mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2075, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:No, lying to town is never a logical thought process unless you have a powerful role
>TW had a powerful role.
>TW lied to the town.
>The process was extremely logical and pro-town.
>Thus, I hold little blame towards TW's actions.

More or less for me.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2090, Reasonably Rational wrote:I don't, however, believe either Ricastle or yourself can blame him for your knee-jerk reactions. Try thinking before you act. If something can't be undone...don't fucking do it any earlier than you have to. You think he's scum? Plan to vig him? Milk him for some fucking information first.
-Cerb
This, btw. So much this.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

Unproven logic was what it was. Wguerts would not of been dayvigged had he not claimed a vig himself. Therefore him claiming got him killed, and I consider that neither logical or pro-town.

Why am I taking this so seriously you might ask? I really hate when town lies, there just isn't an excuse for it. Even worse when people try to defend the act instead of rightfully siding against the liar.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mastin: what do you think of nic?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 2100, mastin2 wrote:>The process was extremely logical and pro-town.
And it has yet to be explained why this is.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2095, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:@Frogger I'm not misrepresenting anything. Making up a role you don't have is bad town policy, and the actual justifications for doing so are rarely good. I do accept that I used my power prematurely, but if anything I feel like Wguerts sealed his own fate here.

Yeah, you didn't misrep my fault. I misread 2087.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2098, mastin2 wrote:Also, 2031 pretty sure wasn't a scumslip, but the wording makes it possible from Frogger.
Justsayin.

Yeah. Not a scumslip. I was town on that prior and I'm town here. "With me as scum" meant Ricastle as scum (in other words I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do that twice in a row with me in the game where he is scum). It should be obvious by context but you are confbiasing so you'll do anything to find a scumslip from me.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by NicCage »

In post 1943, Ricastle wrote:NicCage, I'd like to hear your thoughts on these players:

Fro99er
Sonic X
TunnelWarriors
Reasonably Rational
TheFuzzylogic99

Sonic X is hard for me to sort out. I'm starting to change my mind on him a bit, and I'm thinking maybe he isn't scum after all and is just obnoxious and sloppy. I don't really see the scum motivation for trying to gladiate on D2, or even at the end of D1, since that would get him into a lot of hot water. I'm assuming that role makes it a vote off between him and his target.

RR- Yesterday they were a bit frustrating with the refusal to cooperate with people asking them to play differently, especially since each head has apparently acted different in the past. But it wasn't like they didn't say anything of value before being pressed. I feel like they take a neutral position by and large, but I don't see anything particularly scummy about them.

St. Constantine is probably just an idiot, there's really no scum motivation to his play. I felt that bins was town after my conversation with her at the end of D1, and I don't think that there's anything scummy or strange about her trying to get in an alliance with RR if she was suspicious of them, which she had stated. It's also not a weird suspicion. I had the impression that she wasn't even planning to use her power on that slot without first trying to evaluate it. Also there was no need for her to mention what her power does, if she were scum and accidentally stumbled into that large alliance I wouldn't imagine that she would give that information up.

Fuzzy... Eh. I probably should have just hopped on his wagon yesterday rather than voting beer. I really can't tell if he's faking or being honest, but all of his play is pretty surface level, and he only seems to question things that other people have brought up. He's VI as fuck though, regardless of his alignment, especially with all the spelling errors. I just want to share this with you all, one of fuzzy's interests as quoted from his profile is "challanging my mental capacity".

Fro99er feels scummy to me. I don't know how to interpret his role either way, and while his flavor may be possible his claim still felt weird to me. I keep waffling on him in my head and now I'm getting lazy so I'm gonna give up for today.

p-edit, you guys posted a lot while I was writing this
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

So, a lot of shit happened. Like a lot. It was fun to read until I saw Ricastle's dayvig.

I intended this to be a catchup post but like.. I'm just really annoyed because all of the people who are being ridiculous are town. Even Constantine looks town now. I can't think of a reason for scum to do what they did. I hate catchup posts (I AM caught up, I just don't feel like writing because there's so much I'm kind of.. ehhh, about)

I'm gonna force myself to go over all this though

Ricastle, like, what

In post 1982, Ricastle wrote:
In post 1976, TunnelWarriors wrote:If it is, *shrug*, you just killed a mass jailkeeper alliance maker. GG

Why the fucking hell did you claim dayvig? Just tell me that. Did you actually think you wouldn't get countervigged?

So, by your logic, why the hell would Tunnel have publicly claimed dayvig anyways? And if you really didn't think they were lying, then why would you shoot them? You thought that there couldn't be two town dayvigs in one game, so Tunnel had to be lying, or scum dayvig? Or did you only think they were lying until after you shot them?

I'm reading it again and I guess you really thought they were scum, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. But honestly it seems like a decision made emotionally and not because you have some agenda.. it's too stupid to be scum.

Constantine, I still don't understand your thought process. Ricastle I can kind of understand, emotions and what-not, but you basically holding people hostage, that I don't get. I'm just.. I don't think I can deal with this right now, I'm trying but there's so much guhhh

Mayor Dewey was a cool role and so was his commuter ability. Commuter! That's sweet. I'm annoyed it's gone for a dumb reason

I don't think fuzzy is going to be useful to this game at all. They're town and that's the only reason I don't want them lynched, but there is also literally no way fuzzy is going to be nightkilled. I GUESS they have to be dealt with somehow?? I don't know, i don't like PL either.

I also don't know if there's a vig in this game or not, it's super likely though, and that's the best target I can think of. A fuzzy lynch is a policy lynch though, that's all there is to it.

I don't remember if we're still arguing about that, but I don't think Sonic is lying about being gladiator

I'm not great at catchups, I'm coming to realize. Constantine, Fro99er, Replace In. These are nice lynch targets. If you want my opinion on something else feel free to ask, I do have a lot of opinions but a lot of them are 'this person has done something i don't like and also they are probably town', and those are just so disheartening I don't want to list them

Vezok, you mentioned flavour and then said you wanted me back to posting? Is there something you wanted me to weigh in on? There's a lot going on, flavour-wise, but I'm only gonna talk about flavour in response to questions or if I think it points to somebody being for sure town or scum. For example, vezok is town because flavour.

I'll be around for the rest of the night to answer questions, anyways.

NicCage, you'd do well to google some roles. I saw you asking about redirector yesterday and guessing on gladiator today. The Mafia wiki has descriptions of everything you'd need to know.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I didn't mean to post that, I wasn't done

I wanted to end that by saying that I have no problem with any of you. Anything I say about players in this game is purely in this game, please nobody take offense, I'm just kind of annoyed that I wasn't here when all of this was happening, and that vigs continue to always, always, always have itchy trigger fingers. But I have no problem with Ricastle and I don't mean to insult.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

What's your thoughts on nic, maxwell
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

Also in your catch up you have Constantine as town but say he would make a good lynch???
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Okay seriously. This just needs to be said.

Ricastle; your actions strongly indicate that you might be an idiot. I'm sorry to be so blunt about it but really, your action was
that
bad. You need to go sit in the idiot chair and play with the idiot ball for awhile.

Like ... within a couple pages before your shot, it was pointed out that town vigilante is dying out as a role on this site because most town vigilantes try to be "hero vig" and end up being "zero vig" instead. Someone even explicitly said why vigilante shots end up being bad and fail, and even pointed out how to
avoid
becoming a "zero vig", and then you just ignored all that and become a zero.

The worst part is that TunnelWarriors freaking claimed his character already, and demonstrated that a large portion of his claim was true by forming a larger than normal alliance.

Somehow, even worse than that ... you shot TunnelWarriors because he had a ridiculously pro-town plan in motion. You had
SOLID RATIONAL EVIDENCE
that TunnelWarriors was bluffing about dayvig, or else why would the Bins slot still be alive after it threatened to make three of us vanilla? It appears like you didn't even engage your brain, ever, throughout the entire process that led to you making that play.

Furthermore, you are very scummy after the vig was over because you are speculating about TunnelWarriors thinking either We or Trench are scum, and stating it as if it were fact. Even after you were corrected and told that Tunnel had claimed and explained his plans completely after you did the shot in thread, but before he died, you still pressed on with that narrative. You get extra scum points for trying to ditch responsibility for your
horrendously awful
play and even more so for trying to make your victim seem at fault. Your attempts to deflect any blame
and
to plant the idea that Tunnel's actions must mean he had some reason to think We or Trench are scum ... those things look like they have an agenda behind them. They appear to be you trying to spin a narrative. You know which side of mafia games has to make up a story? The fucking scum side.

For your information, and Trench can confirm this, Tunnel had a very good plan for making a town block and firming his
town
read on both Trench and Us. He outlined his plan and how he was testing us after you did your crap in the thread, and really that hydra was quite smart in how it approached things. You just blew up what I suspect would have been a very powerful town block.

I personally think you are scum, given the way you have tried to spin things and put words into a dead slot's mouth. I also think the point that people shouldn't try and hero vig apparently isn't made just by saying it and pointing it out and explaining how to avoid the trap. Perhaps if we lynch you, we might make the point loud and clear enough that, at least among people in this game, someone might actually learn the fucking lesson.

I'm cranky, going through full mouth reconstruction (full dental extractions and implants a few teeth at a time) and thus in pain all the time, and I just have no patience for the sort of awful that you displayed in the action and the aftermath. If you are town, you need to take responsibility for your absolutely ridiculously shitty play instead of trying to blame other people for a decision you made by yourself, apparently while entirely ignoring tons of things in the freaking game thread that were telling you that you shouldn't do it.

Personally, I think you are scum and you slipped after the flip.

VOTE: Ricastle

Love, to everyone who isn't currently holding the idiot ball,
Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I first thought Constantine was town when I first started my read (that catchup is a mess), that was about when they said they would take back their alliance-exploding thingy, but by the end of it I had to go back to my original read. I just couldn't think of why scum would do what Constantine did, but it also doesn't make sense to do it as town, so that line of thinking fell apart pretty rapidly. That whole post is just my thoughts as they came to me with no editing, and so I can see why I missed putting some important ones down, particularly those dealing with how my thought went from A to B.

NicCage was someone I brought up to Skybird as not being able to sort, yesterday. Skybird may have the been the one to bring him up, I don't remember now. Or early today, I don't remember. Their lack of actual scumreads (I think the closest read they have is on Fro99er, and they admit to waffling on that), is something I noticed. I feel like NicCage is getting attention not because they've done anything particularly scummy or towny, but because people are noticing that NicCage hasn't been the topic of any discussions, so they want to address him. The only reason he was on my radar at all was because of the scumreads that actually made me look at his play.

I agree with Nic about fuzzy being the VI, but I don't see how he can't tell that fuzzy isn't faking.

At the end of the day he's nullscum I guess. NicCage, do you have any reads you feel super strongly about? Also, why do you ask about roles in-thread when you have a google machine right in front of you?
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Can you guys all get along? Sheesh, there is so much attacking in this game among players.
Show

Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Ricastle. Were you scum or town reading Hermit at the time of your dayvig?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Spoiler: NicCage reads
In post 2107, NicCage wrote:
In post 1943, Ricastle wrote:NicCage, I'd like to hear your thoughts on these players:

Fro99er
Sonic X
TunnelWarriors
Reasonably Rational
TheFuzzylogic99

Sonic X is hard for me to sort out. I'm starting to change my mind on him a bit, and I'm thinking maybe he isn't scum after all and is just obnoxious and sloppy. I don't really see the scum motivation for trying to gladiate on D2, or even at the end of D1, since that would get him into a lot of hot water. I'm assuming that role makes it a vote off between him and his target.

RR- Yesterday they were a bit frustrating with the refusal to cooperate with people asking them to play differently, especially since each head has apparently acted different in the past. But it wasn't like they didn't say anything of value before being pressed. I feel like they take a neutral position by and large, but I don't see anything particularly scummy about them.

St. Constantine is probably just an idiot, there's really no scum motivation to his play. I felt that bins was town after my conversation with her at the end of D1, and I don't think that there's anything scummy or strange about her trying to get in an alliance with RR if she was suspicious of them, which she had stated. It's also not a weird suspicion. I had the impression that she wasn't even planning to use her power on that slot without first trying to evaluate it. Also there was no need for her to mention what her power does, if she were scum and accidentally stumbled into that large alliance I wouldn't imagine that she would give that information up.

Fuzzy... Eh. I probably should have just hopped on his wagon yesterday rather than voting beer. I really can't tell if he's faking or being honest, but all of his play is pretty surface level, and he only seems to question things that other people have brought up. He's VI as fuck though, regardless of his alignment, especially with all the spelling errors. I just want to share this with you all, one of fuzzy's interests as quoted from his profile is "challanging my mental capacity".

Fro99er feels scummy to me. I don't know how to interpret his role either way, and while his flavor may be possible his claim still felt weird to me. I keep waffling on him in my head and now I'm getting lazy so I'm gonna give up for today.

p-edit, you guys posted a lot while I was writing this

I really hate this post. NicCage's reads are pretty much follow the crowd in terms of popular opinion and still leave wiggle room for getting out of those reads. The only one he's even kind of committed to is Hermit.
Heil King Froggo.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by NicCage »

Is it at all likely for Ricastle to be scum, flavor-wise? It says in the OP that Dewey was hospitalized by the laser light cannon, which I assume only Steven or Greg would be able to use. Unless something else in the show indicates otherwise; I'm only 15 episodes in.

I looked on the mafia wiki before making that post, but I didn't see a gladiator page in the big list of roles. I guess yeah google is probably smart for using. You guys already know though, so I don't really have to do anything if you told me.
Not really. I mean I
felt
like Fro99er was scum while I was making that post, but I couldn't find anything to back it up with when skimming his ISO. I read the end of D1 in reference to him a few days ago, and again yesterday, but I don't feel solid about anything anymore. Maybe come back tomorrow, I'm not really open to spending more time on mafia today, but I will do more tomorrow night.
What's so genuine about Fuzzy? I can see it either way.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Constantine, it's like... wow, it's real hard to call someone scum without 'attacking them'. I don't think anyone has said anything mean-spirited that hasn't been addressed, though.

NicCage: I just google 'role name mafia wiki' and you can find anything, unless it's a one-time thing invented for a game. BUt you bring up a good point. There really aren't any scum characters that would use the laser light cannon, I hadn't actually considered that when thinking about Ricastle, which is weird because I'm usually all over that.

Only Greg and the Crystal Gems even know the activation codes! No room for a fakeclaim.

Calling someone genuine is hard to back up with evidence, it's just.. look at all their posts. I'm not attacking people for scumreading fuzzy, I get it, I guess I just don't see where people are getting that he's faking his demeanor. Like.. maybe,
maybe
he's just that bad as scum, but anyone saying that he's acting dumb as a way to get rid of suspicion are fooling themselves. Also, that's very obviously not working.. I doubt he would keep trying. I want someone to accuse fuzzy of being scum, and use something that isn't 'he's an idiot bruh', if they're going to accuse him at all.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2118, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I want someone to accuse fuzzy of being scum, and use something that isn't 'he's an idiot bruh', if they're going to accuse him at all.

This.

He's in my null pile, but I'm reading him more as town VI than scum. His scum meta is so tryhard and more careful.
Heil King Froggo.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

@titus:I'm not allying with you.
@mastin:you better get confirmed tomorrow or else I'm turbo lynching you.

vote niccage

Let's do this.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 2108, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Or did you only think they were lying until after you shot them?
ding ding ding correct answer, yay...

In post 2112, Reasonably Rational wrote:Okay seriously. This just needs to be said.
Oh really? So you're about to say something that hasn't been stated before by literally everyone present after the shot then? Oh, no, you just want a justification for kicking the man while he's down. Fuck you.

What I CANNOT fucking stand is when people use another's mistake to bolster their own righteous ego when that mistake could only be properly realised in hindsight!!
In post 2112, Reasonably Rational wrote:Like ... within a couple pages before your shot, it was pointed out that town vigilante is dying out as a role on this site because most town vigilantes try to be "hero vig" and end up being "zero vig" instead. Someone even explicitly said why vigilante shots end up being bad and fail, and even pointed out how to
avoid
becoming a "zero vig", and then you just ignored all that and become a zero.
Did you read what you just quoted? The statement was that vigs were dying out as a role. So HOW FUCKING LIKELY WAS IT THAT THERE WERE TWO VIGS?? That post did nothing but invigorate my decision.

In post 2112, Reasonably Rational wrote:The worst part is that TunnelWarriors freaking claimed his character already, and demonstrated that a large portion of his claim was true by forming a larger than normal alliance.
Is large alliance forming not a reasonable scum role? Because it fucking is. That was the only proven part.

In post 2112, Reasonably Rational wrote:Somehow, even worse than that ... you shot TunnelWarriors because he had a ridiculously pro-town plan in motion. You had
SOLID RATIONAL EVIDENCE
that TunnelWarriors was bluffing about dayvig, or else why would the Bins slot still be alive after it threatened to make three of us vanilla? It appears like you didn't even engage your brain, ever, throughout the entire process that led to you making that play.
WHAT PLAN???

OH, THERE WAS SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE HE WAS LYING WAS THERE? THANKS, IT'S NOT LIKE
THAT WAS WHY I SHOT HIM OR ANYTHING, WAS IT
?!

Unless anybody can tell me why it was reasonable, after accumulating overwhelming evidence that Tunnel was lying, to assume he was town rather than scum, SHUT THE FUCK UP because you are clearly NOT understanding the circumstances.

In post 2112, Reasonably Rational wrote:Furthermore, you are very scummy after the vig was over because you are speculating about TunnelWarriors thinking either We or Trench are scum, and stating it as if it were fact. Even after you were corrected and told that Tunnel had claimed and explained his plans completely after you did the shot in thread, but before he died, you still pressed on with that narrative.
No I didn't!! As soon as his posts in the PT were explained I dropped it! And you are actually acting as if I am still holding this opinion...you know which side of mafia games has to make up a story? The fucking scum side.

In post 2112, Reasonably Rational wrote:I'm cranky, going through full mouth reconstruction (full dental extractions and implants a few teeth at a time) and thus in pain all the time, and I just have no patience for the sort of awful that you displayed in the action and the aftermath. If you are town, you need to take responsibility for your absolutely ridiculously shitty play instead of trying to blame other people for a decision you made by yourself, apparently while entirely ignoring tons of things in the freaking game thread that were telling you that you shouldn't do it.

Personally, I think you are scum and you slipped after the flip.

VOTE: Ricastle
You know what, I have HAD IT with the egos in this game. You wouldn't be remotely justified stating any of this before the flip. There were NO further questions I could have asked which wouldn't have required I already knew their answer: In other words, something you can only bring up IN HINDSIGHT, which is all you have been
fucking
going on this
entire
fucking time.

I am not remotely interested in this game anymore because purportedly for reasons perfectly apparent to ME prior to the flip that shot was the most atrocious play in the history of MS and all of you couldn't make me feel worse about it. So I'm just going to coast to lylo by doing nothing so I can actually live to endgame for once. No, I'm not interested in replacing out, much as I'm not interested in doing anything positive for you fuckers.

Parking vote. VOTE: NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:13 pm

vote: niccage
Show

Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

Ok I think we all need a chill pill here. I'm sitting to myself wondering, how the hell did we get here? I don't actually have a problem with Ricastle's shot. I'm the same type of player. A player claims a role that is CCing to me, I fucking handle that shit. Is it unfortunate, yes. Should Tunnel have probably fessed up that he didn't actually have a day vig in the hood, probably. Could Ricastle have voted Tunnel and tried to elicit reactions and scumhunt before vigging (because that shot was likely to happen)? Sure. There's many guessing and second guessing things we can do. There's zero requirement for any individual player to be perfect, only to do their best.

There's an old research story I heard on NPR radio while stuck in traffic. This old professor thinks that all these townfolk are stupid. He goes down to the county fair to see how smart they are. Their task, estimate the weight of a cow. None of the people guessing knew anything about how to weigh a cow. Yet, everyone knew how much individual things weighed, like a package. The townsfolk put in their guesses. Most of them were off dramatically. Yet, when all the results were averaged together, the average was closer than any one individual's guess. This is the same pattern I find game after game, and why my VCA is so effective.

So if we can chill out, and not expect each other to be perfect or expect the town play to be your play, that would be great. Yelling at each other is not going to be effective. Yelling should be done as a last resort, if at all. I'm not perfect there, but that's what should happen.

~Titus
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

There's an actual test to see what Crying Breakfast Friend you are. I'm Spilt Milk.

Spoiler:
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”