Scatman

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:42 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Now it has all the power of a breakfast. We
have to
destroy it."
-Garnet,
Together Breakfast

"That’s enough! I don’t care if you are the most important meal of the day! I made you to bring us together, not to tear us apart!"
-Steven,
Together Breakfast

VOTECOUNT 1.08

Beer (6):
vezokpiraka, vezokpiraka, Sonic X, Trench Warfare, TunnelWarriors, radmann9
radmann9 (3):
Ra9in9 Bull, CooLDoG, Ricastle
Sonic X (1):
Cheetory6
Ra9in9 Bull (1):
Beer
Marquis (1):
MaxwellPuckett
Ricastle (1):
NicCage
Skybird (1):
Marquis

Not Voting (7):
Reasonably Rational, Fluminator, Thefuzzylogic99, Skybird, Bins, Mastin2, grapes

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2015-07-13 06:50:00)

This is apparently the 7,000,000th post on-site according the url numbers. Neato Burrito.
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:32 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Varsoon, you've got Trench Warfare both voting and not voting.

Fixed it. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm liking the small Radmann wagon. Lynching that is also fine with me, if I can't get Marquis votes.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Hi farside.
Glad to know you're ignoring me and just talking about me at people.
:)

I think it's pretty clear that I was implying vezok is more likely to be town than not and was implying that if vezok's claim that Beer had scumslipped in post 1 of his PT was true then I would think he was unequivocally scum, but that appears to not be the case and so I'm still trying to absorb what I think about Beer.
Are you going to keep talking past me as though I'm doing things that I'm not? Because if so I'll feel justified in this lame OMGUS feeling that I've been talking about. c:
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Has anyone here played with radmann before?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:08 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 428, Cheetory6 wrote:Has anyone here played with radmann before?

nope, and it would be irrelevant even if people did.
after a wank.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Marquis »

people keep posting that garnet song on tumblr and i don't know how i feel about it

blah blah more fluffposting until i find something i care about

also i still don't feel like skybird actually thought she would get a case from me and i think her response was unnecessarily defensive/prepared to some small extent
link in bio
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:11 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

CooLDoG wrote:nope, and it would be irrelevant even if people did.
I think it would be relevant if people had played with him before as town and he was like super duper genuine there vs if he has other towngames where his tone is a little awkward.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:11 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 429, CooLDoG wrote:

the 09er finally drops in for a game after much hemming and hawing
when he arrives he sits in the corner and shares jokes with all the other ghosts
"ohohohohoho.
meta
"
they laugh all Day long
link in bio
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:16 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 431, Cheetory6 wrote:
CooLDoG wrote:nope, and it would be irrelevant even if people did.
I think it would be relevant if people had played with him before as town and he was like super duper genuine there vs if he has other towngames where his tone is a little awkward.

no, it still would not be relevant. Stop trying to find a justification for hopping on the wagon or staying off. Your non-committal sitting on the fence attitude is noted. Choose: is he scum or town.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:18 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 432, Marquis wrote:
In post 429, CooLDoG wrote:

the 09er finally drops in for a game after much hemming and hawing
when he arrives he sits in the corner and shares jokes with all the other ghosts
"ohohohohoho.
meta
"
they laugh all Day long

for the record, the reason why meta is bullshit is the exact way that cheety is trying to use it. In essence cheetty is trying to find an easy way to hop onto a wagon, meta is always the easy way out and means nothing. I know farside is going to come in here and say I am wrong, don't believe her.
after a wank.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Marquis »

i think cheetory is justified in his inquiries
link in bio
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:20 am

Post by CooLDoG »

he isn't. He is simply trying to find a way to easily take a position without upsetting anyone. Very scummy.
after a wank.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Marquis »

let's reword
i think his questions about meta aren't the most fruitful
but they're town motivated
as his previous concerns and earlygame posts have been
so
too bad so sad
link in bio
TunnelWarriors
TunnelWarriors
Townie
TunnelWarriors
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:31 am

Post by TunnelWarriors »

In post 417, Trench Warfare wrote:Cheetory, I will town read you solidly when I see solid evidence you are town. Don't see it yet. If you're town, do not rush the process. I am not nervous about you because your scumgame. That post reads like weird buddying to me.

Tunnel, yeah it's possible but I don't think it's like Sonic to be so aggressive if scum like that. If I am still town reading everyone in our hood by the time night rolls around, I will explain there.

BTW, please answer as a practical matter what we need to do to be a three headed hood (well more like six headed).
I can target two people to ally with (4 during season finales) so you and Reasonably Rational should target me as your ally and I'll target both of you.
In post 421, NicCage wrote:
In post 405, TunnelWarriors wrote:
NicCage:

My town read on Ricastle is because he's scum-hunting and I can see a genuine town-mindset which is trying to find mafia behind his posts. Will this satisfy you or do I need to give detailed examples?
Also NicCage, what if Beer's scum? That would then make Ricastle very town. Please avoid using pre-flip associatives thank you very much. The fact you're not even sure on beer's alignment makes this reason for Ricastle pushing him being "lame" even weaker.
I feel like I should know what PoE means, but I don't. What does it mean?

Fair enough, forget about the pre-flip ect., what about his claim that there was some kind of PoE between Sonic and Beer?

Ricastle
, could you explain your thinking on that to me?
TunnelWarriors
TunnelWarriors
Townie
TunnelWarriors
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:32 am

Post by TunnelWarriors »

In post 438, TunnelWarriors wrote:
In post 417, Trench Warfare wrote:Cheetory, I will town read you solidly when I see solid evidence you are town. Don't see it yet. If you're town, do not rush the process. I am not nervous about you because your scumgame. That post reads like weird buddying to me.

Tunnel, yeah it's possible but I don't think it's like Sonic to be so aggressive if scum like that. If I am still town reading everyone in our hood by the time night rolls around, I will explain there.

BTW, please answer as a practical matter what we need to do to be a three headed hood (well more like six headed).
I can target two people to ally with (4 during season finales) so you and Reasonably Rational should target me as your ally and I'll target both of you.
In post 421, NicCage wrote:
In post 405, TunnelWarriors wrote:
NicCage:

My town read on Ricastle is because he's scum-hunting and I can see a genuine town-mindset which is trying to find mafia behind his posts. Will this satisfy you or do I need to give detailed examples?
Also NicCage, what if Beer's scum? That would then make Ricastle very town. Please avoid using pre-flip associatives thank you very much. The fact you're not even sure on beer's alignment makes this reason for Ricastle pushing him being "lame" even weaker.

Fair enough, forget about the pre-flip ect., what about his claim that there was some kind of PoE between Sonic and Beer?

Ricastle
, could you explain your thinking on that to me?

I feel like I should know what PoE means, but I don't. What does it mean?

EBWOP, I am good at writing my comments in the quotes.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:37 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

radmann wrote:Tunnel, you wondered why I changed my opinion/vote? This. While I appreciate Beer trying to clear my name after sullying it, this whole post reads trying to find an ally when there's no reason to. Literally the line that he felt was 'genuine' was 'Or pick my brain.' How does that reveal anything? It's scum trying to find allies. The more I read into it, I think it's just the hydra mate goofing around. Now the more sensible part is here to calm the waters. Beer is scum and him being lynched would reveal much.
Can you walk through this post a little more clearly? You think Beer was just screwing around earlygame and now they're trying to walk it back because people are finding it scummy? Is that the general idea?

Talk at me about what information you thought would be revealed by a Beerflip when you first voted for them.

CooLDoG wrote:He is simply trying to find a way to easily take a position without upsetting anyone. Very scummy.
So me being trolly and dumb earlygame isn't going entirely against this whole theory of me apparently trying to fly under the radar or something?
I don't have a hard position yet because I don't feel I have reason to have one.
You can cry all you want about how I haven't "figured out" who scum is and because I haven't during like.. the first three days of this cycle, but I'm not going to have great or strong reads until later on and I'm not going to pretend that I do to appease anyone.
If I'm still waffling around by the end of the cycle then toss whatever shit you want at me, but just because I'm not posturing around like I'm a scumhunting God at the start of the game doesn't mean that I'm not trying to figure shit out right now.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:43 am

Post by CooLDoG »

well, asking for meta ain't gonna help with that.
after a wank.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

We have differing opinions on meta.
I won't use meta as an end-all be-all tool for reading people, but I will use it as a basis for figuring out if someone seems off or not.
If radmann is always weird in his posting style in general, it makes him seem less scummy for it here, no?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:25 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I think I'm finally developing an appreciation for Marquis' humour.

Anyways, I'm of the opinion that meta is only useful for players who've been established on the site for some time. Newer players change meta nearly every game in order to find their niche.

CoolDog's presentation of their opinions as fact is annoying. Literally everyone on this site disagrees about meta, get over it.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 427, Cheetory6 wrote:Hi farside.
Glad to know you're ignoring me and just talking about me at people.
:)

I think it's pretty clear that I was implying vezok is more likely to be town than not and was implying that if vezok's claim that Beer had scumslipped in post 1 of his PT was true then I would think he was unequivocally scum, but that appears to not be the case and so I'm still trying to absorb what I think about Beer.
Are you going to keep talking past me as though I'm doing things that I'm not? Because if so I'll feel justified in this lame OMGUS feeling that I've been talking about. c:

Fair enough.
I don't do it on purpose.
I just recall more of you arguing against players reads then expressing your own reads.
Just reads as busy work over scum hunting.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Oh and I'm reconsidering my read on cooldog. Not 100% married to changing yet
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:28 am

Post by radmann9 »

In post 440, Cheetory6 wrote:
radmann wrote:Tunnel, you wondered why I changed my opinion/vote? This. While I appreciate Beer trying to clear my name after sullying it, this whole post reads trying to find an ally when there's no reason to. Literally the line that he felt was 'genuine' was 'Or pick my brain.' How does that reveal anything? It's scum trying to find allies. The more I read into it, I think it's just the hydra mate goofing around. Now the more sensible part is here to calm the waters. Beer is scum and him being lynched would reveal much.
Can you walk through this post a little more clearly? You think Beer was just screwing around earlygame and now they're trying to walk it back because people are finding it scummy? Is that the general idea?

Talk at me about what information you thought would be revealed by a Beerflip when you first voted for them.

Something about quoting a relatively unimportant line and saying that validated me seemed out of place. I thought from the beginning that Beer was either a bastard role with the purpose of getting themselves intentionally lynched. Then the other part showed up and just seemed very much like a Jeckyll and Hyde type of monster that someone mentioned. One head ridiculously over the top, the other head calm.

It seems like the first head was screwing around only for the other head to come in and clear everything up just read scum.

Nearly everyone has commented on Beer thus far. So, with another read through, could reveal a lot about everyone. Whether they voted for beer, disregarded him entirely, or voted him innocent all along.

Also I can reveal my role if that would help alleviate the scumreads like Mr. Mayor over there.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 446, radmann9 wrote:Also I can reveal my role if that would help alleviate the scumreads like Mr. Mayor over there.
This needs death.

Far, are you still up for alliance? If not, anyone else interested? I'd like to believe I obvtown pretty quickly in neighborhoods.
Beer
Beer
Goon
Beer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Beer »

In post 283, Sonic X wrote:was the answer obvious? i have 0 flavor knowledge. nobody answered my question. please elucidate on this point.

In what way was your question helpful? Obviously we are in alliance so obviously the answer was obvious.

Not only that, but the main point I was making was that the question you were asking was going nowhere. Asking it would not help you get a better grasp of the situation. Yet you repeated it like there was some merit to the question and it required an answer for some reason. No. No, it didn't, and this is contributory to the overall picture with your play so far; an insincere approach to scum hunting.

In post 283, Sonic X wrote:So your argument is my English redundancy is a scumtell. please go ahead and explain why.

I would hesitate to ever use the term "scum tell", but the way you were phrasing that post (and, in my opinion, most of your other posts) is indicative of a scum mindset. It shows you're overly conscious of how people are reading you and reading into the things you're saying, but not in a good way.

The bolded paragraph would have made sense without that part. That part was unnecessary. In my opinion, so was the "if you are townreading me" part as well (which I also think is a little telling and if you ever claim something that doesn't explain this, then I feel my point about this is even stronger).

I think the reason you phrased it the way you did is because you wanted to come across as a town player who was being reasonable, but the way you wrote it just suggests to me that you weren't thinking like you would have as town.

In post 283, Sonic X wrote:But an overwhelming number of other players also hated #45. a lot. why don't you explain what is "bad" about Z's "underlying tone" and "underlying sentiment" so that he can learn from this?

If by an "overwhelming number" you mean Ricastle and Titus, then you and I seem to have very different ideas about what an overwhelming number looks like. Unlike Ricastle, who is a relative newbie, and Titus, who is a rather... 'unique' player, you guys don't get the same leniency when it comes to reading #45.

The reason I consider your response (and I am grouping you with your hydra partner for ease of referring to you) less than satisfactory is that it shows you are not thinking about things in any sort of objective way - For example, what scum motivation did you actually see in #45? Also, the "lmao" on the end is primarily what I mean when I'm referring to tone. It was out of place. Either he recognised it was a joke post and was laughing at it (in which case, the entire preceding sentiment doesn't fit) or he didn't and was laughing because he thought it was incredibly scummy or something (in which case, my point about how you're post in a way that isn't indicative of a town mindset is strengthened).

In post 283, Sonic X wrote:can you explain what makes it look like a town post? can you explain how you could write it as scum? your point is that #197 "is potentially fake-able", point accepted, but calling out "i don't really like their posts so far" is so subjective i'm laughing.

No, I was saying it
doesn'
look like a town post. The point I was (very clearly) making was that it was the
closest
thing to a town post you've written (i.e. not actually a town post). And the reason it was the closest thing to a town post is because it's arguably the first attempt you'd made at scum hunting (or at least considering the game).

But even then, the things you did there were not, by any stretch of the imagination, hard to write as either alignment. And, in fact, I think the read you gave on Maxwell felt really insincere - like someone specifically going against the tides but in a way that felt way too confident for what it should have been at that point in time. I notice that Pawtucket seems to have had issues with that very same line, but I'm not sure if it is for the same reasons as me.

The way both you and your partner are approaching this game seems overly aggressive in a way that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and the things you're saying are not things I would expect you (or really, any player) to write as town. The way you're responding to me, for example, looks incredibly hollow. This "refutation" of my points isn't even a refutation and most of it fails to even comprehend what I was saying. Not only that, but you keep insisting that I'm obviously scum but you can't seem to make points that explain why you think this. In fact, you end this very post off with trying to suggest that my points are incredibly weak, but... what exactly have your points against me been? This example of hypocrisy is only a minor issue I have with you, when considering your overall approach to the game, which seems to be just throwing dirt at me, throwing out reads that don't look sincere to me in any way and playing with an aggressive nature that is unbefitting for what's actually taking place in this game. Everything you write looks fake.
“Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.” - Homer Simpson
Beer
Beer
Goon
Beer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Beer »

It should be noted that Pawtucket is less convinced about you than I am, and feels applying pressure to Raging Bull is a good idea.

I'm not opposed to the idea of applying pressure to Raging Bull since ika's approach to this game so far (i.e. a complete lack of presence) is something I would expect from ika as scum, and nothing they've written so far has wowed me in any way.
“Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.” - Homer Simpson

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”