LoL eSports Discussion

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4075 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:19 am

Post by zoraster »

I think this may be relevant:

Keep in mind that this is from before Thursday.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4076 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:23 am

Post by zoraster »

Spoiler: Tie breaker rules
Regular Season Tiebreaker. In the event that multiple teams are tied 7.3.2in the standings at the conclusion of either Regular Season split (as defined as having the same winning percentage), then any teams so tied will be seeded by head-to-head record. If said teams have identical head-to-head records (as defined as each team winning 50% of games between the two teams), said teams will play one tiebreaker game to determine the final standings.
Tiebreaker games will be played following the final game of the Regular Season, but prior to the first day of the Playoffs. Tied teams will compete against each other until there is a winner.
If three or more teams are tied, the head-to-head record of all teams against all other teams involved in the tiebreaker will be considered. If a single team owns a winning record (as defined as winning more than 50% of the games) against every other team in the tiebreaker, they are automatically granted the highest seed available in the tiebreaker, and a new tiebreaker is declared amongst the remaining teams.
If no team in a tiebreaker holds a winning record against all other teams, the following structures will be used:
Three-way tie: A single round-robin will be played among the three 7.3.3teams. If this does not result in a hierarchical ranking of teams (i.e., distinct 2-0, 1-1, and 0-2 team records), then the three teams will be randomly drawn into a single-elimination bracket where one team has a bye into the finals.
Four-way tie: The teams will be randomly drawn into a “Korean-style” 7.3.4or “dual” bracket, where teams play Bo1 matches throughout the tournament. The four teams will be split into two first-round matches;
Version 2.03; June 26, 2015 31
the winners will then face off in Game 3 while the losers face off in Game 4. The winner of Game 3 will be declared the top seed; the loser of Game 3 will face the winner of Game 4 in a contest to determine 2nd/3rd place; and the loser of Game 4 will be declared 4th place.
Five-way tie: The teams will be randomly drawn into a single-7.3.5elimination bracket, where there is a play-in between two teams for the fourth semi-final spot. The tournament will require a 3rd-place match to determine seeding.
Six-way tie: The teams will be randomly drawn into a single-7.3.6elimination bracket, where two teams have byes into the semi-finals. The tournament will require a 3rd-place match and 5th-place match to determine seeding.
Seven-way tie: The teams will be randomly drawn into a single-7.3.7elimination bracket, where one team has a bye into the semi-finals. The tournament will require a 3rd-place match and loser’s bracket to determine seeding.
Eight-way tie: The teams will be randomly drawn into a single-7.3.8elimination bracket. The tournament will require a 3rd-place match and loser’s bracket (including 7th-place match) to determine seeding.
Nine-way tie: The teams will be randomly drawn into a single-7.3.9elimination bracket, where there is a play-in between two teams for the final spot. The tournament will play out until all seeds are determined one through nine.
Ten-way tie: The teams will be randomly drawn into a single-7.3.10elimination bracket where there are two play-in matches among four teams. The tournament will play out until all seeds are determined one through ten.
Side selection for all tiebreaker games will be determined by a coin flip.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4077 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:20 am

Post by dramonic »

Ok, so my understanding is that since Element is 2-0 against GMB and ROC

Roccat lose: Element gets 6th, tiebreaker for 7th between roc and gambit
Roccat Win: Tie for 5, element 7 gambit 8
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4078 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:26 am

Post by zoraster »

"If ROC loses va ORG, EL will place in 6th place ahead of ROC and GMB (4-0 head-to-head overall) and only 1 tie-break match will be played today betwen ROC and GMB for 7th"

so basically just a sad, sad tiebreaker to avoid the potential for relegation.

If ROCCAT wins I think they play off for that 5th spot, which is important to avoid Fnatic, although honestly maybe they'd rather play UoL instead of H2K to get to the 3rd place match and get the maximum circuit points to help in the gauntlet.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4079 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:35 am

Post by zoraster »

That's actually an interesting question. If you're ROCCAT or Giants, who have zero circuit points so far, do you care whether you're 5th or 6th seed?

If you're ROCCAT or Giants, you probably want at least 4th place to enter the gauntlet, which requires a win against either H2K (for the 6th seed) or UoL (for the 5th seed). If you do that, you assure at least a 4th place finish. I think it's very unlikely either can beat Origen or Fnatic in a best of 5, but obviously you'd prefer Origen.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4080 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:45 am

Post by quadz08 »

visiczaczi playing poppy in the last match of the regular season

WOOOOOOOOO
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4081 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:14 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 4079, zoraster wrote:That's actually an interesting question. If you're ROCCAT or Giants, who have zero circuit points so far, do you care whether you're 5th or 6th seed?

If you're ROCCAT or Giants, you probably want at least 4th place to enter the gauntlet, which requires a win against either H2K (for the 6th seed) or UoL (for the 5th seed). If you do that, you assure at least a 4th place finish. I think it's very unlikely either can beat Origen or Fnatic in a best of 5, but obviously you'd prefer Origen.

Both are in gauntlet no matter what - all 6 playoff teams are the only ones with circuit points due to 8th and below forfeiting all points. With 6 teams, one wins playoffs, one wins points, and the other 4 are gauntlet.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4082 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:16 am

Post by quadz08 »

In post 4080, quadz08 wrote:visiczaczi playing poppy in the last match of the regular season

WOOOOOOOOO

and it literally does not matter, fnatic puts a big friggin' exclamation point on their undefeated season
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4083 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:17 am

Post by zoraster »

well i mean yeah... but if you finish last you have to win 3 best of 5 series (best of 5? best of 3?).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4084 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:20 am

Post by zoraster »

also their lives got a lot easier without Gambit making it into playoffs.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #4085 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I mean, the GIA vs. ROC matchup was asking "who would you rather fight?":

1) UOL (a team who performs well in BO5) and FNATIC (who went 18-0)?
or
2) H2K (3rd place) and ORIGEN (2nd place)?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4086 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by zoraster »

I rate the best chance as playing UoL and then Fnatic if only because it puts your fate more in your hands if I make my assumption that neither team can beat Origen (or Fnatic)

The reason is that I think there's a gap between Origen and H2K, which is only marginally stronger than UoL. The problem is that if UoL get to the second round, they qualify on points BEFORE Origen, even if Origen gets second place. That places Origen in the Gauntlet, which makes the Gauntlet really hard to win. However, if ROC beat UoL, H2K loses to Origen, and ROC beat H2K then Origen makes it in points leaving the Gauntlet as something like:

1. H2K
2. UoL
3. ROC
4. GIA

That's still really hard to climb as it requires ROC or GIA to win 3 best of 5s, but at least they're in games that they can plausibly win.

The path of beating H2K followed by beating Origen would be really hard, but even then it DOESN'T MATTER unless (a) UoL lose their first match or (b) you can beat Fnatic for the win of it all. That's because UoL will have 110 points if they make it to the semis, more than the 90 you get for a second place finish.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4087 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

THe 1st-place ties are
reaaaal
in NA.

With TSM's win, doesn't that make, like, a 5-way tie?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4088 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by dramonic »

no
4 way between liquid, impulse, gravity and clg
tsm is 1 game behind.

tomorrow though... :D
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4089 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by BROseidon »

TL and TIP play each other tomorrow. So, we can only have a 3-way tie for 1st after tomorrow. If it's TL/GV/CLG, GV gets 1st and CLG/TL have to play a tiebreak. If it's TIP/GV/CLG, it's a 3-way tie.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4090 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm so happy with how C9 has fallen.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4091 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

lol C9
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4092 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

TSM still owns at least 50% records against every team above them, though, so if they beat C9 at the very least they should be guaranteed a 3rd-place tiebreaker. It requires CLG, TiP, and Gravity to lose, though, but that should make it only a tie with TiP and Gravity because they'd automatically seed higher than CLG due to a 2-0 record, or even auto-2nd since only they(?) have a 2-0 record against one of those teams.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4093 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 4089, BROseidon wrote:TL and TIP play each other tomorrow. So, we can only have a 3-way tie for 1st after tomorrow. If it's TL/GV/CLG, GV gets 1st and CLG/TL have to play a tiebreak. If it's TIP/GV/CLG, it's a 3-way tie.

GV doesn't have a winning record against CLG, so it would be a 3way tie regardless.
I want TL and TSM to win and GV and CLG to lose so we can have a 4way tie for 2nd tho!
I'm a hoot
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4094 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4093, dramonic wrote:GV doesn't have a winning record against CLG, so it would be a 3way tie regardless.

You're right. I misread the rule.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4095 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 4090, BROseidon wrote:I'm so happy with how C9 has fallen.

Why? You've said this before but I've never seen them as particularly unlikeable
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4096 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by dramonic »

Well.
It's harder to hate C9 now that Meteos is gone.
But they're not really "likeable" either.
I'm a hoot
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4097 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4095, zoraster wrote:
In post 4090, BROseidon wrote:I'm so happy with how C9 has fallen.

Why? You've said this before but I've never seen them as particularly unlikeable

Because it means NA is getting good. I also hate long-term dominance.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4098 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I'd probably like C9 less if I'd followed in since S3.

When I joined in S4, I was really impressed by how much better they seemed to understand the game. Other teams (especially Evil Geniuses in S4) looked like 5 people playing the game on their own. C9 would do creative things that impressed me.

I think Balls is the most boring C9 member, though. Not that he's bad, just relatively little that makes him flashy.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4099 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Balls is bad though.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. He wasn't bad season 3/4. But I have no idea what has gotten to him because he's terrible right now. Like he provides nothing spectacular, and in fact has a lot of bad plays (and tends to get killed a lot). If you literally stick anyone like Cris right now they would achieve the same thing.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.

Return to “The Arcade”