TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by TheHermit »

And over here on the opposite side of the map we have pulsewidth trying to make a big deal out of a non-issue.
pulsewidth wrote:So, in the same post he says that ojpower hasn't been scummy, but maybe we're better off lynching him.
Anti-town play can only hurt the town, whether the person is mafia or not. I explained my reasoning in post 101, which I notice you utterly ignore precisely because it hurts your argument of painting me as scum. Considering how extensive your search for "dirt" on me is I cannot believe you didn't find it.
Ok, scratch that. It's the bandwagoners we should be concentrating on. He doesn't mention anyone in particular though.
None of them had done anything that really stood out from the others in my mind. They were all just scrambling for an excuse, any excuse, to lynch someone. Either there is a very skilled scum in that group, or they're ALL poor town players.
Unless somebody does something very scummy?? What happened to those bandwagoners you were talking about? What about DFN or Nelly? Don't see anything scummy about them? I want to see your thoughts on those two players. I also want to hear your suspicions on some of these people on DFN's bandwagons that you were talking about earlier.
"You don't parrot the majority, so you must be scum ARRRRRRRGH!" Funny, I'd think that is exactly what mafia would do; follow everybody else so they can blend in. Obviously there are different styles of play, and then there's the WIFOM, but you seem to have very bad reasons for focusing on me. Disliking inactive players and being suspicious of everyone is a scumtell? News to me.

Nelly's first vote was random. He has since decided that he wants to be flippant, rude, and basically a very poor player. Scummy? No. Anti-town? Why, yes! I'd be voting for him if I didn't hold out a glimmer of hope that he will come to his senses and/or be replaced.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by TheHermit »

I need to reread the whole bandwagon fiasco again to collect my thoughts.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by vollkan »

Nelly wrote: You want content I will give you content... Soon enough...
There are two possibilities here:
1) Your little voting for yourself thing was just complete idiocy (whether you are pro-town or scum); or
2) You did it to demonstrate something about people's voting habits.

So far, the only thing I have gleaned is that Oman was 4th on both the DFN and Nelly wagons. Plus, ST has already remarked that Oman's vote for Nelly was somewhat rushed.

Furthermore, it is interesting that Para (the replacement of OJ) is the one to put Nelly at L-1.
Para wrote: Unfortunately(unless he's mafia), he's forced our hand. It's 100% necessary to lynch someone who doesn't play.

that puts him at -3 I believe
I really don't like this. For the reasons given by ckd and for the fact that you are expressing regret about it. There is no need for us to lynch Nelly. In all honesty, his little stunt might actually provide some good information, as I have indicated above.

I don't think the Jester scenario is likely given that the role distribution was given at the start. It would hardly be fair for us to be told one thing but for other stuff to be slipped in.

Also,
DFN looks to have disappeared. This strengthens the argument that he was just an odd newbie player and, as such, I don't think it can be said that his actions necessarily speak of scumminess.
Unvote
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

TheHermit wrote: And over here on the opposite side of the map we have pulsewidth trying to make a big deal out of a non-issue.
It is an issue or I wouldn't have brought it up. Do you think we should not bring up scumtells, regardless of how small and inconsequential they might seem. I don't like the way you are seemingly dismissing my argument here.
TheHermit wrote: Anti-town play can only hurt the town, whether the person is mafia or not. I explained my reasoning in post 101, which I notice you utterly ignore precisely because it hurts your argument of painting me as scum. Considering how extensive your search for "dirt" on me is I cannot believe you didn't find it.
Yes, I saw your reasoning. I do like the fact that you adhered to your word about removing your vote if he was replaced. It doesn't change the fact that lynching inactive people is not a good alternative to replacing them. My main concern with you is that you said you didn't find anything particular scummy about DFN and ojpower, you go on to say that you are MORE concerned with the bandwagoners, yet you end up voting ojpower anyways. If you are more concerned with the bandwagoners, then you should be following up on that, but you didn't.
TheHermit wrote: None of them had done anything that really stood out from the others in my mind. They were all just scrambling for an excuse, any excuse, to lynch someone. Either there is a very skilled scum in that group, or they're ALL poor town players.
So, pressure some of them! Ask questions. If you think there is scum on the DFN bandwagon, then go after them. Instead, you place a vote on someone who is not participating.
TheHermit wrote: "You don't parrot the majority, so you must be scum ARRRRRRRGH!" Funny, I'd think that is exactly what mafia would do; follow everybody else so they can blend in. Obviously there are different styles of play, and then there's the WIFOM, but you seem to have very bad reasons for focusing on me. Disliking inactive players and being suspicious of everyone is a scumtell? News to me.
You are either misinterpreting or are intentionally misrepresenting what I said. I am not saying that because you don't follow the crowd that means you are scum, nor am I suspicious of you because you dislike inactive players and are suspicious of everyone. I am pressuring you because you clearly stated that scum was hiding in the DFN bandwagon, yet you didn't do any scumhunting in regards to that, at least that I can see. Instead, you just placed a vote on an inactive player.

I appreciate that you finally are devoting your efforts to looking at the bandwagons, although I don't like that you waited to do it until I pressured you on it.

With that said, Paradoxombie has just jumped to the top of my scumlist for putting Nelly at -1, conveniently not knowing what the proper vote count was.

Unvote, Vote: Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Para, I mean that will get evidence later in the game, and I will use the previous suspicion in later cases.
What are you talking about? Suspicion != scumminess. You can't lynch me later because the player I replace was suspected, you have to show that hte suspicion was warranted. He had alot of suspicion, but show me how anything OJ did is scummy. That was my point. How can I inherit OJ's suspicion when he wasn't scummy?
curiouskarmadog wrote: did you miscount?
Yes. I didn't realize he was near a lynch so I made casual and incomplete count. My fault entirely. But take notice that I said, "I believe." It's important to account for human error.

I find it a little pointless to bother asking players if they're doing things for antitown purposes; the answer is always "no"

As a note, I obviously didn't realize I was putting him at -1, but like I said, unless he starts actually playing, we're gonna lynch him anyway.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
Unfortunately(unless he's mafia), he's forced our hand. It's 100% necessary to lynch someone who doesn't play.

this is by far the scummiest sentences thus far in this game...

100% necessary? Forced our hand? -3?

If he doesnt want to post then he is replaced...someone is hungry for a lynch..why is that?...
If anyone here is hungry for a lynch, it's you, for me, because you seem pretty damn worried about your little friend Nelly and quick to deflect suspicion to me.

Anyway if ABR is willing to replace Nelly, then that's that, but I am against it for ethical reasons. I don't believe in replacing except for disapearing and direct gamebreaking.

If we let someone live who isn't gonna post any content then we have no way of knowing if they're mafia. Therefore we will never lynch them, and are possibly letting mafia have a vote all game along with their free pass. Therefore the only logical choice is to lynch him now. I'd say there's a slightly higher chance that he's a townie since mafia seem less likely to end up bored and expirimenting in games. But hey, it's not that much worse odds than the average day 1 lynch.
vollkan wrote: I really don't like this. For the reasons given by ckd and for the fact that you are expressing regret about it. There is no need for us to lynch Nelly. In all honesty, his little stunt might actually provide some good information, as I have indicated above.
1. It's not regret, it's sadness because I perfer actually playing to having to lynch someone acting like a fool. It makes no sense to regret somthing you're going to do/are doing
2. If he decides to play or was just acting, then fine, I had no way of knowing that. But otherwise if he doesn't give viable content then we can't let him get away with that. Note:
Nelly632 wrote:
Unvote: Nelly

You want content I will give you content... Soon enough...
I've played in a game where a player acted extremely enigmatic. We let it go because he didn't actually make any suspicious votes. In the end it turned out he was mafia. He had taken advantage of our willingness to believe he was actually cunningly scum hunting when he was really just sitting back and posting BS all game. Maybe that's why I'm so unwilling to accept this now.
pulsewidth wrote: With that said, Paradoxombie has just jumped to the top of my scumlist for putting Nelly at -1, conveniently not knowing what the proper vote count was.

You think that Nelly is acting SO scummy that he is likely a Jester, but unscummy enough that me putting him at -1 is suspect? WTF,dude?
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:08 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

My original intentions for the eractic behavior were primarly to see the reaction of GORCKAT and secondly test the reaction from the remainder of the players. With it only taking 6 to Lynch I was hoping that I would get to -1 and I do have to apologize to my fellow townies for hesitating to take my vote off it could have had dire consequences… Here is my train of thought…

Gorckat Wrote:
(This time I caught page 5 before completly composing the post )

Semi-FoS: Hermit

I get the rationale, but your vote isn't going to replace oj.

MOD: Has oj been prodded? Did he tell you he was going to be away? Will he be replaced?

Already started looking for a replacement since yesterday. -Mod

vote: Nelly

Nice jump on volkan's request without any added content. What's up with that? Especially with people (single or plural- I forget how many actually made it official) were suspicious of your quick lynch comment.

Actually, Nelly's comment is only a shade different from The Hermit going after oj...

The roughest thing DFN has done is that misquote. Certainly adds weight to the case against him.
This is what began my suspicion of Gorckat because yes I did state that I would have no problem voting off someone who acted like this but Hermit actually placed the vote for this reason and yet Gorckat placed a vote on me for this reason and not him… So I thought “What would Gorckat do if someone simply brushed off the game and voted for themselves?” Woul he place a vote for this person thus contradicting his reason for voting me or would he stick to his guns and question why I am acting like this… (Also like I said above it would serve two purposes because I could possiblt narrow my list of scum down to 5, those five being the people who attempt to have me quick lynched)

Post 124 is my voting of myself,post 125 is the first response and that is from CURIOUSKARMADOG and he wrote…
what?

that is your contribution to this game?
Very Pro-Town comment instead of saying “Well screw it if he is giving up and voting for himself then I am also” you question me in a shocked manner… Good response in my eyes…

Post 126 blows major monkey balls in my eyes…
Right...

vote: Nelly632

Clearly I could have been voting for the other Nelly in the game. See ya in a few days, I guess.
Now what the hell do I do? One of the main reasons I started this was to get a read on him but he is going away for a few days… That is the way the cookie crumbles I guess, he reaffirms his vote for me and then takes off, yes I would have liked a little more from him but he was probably in a rush to go somewhere so I get short changed… Now time to make my secondary focus my primary focus…

Post 127 & 128 are about other stuff except one small message from CuriousKarmaDog who says he is waiting for some contribution from myself and Hermit… So I quote this in post 129 and try to see how he and everyone reacts…

Beautiful post 130 is our first mention of a JESTER from my dear friend pulse width and with this post he is on my radar…

He is either a smart townie or a smart scum (Yeah funny I didn’t learn much but I do think he is smart at this point)… Post 132 comes with a vote from Elias_the_thief and the strange thing in the post is that he finds both Hermit and myself scummy but votes for me instead… My thoughts are he is Scum and he sees us both as scummy but sees a possible quick lynch on me and that is appealing to him…

FOS Elias_the_thief

Post 133 is me being a prick to see some reactions, in my mind the people who get really upset are less scummy then the people who take it in stride… Karma Dog once again questions me instead of voting for me, this is a great sign in my eyes… He has more then enough reasons to vote for me now he could simply say…

“I ask and I ask you simple questions but you refuse to answer so now you leave me no choice but to vote for you Nelly”

But instead he stay patient and gives me some chances to get myself out of hot water, very pro-town move…

Oman Wrote:
Unvote vote: nelly

I've seen this done before saying "would scum do this", plus claiming without pressure...I don't like it.
You have seen this done before, FOR REAL! I don’t recall ever saying “Would scum do this”… What I did was put you too a choice SIR and instead of questioning me and trying to get something out of me before you vote you simply VOTE for me because you don’t like it…

FOS: Oman

Paradoxombie Wrote:
Well I've never lynched a mafia on day one. =(

Vote:Nelly632

Unfortunately(unless he's mafia), he's forced our hand. It's 100% necessary to lynch someone who doesn't play.

I have never lynched a MOB member on day one either, I can actually get over the entire forcing of the hand comment because it can make sense in a way, it being 100 % necessary to lynch me is a big stretch but the biggest scum tell in my eyes is someone bring to the attention of everyone that someone else is close to a lynch…

CuriousKarmaDog WELCOME TO MY TOWNIE LIST with post 137 & 138 he comfirms in my eyes that he is TOWN… He can easily drop the hammer on me at this point and in day two brush it off by simply saying that he had no choice but he doesn’t… Instead he asks for a replacement so that we don’t lose a townie… Good Job sir… At this point I take my vote off after being a little stupid and one thing that got me was this post by Elias_The_Thief…
um, yes? we would?

Para, I mean that will get evidence later in the game, and I will use the previous suspicion in later cases.
Whats with the question mark… Explination marks maybe but question mark are questionable LOL I made a funny… But no seriously what is up with this…

Pulsewidth follows this post with the same Jester comment leaving me still with no read of him but no vote from him either so that is always good… Him not hammering is a good sign…

Karma Dog wrote:
if you are a townie..and you see yourself at -1...why would you not remove your vote and help the town?

what do you think about the vote surge on you?

DO you want out of the game?
No matter what happens to me this guy needs to be listen to no matter what… Post 146 is a great question aimed at Elias about why he hasn’t removed his vote. Post 147 is like he is reading my mind he is asking all the questions that I would ask. Post 148 makes me feel like I actually did something right, Sir Tornado starts to ask questions to the people who voted for me…

Elias_The_Thief Wrote:
What need is there to pull off?
1) If he's actually protown, he'll pull his own vote off when the town requests.
2) Would you expect any protown player to make the mistake and lynch him after your post about how the votecount was wrong and how quicklynches are bad? scum could do it, yes, but scum can't afford the 1 for 1 trade like the town can, so if scum hammered it would be a good thing.

By letting Nelly take off his vote and leaving mine we at least keep some semblance of pressure on him. Furthermore, at the time he put his vote on me, he had not promised any content.
First I don’t remember voting for you and if you are under the impression I did then doesn’t that make your vote scummy like the only reason you are voting for me is because I voted for you… Kind of like school yard junk… Secondly this entire post looks like someone trying to backtrack…

The Hermit Wrote:
Nelly's first vote was random. He has since decided that he wants to be flippant, rude, and basically a very poor player. Scummy? No. Anti-town? Why, yes! I'd be voting for him if I didn't hold out a glimmer of hope that he will come to his senses and/or be replaced.
Yes sir senses have been come to sorry to make you worry but nice job not trying to put me back on the hammer…

Volkan Wrote:
Nelly wrote:

There are two possibilities here:
1) Your little voting for yourself thing was just complete idiocy (whether you are pro-town or scum); or
2) You did it to demonstrate something about people's voting habits.

So far, the only thing I have gleaned is that Oman was 4th on both the DFN and Nelly wagons. Plus, ST has already remarked that Oman's vote for Nelly was somewhat rushed.

Furthermore, it is interesting that Para (the replacement of OJ) is the one to put Nelly at L-1.
Para wrote:

I really don't like this. For the reasons given by ckd and for the fact that you are expressing regret about it. There is no need for us to lynch Nelly. In all honesty, his little stunt might actually provide some good information, as I have indicated above.

I don't think the Jester scenario is likely given that the role distribution was given at the start. It would hardly be fair for us to be told one thing but for other stuff to be slipped in.

Also,
DFN looks to have disappeared. This strengthens the argument that he was just an odd newbie player and, as such, I don't think it can be said that his actions necessarily speak of scumminess. Unvote .
Volkan WELCOME TO MY TOWNIE LIST this is by far the best post of the game, once again another player who seems to be in my head…

Paradoxombie wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:

What are you talking about? Suspicion != scumminess. You can't lynch me later because the player I replace was suspected, you have to show that hte suspicion was warranted. He had alot of suspicion, but show me how anything OJ did is scummy. That was my point. How can I inherit OJ's suspicion when he wasn't scummy?
curiouskarmadog wrote:

did you miscount?

Yes. I didn't realize he was near a lynch so I made casual and incomplete count (SURE BUDDY YOU DIDN’T KNOW). My fault entirely. But take notice that I said, "I believe." It's important to account for human error.

I find it a little pointless to bother asking players if they're doing things for antitown purposes; the answer is always "no"

As a note, I obviously didn't realize I was putting him at -1, but like I said, unless he starts actually playing, we're gonna lynch him anyway (Seems like someone is awfully hell bent on lynching me).
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:

this is by far the scummiest sentences thus far in this game...

100% necessary? Forced our hand? -3?

If he doesnt want to post then he is replaced...someone is hungry for a lynch..why is that?...

If anyone here is hungry for a lynch, it's you, for me, because you seem pretty damn worried about your little friend Nelly and quick to deflect suspicion to me.

Anyway if ABR is willing to replace Nelly, then that's that, but I am against it for ethical reasons. I don't believe in replacing except for disapearing and direct gamebreaking.(Seems like only scum would not want to replace someone playing like I was)
If we let someone live who isn't gonna post any content then we have no way of knowing if they're mafia. Therefore we will never lynch them, and are possibly letting mafia have a vote all game along with their free pass. Therefore the only logical choice is to lynch him now. I'd say there's a slightly higher chance that he's a townie since mafia seem less likely to end up bored and experimenting in games. But hey, it's not that much worse odds than the average day 1 lynch.
vollkan wrote:

1. It's not regret, it's sadness because I prefer actually playing to having to lynch someone acting like a fool. It makes no sense to regret somthing you're going to do/are doing
2. If he decides to play or was just acting, then fine (Lets see if he holds to these words), I had no way of knowing that. But otherwise if he doesn't give viable content then we can't let him get away with that. Note:
Nelly632 wrote:
Unvote: Nelly

I've played in a game where a player acted extremely enigmatic. We let it go because he didn't actually make any suspicious votes. In the end it turned out he was mafia. He had taken advantage of our willingness to believe he was actually cunningly scum hunting when he was really just sitting back and posting BS all game. Maybe that's why I'm so unwilling to accept this now.
pulsewidth wrote:

With that said, Paradoxombie has just jumped to the top of my scumlist for putting Nelly at -1, conveniently not knowing what the proper vote count was.

You think that Nelly is acting SO scummy that he is likely a Jester, but unscummy enough that me putting him at -1 is suspect? WTF,dude?

Vote: Paradoxombie

I read somewhere that even if you are lynched in a game of Mafia and the TOWN wins in the long run you still win regardless if you are dead, which is why it is good sometimes to make sacrifices for the good of the town… Yeah with my erratic behavior and my post I might still face lynching but at least townies like Karma and Volkan have something to go on now….
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:19 pm

Post by Oman »

Firstly
I was 4th on both because of timing issues. I'm in australia so while I'm at uni/asleep you all vote and talk. I come in at the tail end. Also it seemed rushed cause it was a morning post. About ten minutes to read all my games, post something and then leave for uni/work.

Onwards:

Unvote Vote Paradox
For saying that he had "forced our hand" you always have a choice. Plus you messed up a -1 count, not cool, nor pro-town.

Plus some of his last points just don't work
You can't lynch me later because the player I replace was suspected
Yes we can, you both have the same role pm, so we can use anything he did against you.
I obviously didn't realize I was putting him at -1,
Doesn't unvote after aknowledging his mistake.
This is simple BS, CKD merely mentioned you seemed hungry for a lynch (which you did "100% neccasary") and you OMGUS-hungryforalynch-ed him.

I'd say there's a slightly higher chance that he's a townie since mafia seem less likely to end up bored and expirimenting in games.
Yet you still advocate the lynch, believing him to be town.
I perfer actually playing to having to lynch someone acting like a fool.
You don't HAVE to do it, its totally a choice. If you think its a bad move, i suggest you don't do it. If you think its a good move, DO IT, but don't act like you have no choice.
DOES NO-ONE READ THE FIRST PAGE. There is no Jester, can't be, its an open setup. Therefor, any and all points regarding Nelly being a jester are now void.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:19 pm

Post by Oman »

EBWOP: Really hope I'm not fourth on the Paradox wagon :)
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

You are fourth on the bandwagon again... SCUM!!! (Saracasim)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by vollkan »

Elias, Para and Oman have all rightly fallen under suspicion.

Each has given a poorly explained vote.

This looks ridiculously like distancing:
Para wrote:
Elias wrote:
Para wrote:
Elias wrote: Though I'm suspicious of you due to the fact that you are now inheriting the PM of OJ, someone I saw as fairly scummy.
Hmm, and odd thing to say. OJ only made one barely scummy vote. It's been established that he likely made it for no reason wich would nullify that small bit of scumminess. He wasn't technically lurking since he hasn't done anything since then. He didn't even say anything. Perhaps you're setting yourself up to vote me on less-than-strong evidence later?
That seems to me an overreaction from you. I use everything that a person has done when I consider whether they're suspcious or not. I'm setting myself up to have additional evidence for later in the game.
I'm suggesting that you may have taken advantage of the the fact that there was alot of suspicion on OJ to try to place it on me. The simple fact is that, despite having universal suspicion, nothing he has done indicates him being scum over town. That is all I meant. Likewise to your response, there's obviously nothing wrong with using everything a person has done to judge them, but what exactly is the original evidence would you be adding the "additional evidence" to?
And, so too, does this:
Firstly
Quote:
I was 4th on both because of timing issues. I'm in australia so while I'm at uni/asleep you all vote and talk. I come in at the tail end. Also it seemed rushed cause it was a morning post. About ten minutes to read all my games, post something and then leave for uni/work.

Onwards:

Unvote Vote Paradox For saying that he had "forced our hand" you always have a choice. Plus you messed up a -1 count, not cool, nor pro-town.

Plus some of his last points just don't work

Quote:
Yes we can, you both have the same role pm, so we can use anything he did against you.

Quote:

Quote:
This is simple BS, CKD merely mentioned you seemed hungry for a lynch (which you did "100% neccasary") and you OMGUS-hungryforalynch-ed him.

Quote:
I'd say there's a slightly higher chance that he's a townie since mafia seem less likely to end up bored and expirimenting in games.

Quote:
You don't HAVE to do it, its totally a choice. If you think its a bad move, i suggest you don't do it. If you think its a good move, DO IT, but don't act like you have no choice.

Quote:

DOES NO-ONE READ THE FIRST PAGE. There is no Jester, can't be, its an open setup. Therefor, any and all points regarding Nelly being a jester are now void.
I think there is a high likelihood of me being NKed tonight, after Nelly said I have firmly made his townie list and after the rest of my conduct today and, as such, I think now is the opportune moment for me to claim.

I am a vanilla townie, but I am also the one-shot day vig. My kill does NOT end the day.

I think that killing Para now will be immensely helpful. If he is scum, we get one scum death without the day ending. That gives us more time to discuss. If he isn't scum, we can lynch Oman right away.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Unvote

Although may I say
FOS: Nelly
for not giving any reason for voting me. Especially when he did the whole thing over gorckat and even when gorckat did what he wanted and straight out contrdicted himself, didn't so much as FOS him. Still not as bad as.....

Vote:Oman

Who has to manufacture reasons. Seriously, you took all those quotes out of context man. (bold parts are mine.)
Oman wrote:
Unvote Vote Paradox For saying that he had "forced our hand" you always have a choice. Plus you messed up a -1 count, not cool, nor pro-town.

wow I can understand some suspicion, but why is my honsest mistake the cornerstone of every argument against me?

What did he do that you would use? This is the third time I've asked and I have yet to get a response.

Yes because my vote still stood. I never said I had a problem with putting him at -1

No, I thought we were gonna have to lynch Nelly. The situation called for it. I tried to explain the situation, I didn't actively seek the lynch. On the other hand, curiouskarmadog made 5 posts in 30 minutes
1. pointing out my mistake/trying to save Nelly
2. voting me for my mistake and demanding an explanation
3. trying to save Nelly
4. trying to save Nelly
5. pointing to the same post as before and saying it is the scummiest in the game.

Now maybe I was exaggerating when I said he was lynch hungry, but it sure as hell looks to me like he's trying to deflect suspicion. If he authentically wanted to hunt me he had no reason to rush so damn much attacking the same post over and over without even giving me the chance to respond.

But on the off chance he's mafia we're guaranteed to lose if we just let him go. (Which is worse than a mislynch.) Also I said I only thoght it was a SLIGHTLY higher chance

Hello! Is anyone listening. IT IS GAME BREAKING to allow someone off a lynch when they don't do anyhting. I could choose not too lynch him, but then how can I ever play again? Mafia can always just do nothing and get away with it. And I never said it was a bad move, just that I didn't want to do it. I wished the situation was different. I'd also like to point out that you already made this point.

Wow, dude, I was only pointing out the massive contradiction in pulse's vote. Which IS a valid point.
Volkan posted while I was in the middle of writing this so:
vollkan wrote: I am a vanilla townie, but I am also the one-shot day vig. My kill does NOT end the day.

I think that killing Para now will be immensely helpful. If he is scum, we get one scum death without the day ending. That gives us more time to discuss. If he isn't scum, we can lynch Oman right away.
Well I guess this is both our death sentances. These things happen. But, whatever, hopefully Oman's scum.

Volkan is definitely mafia if he doesn't dies tonight, though. 3 townies for 1 mafia.... I've done worse.
-George Washington

So it goes.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by vollkan »

Well I guess this is both our death sentances. These things happen. But, whatever, hopefully Oman's scum.

Volkan is definitely mafia if he doesn't dies tonight, though. 3 townies for 1 mafia.... I've done worse.
At the moment, I think it quite likely that you are BOTH scum.

I don't mind dying; I would probably end up NKed over the next two nights anyway, so I might as well make use of my shot.

In any case, since I just become a vanilla once I kill you (or Oman or Elias, depending on what people say), it means that all 3 masons will be able to survive for at least one night.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

Paradoxombie if Volkan is claiming he is going to kill you do you intend on RC before he does so or are you willing to just take his Day Kill of you without any attempt to sway him?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:13 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

No, I think you misunderstood, when I said 3 townies for 1 mafia I was reffering to if you don't die tonight.(and are therefore mafia)
-George Washington

So it goes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:17 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Nelly632 wrote:Paradoxombie if Volkan is claiming he is going to kill you do you intend on RC before he does so or are you willing to just take his Day Kill of you without any attempt to sway him?
The only way I can see to sway him is to convince him that someone else is more suspicious than me. But the only person I can see doing that with is Oman, who I've basically already tried to. He thinks I may be his partner anyway, I don't know if anyone else thinks that too, but if they do I may be screwed anyway.
-George Washington

So it goes.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by vollkan »

Does anybody have any objection to Para being vigged?
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:18 pm

Post by SPAG »

Ok guys sorry i haven't been around that much, will be available this time tomorroq when i'll be able to put a bit more input in.
The trouble with learning from experience is that the test comes first and the lesson afterwards.

Sean aka SPAG
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:22 pm

Post by Oman »

I have an objection to para being town = me being scum.

In all likely hood he'll turn up scum anyway, but its certainly strange that this holds.

I would want Paradox vigged much more then I would want Elias vigged. I think that Elias is more pro-town then pulse atm.

I don't see how I have a "poorly explained vote" I explained everything I found wrong with Paradox's vote.

Vollkan, I'd want to hear in from every player before we start vigging. Assuming 1) your claim is real which is a tossup atm and 2) nothing else happens in the meantime.

Finally
Unvote
, this new twist changes things.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Post by vollkan »

I would want Paradox vigged much more then I would want Elias vigged. I think that Elias is more pro-town then pulse atm.
I understand where you are coming from in regards to pulse; he is very suspicious. Would you prefer that I vig pulse?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:39 pm

Post by Oman »

Would you prefer that I vig pulse?

Para
Pulse
Elias

I didn't want you to misinterpret a "yes" as "more than Paradox"

I would, right now, prefer you didn't vig anyone just yet. I would want most if not all players to re-read and post a scumlist.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by vollkan »

I would, right now, prefer you didn't vig anyone just yet. I would want most if not all players to re-read and post a scumlist.
Odd, though, that just a few hours ago you voted to put Para at L-2; indicating you were definitely ready for lynch. Now, however, you seem very hesistant about him being vigged.

Equally odd is the fact that you have unvoted on the basis that this "twist changes things". I'd love to know why me claiming has such a profound effect on your suspicion of Para.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:04 pm

Post by Oman »

Well, If you're going to vig I don't need to vote do I? Lynching a dead guy is beyond even me.

Well Vollkan, the main thing I want to hear is any counter-claims. No offence, you've seemed remarkably pro-town, but grain of salt you know.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:07 pm

Post by vollkan »

Well, If you're going to vig I don't need to vote do I? Lynching a dead guy is beyond even me.
You just avoided answering my question.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:12 pm

Post by Oman »

Oh it doesn't I still think he's scum, but you remove the need for my vote.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 pm

Post by vollkan »

Oman, I just did a bit of a reread and I got an idea.

What if I vig pulsewidth and then we can lynch Para? That way we get more information.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”