Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

In post 446, radmann9 wrote:
In post 440, Cheetory6 wrote:
radmann wrote:Tunnel, you wondered why I changed my opinion/vote? This. While I appreciate Beer trying to clear my name after sullying it, this whole post reads trying to find an ally when there's no reason to. Literally the line that he felt was 'genuine' was 'Or pick my brain.' How does that reveal anything? It's scum trying to find allies. The more I read into it, I think it's just the hydra mate goofing around. Now the more sensible part is here to calm the waters. Beer is scum and him being lynched would reveal much.
Can you walk through this post a little more clearly? You think Beer was just screwing around earlygame and now they're trying to walk it back because people are finding it scummy? Is that the general idea?

Talk at me about what information you thought would be revealed by a Beerflip when you first voted for them.

Something about quoting a relatively unimportant line and saying that validated me seemed out of place. I thought from the beginning that Beer was either a bastard role with the purpose of getting themselves intentionally lynched. Then the other part showed up and just seemed very much like a Jeckyll and Hyde type of monster that someone mentioned. One head ridiculously over the top, the other head calm.

It seems like the first head was screwing around only for the other head to come in and clear everything up just read scum.

Nearly everyone has commented on Beer thus far. So, with another read through, could reveal a lot about everyone. Whether they voted for beer, disregarded him entirely, or voted him innocent all along.

Also I can reveal my role if that would help alleviate the scumreads like Mr. Mayor over there.

This post by Radmann really rubs me the wrong reads. Why would Radmann want to "alleviate the scumreads", and why is he focused on that? His push on Beer seems to be more of the type "for information" which is not what we should be pushing for IMO. Meanwhile, he's arguing that Beer was town trying to get himself lynched. I don't think so.

What are your thoughts on him?

~Titus
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

In post 873, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:I think FS is prob town. He seems genuine in his wording. plus his push atleast to me seem more like town who think they have found scum than scum trying to mislynch . I don't know Far that good and don't know his meta but from a player pov he seems town

Grapes overall defensiveness makes me concern as if he trying to hide something. At first push on him he seemed to be overly defensive without reason. It was not like I was really pushing on him that hard. I still leaning slightly scum on him
Can anyone really say that grapes has not been overly defensive

I have no idea what to make of RR. They made a few good points about Grapes and Vezo roles and needing info. Than again the push is going no where and its not like either one is a must lynch at this point, I am really on the fence about RR. I could go either way on RR right now.

So are you basically waffling on RR because you think their push has no legs? That's what it reads like to me. Like, yeah they're town but I hate the push... :igmeou:

~Titus
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 874, Fluminator wrote:
In post 846, Fluminator wrote:
Marq, what would you say if I said I now know how to read you, and how nervous are you now?

MARQ, DON'T IGNORE ME YOU NINNY.

:*(
link in bio
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

RR
what about Far in general that makes you think he is trying to mislynch you as scum as oppose to him just misreading you or misreading the situation. What makes you think he is not being genuine

TW
I not sure they are town and never implied that. I am not sure where you got that. Yes I am waffling on RR bc I do not have a good read on them.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 877, Marquis wrote:
In post 874, Fluminator wrote:
In post 846, Fluminator wrote:
Marq, what would you say if I said I now know how to read you, and how nervous are you now?

MARQ, DON'T IGNORE ME YOU NINNY.

:*(

Don't be sad. I only call people I like ninny's.
But what would you say?
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Okay I meant the push on Vezo and grapes.... mean that there no need to push the matter of Vezo?grapes role since there is pressure momentum to lynch either Grapes or Vezo and the whoe matter can be pushed to another day, To be clear I am concern and trying to understand why RR is pushing so hard on the matter when it can be put aside for another day.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Bins you are in the US and you are eating nasty McDonalds food...... why?????????????????????????????
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 867, Trench Warfare wrote:
In post 865, farside22 wrote:
In post 863, Marquis wrote:RR and Farside are both town. idk exactly what's going on there but quit it.

trench (titus/tso in case i mixed them up) makes me incredibly wary. i want to see more tso. titus is currently leaning slightly scum for me.

frogika is townish. i hope ika calms down and goes back to his old style. right now if they're town it's a bit of dickery that gives scum an excuse to wisen their mislynch pool.

But mom!!

Grumble

Fwiw I know you can have good reads but his whole freekin chase is over claims.
I just see busy work to look active.

Farside, Drixx and Cerb both tend to be on my style of wavelength. They are looking at what is possible. By having the double voters vote and test the range of their abilities, it tells them about their alignment. Are they trying to hide certain abilities? Why are they doing that?

The whole thing is getting into people's heads starting from known facts. You work from an emotional place, so such things look like busy work to you. Scum tend to have a certain range of behavior, and town another. Which are the double voters displaying?

I see some of your emotional shit as "busywork" because I don't get it, so I'm giving you a wide berth because I always scumread you.

~Titus

You realize I have no vote and all I'm doing is voicing my oppinion.
I'm not even close to sure where the emotional is from is beyond me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Bins »

Spoiler: fluff USA
everyone is so mean to me here

I cheerfully said hi to the cashier AND HE DIDNT EVEN SAID WELCOME TO MCDONALDS HE JUST STARED AT ME

I'm scared
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by Sonic Boom »

In post 878, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:RR
what about Far in general that makes you think he is trying to mislynch you as scum as oppose to him just misreading you or misreading the situation. What makes you think he is not being genuine

TW
I not sure they are town and never implied that. I am not sure where you got that. Yes I am waffling on RR bc I do not have a good read on them.

Somehow, I don't think you're reading the same game as me.

You said they "made good points" which usually indicates town, but you're saying that it's not catching on, which is the closest thing to a reason to scumread RR there.

~Titus
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

In post 884, Sonic Boom wrote:
In post 878, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:RR

TW

Somehow, I don't think you're reading the same game as me.

You said they "made good points" which usually indicates town, but you're saying that it's not catching on, which is the closest thing to a reason to scumread RR there.

~Titus

Wrong hydra. Sorry.

Farside, you tend to operate more from a place of "gut" rather than a place of logic FMPOV. Drixx and Cerb tend to operate on that wavelength. You tend to look what makes you feel good about someone while Drixx, Cerb and I tend to look from a more objective place rather than subjective.

Neither theory is right or wrong, just different.

~Titus
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm going to reread rational to see if I'm going nuts.
I really don't think I'm nuts with my scum read on fuzzy.
Still say Chet is scum and God willing I will be alive day 2 to push that lynch hard.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

my paranioa of the vote thing was not justified after the newest vote count... hmmm... this game is stalling. I need to look at RR more critically now. Probably will get around to it tomorrow due to the lengthy nature of their posts.
after a wank.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Radmann

Fuzzy: Rational isn't really pushing for a lynch for either grapes or vezok. They were pushing grapes for being uncooperative, but they seem to have changed their mind on that.

And, my question wasn't answered directly, but it was answered. Anyways, upon a short RR iso, I think my Rational judgement was wrong. They're continuing to defend their actions because to them, those actions make sense. Also, I like how they were talking to Farside, I don't know if you can fake that concealed annoyance. Like, Rational is trying to be the good guy, but they're kind of fed up with the accusations.

I don't think I'd been reading Rational as well as I should, and maybe I'd been focusing too much on their grapes/vezok thing and less on what else they'd been doing.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

So I'm still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy back on page 8.
I should be catching up, but...well...

Just here to say, if you're following my blog, you'd know why I'm saying...hold, please.
Technical difficulties on my end = I'm not playing today. (Like, right now I'm doing something very, very sketchy and basically relying on Opera's
built-in blocker
because adblock and adblock plus are both not working. But I needed to say so on-site since nobody here actually READS my blog, soyeah.)

Like, I realize I really need to play in this game. Really, really need to get some content in, since my voice is all I've got.
But technical difficulties = delay. So I can't. (It's really annoying not knowing if you're being sabotaged by malware or anti-malware.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by NicCage »

Hi, I had a weird weekend. I'll catch up tomorrow, I promise.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by Skybird »

OK, I read through Rational’s ISO again trying to see what Vezok and Farside are seeing but I’m still seeing Rational as town. I won't vote them today.

I don’t like Raging Bull not wanting to read the game. They seem to be uninterested in the game and that reads scummy to me. (post 847) I'd be willing to vote him today.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:10 pm

I am hating RB right now..I dont know if the Apathy is coming from the Ika head or the other head. Ika seems very much scum and I would prob vote RB if it was just Ika but I sm getting town read from the other head. The hydra is still a mess and unreadable in my opinion.if it didnt fel like a pl lynch to me I would vote RB. I should say I was voting RB as a pl .......

I think Farside is misreading me but I still cant help but to think he is town. Right now there would be noway I would vote FS . I going out on a limb and say FS is town.

Grapes still feels overly defensive for no good reason ......
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Titus
Tbf my brain is very scattered and unfocused. Ie my thoughts are a little bit everywhere. If you read my posts you can see that ....I think thats why people are scum reading me ( at least partially) . I think that people is reading it as scum as just opposed to unfocus fuzzy.....fo be fair if I do get mislynched or nk it is bc of my goofy playing and. Not really on the peopke scum reading right now
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 891, Skybird wrote:OK, I read through Rational’s ISO again trying to see what Vezok and Farside are seeing but I’m still seeing Rational as town. I won't vote them today.

I don’t like Raging Bull not wanting to read the game. They seem to be uninterested in the game and that reads scummy to me. (post 847) I'd be willing to vote him today.

Good, save me time and explain the town read.
I'm not opposed to a rb wagon but it feels easy. Something tells me rad maybe scum but it's gut right now.
Ra9in9 Bull
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Ra9in9 Bull »

Spoiler: clean up out of hydra post
In post 851, Fro99er wrote:Apologies for lack of posting. I was on V/LA (but did focus on BEES when I could slip away for some computer time because that game was important to me). I'm on the road home from July 4 weekend at my in-laws and watching USA win the World Cup and being American as hell.

I'll check in tonight and for Varsoon I'll clean this up in hydra too. <3

Just got home from the in laws. Catching up now.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Huh, three people promising to catch up on one page.

But RL makes fools of us all so whatever. And there's not much that can be done about technical difficulties besides apologizing for em, anyhow.

Farside, you're opposed to a RB lynch because it's easy? Fuzzy is just as easy of a lynch, if not more so because they're posting actively. What makes RB easy and Fuzzy not?
Ra9in9 Bull
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Post by Ra9in9 Bull »

Spoiler: Max 1
In post 652, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 519, Marquis wrote:maxwell is still kind of hilarious.

i'm not sure where his experience level/mindset is with regards to what he expects scum to do vs. what scum realistically do. but. lol sorry i'm not trying to make a "lol ur a noob" comment because i hate those too but i'm kind of sick of all the incorrect assumptions regarding how/what scum play/are motivated to do, as well as the whole "marquis isn't drenching the game in useless excess questioning (because other people are already doing enough of that so it feels good to sit back and try and slowly sort through reads instead) so yeah he's probably scum"

well i mean

you're right in that my play could totally come from scum

but to be blunt it's more likely i'm town who doesn't really care about people scumreading me (other than this whole thing about being amused by maxwell - who ftr i would like to say i'm currently leaning town on, if it weren't for how i've been seeing scum these kinds of realistically bs pushes lately) than scum who realized i've been fluffing and didn't really do anything noteworthy for a while to address the scumreads
sorry i just have a bit more faith in my scumgame than that

Marquis you're just giggling at me, expecting me to just find a townread from you without supplying anything for me to work with besides admitting that you're fluffing, and admitting that you're making excuses, as if 'yeah i already know i haven't done anything so your comments mean nothing' somehow means you're town? If you know you're full of it, then do something. You keep saying 'wait, wait' but you've yet to find something in-thread to care about. I'm tired of the aloof better-than-you attitude. Not to mention the lack of questioning people who are actually townreading you for some reason.. I'm trying to understand what you're doing here. What aspects of your play am I supposed to be seeing as
not
scummy? Defend yourself instead of telling me to be psychic.

Max: You say Marquis is just giggling at you and providing anything to work with, yet you quote a post that is completely something to work with. You're latching on to the fluff posting, but underneath the fluff, I've seen substance (and pointed it out too).
Spoiler: Max 2
In post 660, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 654, Bins wrote:
In post 652, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Bins: Why do you think Ricastle is scumreading you?

No idea. I haven't done anything yet. I'm also not caught up yet because I spent too long playing Borderlands... sales make me lazy, yay. And seeing rage makes me nope out of things.

My only guess would be he thought it was weird/fake/empty/attention-draggy that I was asking who wanted to be allied w/ me when he thought I couldn't even be in an alliance. I would think that would be weird too. I'm surprised he's the only person that pointed that out.

But yeah, can ally, just can't be targeted because I'm special.

So you don't see your lack of game-related talks, besides those regarding your role, as something people would scumread you for?

Well, I ask this now but Ricastle has already said that was why they were scumreading you, but you don't seem to be worried about it. You've been active enough in this game (in a fluffy sense) but haven't really commented on what's been going on, and there has been plenty of discussion happening. What you need to catch up on is basically just the Ra9in9 Bull drama, but the things I'd actually like to hear about happened before that.

Max: why do you keep on fixating on "lack of game related talk" or "fluff". Usually scum are quite self aware about how they appear, so sometimes I see fluffposting as actually a towntell. It really depends on the person and situation. WHY would Beer fluffposting be scummy? Here's what I think. Either Beer really did scumslip in thread and the fluffposting is a way of making light of the situation. The other option is obviously they are fluffposting to get people like you to latch on to it to find them scummy. There are reasons town wouldn't want to totally appear as obvtown. In the case of Marquis, the early fluffposting is mostly null, if not even a bit towny, and now Marquis is applying his mind to the game (see the Skybird stuff, the amished tell stuff which came later, etc.)
Spoiler: Cheetory
In post 678, Cheetory6 wrote:Finished Sonic X ISOdive.
Hard to follow a linear progression through the whole thing, but I kind of expected that tbh. q.q
He talks about believing vezok's claims of Beer scumclaiming at the start, but then there's a lot more focus on trying to discredit Beer's arguments towards him vs discussing that afterwards which strikes me as weird. There's no followup to the discussion there.

I don't like Sonic asking Beer to provide empirical evidence as to whether overexplaining is a legitimate scumtell or not and then going on to say that Beer's arguments are all just him calling him bad at the game. That doesn't really seem to line up IMO.

I really hate the amount of effort he put into explaining his townlean on me.
I would literally be shocked if everything in #286 were thoughts that he'd had from reading me before. It feels a lot more like justification afterwards to try and satisfy me rather than just trying to explain the read.
@Sonic
, why did you put so much effort into explaining a townlean rather than just saying what you remembered about me being town or just saying that it was gut and calling it a day?
Also, why did you posture about lynching Ricastle before Beer when you were never even voting Ricastle?
Also also, why did you vote for Raging Bull? Talk about that.

The buddying on Bins is really really blatant and I have no idea what to make of it.

Sleeptimesnow.
BeerISODive will probably come Sunday if not tomorrow morning.

This is a really good post, but I did want to touch on the efforting part. Efforting often isn't alignment indicative. But, I can see a case for efforting on a townread being more indicative of scum than efforting on a scumread. I think it's a good idea to figure out why Sonic X was efforting on you.
Spoiler: Sonic X
In post 681, Sonic X wrote:
In post 678, Cheetory6 wrote:Finished Sonic X ISOdive.
Hard to follow a linear progression through the whole thing, but I kind of expected that tbh. q.q
He talks about believing vezok's claims of Beer scumclaiming at the start, but then there's a lot more focus on trying to discredit Beer's arguments towards him vs discussing that afterwards which strikes me as weird. There's no followup to the discussion there.

I don't like Sonic asking Beer to provide empirical evidence as to whether overexplaining is a legitimate scumtell or not and then going on to say that Beer's arguments are all just him calling him bad at the game. That doesn't really seem to line up IMO.

I really hate the amount of effort he put into explaining his townlean on me.
I would literally be shocked if everything in #286 were thoughts that he'd had from reading me before. It feels a lot more like justification afterwards to try and satisfy me rather than just trying to explain the read.
@Sonic
, why did you put so much effort into explaining a townlean rather than just saying what you remembered about me being town or just saying that it was gut and calling it a day?
Also, why did you posture about lynching Ricastle before Beer when you were never even voting Ricastle?
Also also, why did you vote for Raging Bull? Talk about that.

The buddying on Bins is really really blatant and I have no idea what to make of it.

Sleeptimesnow.
BeerISODive will probably come Sunday if not tomorrow morning.

if i justified my townread on you as "you look townie" more people would be bitching

cant please everyone

Why are you trying to please everyone? The Sonic I've known so far isn't worried about that.
Spoiler: Sonic X 2
In post 682, Sonic X wrote:ricastle did one very scummy thing (a more legit scumtell than cooldog's "oh you are directing night actions"), but most of his stuff otherwise would have been ok. i have a method for dealing with these kind of people

policy vote on raging bull

Ricastle is town. If you think ika only rages as town, why policy lynch our slot? Wouldn't a better thing to do be to ignore it or request we replace out and find scum instead?
Spoiler: Sonic X 3
In post 683, Sonic X wrote:
In post 678, Cheetory6 wrote:It feels a lot more like justification afterwards to try and satisfy me rather than just trying to explain the read.

yeah it is? weren't you looking for that? no?

you people are hard to please

Still trying to please people?
Spoiler: Sonic X 4
In post 684, Sonic X wrote:i am trying to scumhunting in here

give me space, thanks in advvance

Then scumhunt! Stop worrying about your appearance.
Spoiler: Skybird
In post 687, Skybird wrote:
In post 677, Ricastle wrote:Hey Skybird. Is there anyone you'd like to vote?

Right now the people I'm willing to vote for are Beer, Marquis, and Ra9in9Bull. These are the three scummiest to me.

VOTE: Marquis

His posting is mostly fluff and his push on me feels opportunistic.

How does it feel opportunistic? I usually use opportunistic to mean an opportunistic reason to hop on an already existing wagon. Do you mean Marquis' case is trumped up and BS? If so, how?
Spoiler: Marquis
In post 699, Marquis wrote:
In post 695, Cheetory6 wrote:The only thing I got out of a Beer ISOdive was that I dislike the way that Pawtucket threw Gordington under the bus for his play early on, but I'm not sure if I just think it's bullshit to treat a hydra partner like that in the open like that or if it feels like a scum gambit to try and ease the suspicion on their slot by being like "oh man look the good head is here to be not scummy now".

yeah this was my initial feeling, like a variation on the amished tell

thing is i've been trying to discern which alignment would be more likely to actually go through with it -

- and i'm aware this might not make sense to some but the lack of hydra partner respect/general ego thing makes me think it's a newer player (in the vein of vonflare/elusive/etc. with limited... skills in that social regard), who also likely wasn't aware of the amished tell being a thing, and thus would not be likely to hesitate with those comments as scum

i mean
pls tell me u see where i went with that

This could be jumping to assumptions (newer hydra, amished tell for replacing used for hydras), but it's also Marquis actually trying to actually figure out why one of Beer's heads is being apologetic for another.

I will catch up more tomorrow. It's late.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Ra9ing: I didn't find what Marquis had to say about Skybird particularly towny, but you're right in that after that post where they talked directly to me (the first post you quoted), they started to post more critical thoughts about the game. That post you quoted from Marquis is actually where I started to doubt my scumread.

As for Bins, that's different than Marquis. Not sure why you quote me talking to Bins and then proceed to talk about Beer, and then Marquis. Bins is a different player and their situation is different. They don't contribute to discussion beyond voting with no explanation. I know they said it's to provoke a response but that's not what I see them trying to do. They don't wait for a response before changing their vote (see Sonic to NicCage, and then NicCage to RR), so I fail to see the point in voting if you're not going to follow-up on it. I don't think they actually care how people are reacting to the votes.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 756, Ricastle wrote:What do you think about radmann?

Remember feeling some subtle townvibes and an iso there doesn't leave me shocked he's getting wagoned right now. There's certainly a lot of scummy things here. Like the blatant softing for one. I kinda feel like him attacking beer after beer going into a longwinded townread on him doesn't really scream scum, though. Like, that feels more like paranoid newbtown than anything, because as scum he has a bit more motivation to try and keep 'friends' in his pocket than push back and make them rethink their stance.

My big reservation is his disappearance, though, especially in light of a wagon forming on him. That's the most telling thing about his slot right now imo.

In post 758, Reasonably Rational wrote:What would be hypocritical of me would be to claim that I'm good enough at reading peoples play to determine your alignment based on play alone right now. That's why I'm not referencing your play itself as town or scum generally. I can attempt to ascribe town or scum motivations to the actions taken, and see if they make sense for a given alignment to take.

I'm sorry but I find it sorta tough to buy that after almost 1k posts and a week into the game a HYDRA(composing two players I'm assuming at least semi-competent at finding scum from your inflated egos here) has only one 'scumread' that you immediately backed off from and were only pushing because you wanted more role info.

Are you saying that both your heads have the exact same playstyle? No scumreads day 1 ever?

I see scum do the 'vote this person for info' or 'vote this person to get content out' all the time people. It's to look busy, and not
really
step on any toes.

And now I'm 'nullscum' at worst like it's some kind of conciliation prize or something. Newsflash, your read on me I couldn't care less man.

In post 758, Reasonably Rational wrote:If you were competent and had the intention of attempting some sort of fake hammer reaction test, as indicated in your post, you wouldn't have told everyone that one of your votes was fake.

Well, my idea was to 'hammer' once someone got to L-1 when I already had one vote on them. Which would be tough to do after proving that I can't have both votes on one wagon. Which is what you asked me to do so...

In post 769, Marquis wrote:no, i agree with the fuzzy commentary.

VOTE: fuzzy

meta wise this is completely unlike fuzzy's towngame. there at least i've seen him providing more thoughts on things - not just prompted, but seemingly out of place comments and hard pushes as well. this just looks like he's trying to look useful - and his scumgame isn't exactly the best lol

def a better bet than Sonic right now

I've seen fuzzies towngame once or twice and I just find it weird how he wasn't really interacting with anyone and kinda in his own little world his first couple posts. So I do sorta agree with this. And I'm not sure that him getting into it more now is a result of me saying something about it, which could be because apparently he isoed me multiple times or just because he's got some pressure now.

In post 796, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
Bins bare-bones response to my question aside (they voted Cage after Cage got a vote.. come on, why is Cage even in this list?), I appreciate grapes trying to get some focus in here.

He's one of my weaker scumreads. I was sorta withholding stronger judgment than that because like you said I wanted to see his followup. And I agree bins piggybacking my thoughts there and throwing a vote on before he had a chance to come in and do it doesn't look great.

Tunnel: Grapes, why is tunnel in here? I haven't seen you suspecting him. I'm not sure what you mean by 'white minivan', either, but you used it in context with Tunnel's alliance powers.

Admittedly another weak read. But I don't usually like full or at least BIG claims really early and my knee jerk reaction was yea this is some complete bullshit or at least too good to be true. Hence the white minivan not actually selling ice cream but nightmares instead. I think coupled with the [bad things happen to scum that target us] and the [our role is totes broken for town] was laying it on awfully thick. If I'm even remembering the claim correctly, which I may not be because I didn't really read into the intricacies of it all that much, it did make my suspicious bone tingle. Along with that a few plays they've made here and there.

Skybird: I defended their actions from Marquis earlier, and right now they're kinda nulltown. I guess they can be in the lynchpile but a lot of the motivation for voting Sky appears to be 'I don't
feel
like they're being genuine', and not a lot of actual evidence. Also I feel they are being genuine so make of that what you will.

I think there's been a lot more driveby townreads on them than the few scumreads that I can recall right now. Some of the scumreads were actually substantiated. I can't recall one townread that was.

In post 798, Ricastle wrote:This game is a fucking mess...too many people looking too scummy. Fuzzy and Sonic X are apparently points of contention so I don't think anything's going to get done there. However, I'm pretty sure little to no people would have an objection to, say, a radmann or a Ra9in9 lynch, right?

VOTE: radmann9

That's where you and I differ it seems. Resistance makes me want to push harder.

In post 852, Trench Warfare wrote:Can you rephrase this, though? I'm not sure if your tone is off or not here because I don't fully understand it.

Whenever someone gives "i see a townmindset" as a reason for townreading someone my eyes roll back into my brain, so the sarcasm might have been the tone you were sensing or something.

It's just a really easy thing to say that sounds like it means something when it actually doesn't, especially when not elaborated on.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”