distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:42 am

Post by distad »

Qman wrote:
distad wrote: And Q-man... saying that lynching Piggy is a bad idea could very much be a scummy move. You (if scum) would know that she wasn't scum and are afraid that she's the target.
So let me get this straight, you are attempting to damn me for saying that lynching someone that ended up town was a bad idea?

Either I'm sitting here watching you string her up or I'm only saying don't lynch her because i'm scum. As you have said I have done both, which is impossible, which one is it really?
I'm saying that you can't use that as a defense. We're down to the point where 3 of the 4 of you are dirty. That gives you a 75% chance of fitting into scum or lyncher. Looking at them, I think that you're more likely the GF of the three.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:09 am

Post by mneme »

Battle Mage wrote:no, i meant the bit where you said that you had hoped Piggy was the Lyncher.
The lyncher is theoretically easier to find than the scum.

Lynching the lyncher via target identification gives us a confirmed innocent (because the lyncher's target is always innocent). Lynching the GF is even better -- it gives us a free kill on the goon (but it's also harder).

My current suspisions:

distad: target. The reasoning that lead us to thinking Piggy was the lyncher still applies to BM and Pickme.
BM: lyncher. Too many questions about the lyncher makes me think he's trying to figure out how his role works.
Pickme: scum
Qman: scum

Between Pickme and Q-man as GF, I'm not sure -- pickme's fingering Q-Man as lyncher (not mafia) gives him a free pass on lynching Q-man, but is still essentially a bus. So I could see it pointing to Q-man as GF, but it's not really indicative (and the whole tactic of bussing a partner is usually done from godfather to goon, for good reason; the fact that pickme is attacking q-man, who isn't fighting back, points to pickme as a GF bussing his partner).
Did I say too much?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

sorry, you've lost me here. You think I'm the lyncher, and Distad is my target? :lol:

mneme wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:no, i meant the bit where you said that you had hoped Piggy was the Lyncher.
The lyncher is theoretically easier to find than the scum.

Lynching the lyncher via target identification gives us a confirmed innocent (because the lyncher's target is always innocent). Lynching the GF is even better -- it gives us a free kill on the goon (but it's also harder).

My current suspisions:

distad: target. The reasoning that lead us to thinking Piggy was the lyncher still applies to BM and Pickme.
BM: lyncher. Too many questions about the lyncher makes me think he's trying to figure out how his role works.
Pickme: scum
Qman: scum

Between Pickme and Q-man as GF, I'm not sure -- pickme's fingering Q-Man as lyncher (not mafia) gives him a free pass on lynching Q-man, but is still essentially a bus. So I could see it pointing to Q-man as GF, but it's not really indicative (and the whole tactic of bussing a partner is usually done from godfather to goon, for good reason; the fact that pickme is attacking q-man, who isn't fighting back, points to pickme as a GF bussing his partner).
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:28 am

Post by mneme »

Battle Mage wrote:sorry, you've lost me here. You think I'm the lyncher, and Distad is my target? :lol:
Not unlikely.
Did I say too much?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

pray tell what gave you that impression?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by mneme »

You voted me day 1, then switched to distad for a while and helped run him up to l-1. Then you helped run up Piggy, and focused back to me today.

If you are the lyncher, your target is either me (a bit too obvious, but still) or distad (subtle, but effective), or someone else (in which case, you're being -very- subtle, but that's not impossible, just out of character :lol:).

The reason I think you're the lyncher, specificially, is all your questions about the lyncher and how he or she interacts with the rest of the game -- many of which were very odd.

In specific, your comment about how the lyncher was less helpful if they could have a scum target was just bizarre -- as it inverted the real relationship (the lyncher is far more dangerous to the town if her target can be scum (can lose via a scum lynch) and far more helpful if her target must be town). This seems to be more a question of how to play the lyncher card than how to play -against- the lyncher.
Did I say too much?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:05 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

err wtf? I didn't put Distad at -1. How the hell was i supposed to know that Piggy would BW aswell?

as for your comment on the lyncher mechanics, i haven't played a game with that role in before. To me, it made some sense if the Lynchers target could be any affiliation, as obviously, a Lyncher could be an asset.
My intention ofc was to work out whether we the lyncher was necessarily someone who we needed to lynch, seeing as this is a small game, and with the Lyncher against us, we begin in LyLo to some extent.

fyi, i don't think i am the lynchers target. If i was, i'm pretty sure i'd be dead already. I expect i'm the non-target townie. My thoughts are that Distad is the Lyncher, and perhaps that QMan is his target (he placed him high on his LoS).

BM

mneme wrote:You voted me day 1, then switched to distad for a while and helped run him up to l-1. Then you helped run up Piggy, and focused back to me today.

If you are the lyncher, your target is either me (a bit too obvious, but still) or distad (subtle, but effective), or someone else (in which case, you're being -very- subtle, but that's not impossible, just out of character :lol:).

The reason I think you're the lyncher, specificially, is all your questions about the lyncher and how he or she interacts with the rest of the game -- many of which were very odd.

In specific, your comment about how the lyncher was less helpful if they could have a scum target was just bizarre -- as it inverted the real relationship (the lyncher is far more dangerous to the town if her target can be scum (can lose via a scum lynch) and far more helpful if her target must be town). This seems to be more a question of how to play the lyncher card than how to play -against- the lyncher.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:27 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Limited Access next 3 days because Czech Festival :D
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:45 am

Post by JDodge »

Expect a deadline in the next couple of days if this game doesn't get moving again.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by distad »

I'm back! I'm back!

I'll look through it all and post tomorrow morning. :)
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:47 am

Post by distad »

Battle Mage wrote:My thoughts are that Distad is the Lyncher, and perhaps that QMan is his target (he placed him high on his LoS).
That's funny. I was just thinking, "Okay... we're not going anywhere. I think that BM and PE are least scummy... so which of Q-man and mneme should I vote for... Q-man seems LESS townie than mneme, so for the time being, I'd vote for Q-man"

I still stand by that thought, though. I think that mneme and Q-man are scumbuddies. Nothing from their interactions together point me to that, but their individual performances put me there (I have detailed these above). I'm not sure what a vote would do at this point. If I'm wrong, the mafia wouldn't necessarily quick-lynch because they wouldn't know if he was the target or not. It's tempting. But, I won't.

However,
FoS Q-man
and
FoS mneme
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

distad wrote:It's tempting. But, I won't.

Fine then, i'll do it.

Vote: mneme

diescumdie
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:04 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

not that i disagree with your vote Pickem, but would you care to provide explanation of why you are CERTAIN that Mneme is scum?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:11 am

Post by mneme »

I'd like to know that too. (and do disagree with the vote, obviously).
Did I say too much?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:43 am

Post by JDodge »

Prodding Qman and setting a deadline for 1:45 PM EDT on August 22nd.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Qman »

pickemgenius wrote:
distad wrote:It's tempting. But, I won't.

Fine then, i'll do it.

Vote: mneme

diescumdie

I'd also like to see a reasoning.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:59 am

Post by distad »

That's it?
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Qman »

For now, yup.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Qman »

Actually, come to think... Pickem, you seem to be playing really hard at being the lyncher target, when you haven't had anyone really pressing for your lynch, it makes me wonder if you are trying to get ye ol scum to quicklynch your target for the win. it's been 2 days, still no reasoning. I'm starting to think you are trying to duck answering it for a reason.

I would like for distad to explain his case against me more clearly, you are saying that I can't use NOT voting in the mis-lynch as a defense, yet you use that very reasoning to attack me as scum. As far as I've seen this WIFOM is your only voiced reason for suspecting me.

As well you accusing me of sitting by while you all mis-lynched, then when I show I said it was a bad idea (not sitting on my thumbs and sitting by watching), you use that as the basis for your further suspicion. The more I look at it, the fishier it seems.

fos Pick, distad
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:47 am

Post by distad »

Thanks, Q.

I totally agree with the comment on PE. I mean, there hasn't been even a half-assed effort to get him lynched. The part that seems off for me on that is that I think that mneme is scum, also.

As for you, my reason for you is TOTALLY wifom. I'm not even presenting a full case against you. I'm just presenting a case that your defense isn't concrete. This game is totally different from other games. From a scum's perspective (how I'm treating your response), any non-mafia kill seems unsafe. If you don't think the person is the lyncher, it's not a safe kill. So, your sitting to the side saying, "This is a bad idea" cannot be taken wholly on its face value.

That's all I'm saying.

As for why I think you're scum, I don't think you're the lyncher at all as you haven't really come out against anyone. You've sat back and played it safe and haven't focused any part of an attack on anyone. I don't think that you are acting proactively pro-town, either, which leaves me no other option than scum. Townies tend to be more active in scum-hunting as opposed to the silent lurking that you have exhibited. It doesn't guarantee that you're scum, obviously, but there is a definite stigma hanging over you because of it. Now I'm combining all of those factors...

There. I guess I have more of a case than I thought.

Vote: Q-man
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:49 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Qman wrote:Actually, come to think... Pickem, you seem to be playing really hard at being the lyncher target, when you haven't had anyone really pressing for your lynch, it makes me wonder if you are trying to get ye ol scum to quicklynch your target for the win. it's been 2 days, still no reasoning. I'm starting to think you are trying to duck answering it for a reason.
Ummm...

Gut on the lynchee.
I mean i already have a 50% chance of being it anyway, so with my luck it's probably around 80%

To put it in brief terms I can't see mneme not being scum.

I'd love to elaborate on that:

Me-townie/probably lynchee
distad-probably townie
Qman-lyncher
BM&mneme- scum.

This is how I see it...
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:10 am

Post by mneme »

Distad: I've been saying Q-man was scum since day 1.

unvote (don't remember who I was voting. Probably nobody)
vote: Qman

Pickme: your logic is impecable, except that I know you're scum (if distad isn't -- and to all appearances, distad is the perfect townie). Why not use an argument we all can appreciate, rather than elimination based on secret knowledge we have no reason to believe?
Did I say too much?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

yeh, there is certainly a discernible connection between Pickem and Distad-pushed mostly by Pickem. Of course, whether or not they are scumbuddies is a different story, as it is quite possible that Pickem is trying to tie himself to a protown looking player.

I'll
Vote: Pickem
for now. also
FoS: Mneme

@Mneme-Please stop using that damn WIFOM argument, which tries to imply that you are confirmed town. Last time i saw that used was by Sarcastro-scum in Consulmaker.
Qman wrote:Actually, come to think... Pickem, you seem to be playing really hard at being the lyncher target, when you haven't had anyone really pressing for your lynch, it makes me wonder if you are trying to get ye ol scum to quicklynch your target for the win. it's been 2 days, still no reasoning. I'm starting to think you are trying to duck answering it for a reason.

I would like for distad to explain his case against me more clearly, you are saying that I can't use NOT voting in the mis-lynch as a defense, yet you use that very reasoning to attack me as scum. As far as I've seen this WIFOM is your only voiced reason for suspecting me.

As well you accusing me of sitting by while you all mis-lynched, then when I show I said it was a bad idea (not sitting on my thumbs and sitting by watching), you use that as the basis for your further suspicion. The more I look at it, the fishier it seems.

fos Pick, distad
Show

Nightkilled - 10

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:59 am

Post by pickemgenius »

I'll be in Hawaii for 10 days starting August 9th (tomorrow).

I should have access, but like not alot of time to post stuff.

I would love to
not
be replaced. Unless it's neccessary.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by distad »

I wish you would have thrown that one out there before today... we could have pressed a little harder for contributions before then...

Unvote, Vote: mneme

You were sitting back the whole of today with a vote, then, after I post my vote, you put Q-man to -1 within an hour. I know the irony is there that I'm putting you at -1 right now, but mine wasn't a hop-on possibly looking for a quick-lynch.

I've stated my thoughts for your being scummy the whole day. Now thinking about it further, your quick vote puts you higher on my list.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”