Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Vote: Discordian Algorithm

His conclusions about SPAG feel as artificial as hell to me.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by IH »

Hooray for jumpingstarting the game!
SPAG wrote:Yes my bandwagon certainly grew very quicky. Ah well people can do what they want, however, at some point i'm gonna go through and take notes on everyone, try and work out who i think is mafia.

I seem to get this in all the games i'm in, people don't like my style because it's different.
WTF? The first semi serious bandwagon?

Don't like this response one bit....
Pulse wrote:Playtime is ovah!

unvote: deadscilent

SPAG's reactions are somewhat scummy, but I'm not gonna put him at -2 already just for that.

deadscilent, what's with the FOS and vote in the same post?
Spag wrote:I was wondering that also, isn't the idea of a FOS to show that your are suspicious of that person but are not overly convinced its worth a vote yet.
Please stop repeating people, you don't need every other post....
Spag wrote:FOS : deadscilent

For the following reasons:

1. Not being around at the beginning, whos to know that she was'nt just lurking and waiting for the right 'opportunity' to post.

2. Her FOS followed straight by a vote on me

3. Her rubbish reasoning for her FOS - Vote on me

I do not think these reasons alone are enough to put her at -1, though i will certainly be keeping an eye on her!
1.LAWL, this IS the beginning
3.Wtf?
Spag wrote:I read it wrong, she had 3 votes on her at the vote count, since then i counted two votes on her, thinking she was now on 5.

However pulsewidth had already been counted, and both the votes after the VC were by him.

FOS for being too eager to vote deadscilent as soon as he thought she had made a mistake. Though i have to agree i picked this 'mistake' up on my radar.
WHAT!?! Could you please be less obvious scum?

Your fosing someone for being to eager to vote DS, and were all for shooting down the response? Who was that FoS directed at anyways?
Spag wrote:Because i am trying to work out who the mafia are. Just because people are suspecting me doesn't mean i can't try and figure out who the mafia are.

That post just makes you look suspect, as your trying to get me to not suspect anyone and thus keep the suspisions on myself rather than elsewhere, what are you worried about?
Too much jumping around, too panicky. Scumscumscum.

.....I'm unsure saying "I want someone at lynch -1" is a scumtell....
Spag wrote:FOS on discordian algorithm

1.Jumped on me about my vote hopping during the random vote phase. Does this really matter? As in none of these 3 random votes i held no real suspision therefore even i was scum and my scum parter was confirmed / killed i wouldn't really be able to say, hey i wa suspisious of them earlier 'in the random phase lol' therefore holds no real distancing effect.

2.Also is trying to spread the word that i am a stupid / thick mafia, trying to convince people to put their votes onto me.

3.Brought up the fact that i vote hopped in the random phase AGAIN in post 46. You'd already made your point, were not enough people following you for your liking?

4.Also wants to see me at -1 lynch. For what reason? because i am active? want all the town to be lurkers so they get nowhere? 5.Or, if you are mafia, you know i am town, therefore you want me to get to -1 so that i will have to role claim. Shame i won't be doing that, this is a theme game so all i will need to do is reveal my character. 6.Also used references to my other games, i play in a similar style all the way through, i am sure in all my games i have a scum role i am yet to even receive one.
1.Yes this does matter. It doesn't matter that it was a random vote phase, or you vote hopped. It's that you voted, and then unvoted, and then revoted, and then UNVOTED,
and then REVOTED in around 5 posts, pretty much going on the whim of someone else.
2.Horrible excuse. I seriously doubt this. Why would you want people to put your votes on you? What is the point of it? If you were being scummy on purpose, then why are you attacking someone for voting you for it? Seriously.
3.What about me? I said it too. Why the singled outness? Not only that, you're following the shiz out of Pulsewidth.
4.He said Actively scummy, in other words just posting a lot. You're twisting words around by saying "LYNCH someone for being active!? Do you want us to lurk!?"
5.Retard, this is a mini, just because someone is mafia doesn't confirm that everyone else is town. Especially in a mini theme.
6.This is a moot point, and doesn't hold any weight.

Mod:Any games, or just ongoing games? What if both players being referenced are dead and confirmed?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:25 pm

Post by Zindaras »

discordian, what the hell was the use of referring to ongoing games? He's alive in every single one of them.
None
of those games are in any way relevant to this game or give any indication of SPAG being scum.

Huge FoS: discordian algorithm
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Post by Adel »

SPAG wrote:Yes my bandwagon certainly grew very quicky. Ah well people can do what they want, however, at some point i'm gonna go through and take notes on everyone, try and work out who i think is mafia.
I seem to get this in all the games i'm in, people don't like my style because it's different.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:45 pm

Post by discordian algorithm »

^- an example of why newbies should be careful when using alts. I think I should start using a different browser for my alt. Sorry about that.
[i]The fivefold symmetry of the apple shows it's connection to the pentacle. Here, as in Eden, to bite from the apple is to know.[/i]
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:49 am

Post by SPAG »

OK i'm going to admit, maybe my approach at the start was not the best way to go about things, and i made the mistake of doing this in all my games. I am now just going to the play the game the way everybody else plays it, to avoid confusion. I am not scum, and If you think I am, I don't blame you but you are wrong.

At the moment, I am most suspicious of Discordian & Deadscilent, I have already explained my reasons.
The trouble with learning from experience is that the test comes first and the lesson afterwards.

Sean aka SPAG
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:02 am

Post by SPAG »

IH think what you like, but you are wrong.

'1.Yes this does matter. It doesn't matter that it was a random vote phase, or you vote hopped. It's that you voted, and then unvoted, and then revoted, and then UNVOTED,
and then REVOTED in around 5 posts, pretty much going on the whim of someone else.
2.Horrible excuse. I seriously doubt this. Why would you want people to put your votes on you? What is the point of it? If you were being scummy on purpose, then why are you attacking someone for voting you for it? Seriously.
3.What about me? I said it too. Why the singled outness? Not only that, you're following the shiz out of Pulsewidth.
4.He said Actively scummy, in other words just posting a lot. You're twisting words around by saying "LYNCH someone for being active!? Do you want us to lurk!?"
5.Retard, this is a mini, just because someone is mafia doesn't confirm that everyone else is town. Especially in a mini theme.
6.This is a moot point, and doesn't hold any weight. '

1 - already explained this, bad approach on my half.

2 - i don't think you understood my statement, it wasn't worded that great. He is trying to convince people that i am a stupid mafia. I am not trying to get anyone to vote me personally, now that would be stupid.

3 - because my FOS was on him, not you.

4 - they said the wanted to see me at -1, and i have no idea why. I am not twisting words, just asking for an explaination, as the only ones i can think of are scummy ones.

5. I could have missed out cult / indie possibilities, but either way if he was mafia he'll know im not one of them. And do not call me a retard.

6. Well its his fault for bringing up ongoing games.
The trouble with learning from experience is that the test comes first and the lesson afterwards.

Sean aka SPAG
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Zindaras »

discordian algorithm wrote:^- an example of why newbies should be careful when using alts. I think I should start using a different browser for my alt. Sorry about that.
Yes. Yes, you should. That's how I do it.
This isn't the way to fix it, Adel. In fact, if people see you as a different person from your original account, it will only make you more likely to be lynched, as this account does not have the metagame your main account has.

Once I've finished a couple of games with you, I think I'll be able to better explain what you're doing wrong.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:03 am

Post by JDodge »

IH wrote:
Mod:Any games, or just ongoing games? What if both players being referenced are dead and confirmed?
Ongoing, no matter what the status of the player(s) referenced. Sorry for not making that clear enough.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:34 am

Post by IH »

Spag wrote:OK i'm going to admit, maybe my approach at the start was not the best way to go about things, and i made the mistake of doing this in all my games. I am now just going to the play the game the way everybody else plays it, to avoid confusion. I am not scum, and If you think I am, I don't blame you but you are wrong.

At the moment, I am most suspicious of Discordian & Deadscilent, I have already explained my reasons.
It's not that you're playing different.

You're playing the way scum would play.
Spag wrote:1 - already explained this, bad approach on my half.

2 - i don't think you understood my statement, it wasn't worded that great. He is trying to convince people that i am a stupid mafia. I am not trying to get anyone to vote me personally, now that would be stupid.

3 - because my FOS was on him, not you.

4 - they said the wanted to see me at -1, and i have no idea why. I am not twisting words, just asking for an explaination, as the only ones i can think of are scummy ones.

5. I could have missed out cult / indie possibilities, but either way if he was mafia he'll know im not one of them. And do not call me a retard.

6. Well its his fault for bringing up ongoing games.
1.Then you can't fault anyone for it
2.This isn't how it came across
3.So why wasn't your FoS on me also, since I did the same thing?
4.He said it, and I'm pretty sure I got the same vibe as him of scum
5.wtf? Who said anything about cult? There can be more than one mafia, there can be an SK or two, there can be a neutral survivor, there can be a lyncher, a jester.
6.It's still rather pointless.

Discordian is an adel alt? = | Seriously?

Also thanks JD
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:39 am

Post by SPAG »

Think what you like IH, you've already got a view of me that obviously isn't going to change because you're wearing tinted glasses.

Sean aka SPAG
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:16 am

Zindaras wrote:
discordian algorithm wrote:^- an example of why newbies should be careful when using alts. I think I should start using a different browser for my alt. Sorry about that.
Yes. Yes, you should. That's how I do it.
This isn't the way to fix it, Adel. In fact, if people see you as a different person from your original account, it will only make you more likely to be lynched, as this account does not have the metagame your main account has.

Once I've finished a couple of games with you, I think I'll be able to better explain what you're doing wrong.
Adel talks too damn much. I don't play like her. She isn't a very good player. I expect that she will end up only moderating games and hanging out in the forums.

I quoted SPAG to show what motivated me to post links to his games on mafiascum. If he had any completed games I would've only linked to those, but there are none.

SPAG went on to mention cults. I think SPAG may be an alt as well. Note his join date, and his low game posts/day average.

SPAG: are you an alt? Whose alt are you? How many games have you finished? Would you link to those for us?
[i]The fivefold symmetry of the apple shows it's connection to the pentacle. Here, as in Eden, to bite from the apple is to know.[/i]
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Zindaras »

Adel, you're being silly. If you're not going to play with your main account, why bother using another account to play games? In fact, why use an alt at all? Everyone who has a metagame read on you (and would therefore matter) already knows it's you.

You have your style. People will get used to it at a point. I wouldn't rush into changing your style too quickly, and if you have to, you shouldn't do it in a forced way. If you want to change your playtsyle, look at great players, read their games. You'll see the point of their playstyles in the end.

I'd say your current playstyle resembles that of Glork the most, so if I were you, I'd take a look at a couple of his games.

SPAG's not an alt. People do play on other places than this forum, y'know.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:55 am

Dude, you are ruining my alt fun. I will eventually be more comfortable modding and chatting under my own personality (Adel) and playing a couple of "characters" in the games I participate in as a player. I spent too many years running pen & paper RPG games.

Besides, Adel and I have strong disagreements about what constitutes good play. Either one of us may be more correct, or maybe we are just different. It doesn't really matter. We are not the same person: we have separate sets of mafia theories.

I'm more interesting in reading SPAG games than Glork games right now. Do you know where I can find any? Either this is SPAG's forth game or so, or it is more like his 24th. If it is his 24th, I hope to catch him in a lie regarding his playstyle; if it is only his 4th than the newbie scum vibe I'm picking up are accurate. Either way, he gets my vote for right now, but it is still early in the day.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Zindaras »

As an aside, happy scumday IH! <3
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
deadscilent
deadscilent
Townie
deadscilent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:57 am

Post by deadscilent »

yes, Happy scumday IH.

FOS @ discordian.

Her playing tactics seem off. I don't trust her Im sorry, but I don't.

But keeping my vote with SPAG
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:39 am

Post by SPAG »

deadscilent wrote:yes, Happy scumday IH.

FOS @ discordian.

Very interesting that your placing a FOS on Disco for wanted me at -1, yet you are happy with your vote on me.

Sean aka SPAG
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:42 am

Post by SPAG »

FAO Disco

I am not an alt, i signed up ages ago but forgot all about mafiascum (personal problems).

I properly joined on the 1st August.

Sean aka SPAG
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:28 pm

SPAG wrote:
deadscilent wrote:yes, Happy scumday IH.

FOS @ discordian.

Very interesting that your placing a FOS on Disco for wanted me at -1, yet you are happy with your vote on me.
Good catch. Isn't blatant hypocrisy a scumtell?

Also, SPAG, I saw in the newbie queue where you said that you are cleared to mod a mini-theme. That obviously means that you are not a newbie. Please link to your completed online games (which you must have, if you were ok'd to mod) so that we can examine your claims like
SPAG wrote:OK i'm going to admit, maybe my approach at the start was not the best way to go about things, and i made the mistake of doing this in all my games.
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by SPAG »

I honestly am a newbie on here, i have never completed a game on here. Meme has let me mod by reference to modding on other sites.

Sean aka SPAG
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:14 pm

SPAG wrote:I honestly am a newbie on here, i have never completed a game on here. Meme has let me mod by reference to modding on other sites.
Right, so please link to games on those site you've completed.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

If you can't find scum within the confines of the current game, then maybe you need to revise your strategy. I find all of this alt/metagaming talk to be conveniently distracting.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:20 pm

pulsewidth wrote:If you can't find scum within the confines of the current game, then maybe you need to revise your strategy. I find all of this alt/metagaming talk to be conveniently distracting.
^-A likely scumbuddy. How distracting is it, really? He could've posted links immediately, and then we could've moved on from there. Funny how despite all of his previous posting he hasn't had the time to link us to his games so we could test his playstyle defense.

IH pointed out earlier that SPAG was following pulsewidth's opinion. Scumtell. Of course, SPAG will probably point out that he isn't stupid enough to follow the opinion of a scummate... but I'm not buying that defense either.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

This is the first game I've been in that someone was so insistent on seeing another player's previous games. Seems the only one who's so concerned about it is you. Maybe it's because most of us don't really care? Like I said, it's not that difficult to find scum based on how they are playing in the game without looking at other games they've played in. Is SPAG acting scummy? Yeah, I think so; having a hard time telling whether he's newbscum or just newb. But I find your obsession with alt-claiming and metagame linking to be even scummier.

IH doesn't seem to have a problem with finding statements made by SPAG *in this game* and using that to make points against him. I've made a case against you using the same technique. I mean, this is basic mafia strategy 101 we're talking about here. Why are you insistent with leaning on previously played games as a crutch? Either you have a case against someone or you don't. If you can't back it up with evidence that is right in front of you but still insist someone is scum anyways, that makes you scummy in my eyes.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:03 pm

pulsewidth wrote:This is the first game I've been in that someone was so insistent on seeing another player's previous games. Seems the only one who's so concerned about it is you. Maybe it's because most of us don't really care? Like I said, it's not that difficult to find scum based on how they are playing in the game without looking at other games they've played in.
The strident tone of your post is interesting.

Regarding people saying he is scummy: "I seem to get this in all the games i'm in, people don't like my style because it's different" was the backbone of his defense. I followed up and investigated his defense. Now I am asking for more information.
pulsewidth wrote:Is SPAG acting scummy?
A typical scum distancing technique: agree that your buddy is scummy while still defending him by attacking his attackers.
pulsewidth wrote:Yeah, I think so; having a hard time telling whether he's newbscum or just newb.
He isn't either. Ask him how many games he has completed. I asked him already, but he chose not to answer. In a way, he infered that he was playing a newbie card earlier, now you are explicitly playing the newbie card for him. Bogus. False. Untrue.
pulsewidth wrote:But I find your obsession with alt-claiming and metagame linking to be even scummier.
Why? I don't think it is an obsession- something looked out of place so I took a closer look.
pulsewidth wrote:IH doesn't seem to have a problem with finding statements made by SPAG *in this game* and using that to make points against him. I've made a case against you using the same technique.
What is your case against me? I created a distraction by metagamming?

Lets take a quick poll: which is weaker, my case against SPAG or pulsewidth's case against me?
pulsewidth wrote:I mean, this is basic mafia strategy 101 we're talking about here. Why are you insistent with leaning on previously played games as a crutch?
Because I have a hunch that they prove SPAG to be a liar. Otherwise, why the difficulty getting the information?
pulsewidth wrote:Either you have a case against someone or you don't. If you can't back it up with evidence that is right in front of you but still insist someone is scum anyways, that makes you scummy in my eyes.

So let me see if I have this straight: you think SPAG is scummy, but because I am metagamming and insisting that SPAG provide information that he is reluctant to provide, I am scummy.

You think I am ignoring evidence found so far in this thread (which there isn't much of- very few pages and only two wagons so far) yet you are ignoring that all of my attention on SPAG is the result of what he claimed in his defense *in this thread*. He referenced games outside of this one to explain why people think he is scummy, and I am following up on it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”