Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Thesp wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:He's following up on your accusation of him being wishy-washy about PJ's alignment by doing an analysis whereupon he can then conclude his official position, duh.
Your condescension is unbecoming.
Actually, I think it was rather fitting, considering this post:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I agree that the one sentence you pointed out of the entire post is him not taking a decisive stance, but I don't have a problem with it, because it seems to me that the end of his post implies that he will be doing some sort of reread/analysis in the near future, upon which he will update us on his overall position. Of course, should he not do this...*shrug* I'd be forced to agree with you for once :P.
Considering that you were getting on *MY* case about the fact that you disagreed with *MY* post that Cavane's post felt protown, and that you were arguing with *ME* for quite some time, I would've thought that it was obvious "why all the attention on PJ". I assumed that since you were trying to argue that what I'd said is wrong (and I believe scummy to boot), you would've actually read my response posts. So, I think the condescension was deserving at the least.
Permanent V/LA.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:52 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

[quote="Yosarian2"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
Seriously though, if you the only thing you could say about PJ's analysis is "I agree with most of it", you're doing your job just as bad as Cavane's "not taking a stance" post.[/quote]

But that's not the only thing I said about PJ's analysis.[/quote]You only eleborated a
little
after PJ
asked
you too. That's quite the same.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Thesp »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:He's following up on your accusation of him being wishy-washy about PJ's alignment by doing an analysis whereupon he can then conclude his official position, duh.
Your condescension is unbecoming.
Actually, I think it was rather fitting, considering this post:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I agree that the one sentence you pointed out of the entire post is him not taking a decisive stance, but I don't have a problem with it, because it seems to me that the end of his post implies that he will be doing some sort of reread/analysis in the near future, upon which he will update us on his overall position. Of course, should he not do this...*shrug* I'd be forced to agree with you for once :P.
Considering that you were getting on *MY* case about the fact that you disagreed with *MY* post that Cavane's post felt protown, and that you were arguing with *ME* for quite some time, I would've thought that it was obvious "why all the attention on PJ". I assumed that since you were trying to argue that what I'd said is wrong (and I believe scummy to boot), you would've actually read my response posts. So, I think the condescension was deserving at the least.
No. The post was aimed at Cavane for specific reasons which may have been ruined by now. It's
not
obvious why all the attention on PJ, and I'm less likely to get the helpful reaction I was aiming for because of your insulting interference.

Please stop with the insults. It's seriously making the game not fun. I will do my best not to antagonize you as well.

(And there's an argument to be made on how condescension is
never
"deserving", and how it's...

I'm going to stop now.)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:08 pm

sorry.
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Thok »

The Official "7 pages until you catch Lights Out 2" Vote Count

Deadline: 3 PDT, Wednesday, August 29

King Yosarian2 (1):

Cavane (2):
Fritzler (3): Toaster Strudel
KaleiÐoscøpe (0): Fritzler, Mnowax, Yosarian2, petroleumjelly
Lowell (0):
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (2):
petroleumjelly (1): mnowax2, ThAdmiral, Fritzler, Cavane
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (1):
Thesp (0): Cavane, Mastermind of Sin
Toaster Strudel (1): Fritzler
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:52 am

Thesp, when you have determined that the time has passed where either the helpful reaction has come or you believe it's never going to happen, I would appreciate it if you elaborated on WHY you believed the attention on PJ was not obvious and what sort of reaction you were fishing for.
Permanent V/LA.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:05 am

Post by Thesp »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Thesp, when you have determined that the time has passed where either the helpful reaction has come or you believe it's never going to happen, I would appreciate it if you elaborated on WHY you believed the attention on PJ was not obvious and what sort of reaction you were fishing for.
Sure. I need Cavane's response, first.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]You only eleborated a
little
after PJ
asked
you too. That's quite the same.[/quote]

So...how does that make me scum with PJ? Connect the dots for me here.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Fritzler »

[quote="Yosarian2"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]You only eleborated a
little
after PJ
asked

So...how does that make me scum with PJ? Connect the dots for me here.[/quote]he's been poppin X

/explanation
Surfs up dude.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by RafK »

Fascinating as it is to keep bashing our heads on the wall of "Yos and PJ are evil scumz0rz together", I have a feeling Yos isn't going to execute himself or his most favourite scum buddy, which makes this continued line of argument a bit pointless for the remainder of the day.

As such, I would like Yos to front up his suspect/s and give us something to chew over here.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:59 pm

Post by Cavane »

Thesp wrote:Sure. I need Cavane's response, first.
Sorry, I thought you said earlier that the question had been invalidated.

At any rate, in the post that offended everybody, I thought I was pretty clear that I was planning on looking closer at PJ. At the time, I wasn't sure whether I was going to do an entire re-read of him, or just look his stuff from the past couple days. (Game days.) The complaints against my (admittedly vague) post kinda led me to go the whole hog on my review.

But to answer your question, why all the attention on PJ? Because I think his kingship yesterday earned him some scrutiny, which I hadn't been paying him, as I had him pegged town. I'm not ignoring the rest of the game, I just haven't had much to add so far today.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:45 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

[quote="Yosarian2"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]You only eleborated a
little
after PJ
asked

So...how does that make me scum with PJ? Connect the dots for me here.[/quote]Oh, it doesn't necessarilly make you scum together, but from my point of view, it is likely. I'm not planning to convince you of a scumpair of yourself and PJ, because that's a waste of time. I do think, however, that other people should be aware of your and PJ's scumplay so far. I don't think I need to repeat myself on why I think you and PJ are scummy right? I can tell you thought, that If I'm becoming king, one of you is going down, most likely you.

With that being said, when are you planning to actually do your job as king? IIRC, you said this was going to be a short day, but I've yet to hear any direct suspicions on your LoE. Yes, you've been busy defending yourself against me, but as town, you should be busy to hunt down the assassins, but the last part certainly lacks in your play so far. Not that I expected different from a scumking...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:23 am

Kscope, you don't have to convince Yos that he's PJ's scumbuddy, but you DO need to convince the rest of us, so posting your case that links the two of them would still be beneficial to the town.
Permanent V/LA.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:43 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Yos asked for eleboration, so I gave it to him. I don't think further eleboration is useful now, since the current king won't listen to it anyway.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Will have no internet access for 2 weeks beginning Thursday.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:54 am

And what if you die tonight, Kscope? Do you not feel that Yos2 is scum strongly enough to tell us why, on the offchance that you turn up dead? Your death would not condemn Yos2, because if you didn't give us any reasoning, scum could kill you to set him up. I'd rather you explain yourself now, than give scum a chance to fuck us over.
Permanent V/LA.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by RafK »

MoS, if the scum were into that kind of tactic, they could have killed me on any number of occasions.

I'm more worried of the possibility of a scum KScope talking up his anti-Yosness to become king when Yos executes a townie than a town KScope being "silenced" before he can make his case on Yos tbh.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:27 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

*rubs temples*

RafK, you're post is assuming that:

1.) Yos2 will execute a townie; and
2.) That the Kingmaker shares K-Scope's sentiments, which is rather unlikely seeing as... y'know... both myself and Yossy have been made Kings the last two days in a row. :roll: You need to think about statements like that before you make them - your "fear" seems entirely unfounded and unlikely.

I am primarily waiting on Cavane to finish his analysis on me.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:55 pm

RafK wrote:MoS, if the scum were into that kind of tactic, they could have killed me on any number of occasions.

I'm more worried of the possibility of a scum KScope talking up his anti-Yosness to become king when Yos executes a townie than a town KScope being "silenced" before he can make his case on Yos tbh.
The difference is that you generally explain yourself. KScope is refusing to explain himself on the grounds that it won't convince the current king, but the king isn't the only one that matters.
Permanent V/LA.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:And what if you die tonight, Kscope? Do you not feel that Yos2 is scum strongly enough to tell us why, on the offchance that you turn up dead? Your death would not condemn Yos2, because if you didn't give us any reasoning, scum could kill you to set him up. I'd rather you explain yourself now, than give scum a chance to fuck us over.
I've made an analysis of PJ and Yos2 in where I think they are scummy. In my future posts, I've further eleborated on this. So no, there's no rush.

And to be honest, I don't think I would die the upcoming night, since there are about 2 people the majority of the people think they are town. I'm not going to name those, as I would be suggesting the assassins then, but I honestly don't think i would get murdered.
RafK wrote:I'm more worried of the possibility of a scum KScope talking up his anti-Yosness to become king when Yos executes a townie than a town KScope being "silenced" before he can make his case on Yos tbh.
On that note: what do you think of Yos2?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:KScope is refusing to explain himself on the grounds that it won't convince the current king, but the king isn't the only one that matters.
I'm not refusing, I simply have other priority's. I'm not going to waste an hour of my time when it has no use yet. There's plenty of time tomorrow to do so.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:46 pm

Post by Cavane »

petroleumjelly wrote:I am primarily waiting on Cavane to finish his analysis on me.
I'm very sorry it's taking me so long. I had to work late tonight, but I promise promise promise I'll have it done tomorrow night.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Add to list of execution:
Fritzer
Toaster Strudel
ThAdmiral
mnowax2
Cavane

Not going to put PJ on there now, because while I wasn't happy with his kingship yesterday, I had a pro-town read on him before that, and his posts today just feel really town-PJ to me.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by RafK »

petroleumjelly wrote:*rubs temples*

RafK, you're post is assuming that:

1.) Yos2 will execute a townie;
I suppose it's possible he'll bus someone- I'd strongly consider it in his situation, actually.
PJ wrote: 2.) That the Kingmaker shares K-Scope's sentiments, which is rather unlikely seeing as... y'know... both myself and Yossy have been made Kings the last two days in a row.
Well, for one: if Yos executes another townie perhaps our kingmaker will wake the hell up.

For two: I would have made you king yesterday myself, or at least had you as a choice. I expected either you or me to wake up as king that morning.

For three: thanks for confirming for me even more that you consider yourself and Yos to be together.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by RafK »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Fritzer
Toaster Strudel
ThAdmiral
mnowax2
Cavane
Or to put it another way:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Almost half the remaining players in the game
Or to put it another way again:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Hedging my bets something massive here.
I'm not sure that a list that long will help focus discussion at all. Who're you actually looking at to execute, Yos?
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:00 am

Post by Cavane »

Day 3 he's immediately back on SV's case. Good sign, I would tend to expect bussing scum to wait and see if heat had died down. Plus townie.

Not seeing anything stand out over the next several posts. He's making some good points against Townz and SV, and I agree with his logic.

He attacks my predecessor for lurking. Normally, I would consider it a no tell, but the time between his prior and next posts (5 days and 2, respectively) makes me wonder. Add to that the fact that he does nothing else with that post, and I consider it slightly scummy. I'm used to seeing much more out of PJ.

More pressure on SV, yadda yadda.

Posts are getting shorter and farther between. Not ready to call it a tell at this point, but am noting it for possible use later.

Really pushing hard on SV as D3 winds to a close. Good stuff.

Quite a few pages go by with nothing of note from PJ. Finally, I got to a series of re-reads he did on people. He basically mirrors my thoughts on MoS: Don't agree with his playstyle, but town. Although, his playstyle doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bug PJ.

The second one is on VR. He had stated some slight suspicion on VR earlier, based on predecessors. IIRC, PJ and VR are due to have quite a face-off in the near future. But here, his complaints against VR are mostly lack of reasoning for his thoughts. I think he's quoting conveniently here to help make his case, as I don't recall having the same impressions.

Still going after SV. I'm really doubting a bus at this point. PJ's been very consistent with his suspicions, even when they were unpopular.

And I'm up to the point where I replaced in. I don't see much point in finishing out. As I said, I had PJ pegged pretty firmly as town. The result of my review does not change that. I found a few scummy-ish things, but they were heavily outweighed by townie points.

So, bottom line: PJ's town.

My head hurts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”