Newbie 442 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by IH »

Hey guys.

STUFF FOR DAY 1:
(ie now)

Most games usually start off with random votes, and lynch minus two (two votes from lynch) is usually where the line is drawn for the first few pages. Why? Well, if you put someone at two votes, and the mafia want to speedlynch, they have to give away both of their members.

Lynch Minus (-)1 (one from lynch), is alot more dangerous, as it allows scum to speedlynch, but when we lynch one of those, we only have one lynched scum, while the other hides on day 3, and presumably cruises to an easy win.

Any questions about the game (rules, pms, whether it's ok to post or not) should probably be sent to the mod.(Meme)

Any other questions can be answered by the local IC's. (Me and LoudMouthedLee)

Also, NO ONE TELL US YOUR ROLE, or what's in your pm.

STUFF FOR DAY 2:

First off, Lylo is lynch or lose. The mafia can win if you lynch wrong.

In this game, mislynching a townie will make you go into lylo, and scum can speedlynch if you place a vote. So if we lynch wrong today, DON'T PLACE A VOTE TOMORROW UNTIL YOU'RE SURE!

(just trying to compile all of the normal newbie stuff into one post, to try and "enrich" the game for later, and HOPEFULLY avoid an early deadline.)
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by IH »

also,
Vote:Cromagnum

because I feel like it.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:43 am

Post by IH »

LML wrote:Vote: IH

Something about your opening posts strike me as Mafia Buddying Up to the town.
I seriously hope you're joking.

= |

Also you can refer to meas IC I guess, but I'm IH <.<;
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by IH »

White wrote:Actually I do have to agree somewhat with what LML said however it doesn't strike me as much as he makes it out to be.

One thing i've noticed about LML is that he comes on strong and doesn't work too well in shades of gray. It's more black and white for him. He's also logical and presents a nice case but could easily throw a wrench in the works and no one would be able to pick it out.

LML, i'm going to be cautious of you.
I'm slight more confident it was a joke and a random reason to vote. I'm unsure if I've played with LML before, but buddying up to town is first of all a horrible argument, mainly cause I'm not buddying up to one player.

Plus I do post this in every one of my newbie games.

The same to Peter, I would suggest before becoming so forthcoming with arguments, it is better to ask a question, and find out a players motives. Better reactions, and can sometimes be more telling.
Peter wrote:I really don't like how you came off as joking with your racist comment, than when I joked back you attacked me for acting weird and making strange deductions. Your whole "I'd vote on you, but... that's putting somone at -2, and that is bad even though IH just said it isn't..." rubbed me the wrong way.

If you sincerely feel my behavior has been scummy I would encourage you to vote. If you are town, you shouldn't worry about posturing. The only tool you have to find scum is your vote, use it to the fullest. I find your hesitance confusing.
I would find the first comment enough for slightly better than a random vote

unvote, vote:White

the second part I would say would just suggest he is not reading (or just not reading long posts)
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by IH »

White wrote:I really think that white isn't really scummy but just proud. I mean you wouldn't want people calling you a Honkey would you? And he made his no -2 decision before IH posted his spiel.

I think jumping on people early, when not everybody has posted real content is mildly suspicious, so FOS:IH.

Maybe we should calm down a bit..
1.No he didn't I posted before he made is -2 decision.
2.Way to try to and stop conversation.

Newbies please answer this question. Do you think being agrressive is scummy?

White wrote:You get an idea and you run with it to the ends of the earth. I personally think you find me threatening because i'm calmer than you.
Doubt it.

I doubt he finds you threatening.
White wrote:do however think you are making strange deductions but that idea has dissipated for the time being. Currently i'm most suspicious of IH and LML for seeming to jump on me. Primarily though of LML because he seems to be bandwagoning and voting me for a hardly flimsy argument ("I think you're scum because you're being cautious of me!!!"). IMO that is kinda a weak reason to put someone at -1 and then realizing that risk to me, a "Massive FoS".
1.Interesting you find the ICs scummiest
2.Would you refute my point on you then?
3.How much do you think LML actually believes what he is saying, especially since he didn't leave you at lynch -1?

White to quote someone you need Quotations around the name.
you also need to end it with [/quote]
White wrote:Nope, again you're making a poor judgement call. That's called weighing my options and choosing the best one. The best one is to think about your actions, consider alternatives, the make a choice. Thinking about eveyrone does you no good at all unless you actually do something about it. I considered not doing anything. I didn't like it because your actions and rash judgement calls are worthy of atleast a FoS. I chose not to FoS you because you have pulled some crap and practically called me out as mafia in all forms other than a direct sentence saying so. That left me with the only choice left as a vote, which I did.
In other words you omgus voted him. You voted him because he attacked you, which is not a valid argument,.
white wrote:Well sometimes expectations are broken. Tell me you've never played a game where someone you expected to be town turned out to be mafia. I'm not perfect but neither are you. Just because i'm new to the game of mafia doesn't mean i'm new to life or logic. Sometimes you'll learn the most bizarre things in the most obvious of places. Are you saying you can't learn anything or a newbie can't teach you anything?
I find this slightly pointless, and just trying to shoot LML down. Granted LML was bragging a bit, but I mean, I don't think he was talking down to you. I think he was scoffing you for suggesting his play is wrong.
Chromagnum wrote:Okay... through all the reasoning I carried along with you... but you're last comment has me completely on edge with you.

Did you really mean suggesting the town lynch LML??? At this early stage... where most haven't had the opportunity to really dig into the weeds... that's about as scummy a tell as you can get.

unvote
FoS: White

Oh... OMGUS = Oh My God U Suck (the Wiki is a great reference tool).
FoS:Chromagnum

So.... if you trule believed this statement you wouldn't have unvoted LML, as he stated the same thing about white, signifying it with lynch minus one.
White wrote:Ah goodness, i'm having some trouble and need to get some sleep. Sorry, thank you Peter for unvoting me.

I tried looking at wiki and even googled it but I didn't get anything other than the office of military gov't, US.
not Wikipedia, the Mafia Wiki
Snix wrote:IH: You come off as too helpful, I don't know how to explain it you just do. I know it's part of your IC duties but whenever I see anybody that likes to ooze advice... it just seems off. You also seem to have gotten it into your head that White is scum from what? A few jokey comments at the beginning of the game? So what are your real motivations?
Are you saying I am Too Townie?
White wrote:My role isn't really a complicated one.....um...*shrug* it's not too rare either....
Well, I thought you were mafia and so yes, you are powerful. Besides, I have no idea what powers of persuasion you possess. It only makes sense in my mind to try and discredit your biggest opponent which for me in this game (and every game really) is the mafia. If you are mafia then naturally i'm going to try and do everything I can to get you exposed and killed. I thought you were mafia.
No. If you are town this is the wrong mindset. You never want to discredit someone for invalid reasons. You want to attack their arguments, refute their arguments, but not just attack the player themselves.

Guys some of you criticize me for not 'contributing" but I only get around 1 time to respond, and thats after work, at 5:00. I am working around real life guys. I am not "lazy" I am not "inhibited" but I do have "a life".
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by IH »

Snix wrote: No, it just seems that you're trying to hard to be helpful, maybe. I'm very skeptical of people being nice.
Why?
Also take a look at my other newbie games and see if they are any different please.
White wrote:Well you as an IC should know there's no blanket answer for so broad a question. I personally feel however that it depends on the individual. If you're asking for how I feel about you and LML, yes I do feel there is some scumminess there. There is a level of agression that is indeed scummy. I think that level is different depending on the person and you've got to feel out the person before you make a judgement call.
Wrong. Aggressiveness is not scummy. Not inherently. Aggressiveness is a good way of producing reactions.

if you can tell me why you disagree in a logical way it would be nice.
White wrote:Well IH, first off this dismisses completely the possibility of both IC's being scum. It's entirely possible even though not probable. Do you deny that both IC's can be scum? I think I read someone there's a 30-ish percent chance of it being just that. But again, dont' take my word because my memory is very selective.
I did not say that, and was not dismissing it, but I found it interesting. It was something of note for later.
White wrote:In the above 5 lines of your post I found it very difficult to find this point that you mention. Please restate it for me and i'll be glad to refute.
Top of page 2, better than a random vote comment, bottom of the post.
White wrote:Well, I think he believes atleast some of what he's saying because not only is he acting on it but he is also seemingly indignant when confronted which suggests a deep seated belief in what he's saying. But remember, i'm not him so I don't know for sure, these are only my thoughts on the matter.
But clearly it is irriational indignation. Look at it, it even looked like you had a "wtf" attitude at one point. That is the point of that type of play.
Similar playstyles are Cogito Ergo Sum and The fritzler.
White wrote:I can see where you would feel this way because you only read the part of me saying he practically called me mafia. However if you looked alittle harder you would have seen me mention crap in the same sentence. I simply stated it as crap because didn't want to go into a post by post analysis of this crap.
Ok then. Why do you think he's scum if it's not because he's attacking you?
White wrote:I am sorry you feel that way. I did not suggest he played wrong, I suggested simply that anyone can learn anything at all from anywhere. That's not rude but rather informative for those that have forgotten. For you to point out that you feel this is pointless is strange to me though, if you just felt it was so pointless why did you feel the need to comment on it? Why not just ignore it as White's longwinded fluff?
If you don't understand what he's doing, then it's going to be hard for him to learn something from you.
White wrote:Where can I find this mafia wiki?

Well, I guess I don't understand. If you discredit someone, then the town won't take them seriously and if they're mafia they are powerless...isn't that the goal? I know that it's really effective. What's wrong with refuting their arguments and discrediting them as a whole?
Mafia wiki link is in the top of the page, around the log in thing. Click the word wiki.
Also, no not at all. When you discredit someone, and not refute their argument you are Attacking the person
It's only effective in you looking scummy, as that is considered a very scummy play here. It means you have no answer to their argument, so you're only going to discredit them as a whole. Town would be foolish to listen as such.

Now, if I misunderstand you, and you mean discredit his arguments instead of just generally discrediting him, then that is correct, but you should not just undermine his argument. You need to respond to it head on.

This gives the town the most information. It helps the town get a better read of you, and clearly this will only incite more discussion.
For some reason I feel like i've gone off on a tangent.
White wrote:Technically you are inhibited by work but I was just wanting to know the particular circumstances of my fellow players. You gave a perfectly valid reason and i'm happy. I wasn't trying to criticize you at all and i'm sorry for helping you to think that.

IH, overall your post strikes me as very confrontational and quite anti-White. You said yourself to refute the arguments but then you make a post that has an unkind overtone to it.

I'd also like to know why you are voting for me because you have yet to tell me and i'd like to know so I can get to refuting.
= | I don't understand how I come off unkind. Clearly you've not been in a heated argument on this site. (If I'm being unking I'll call you a moron, or something)

Yes, it's a general rule of thumb that most players will post once a day. Hopefully they will post more, but players like me can only post after a certain period of time.

Confrontation is the most direct and best way I find as town. If someone is going to attack me, and bring anything into question, I am more than likely the one to either have you try to bring it more into light (so I actually know why you're voting me, and your motives behind it, so I can therefore respond to your arguments).

Also you don't get to say "you have yet to tell me" when your question is in the same post :Teach:

Mafia is a game of reactions and analyzing. Producing reactions are generally helpful. I find the most helpful reactions come from asking tougher questions.

I think before you continue your line of thought that anything strange=scum, as it appears you are doing, what is the win condition of scum? The win condition of scum is to be the majority, or to stay hidden. Now this is extremely WIFOM, so don't even use it in this game, use it for future reference, but why would scum draw attention to themselves? They win by staying hidden and out of sight.

So, some of the biggest things you need to look for when hunting for scum (When not based on pure gut) someone following another, someone just going along with general town consensus, someone who do not take a stance (maybe he's scum, maybe he's not)

I'm unsure if I was clear in that post or not, so please alert me if something is unclear.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:35 am

Post by IH »

wouldn't have. I'll respond to the rest later but my batter is dying.
Reading ftw.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by IH »

Snix wrote:Because there is no reason for it really, if someone asks you about it then yes but otherwise you don't have to. And I really could care less if in each game you've ever played you posted the entire wiki in the game, I still wouldn't trust you because that was that and this is this game. Different games, different roles maybe.
No. Every newbie game for the past... well very many games. Scum and Town.
First of all, it's a null tell at most.
Second of all, it's my
Job and duty
to teach in this game.
THird of all, it's funner when people know what they're doing.
Snix wrote:Yes, like torturing people. It gets them to talk, and mildly violates them. And maybe it's good for the greater good of say the 'town' but not for the person being grilled. Maybe your attacks would seem more founded if you gave real reasons, i think the only one you gave that didn't stem off of your own attacks was the fact that instead of voting for Peter he just threatened him, i guess. Which yes seems evil, but he was going off the fact that if he were wrong and some newb Maifa speed lynched we'd be in a pickle. (mmm pickle)
So you disagree? Also, if some new mafia had speed lynched, we would not be in a pickle. We'd have one dead scum, because speedlynching is a 0 tolerance policy. You lynch the people who speedlynch/hammer, so therefore scum will not do it.
Snix wrote:And you didn't answer that either..
Reading ftw. I already directed you towards the post.
Chromag wrote:Maybe I'm missing your point IH... so apologies if I'm misunderstanding the direction you're going.

My vote on LML was a purely random, first page vote. I held onto the vote with LML due to a later comment he made... but it was more of a pressure vote. Nothing substantiated.
Excuse me, I seem to have confused you for someone else. I thought you had voted LML for wanting someone at lynch minus 1, and then unvoted and FoSed white.

Clearly I was wrong.
White wrote:Well, i've seen both sides, I've seen the Mafia be very agressive and confrontational. To say if you're agressive you're not mafia seems, wrong to me. Perhaps I misunderstand, do you mean to say that if you're agressive, you're not mafia?
No, you're misunderstanding.

Being agressive is a "null tell", or a tell that doesn't indicate anything. Town are agressive. Scum are agressive. So attacking LML for being Agressive is a bad case.
White wrote:It certainly looked like a dismissal to me. If nothing more it was atleast an attempt to discredit the possibility of both IC's being scum.
White it means nothing unless the IC's become confirmed. That is the point for which it should be noted.
White wrote:I dealt with this already in post 40. Do you have any new stuff? You also said it was worthy of slightly more than a random vote. Do you still think this or no or what?
For the moment. I haven't seen anything overly scummy at the moment myself.
White wrote:Ok, first off i'm not tooooo sure I understand this so correct me if i'm wrong. Are you saying his indignation is irrational? Because it's not, he feels his arguments are flawless and when someone confronts them he takes it as a personal affront to his ability to think logically. It did make me think "wth" because it's very loud and bombastic (imo) and can be quote overwhelming to try and deal with. I have no idea who Cognito Ergo Sum and The fritzler are.....
Ok.

1.If LML really thinks that he's a worse mafia player than I thought, but I seriously doubt he thinks his arguments are flawless on page 2. This is a personal judgement that you have assessed of him.

2.CES and Fritzler are players known for being extremely agressive. By extremely agressive I mean, they will generally join the largest wagon, and then tell everyone to vote said person.
White wrote:-017- Makes a nonrandom vote half way through page 1. Seems absurd as though he knows first off who is scum and who isn't and isn't afraid to lynch those he knows aren't scum. He also makes a plea for authority with his reasoning but doesn't explain which I think he should have done if he were trying to help the town because then the town can agree but the town consists mainly of newbs who don't know the lingo.
How is a nonrandom vote on page 1 scummy (other than supposed to much info)? There are plenty of people who will try to just get the game started by sparking something.

Your second sentence confuses me... do you mean he made an appeal to authority, and he shouldn't have done that? He should have explained.... something if he wanted to help the town, because the town doesn't know what they're agreeing too?

What is that something?
White wrote:-028- He first off insults my intelligence and prides himself. When in reality everyone should be cautious of everyone at all times, not just in select situations. That and we should also be more cautious of people that know what they're doing such as a self proclaimed "Smooth Operator". He says I don't want the town to believe what he says but that's because of my flawed playstyle which i'm trying to correct. But again is a "i'm a fellow townie and i'm going to find you out" statement. Finally with his 4th line be makes a 3rd "i'm a townie" statement. Seems very overdone to me.
Pretty much the cautiousness statement was a joke I believe. It was closer to bragging.

"If you're scum you need to be cautious of me, cause I'm gonna catch you"
He also said, in a roundabout way, that you're just refusing to listen to him.
White wrote:-032- Insults me as a person rather than refutes my argument. Not trying to find scum but rather attacking me as a person, you accuse me of looking scummy when I do it, I think he looks scummy when he does it. Then says he's got many reasons to vote me but doesn't list more than one which happens to be an attack on me as a person rather than my arguments. So imo, he lies.
Errr, I don't see how he insulted you as a person in this post. I don't understand.
He voted you for voting as an OMgus vote, he also said there were a bunch of reasons to vote for you, which he had documented in that post. I don't see how he's voted you for being cautious, as you claimed....
White I think you're blowing things out of proportion in your head, or else you just don't understand how to read this type of post.
White wrote:Just because I don't understand him that well doesn't mean he doesn't understand me (which it seems he thinks he does). He can learn plenty from other people and to say otherwise is just BS.
Not in the context you mean. You mean that he can learn something like "cautiousness" (which isn't that great of a trait. It's scummy. Being cautious is being indecisive, which lets you play both sides of the fence, and defensive, which indicates you have something to hide)
But if you misunderstand him, then you're not going to teach him anything like you think you are. He could hypothetically learn something, but I'm unsure if he will from posts like these. (no offense)
White wrote:No, i'm talking discredit him as a person and refute his arguments.
You do not discredit someone as a person ever. That is a logical fallacy (as I stated)
White wrote:No no no, that would be openly unkind. I said it had an unkind overtone which means there isn't any exact evidence that can be pointed out and said, "Look HERE and you can see that he called me an moron, therefore he was unkind". But rather that the whole post overall came off with an (intended or not) zing at me. But I think i'll let this one drop as i've been known to be hypersensitive to this sort of thing. Besides, it's not something anyone can use as evidence to one side or the other.
Yeah I think you just have a horrible sense of tone, or are over offensive.
LML wrote:IH, I have noticed one other thing, why are you defending LML? I think he's a very capable person of defending himself, he may even enjoy it.
Because if you continue to look at the game kind of like you have, I fear you will take things out of context. Sometimes you have to look for subtle things in the posts, but you just seem to look at the overtones, and then make conclusions from that.
You don't have to answer any of this White, btw, other than what that "something" was.
We need an LML post I think, before I respond to anything else I see.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:25 am

Post by IH »

White wrote:There's no way to confirm fully unless that person dies. Isn't this a game of speculation?
Which is why it was noted for later.
Mafia is closer to a game of gauging reactions then speculation.
White wrote:Then i'm going to politely ask you to change your vote to a FoS. I believe i've got 2 Massive FoS's and 2 votes and the other person is absent from the thread.

I believe I'm going to decline, because 2 votes is not dangerous, and I see no other better candidate at the moment.
White wrote:Actually you said why you shouldn't do it singularily. I actually remember asking why you can't discredit the person AND refute their arguments at the same time but you never replied. I would still like to know.

Because discrediting someone as a person has nothing to do with alignment, you're just trying to make the town not believe them. Protown players should not want that. They should want the truth out, and the falsities revealed, not a truth they don't like hidden.
So it still falls under the attack the person fallacy.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by IH »

Snix wrote:It may be fun for you to know what's going on but I think it's more fun to figure it out on your own.
Worst. Reasoning. Ever.

I mean if you don't want any tips and just kind of want to generally ignore experience, and the attempt to make you a slightly better player, then you can ignore me, and hurt your team either way.

But whatev.
Snix wrote:No, I agree 100% with aggressiveness, as long as there is some foundation to it.
Even if foundationless can produce some gigantic results?

I'm unsure if I agree with the hypocritical scumtell in this sense myself LML. Normally I would agree with you, but this looks more to be the case of a newbie over reacting myself.
LML wrote:There's a massive difference between the way I play and the way CES and Fritzler plays. I incorporate logic into my play
Yeah, but they're the best examples of "Agressive" play.

Post 77 by White is an OMGUS vote.
I'm unsure if it indicates scum or town.

I think I'm going to
unvote, vote:Snix
At the moment, because I'm unsure where he's going with saying that I'm helping to much. I feel it's more scum trying to make something useful get downplayed, but perhaps I'm being vain.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:44 pm

Post by IH »

Yes, but I don't understand why you think being too helpful is scummy. Clearly voting for me means one thing. You think it's scummy, and that I should stop.

I'm also unsure what you mean by letting people figure it out. I would very much prefer this be a fun game and one that I win. So playing with players who know what they are doing is much more fun than playing with someone who knows nothing.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:26 pm

Post by IH »

Hmm Apparently I didn't post what I thought I did.

LML, do you think that perhaps this is just an oversensitive newbie? I've been seeing them all over the place, and what Thok seems to be calling "the Raging Rabbit syndrome".

It mostly stems from day 1 of Board games mafia.

In other words, these look like candid reactions of what is really going through his head, not a calculated move as a way to get someone lynched.

That is one reason why I moved my vote to Snix.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 pm

Post by IH »

Well at one time I would agree that appeal to emotion is a scumtell, but the last few times I've seen it used were by town players....

I would say for newbies they are null tells. The personal vendetta bit would point towards town most. At the moment I would say White was townier than most.

Now experienced players using appeal to emotion I would be more wary of. Newbies not so much.

In other words Logical Fallacy=/=Scumtell automatically.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:44 am

Post by IH »

Well obviously I can't give you everything. Thats what the game of Mafia is about, unknowns.

If I'm town, it's impossible because all I have to go off on is my alignemnt.

If I'm scum, I don't WANT you to figure it all out.

What I'm trying to do is show you the way to figure it out. :wink:
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:22 am

Post by IH »

Peter wrote:This has alerted my sensibilities.

IH, surely you can realize how playing the role of "useful adviser" is a great scum cover.

I appreciate your involvement in this game, and I appreciate the knowledge you have shared. However, don't assume that because you are talking game theory it exempts you from suspicion.
Good, glad I have alerted you. I know I'm not exempt from suspicion, BUT using "Hey he's helpful, he could be scum!" is wifom. Of course it doesn't clear me.

"Hey he could be scum trying to look helpful!"
"Hey he could be town, trying to be helpful!"

Which is why that argument is very bad.

If you don't think it is a null tell, feel free to go over my other newbie games where I have done this regardless of alignment ^_^
White wrote:I disagree. I said I was voting for him because he hasn't dealt with any of the points I brought up against him and thereby draws my suspicion.
Yes I know, but I think your main motivation is that he's attacking you. While I have in fact shown you that these points are moot, you did not vote him until LML posted again confirming his suspicion against you.
Snix wrote:He did, in a sense, by unvoting. He's also, if I interpret what he said correctly, stated that his attacks were foundationless; or at least that the foundation was for knowledge and answers of his own. So I did get answers, in one form or another.
No, untrue. My vote was not a reaction vote, I moved my voted because White's action's look townie-er to me.

The fact that you unvoted me when I unvoted white makes me slightly more suspicious of you, and when I called you out, you seemed to backpedal more than to reaffirm anything.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:44 am

Post by IH »

No I know what he was saying, but I was actually talking about Snitch's arguments.

Also I had already covered the things about LML I think, as I was unsure you would listen to him anyways.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:39 am

Post by IH »

Snix you lost your ability to read.
IH wrote:
Peter wrote:I really don't like how you came off as joking with your racist comment, than when I joked back you attacked me for acting weird and making strange deductions. Your whole "I'd vote on you, but... that's putting somone at -2, and that is bad even though IH just said it isn't..." rubbed me the wrong way.

If you sincerely feel my behavior has been scummy I would encourage you to vote. If you are town, you shouldn't worry about posturing. The only tool you have to find scum is your vote, use it to the fullest. I find your hesitance confusing.
I would find the first comment enough for slightly better than a random vote

unvote, vote:White

the second part I would say would just suggest he is not reading (or just not reading long posts)
Post 26. I had no other better place to move my vote until you, and I moved my vote from white for aforementioned reasons.

= )
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:36 am

Post by IH »

Ok Peter. Please tell me how it's not equally likely I am town as I am scum for being an advisor.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by IH »

Peter wrote:If my only posts were discussing the merits of delicious cheeseburgers would you find that suspicious?

Discussing game theory is a great way to appear involved in the game while avoiding discussing relevant information specific to the game.

I don't play this game looking for "scum tells." Every bit of information gathered from a player is a thread that builds the tapestry of his character. When playing in this way there are no "null tells" because each bit of information works in conjunction to the next. In this fashion I assemble an opinion regarding each player.

Because of my playstyle your "null tell" comment keeps rubbing me raw. All information is useful, yet you keep telling me that it isn't.
Untrue. It is just simply untrue that every peice of information tells the alignment of a player. Like my newbie intro post. I make a carbon copy of that post in every newbie game. Therefore it indicates NOTHING of alignment.

Also you cannot say I have just been discussing game theory, going over my posts. I have determined that white is closer to being town. Also most of my posts have applied the game theory, not just discussed it I believe.

There is such a thing as a null tell my friend that indicates nothing.

For your statement to be correct we'd have to take EVERY comment, EVERY piece of information as a factor towards someone's alignment. While this sounds nice, it is unrealistic. It's like newbies following someone. It is just as likely to be done from newbie town as newbie scum.

Also you get into some extreme wifom situations playing like that.

I think
slight FoS:Peter

White wrote:For the rest of you, Apergers is a mental condition that makes it hard for the owner of the mind to see things other than black and white, all or nothing. I have it and it also means we fight for what we believe in very hard and tend to be very logical.
I'm unsure about being very logical, as you can have an extremely skewed version of something if there are no shades of grey.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by IH »

I'm unsure about LML's proposal myself. I think at first LML was treading normally, and White took it heavily, but now you both seem like you're walking on eggshells after your "truce".

I think all I have deduced is that your not scumbuddies together.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by IH »

Hey guys. THis conversation is not helpful. = |
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by IH »

White wrote:Oh, well there're 2 scum and 5 protown so there's a 2/7 chance (28.57%) i'm scum. Even as basic as that is I may have screwed it up so take it or leave it.

Also, Meme didn't cast anyone specifically, it was all random I believe.
Gambler's fallacy. You could apply that every player equally. Faulty argument for everyone.

I would actually be fine with a CLA lynch. I doubt that unless CLA asks for it, he;s going to be replaced because he's posting and picking up prods and then posting. He's here, just lurking.

AKA actively lurking. The scummy lurking.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by IH »

Someone was using it though I thought
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:09 am

Post by IH »

Slight FoS:Peter

Probably going to reread. Apologies for not being here. I had already given my opinion of CLA I believe. I personally had no read on him, as a lurker who won't post isn't necessarily town or scum.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:47 pm

Post by IH »

bleeeeeh.

No. Voting. In. Lylo. = |

Also I had no read on LML at all. Pretty much the only thing I was sure of at the end was that White was town, and I didn't get a chance to reread. Good game scum.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:15 am

Post by IH »

btw, lynching lurkers is stupid.

= | I didn't get a chance to say that before he was lynched.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”