YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:36 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Xdaamno wrote:
Xdaamno, feel free to remove yourself from the bandwagon I'm pushing.
The bandwagon you're pushing is irrelevant. I'm just saying if bobby comes up town, you jump to the top of my scum list.
Xdaamno, before this post, up to the end of page 10, you believe bobby is scum, very next page, your first post, know you sound as though you believe he is town. You were going after bobby before A.B.R., so you should look just as suspicious for starting it, though A.B.R would look suspicious for pushing so hard, but that's only if he comes up town.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Nelly632 »

Here is my opinion as to why a lot of people believe Rampage to be SCUMMY…

I believe that due to the fact a considerable amount of people have come to the VOTING conclusion that N9V is scum anyone who comes to his defense will be considered scum by association… That is what I think but my opinion is that Rampage while extremely aggressive is a veteran and talented player and would not come to the defense of a SCUM buddy so obviously I am sure with the amount of times he has played this game he would have come up with a better method to protect a fellow MOB member… So by that thought process I have to believe that Rampage is simply a PRO TOWN person who simply believes N9V to be TOWNIE (Which once again he could be nothing is 100%) and wants to prevent a wrongful lynch on Day One…

In my opinion if N9V were to be lynched today and come up Scum then we all can jump and start waving FOS at Rampage because of his defense but as of right now I don’t see the need for it by me… (But all of you have your own minds so please don’t let me stop you)

Rampage you have requested my thoughts on Bobby…

Firstly his random vote for himself while funny is semi dangerous in my mind, in the random stage we are all looking for any reason for someons name to stick out and by doing this he stuck his name out there in a funny way but none the less it was out there…

Secondly does not show up again too page four with the excuse that he did not have internet and that’s why he hasn’t posted… Hell I can understand but kind of odd in my eyes, would he have even posted if he did have internet?

Third he does make a post within 3 hours of his last post so makes his weekend story believable and what sticks out in my mind is his vote on Flea, his reasoning is based on Flea not giving a good enough reason. But he does bring up one good point about Rampage in regards to Scum defending townie to gain trust which I stored in the back of my mind just incase day one ends with a lynch of NV9 and he turns out to be Townie… He ends his post with more attacks on Flea…

(Note post 135 continues the attack on Flea)

Fourth he comes out on post 146 and calls BS on Flea and pretty much confirms his vote on Flea giving me the impression that he has no doubt…Then Jordan follows that with a FOS on Bobby because like myself he believes that anyone in this game who is too sure about something is hiding something… Then we see Bobby go from the HUNTER to the HUNTED as he starts to back track with his next post of claiming it was a joke… My opinion is every time you post a joke you should follow it with a smiley or a LOL something so that we know… I think his exchange with Jordan is fishy because he tries to quickly dominate the argument by being aggressive hoping that it won’t go any further…

Fifth post number 162 comes where Bobby gets really defensive and claims that he is not 100 % sure then I came out and posted my thoughts on N9V giving him a little breathing room apparently and oddly enough he is one of the first people to come out a praise me… I didn’t understand why Rampage was clumping me in with Bobby but now I see, the heat was on him and he was backtracking really fast then I came out and pointed out some stuff on N9V and Bobby got loss in the shuffle…

Sixth Bobby comes out and explains to us that we are reading to much into his comments and that he once again really didn’t mean “You my friend are scum” as a confirmation of believing Flea to be Scum but more like he was joking…

Seventh on post 237 is where he becomes SCUMMY in my eyes, you cannot come out and make claims that you believe Flea to be more scummy then N9V then change your vote to N9V because you want to force conversation… That is CRAZY, you placing someone at LYNCH -3 (It is actually Lynch-4) just because you want conversation is ridiculous. You want conversation to draw out a case on someone then call then out attempting to apply pressure; you don’t jump on a bandwagon that is already applying pressure on a man who hasn’t replied yet…. Then once again he backtracks after a little pressure from Flea and Rampage and claims he will unvote if N9V talks… COME ON DUDE you never should have placed the vote on him in the first place, he already had enough pressure on him he didn’t need more from you…

In conclusion I believe that Bobby does deserve a
FOS BobbyPlump
, but I will not jump on a bandwagon to vote him off… He could just be a townie who is being perceived as Scum by backtracking and not being consistent. While ON the other hand N9V has not respond to my thread or any other threads since he has be place on a bandwagon while on the other hand Bobby continues to defend himself…
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:20 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

I can't remember who... oh yes. AlSleet wrote:I personally like Booby's move. It forces the suspected to talk.

And it looks like your hopping a bandwagon again without really citing any reasons. I hate this sort of play and I've seen it from you before this game.
My first metagame! I feel so warm and fuzzy! Next thing you know I'll have a playstyle![/joke 1]

Lol, "booby"[/joke 2]

Indeed, I do have a meta for bandwagoning, but I thought that bobby's reasoning that he was bandwagoning to move discussion along was a little far-fetched, IMHO.[/serious business]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

'Activity Surge ftw' Vote Count

N9V 6 (Erg0, GodofWine, Nelly632, Jdodge, Quinnster, BobbyPlump)
Bobby 4 (Xdaamno, Albert B. Rampage, Somestrangeflea, Pulsewidth)
Somestrangeflea 2 (Jordan, N9V)
Xdaamno 2 (Skruffs, Oman)
Albert B. Rampage 1 (SirWario)
AlSleet 1 (Kison)

Not Voting (2): YagamiLight, AlSleet

10 votes are required to kill one of your fellow players.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Quinnster »

I admit I haven't been keeping up with this thread as much as I could, I'll do a full read and response tomorrow.
Little triggers, how do you do?
I've been waiting, waiting for you.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Oman »

unvote vote: bobby

Bobby is consistantly jumping back on my scumlist.

Albert looks bad, only if N9V comes up scum, otherwise he seems good to me.

Bobby, I agree with one of his scumtells the "you dissagree, thats fine" type one.

Nelly strikes again.

If bobby comes up scum I'd like us all to look at AlSleet Our hippy-dippy weatherman, his defending is rather half-baked leading me to think scum ready to jump on if a bus becomes neccasary.

I'd like to ask two questions:
Al: Do you think bobby is town or scum at this point?

Xdaamno: Do you believe bobby to be town or scum at this point?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Erg0 »

...and thus the circle closes.

I'll do a bit of a roundup post later on since there's been a fair bit of activity since my last post, but the thing that has really stuck out to me is that Oman is being really hoppy with his vote today. A quick count shows that's his fifth vote today (random vote for Albert, then Bobby, N9V, XDaamno, and back to Bobby). What was that about people hopping on the wagon du jour?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by bobbyplump »

Guys, being defensive is part of my game. Most people don't realize that because I'm always on the offensive.

But it's not abnormal for me to get so defensive, even when I'm town. Just so you know.
I'm your huckleberry.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

But it's not abnormal for me to get so defensive,
even when I'm town
. Just so you know.
INTERESTING... In my mind a person who is TOWN would say...

"Even when I am Scum"

So since you said even when I am Town makes me seriously believe that you are scum... I would like some other peoples opinion on this first...
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Thoughts, eh?

I'd have to do a thorough reread to be sure, but I don't recall anyone specifically accusing Bobby of being defensive. Besides being essentially useless as a defence, this looks a bit like a strawman.

I do understand why he would say "even when I'm town", though. Normally people would associate defensiveness with scum, so he's putting forward the argument that he is also defensive when he is not scum. I don't really see this as an odd way to phrase it.
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by Oman »

Nelly, I caught that too. Plus many scumpoints.

Erg0: Please don't count random votes, its rediculous, other then that, yes I have been voting a lot but over 12 pages with many slips and trips and super activity I don't think my four votes are strange.

Also, that first vote on bobby was just to get him talking, a bit of pressure (there were three in my mind and he was the only one without a vote) I thus, voted him. The others were all on people I genuinly found scummy, and as such, my vote stays on the Booby [/steal flea joke].
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:29 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Erg0 wrote:I'd have to do a thorough reread to be sure, but I don't recall anyone specifically accusing Bobby of being defensive. Besides being essentially useless as a defence, this looks a bit like a strawman.
I've done the reread, and realised that Nelly called Bobby defensive in 276. This part of my above post is withdrawn.

Oman, voting a lot isn't necessarily that bad in a game this size but you just stand out to me as having moved your vote around the major wagons more than anyone else. You're hoppy in comparison to everyone else up til now (or at least compared to my impression of everyone else).

I noted your random vote as such, I wasn't trying to pass it off as something it wasn't.
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by Oman »

Cheers Erg0. My votes have been moved with complete reason, and everyone went onto the person I felt to be most scummy. This timezone thing sucks.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Tell me about it.

Ok, so what's your feeling now on N9V and Xdaamno? Did you change your mind on them or just decide that someone else was scummier? To my mind, some of these people are mutually exclusive as suspects.
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:32 pm

Post by Oman »

In rank of scumminess:
Bobby is high (especially after that "Even when I'm town" bit) - If he comes up scum AlSleets affliation depends on whether he jumps on or not to me.
Then Xdaamno
Then N9V - If N9V is scum Albert gets on the list.

I never got on the whole Flea wagon, but I'd be willing to take a look at it if something developed.

At the moment I'm looking at Bobby-Al-??? with Xdaamno probably town.

OR

N9V-Albert-??? And Xdaamno somewhere in there.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:03 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Unvote[/u]

I'm going for a reread.

Can we get prods on Kison and SirWario please.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:03 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Unvote
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Kison and SirWario have been prodded
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:46 am

Post by Xdaamno »

YagamiLight wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Xdaamno, feel free to remove yourself from the bandwagon I'm pushing.
The bandwagon you're pushing is irrelevant. I'm just saying if bobby comes up town, you jump to the top of my scum list.
Xdaamno, before this post, up to the end of page 10, you believe bobby is scum, very next page, your first post, know you sound as though you believe he is town. You were going after bobby before A.B.R., so you should look just as suspicious for starting it, though A.B.R would look suspicious for pushing so hard, but that's only if he comes up town.
Yagami, you seem to misinterpret everything I say !_!

Basically, I meant the bandwagon he was pushing was irrelevant,
despite the fact it's the same as mine
. I was providing an argument against Albert at that point, not bobby. I know it's not likely from what we knew that Albert/bobby would be correct, but I have made arguments against both individuals. Pointing out bad things in Albert does not correlate to my views on bobby whatsoever.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:47 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Bobby is high (especially after that "Even when I'm town" bit) - If he comes up scum AlSleets affliation depends on whether he jumps on or not to me.
Then Xdaamno

Hmm, I thought the only reasoning you thought I was scum was because I as attacking bobby, and now you 100% agree with me? That's strange, and I don't see how it could place me above N9V.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:37 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Prod N9V as well, please.

My vote for him is what started this whole thing. It was a vote to get him talking. And ever since Albert shifted the focus to me, N9V has gotten a free pass. If I were him, I'd be sitting back laughing about how I just skated away thanks to Albert.

Which really makes me wonder...why is Albert playing defense for everyone. He got really defensive about votes for Jordan...he got really defensive on behalf of Flea and Kison...and he indirectly defended N9V by deflecting attention.

Four guys so far have been able to cop a ride on Albert's coattails while he does all the work for them.

Maybe it's just me, but I like it when people defend themselves. I HATE it when someone jumps in and does it for them...especially for four different people.
I'm your huckleberry.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Bobby has asked me to notify you that he may be absent between Friday Morning and Monday.

I will also prod N9V.
Last edited by Battle Mage on Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:24 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Not between now and Monday. Between Friday morning and Monday.
I'm your huckleberry.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Lynch: Bobby. He opportunisticly jumps on the Albert wagon, the second most powerful to his own at the moment IMO, and says that he's defending people which I completely disagree with.

It's a toss up between Albert and bobby for me. I'm convinced one of them is scum, that's for sure, but I'm leaning towards bobby.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

bobbyplump wrote:Not between now and Monday. Between Friday morning and Monday.
that's what i said.
:roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”