Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

NabNab wrote: @Sir T: Sorry about being cheeky and quoting just that bit, but I really didn't like that that was how you explained away my suspicions of your playstyle. I know this falls more under lynching the player than anything, but I think a playstyle like yours would be very easy for scum to hide in.
It is. That is precisely the reason why I adopted this play style. But, it is extremely bad play to simply lynch me
because
of it, especially if I employ it in all my games, because, obviously, I can't be scum in all of them, nor do I get accused of being one (even by you!) by majority of town in all of them.

In case you need reference, see my play in Open 35: Big Love Mafia, in which we are both in. If you notice carefully, I am using the same play style I am using here, over there, and you seem to be fine by it.

As far as your other comments are concerned, I needed to check out the earlier pages, which is why I did not reply in my last post. I don't quite agree with it either. My attack against Kravhen had been used in principle by Adel earlier, but she hadn't used the exact logic, nor the same arguments which I used. I think "following" is based on the logic they are following, and not on the principle which is being followed by people...
I'm back!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I am trying very hard not to flame Adel at this point in time.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by kravhen »

Hmm... This is going to be the first time a day ends for me ( relatively new player ). I feel so close to lynching scum yet this incoming deadline has got me nervous and paranoid. Gotta stay composed.

NabNab, if your name was kravhen, would you consider the possibility that NabNab might be trying to save a scumbuddy last minute?
Hmm. But you feel alot like town to me, Nab. I'm paranoid XD

Tomorrow during the day I'll give a re-read to the last quarter of the game so far to see if anyone's taken a comfortable backseat when the deadline was announed and approached more and more. If some did, they might be scum. If everyone seemed interested and adding content, that would mean we have catched scum and the scumbuddy were panicking and trying to move votes around.

Is a post like this even necessary at this point?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Adel »

[quote="Albert B. Rampage"]I am trying very hard not to flame Adel at this why?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by Adel »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I am trying very hard not to flame Adel at this point in time.
why?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Sir T: Right, I get townvibes from your play in Big Love, and scumvibes from your play here. Because you're using the exact same playstyle in both, and we've already established it can be used by scum or town, it pretty much locks the meta-game on you being scum here.

Adel got to her conclusions somehow, possibly by logic (you can't quite tell with Adel). It was adding the black-white, supra-logical framework that you did that I termed "upping the volume." I'm not saying that taking a harder-line approach on Kravhen was all that scummy, but it wasn't all that original either.

@Krav: I would, I have a tendancy to have that type of paranoia too. I don't really see much of a chance for the Sir T wagon overtaking the Haut Boy wagon at this point. It would take 3 more votes (a tie would still go to Haut Boy). I'm attacking Sir T right now because I see him as the scummiest player, and I'm not one to just join the biggest wagon at deadline and hope for the best. I see the case on Haut Boy, and I think it definitely merits the votes he has right now; it would be a good idea to see him pressured, but I'm not sure if it merits a lynch. (I'm kinda' peeved with the Mod for just ignoring my extension request.)

I definitely think all analysis of the deadline will be totally irrelevant before we actually lynch.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Adel »

NabakovNabakov wrote:@Sir T: Right, I get townvibes from your play in Big Love, and scumvibes from your play here. Because you're using the exact same playstyle in both, and we've already established it can be used by scum or town, it pretty much locks the meta-game on you being scum here.
I'm not following this. I don't see how it locks anything. Also, Big Love is still ongoing if I'm not mistaken. Let's pretend you said "someother game."
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

He can't say, "Well this is just how I always play as town. Here's an example of my scum play. See, totally different."

Sorry for refrencing an ongoing, but he started it.
[/childish]
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:51 pm

Adel wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I am trying very hard not to flame Adel at this point in time.
why?
Because of the newbe you just completed. Are you sure you never drink ? Man, my expectations of you have
dropped
. You've stooped to my level.
Just great, now I can't flame you anymore.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by Adel »

Jesus. That game is still ongoing as well.
deadscilent
deadscilent
Townie
deadscilent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:12 am

Post by deadscilent »

question:

There has been a lot of finger pointing.
Who does everyone think is mafia?
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:46 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

NabNab wrote: @Sir T: Right, I get townvibes from your play in Big Love, and scumvibes from your play here. Because you're using the exact same playstyle in both, and we've already established it can be used by scum or town, it pretty much locks the meta-game on you being scum here.
I see. Well, then tell me why you are getting scum vibes from me in this game.
I'm back!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Atticus »

Do not reference ongoing games.

Deadline in just over 13 hours.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:34 am

Post by camisade »

Blue Zebra wrote: @camisade: Who are your current suspicions, and who do you want lynched right now?
I'm still all for an Albert lynch. His erratic behavior is messed up, and I think he's the safest bet to lynch today.
deadscilent wrote:question:

It's like your trying to get lynched.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:35 am

camisade wrote:
Blue Zebra wrote: @camisade: Who are your current suspicions, and who do you want lynched right now?
I'm still all for an Albert lynch. His erratic behavior is messed up, and I think he's the safest bet to lynch today.
Right back at cha, buddy!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Adel »

unvote: Haut Boy vote:Albert B. Rampage

I could support the Sir Tornado wagon as well. I do not support lynching Haut Boy today.
deadscilent
deadscilent
Townie
deadscilent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:53 am

Post by deadscilent »

camisade wrote:
deadscilent wrote:question:

It's like your trying to get lynched.

I was just trying to see where everybody stood -.-

seriously.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Adel, you've voted for so many different people...I'm a little confused. Why the sudden vote for ABR if you support the Sir Tornado wagon? Is this like the vote for Haut Boy, in which you were simply interested in seeing where the wagon went?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Adel »

A fair question. I took a fresh look, and I don't have a good idea of who is scum. ds and Haut Boy seem less scummy to me than Sir T and ABR, or at least less dangerous as scum. I am not convinced that either Sir T or ABR are scum, so I am not going to push for their lynch like I would f I felt I had a solid argument, but the deadline is fast approaching and I want my vote on someone who is my best guess as scum.

I won't shift my vote to Sir T unless there is a wagon chase between Sir T and someone who is not ABR.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:34 am

Adel wrote:ds and Haut Boy seem less scummy to me than Sir T and ABR, or at least less dangerous as scum.
This is craplogic.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Adel wrote:ds and Haut Boy seem less scummy to me than Sir T and ABR, or at least less dangerous as scum.
This is craplogic.
Oh, actually, I agree with Adel. I am very dangerous as scum.
I'm back!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:41 am

lol. It is still craplogic since, a person's danger as scum is only as much as they are believed. If we are both leading bandwagons, I doubt we represent any danger to the town.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:lol. It is still craplogic since, a person's danger as scum is only as much as they are believed. If we are both leading bandwagons, I doubt we represent any danger to the town.
WIFOM.
I'm back!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:50 am

Not at all. If a scum is believed by 100% of the town to be pro-town, he is a dangerous scum. If a scum is under suspicion by 75% of the town, he won't be very dangerous.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:lol. It is still craplogic since, a person's danger as scum is only as much as they are believed. If we are both leading bandwagons, I doubt we represent any danger to the town.
Ok, I'll expand my reply a bit more this time.

Making people believe you are not scum, and making them follow you, when you actually are scum is just one of the aspects of playing scum. Also equally important is spreading misinformation among the townies, making them distrust each other (in other words, dividing the town), as well as tying yourself successfully with an utterly innocent townsperson so as to protect your scum buddies when you are lynched. A scum looking scummy is, in fact quite dangerous in that respect, because he can tie up the town in lot of WIFOM logic with his behaviour. A good scum player leaves the entire town mulling thinking about his actions having 2 or 3 interpretations, after he is lynched and is revealed as scum.
I'm back!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”