Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:11 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Here's how this is going to work.

unvote, vote: Glork

You can all argue amongst yourselves who is the play for today. I'm done posting until tomorrow.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Jack »

fos:tcs
Glork wrote:lay is still scummy and your anger seems fake.
Glork wrote:This game, I would imagine, is progressing almost ideally for the scums right now.
What? I really don't think it is. One scum is dead and we have a couple suspects who have a high chance of being scum.
mini-fos:glork
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Glork »

Cute, TCS. So you're going to just go an entire gameday without commenting even once on a full one-third of the players? Can't stomach the fact that I'm right about your shoddy play, so you're going to pretend to get all pissed off and basically OMGUS me? Why don't you have an *actual* response to the points I made about why your play is terrible?

Guardian: Sarcastro's play in this game is reminiscent of Newbie 368 where he was an IC with me. He basically did the same thing: Lurked a lot, made a few comments which were fairly uninsightful, and kept promising to do better without actually doing so. Eventually he got replaced, and then his replacement dropped, and then the mod abandoned the game... but he was scum nonetheless, and my read on him was dead accurate.

Jack: Having MoS die is probably insignificant in the grander scheme of things. In the game I cited, Calvin & Hobbes Mafia, there were only two mafiates (it was a 10-2 Mountainous setup), and we lynched one of them D1, and
then
VitaminR slid under the radar and the vocal players all got each other killed. The numbers can be misleading. And the chances of the "top suspects" being scum is clearly in debate. I don't think YB is scum, I think inHim is rather unlikely to be scum (in spite of his play -- like I said, *if* he's scum, he's probably the SK). Shteven is still a pretty good candidate, but I'd guess that 2 (maybe as many as three) of the living scums are semi-lurkers or full-blown lurkers, and that they're just not gettnig noticed.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Guardian »

Glork, another decent+ post.

TCS, I did what you are doing now as town, once. I regret it. Emotion got the better of me. Now granted, the players who made me do it were quite evil... (hi PJ :D)... lol. But it is a game. Really, I think you analyzing some of those players could help us a lot. Help us, kind sir.

Glork, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Manaspryte, specifically, too.

I may do a case on her, but I want to get people's opinions before doing so, to see what
they
think.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Glork »

This feels like Good Cop, Bad Cop with Guardian/Me grilling TCS. Guardian is playing the role of JDodge, and I am playing the role of Bad Cop. Guardian, I'll get to your request by the end of Thursday.

Fake or not, TCS's current attiude and behavior are not going to help him or the rest of the town at all. If he can make an objective, sound argument as to why his actions in this game are strong, I'm willing to listen. However, I've seen a tunnel-visioned and lazy player who is continually failing to take any initiative to look elsewhere. Unfortunately, there are
LOTS
of tunnel-visioned and lazy players who are continually failing to take any initiative and look elsewhere.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: I will get to ManaSpryte by the end of Thursday (visitor coming this afternoon through tomorrow). I thought I had mentioned a bit about her earlier, when AE was attacking her, but perhaps I didn't.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:03 am

Glork wrote:This feels like Good Cop, Bad Cop with Guardian/Me grilling TCS. Guardian is playing the role of JDodge, and I am playing the role of Bad Cop. Guardian, I'll get to your request by the end of Thursday.

Fake or not, TCS's current attiude and behavior are not going to help him or the rest of the town at all. If he can make an objective, sound argument as to why his actions in this game are strong, I'm willing to listen. However, I've seen a tunnel-visioned and lazy player who is continually failing to take any initiative to look elsewhere. Unfortunately, there are
LOTS
of tunnel-visioned and lazy players who are continually failing to take any initiative and look elsewhere.
zomg plz look any ne1 but me
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:05 am

For fucking seriously, man, you are scum. You can throw up all the verbose posts you want to smokescreen that fact, you can accuse me of tunnel vision, you can order me about, you can bemoan the poor play of others, and I can say that every last one of these behaviors is indicative of scum trying to seem pro-town enough to deflect suspiscion away from himself.
possibly
comment."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Glork »

Oh, so now me making a valid point against you is "trying to seem pro-town...to deflect suspicion"? Nevermind that I have a completely legitimate point about the fact that
you've not said a single word about five out of fifteen living players during this game-day
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:15 am

Glork wrote:Oh, so now me making a valid point against you is "trying to seem pro-town...to deflect suspicion"? Nevermind that I have a completely legitimate point about the fact that
you've not said a single word about five out of fifteen living players during this game-day
Aren't you going to offer any substantial analysis? You're not going to say, "I think TCS is blah blah blah so clearly the five people he mentioned must be blah blah blah." You could finish that post in a lot less time than spending 500 words per post roundly criticizing playstyle, and it would make me have far more fun in this game.

And I won't comment on those five players until you go through every person in this game, figure out who they haven't discussed, and issue similar directives as to who they should be talking about.

In fact, I have an idea. Let's all do exactly what Glork says. Glork, who am I voting for? Should I FOS someone? Should I post some more? Should I ask for replacement? Should I wipe my ass? Remember to say "Glork says" or it doesn't count.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:24 am

Look, I'm sorry. This game should be fun. I don't want to make this personal... but your behavior makes me think you're scum, and I think there *IS* scum in the "active players" category. Sure, it's quite possible Billy or MBL are scum... but sans any other idea of how the scum are playing this, I'd rather not go on a lurker-hunt when there are so many enticing options before us.
possibly
comment."
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Guardian »

Guys, kiss and make up. Glork stop being mean. TCS, stop being bullied. Both of you, find scum plz.

Surely Glork is not the only scum TCS -- might some of his buddies (manaspryte!) be included in his list? Or, if he is SK, might he be trying to help find scum?
Do not lynch me.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:48 am

the latter
possibly
comment."
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Guardian »

Guardian wrote:If he is the SK, as TCS says, I am willing to keep him around to help us find scum. Literally. I worry more that he is mafia and leading us on wild goose chases.

As SK, he wouldn't target me because he isn't silly like that, forcing the mafia to... Oh Glork, plz be SK.
TCS, do you think the above makes sense? If Glork helps us find all the scum and he is still alive, then we can look at him. As MBL said, the SK is really weak and needs to help kill scum, otherwise they get in a near un-winnable situation.

So, if you are convinced Glork is the SK, might it not make sense to go through with his plan, at least in part, analyze the lurkers, and find scum?

Also, side-note -- SK, if you aren't Glork, you should still try to target scum. Look how easy a Glork-frame is if you hit scum 3 nights in a row :).
Do not lynch me.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Glork »

I suppose I'm a little miffed that you don't seem to care that a third of the town is lurking, and that more players (yourself included) are reasonably active but slacking off and ignoring the inactives. In your own wiki, you say this:
Newbie 290 Vanilla Townie (Scum Win). I screwed up on Day 1, and crypticgeek screwed up on Day 2. Good game by gootentag/Glork;
we lost because the town didn't participate actively in scumhunting.
(Emphasis mine.)
Have you learned
nothing
from that game?

On a separate note: I'm curious to know why you think I'm the
Serial Killer
and not Mafia. What SK-specific tells do you believe I have given off in your opinion?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:46 am

Glork wrote:I suppose I'm a little miffed that you don't seem to care that a third of the town is lurking, and that more players (yourself included) are reasonably active but slacking off and ignoring the inactives. In your own wiki, you say this:
Newbie 290 Vanilla Townie (Scum Win). I screwed up on Day 1, and crypticgeek screwed up on Day 2. Good game by gootentag/Glork;
we lost because the town didn't participate actively in scumhunting.
(Emphasis mine.)
Have you learned
nothing
from that game?

On a separate note: I'm curious to know why you think I'm the
Serial Killer
and not Mafia. What SK-specific tells do you believe I have given off in your opinion?
Specifically, I don't see any valid connections between you and any other players.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:48 am

You read my wiki? :o
possibly
comment."
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Jack »

MBL, HackerHuck,Yos2, Manaspryte and sarcastro haven't been posting nearly enough all day.

Inhim should post more considering he is one of the main suspects.

This game seems a bit stuck.

I would vote for Inhim or Shteven, with preference to Inhim.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by Glork »

Jack, what exactly are your thoughts on the lurkers. Which among those four players is most likely to be scum? Which is least likely?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by Jack »

...I don't know, they haven't been posting enough.

I don't think mbl is scum, he posted enough yesterday.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Glork »

:roll:

Now do you see why I'm bitching about the status of this game and the fact that nobody seems to give a shit that so many players are inactive?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by Guardian »

I care. Manaspryte is inactive. She should be lynched. Your thoughts please Glork? Or have you for sure commented?

I will be making a case on her before I return to school Friday.
Do not lynch me.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by Glork »

Oh... I guess I've not said as much as I thought I did.

As stated before, Spryte hasn't given us much to work with. I said I found Yos to be more suspect than Spryte, and that I felt earlier that YB was trying to deflect attention/momentum from Shteven onto Spryte.

I don't really see the case against Spryte. I believe that AE has stated that she feels Johhan (Spryte's former incarnation) is playing differently here than he did as town in another game. However, I don't consider that a reliable tell, especially based on a single game of experience. Some players (*points to himself*) intentionally shuffle around their playstyles from game to game specifically to obfuscate that kind of metagaming. Other than that, I don't think anybody has presented nearly enough of a case against Spryte to convince me to vote her. It's mostly either sheeping what AE said or voting her solely because of lurking. I am very underwhelmed.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I would say that this latest outburst by Glork only makes me think he's more likely to be scum. The argument he makes against TCS is somewhat reasonable, but I'm not sure why he's such the target here. If you're going to be targeting lurkers, why are you going after TCS so hard? I get the feeling that you're trying too hard to be helpful. I felt that you made a good observation on Sarcastro (see Old Maid Mafia for another example) but you glossed over it very quickly. You also seemed to be in agreement on my concerns about YB, but yet again, you didn't seem to take that any further and you're instead working on engaging people in these heated debates.

Right now, my top four would be YB, Sarcastro, Glork, and TCS. I feel pretty good that there are two scum in that little group.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:10 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

To the people who think that my lurking is a scumtell - it's not. I've been doing that in all of my games recently (except Consulmaker, which was near endgame). That doesn't make it okay, of course, but it has more to do with the fact that I was on vacation for two weeks recently, and I fell behind in this game (and one other) in particular, as they're both large and early.

Unfortunately, it's going to get worse before it gets better, as I'm leaving for London on Friday and I likely won't be able to post at all until the following Saturday. I promise that upon my return I will make a full re-read of Day 2 (and some of Day 1, if I can force myself).

Oh, and to the quoted examples - Glork, I told you, my lurking in that game had nothing to do with my alignment (though you obviously were able to pick me out because of poor play) and everything to do with the fact that I just wasn't interested in playing in a newbie game. And HH, Old Maid started right before my temporary and sudden disappearance from the site. The same thing happened in several games, regardless of my alignment.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”