bandwagons escalate this quickly, and Inhim's did at a rather astounding speed, regardless of how terribly scummy his bandwagon-hopping justification(Or lack there-of) was.

I also don't like how this comment of Inhim's seems almost like a distraction, almost as if he was purposely trying to attract attention on himself. I mean, seriously, who says that? As I've stated previously, It makes
no
sense.
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Grek »

inHimshallibe wrote:That's all they are... reads. I'm pretty vibey on Day 1. The Nox vote was honestly just a shot in the dark, but with you some of your posts struck a nerve. Day 1 won't get much more from me on Day 1 besides who I support or who I suspect - I'll get to the other players when I feel it needs attention.
Post your vibes. Anything you post is just more info for the town to go over and find scum with.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

I'm checking in, but I'm holding off analysis until AKA Apokalypsekid9 comments. Also, from now on, I will be referring to him as Apo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”