Mini 473: Urban Dead Mafia! Barhah! (Over)

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:22 pm

Post by Hjallti »

if it is twilight we have to stop speaking
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by Oman »

No we don't you can talk during twighlight until death scene, right?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:30 pm

Post by Oman »

Oops, this game is different to most I play:
[6] Votes and Unvotes must be in Bold, or else I won't count them. Vote counts will come at the top of each page. A majority is needed to lynch, and you may vote No Lynch. After the lynching vote has been cast, stop all game-related conversation.
Sorry Smashy!
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by Smashy »

pulsewidth replaces SirTornado. While that was going on, you people lynched Darko

Darko - 6 - Albert B Rampage, Oman, poffinpuffin, claus, Zodiac, Gatorguy91

Oman - 1 - Hjallti
Albert B Rampage - 1 - darko

Still swaying - 2 -
Sir Tornado
pulsewidth, camisade

Evidently, having a rotting brain makes it hard to post anything past one-liners. Darko was indeed a
Zombie
. The town heads back to their safehouses, confident that they may yet reclaim this suburb.

Night 2! Night Choices due by
Monday
Tuesday 8 PM EST, although if I get them sooner I can start on Sunday.
Last edited by Smashy on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:31 am

Post by Smashy »

You wake up, and after a bit of searching, find out that these zombies decided that the brains were better in a different country....

Ok, that was just a cheap joke about
Oman, civilian
's name. Still doesn't change the fact that he's dead. Another
civilan
is found dead. This one is Gatorguy. He was shot.

Summary

Oman - Civilian - Townie - Brains eaten - Night 1

Gatorguy91 - Civilian - Townie - Shot - Night 1

It is now Day 2! With 7 alive, 4 will be sufficient to lynch!
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Gatorguy91 »

Bah, Go town!!!
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

Wow, just noticed that this finally went into Day 2. I'll do a quick re-read and give my thoughts.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

After my re-read, Hjallti stands out as being really defensive of darko, even after it was pretty obvious that he was scum (or just a really unhelpful townie).
Hjallti wrote: people start voting darko for it, which basically means you vote of on playstyle rather then on suspicion.... I didn't see a scumtell from darko (unless buddying and distancing, but he does it as if it is second nature, so I would rather think that is playstyle as well).
You're telling me you didn't see ANY scumtells from darko? Wow. Even after he posted his "blah, blah, blah" rant, you were STILL trying to help the guy by attempting to translate. You kidding me? That post didn't need any translating. You want a translation? "Screw you guys. This game sucks. I'm out." That's about what it amounted to.
Hjallti wrote: Everyone should try to have content twice on a page...Make a summary, ask questions, or answer questions, claim you found a scumtell, give your scumlist, try to recieve reactions (maybe that is what darko intended, but it seems he will get lynched by it)...
Hjallti wrote: If I was voting on darko I would take away the hammer now, but than again I would have done so earlier, because I don't like a hammer so early.
You are trying to way too hard to look townie here by telling people how to play the game. Also, I don't believe your reluctance to put a vote on darko was because you don't like early hammers (once again, trying too hard to appear townie). All the signs were there for darko, but you kept trying to help him out, slow down the lynch under the guise of being pro-town and avoiding the quicklynch. I'm not quite buying it.

Mega FoS: Hjallti
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Oman »

Firstly...Smashy loses 10 points for that pun :D

Secondly...Bah! Go DEM...I mean Townies!!!
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Claus »

DEM? I don't recognize that group.

I'm sad to see Oman go, and I'm a bit suspicious of Hjaltti defending Darko so intensely, but not enough to point a FoS at her yet.

I'd like to make a question to those more experienced. Assuming we have mafia and a SK (this looks like the most likely setup), what would be the probable number of mafia for a game this size? 4? 3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Claus wrote:
I'm sad to see Oman go, and I'm a bit suspicious of Hjaltti defending Darko so intensely, but not enough to point a FoS at her yet.
Agreed.
Suspicious, but not so suspicious as to warrant anything other than keeping a wary eye on Hjaltti.

This game was in Night forrrrevvvvvveerrrrrrrrrr.
Show
jhawk01B: you go to lynch becca
somestrangeflea: This better be good!
somestrangeflea: NO!
Mertrodome: haha
poppinpuffin: hahahahh!!!
jhawk01B: and she escapes
jhawk01B: NIGHT
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:16 pm

Post by Hjallti »

I think this behaviour has been really scummy. Given we are with 10 during day 1 and there 25 post each page, you might even of less active players expect they contribute in average once a page some content. If I didn't miss something Zodiac contributed no content, and the only real thing he did was jumping on the wagon against darko, without own explanation. I copied al his post (left out most quotes, and you will see he has really done nothing but that single vote).
vote:Zodiac

first post (45) wrote:Oh.. Hi. I have access for at least monday now, and then i'll be without access for thursday or so. I'll read the thread later today.
Not even a random vote, when people already started to unvote.
2nd post (100) wrote:Back, but i'll have to read to posts in between , which i must do.
Still no content whatsoever
3th post (112) wrote:
Oman wrote:WELL MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN

FFS
MAKE WHAT HAPPEN?
(Oman answered to a post of camisade who was also lurking)
4th post (137) wrote:
Hjallti wrote:If there are not much real scumtells, it means scum is very careful, and might be lurking.
And if people do not get active, we can't find out the scum.
This annoys me very much... He is clearly not posting and then he tries to slip through with finishing my thought. It is like saying 'I am active'.
Number 5 (151) wrote:Uhh... What? Well , you're only spouting oneliners , and that isn't helpful at all , rendering you as a scum, and you know what we do to scum.

Vote: Darko
As if not even spouting oneliners is not scummy. Again he just copies the thoughts of others.
6th (162) wrote:Like this?
Vote : Darko
. My bad.
Not really content, just correcting the mistake in the previous post.

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:31 pm

Post by Hjallti »

pulsewidth wrote:After my re-read, Hjallti
stands out
as being really defensive of darko, even after it was pretty obvious that he was scum (
or just a really unhelpful townie
).
I am glad with your phrasing. First of all I have not really defended darko, but until the lynch scene I was really not swaying back and forth between: jester, very bad scum play and really bad town play. I know it is WIFOM, but I really didn't expect someone being scum playing the game he did. In the end I just wanted a bit time to see some questions answered but Gatorguy didn't give us this time. I was surprized to find Gatorguy was town, because he hurted town by his impatience, I believe.

I agree I
stand out
as scummy because I seem to have buddied up with darko, but I just didn't want town to be hurt by another stupid townie just going about with some strange scheme. I've read some games here where town comes bad out of the first day because some townie decided to try something different that game, and that was the impression darko kept giving me, especially with his last blablabla post. I would other scum expect to bus at that point or even at his first long post. But it is WIFOM I guess to claim here I am therefor no scum.
Everyone should try to have content twice on a page... (...)
You are trying to way too hard to look townie here by telling people how to play the game.
Sorry, I am just getting annoyed when nothing happens. The only thing to get from day 1 so far is darko being stupid and a succesfull lynch. We are down to 7 now. Probably some 3 or 4 town. From the lynches a SK and scum, and maybe another neutral (jester, surviver)

Zodiac
Zodiac
Goon
Zodiac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:42 pm

Post by Zodiac »

Hjallti wrote:I agree I
stand out
as scummy because I seem to have buddied up with darko, but
I just didn't want town to be hurt by another stupid townie just going about with some strange scheme.
I've read some games here where town comes bad out of the first day because some townie decided to try something different that game, and that was the impression darko kept giving me, especially with his last blablabla post. I would other scum expect to bus at that point or even at his first long post. But it is WIFOM I guess to claim here I am therefor no scum.
I just think of this now. He did only post oneliners, and you were buddying up with him since you wanted that he wouldn't be lynched since you believed he was scum. Now, why aren't you buddying up with me if you think i'm doing the same as he? Now you're saying i am scummy , while you didn't say Darko was. So , both acted scummy , but you did only buddy up with him. Why?

FoS : Hjallti
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:40 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Zodiac wrote: you wanted that he wouldn't be lynched since you believed he was scum.
? I think you wanted to type something else here, or you are misreading my entire argument. I never believed he was scum, I was always afraid he was stupid town, rather than very stupid scum, what he turned out to be.

I also never activily tried to buddy up, although that might have been the impression I gave. I did want some answers from Claus and GatorGuy at the end, but Gator not only refused to answer my question, he also denied Claus the chance to answer and the question (if Claus wanted this lynch badly), is easy to answer now, while it would have been more subtle before we knew darko's lineup. It even surprized me that GatorGuy wasn't scum. From the way of killing, and the fact that scum=zombie in this game, I gather that he was killed by SK.
He might have believed him scum or he went for the number two on his scum list, leaving the number 1 for the lynch. But that would be mindreading to know.
So , both acted scummy , but you did only buddy up with him. Why?
You two are scummy in a totally different way: darko in plain sight and you in the shadow.
I didn't buddy up with darko, but tried to postpone his lynch. As said before, I was afraid the bad moves of darko were bad town (rather than extremely bad scum). I think your moves (or absence of moves) are scummy as they are trying to mislead town ("please be active", when you didn't do a thing in the game yet).

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:41 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I don't find Hjallti's analysis genuine. j/k LOL

FoS Hjallti
for defending darko so much.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:51 am

Post by Claus »

Oman wrote:Also just realised, my third game, and my third game with Gatorguy...Jesus.
This is from the first page. Oh the poetic justice that the two were killed together!! :-)

Next post will be serious, promise.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Claus »

Hey there!

Hjallti, about your questioning me about the Darko vote, it was really just due to his attitude. If you had pressured me, I would probably end up unvoting. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I had this thesis thing to finish by the 6th (this monday), and was keeping my participation in these forums to a minimum.

But, yeah, it is a moot point today. So let's see something else from you:
Hjallti wrote: Sorry, I am just getting annoyed when nothing happens. The only thing to get from day 1 so far is darko being stupid and a succesfull lynch. We are down to 7 now. Probably some 3 or 4 town. From the lynches a SK and scum, and maybe another neutral (jester, surviver)
This bothers me to no end. Day 1 was not just Darko acting up and we lynching scum: We had Camisade's little silent vote on you. Guess who was the first to jump on her due to that vote?

Also, if we had 3 scum to begin with, and one SK, we are down to 2 scum, 1 SK, and 4 townies. That is less than C9.

So here:

Vote: Hjallti
I do think, sir, that you are scum.

About the other players, Zodiac was indeed lurking to an unconfortable degree on day one, as was Sir Tornado. Camisade would do well to show up today.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:12 am

Post by pulsewidth »

Claus, I'm not quite seeing your vote on Hjallti. Earlier, you weren't even willing to put an FoS on him. And now you're voting him because he focused on the major event of Day 1 and didn't mention the minor events? And because he guessed wrong as to the setup of the game? Seems odd going from not willing to put an FoS to voting him for reasons that are less scummy than defending darko.

mFoS: Claus
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:20 am

Post by camisade »

pulsewidth wrote:Claus, I'm not quite seeing your vote on Hjallti. Earlier, you weren't even willing to put an FoS on him. And now you're voting him because he focused on the major event of Day 1 and didn't mention the minor events? And because he guessed wrong as to the setup of the game? Seems odd going from not willing to put an FoS to voting him for reasons that are less scummy than defending darko.

mFoS: Claus
Hjallti seems like scum to me because he's trying very hard to distance himself from Darko.

I'm confused about why you went from Mega FoS: Hjallti to Claus so quickly, because Claus found Hjallti suspicious and you did too?
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

That's a minor FoS on Claus, camisade. If it was Mega, I would have written it out. The reason I put it out there is because his reasoning for his vote on Hjallti doesn't jibe with me, especially when he wasn't even willing to put an FoS on him earlier before. It's not just his reasons, it's the way he went about it that seems fishy to me.
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Claus wrote:
But, yeah, it is a moot point today. So let's see something else from you:
Hjallti wrote: Sorry, I am just getting annoyed when nothing happens. The only thing to get from day 1 so far is darko being stupid and a succesfull lynch. We are down to 7 now. Probably some 3 or 4 town. From the lynches a SK and scum, and maybe another neutral (jester, surviver)
This bothers me to no end. Day 1 was not just Darko acting up and we lynching scum: We had Camisade's little silent vote on you. Guess who was the first to jump on her due to that vote?

I may indeed just be misunderstanding what you are saying here, but I don't see how the things you are saying lead to the opinion that Hjallti is scum. You may feel that we didn't just get lucky with Darko making careless mistakes with the blah blah post to top them off, but that we indeed used wit and logic to thwart the scum masterminds, but how does that have anything to do with Hjallti being scum.
I'm not defending Hjallti at the moment, rather looking at your shaky accusations as a way to quickly spin off a successful (or in your case perhaps not successful) lynch and lead the town to another very quick lynch, which is rarely if ever in our best interests.

FoS Claus

Too bad too, cause I was agreeing with your thoughts a while back...

If I have merely misinterpreted your opinions, please clarify.
Show
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by Claus »

pulsewidth wrote:Claus, I'm not quite seeing your vote on Hjallti. Earlier, you weren't even willing to put an FoS on him. And now you're voting him because he focused on the major event of Day 1 and didn't mention the minor events?
Forget the setup thing, that has nothing to do with my vote (like poppin quotet) - bad formatting of my part, sorry.

Yes, I'm voting Hjallti because he conveniently forgot to add the first few brouhahas in day one. The message I got from him was "Finding out that darko is scum gives us no new info, so forget about it folks".

It felt to me that he wanted to sush conversation about what happened yesterday, so the only link between he and Darko was his defense, which is justifiable. Well, I would like comments on this second link I think I have found - darko quickly voting Camisade for her silent vote on hjallti, followed by him cheering Albert and Poppingpuffing to join his bandwagon.

Am I seeing too much into things?

Also, I voted, instead of FoSing, because I wanted to draw out people to defend/accuse him more actively. Nice to see it worked.
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:56 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Claus wrote:
Yes, I'm voting Hjallti because he conveniently forgot to add the first few brouhahas in day one. The message I got from him was "Finding out that darko is scum gives us no new info, so forget about it folks".

It felt to me that he wanted to sush conversation about what happened yesterday, so the only link between he and Darko was his defense, which is justifiable. Well, I would like comments on this second link I think I have found - darko quickly voting Camisade for her silent vote on hjallti, followed by him cheering Albert and Poppingpuffing to join his bandwagon.
Plausible....

I'll sleep on that idea.
Show
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:21 am

Post by Hjallti »

Claus wrote: Yes, I'm voting Hjallti because he conveniently forgot to add the first few brouhahas in day one. The message I got from him was "Finding out that darko is scum gives us no new info, so forget about it folks".
I don't understand why you didn't say this in your voting mail, which was pretty much crap. Please explain why you didn't say this in the first place!

In fact I do believe that there is not much info to be gather from finding out darko is scum, as opposed to the general fact that knowing the alignment of the lynchee does matter.

First of all darko was playing bad, and we all agree on that. Clearly scumbuddies would see that a bus. So we would assume that the buddies (or the buddy (the game might be balansed with to 2 scum, though unlikely)) of darko should have jumped on the wagon. But then WIFOM comes in: If good players know they are supposed to bus they can refrain from hoping town will look at the wagon alone.

Objectively we have 4 kinds of players with regard to the darko lynch:
the attackers like Claus
the silent wagonners like zodiac
the absentees
and the defender me, Hjallti

where should we look for scum?
Note we have to be careful; we are not even in standard C9, so a mislynch is probably lylo or could even be 2scum 1SK 1town left

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”