pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:09 am

Post by pulsewidth »

unvote

Sucks that random stage is over so quickly.

FoS
on both ojpower and DFN for obvious reasons.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:24 am

Post by pulsewidth »

Not quite ready to put DFN at -1. A response from ojpower is really needed at this point to give us better insight into the situation.
TheHermit wrote: As for OJ/DFN, I don't find anything particularly scummy about them. Yet.

Really? Nothing at all? When you posted this, ojpower had already posted his controversial vote on DFN, and DFN had already posted his ojpowerbandwagon hypothesis. None of that struck you as being scummy?
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:02 am

Post by pulsewidth »

Well, all of the attention seems to be on DFN and for good reason. He hasn't done a very good job of defending himself. It's also possible that he's inexperienced and playing badly. I'd like to get a better look at other people before we rush to a quicklynch.

I want to see more content from Nelly. I don't like how he kept his random-vote on DFN for so long, especially when he had a reason to change it to ojpower:
Nelly632 wrote: WOW... OJ really jumped the gun on that one didnt he, here we all are having a little fun with the random stage and he comes out of nowhere with a 3rd vote without even a stupid joke cracked behind it...

OJ you have some explaining to do...

I have got no problem quick lynching a person who acts this ODD in the random stage and doesnt want to explain it...

Like wise Ninja FOS on OJ
What gets me is that you have suspicions on ojpower, yet you only FoS him, but keep your random vote on DFN. At this point, random voting stage is over. At the very least, you should have unvoted here. You say you have no problem with quicklynching (which is a scumtell in and of itself), yet you don't back that up with a vote. Your actions don't match your words. And then you unvote, with no explanation.

FoS: Nelly632

The other guy I'm getting bad vibes on is TheHermit. He's very wishy-washy on who he decides to go after:
TheHermit wrote: Most scum wouldn't be stupid enough to start a bandwagon that openly. Also, note that the vote was oj's first and only post in the entire game. I can't claim to know why he unvoted when he hadn't voted before, but that doesn't automatically make him scum. Some of the comments made about him here suggest that he's anti-town no matter what side he's on, though, which leads me to think we're better off lynching him sooner than later.
So, in the same post he says that ojpower hasn't been scummy, but maybe we're better off lynching him.
TheHermit wrote: So no, I don't see anything particularly scummy about those two. It's the bandwagoners I'm more concerned about.
Ok, scratch that. It's the bandwagoners we should be concentrating on. He doesn't mention anyone in particular though.
TheHermit wrote: I'm starting to think we're best off killing ojpower immediately so his lurking, random-voting self can't kill us later when we're at LyLo. At this point I don't even care whether he's scum or not, I want him gone.

Vote: ojpower

No wait, it's ojpower again. Definitely ojpower. Apparently, it doesn't matter whether he's scum or not.
TheHermit wrote: My vote comes off when he contributes something meaningful or he gets replaced. Not a moment before. Unless somebody does something very scummy.
Unless somebody does something very scummy?? What happened to those bandwagoners you were talking about? What about DFN or Nelly? Don't see anything scummy about them? I want to see your thoughts on those two players. I also want to hear your suspicions on some of these people on DFN's bandwagons that you were talking about earlier.

Vote: TheHermit
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:57 am

Post by pulsewidth »

Nelly, why are you playing so badly? It almost seems like you're doing it on purpose. Jester possibility?
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Post by pulsewidth »

EBWOP: I'm a little confused. If a Jester were in the game, would that have been announced at the beginning in the setup of the game? I've never played a game with a Jester in it.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

If you're townie and at -1 to lynch, then yes, you should pull your vote off of yourself if you care about town winning this game. Seriously, why is noone acknowledging my jester theory? I ask again, is it possible for a jester to be in this game if it wasn't one of the announced roles? I'm asking because I really don't know. If it isn't possible, then obviously I'll drop the jester theory. I just want someone to answer my question.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

TheHermit wrote: And over here on the opposite side of the map we have pulsewidth trying to make a big deal out of a non-issue.
It is an issue or I wouldn't have brought it up. Do you think we should not bring up scumtells, regardless of how small and inconsequential they might seem. I don't like the way you are seemingly dismissing my argument here.
TheHermit wrote: Anti-town play can only hurt the town, whether the person is mafia or not. I explained my reasoning in post 101, which I notice you utterly ignore precisely because it hurts your argument of painting me as scum. Considering how extensive your search for "dirt" on me is I cannot believe you didn't find it.
Yes, I saw your reasoning. I do like the fact that you adhered to your word about removing your vote if he was replaced. It doesn't change the fact that lynching inactive people is not a good alternative to replacing them. My main concern with you is that you said you didn't find anything particular scummy about DFN and ojpower, you go on to say that you are MORE concerned with the bandwagoners, yet you end up voting ojpower anyways. If you are more concerned with the bandwagoners, then you should be following up on that, but you didn't.
TheHermit wrote: None of them had done anything that really stood out from the others in my mind. They were all just scrambling for an excuse, any excuse, to lynch someone. Either there is a very skilled scum in that group, or they're ALL poor town players.
So, pressure some of them! Ask questions. If you think there is scum on the DFN bandwagon, then go after them. Instead, you place a vote on someone who is not participating.
TheHermit wrote: "You don't parrot the majority, so you must be scum ARRRRRRRGH!" Funny, I'd think that is exactly what mafia would do; follow everybody else so they can blend in. Obviously there are different styles of play, and then there's the WIFOM, but you seem to have very bad reasons for focusing on me. Disliking inactive players and being suspicious of everyone is a scumtell? News to me.
You are either misinterpreting or are intentionally misrepresenting what I said. I am not saying that because you don't follow the crowd that means you are scum, nor am I suspicious of you because you dislike inactive players and are suspicious of everyone. I am pressuring you because you clearly stated that scum was hiding in the DFN bandwagon, yet you didn't do any scumhunting in regards to that, at least that I can see. Instead, you just placed a vote on an inactive player.

I appreciate that you finally are devoting your efforts to looking at the bandwagons, although I don't like that you waited to do it until I pressured you on it.

With that said, Paradoxombie has just jumped to the top of my scumlist for putting Nelly at -1, conveniently not knowing what the proper vote count was.

Unvote, Vote: Paradoxombie
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:07 am

Post by pulsewidth »

Awesome death scene. Like everyone else, time for a re-read.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:35 am

Post by pulsewidth »

My apologies for not being active. I haven't had a lot of time to go through this game and analyze (especially with all the long posts). My current vote was made because of Para's miscount, and I don't think that alone is a good enough reason to keep it there, especially in light of all the activity that has happened since then.

unvote

A question for Elias:
Elias wrote:Um, no. Oman may not be good at appearing town, but if he thought he was going to be dayvigged, (and I think he realized) he wouldve created a list that would hurt the town.
I went back and reread the exchange between vollkan and Oman. I really don't see how Oman would've thought he was the target for the dayvig kill before making that list. Vollkan gave the impression that he was going to use his daykill on Para:
vollkan wrote:Does anybody have any objection to Para being vigged?
Oman says he wants to see Para vigged much more than you, and that you are more pro-town than I. Vollkan then asks Oman if he would prefer that I be killed. Oman then comes out with his list. I really don't see how at that point he would've thought that he was vollkan's target, as vollkan gave every indication that he was going to kill either me or Para.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”