Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Drixx »

@Silver. I've been watching the game and keeping myow n counsel for awhile. When it occurred to me that there was basically an obvious passive resistance to lynching lala, even though lala has given no indications of being helpful or townie ... the only rational thing that makes sense is that lala is scum and the opposing scum team realized and doesn't want to speed the game up.

In multiball, scum have to be careful not to shoot each other too soon.

That logic make sense?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:43 am

Post by dragonspawn »

VOTE: duck
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Drixx,

No that doesn't make sense

I'd be amused if one/both scumteams actually did believe I'm scum and if they were to implement the strategy you suggest, that would mean
both
scumteams just want to keep me around to keep the game's pace down which is a bit stupid imo

But when it comes down to it, all the scumteams will be happy with my lynch because I'm not one of their members

dragon, sorry about screwing up your grand plan to discern Boo's scum/town alignment, I didn't realise that's what you were trying to do...
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2603, Egg wrote:Wait Bookitty targetted a dead guy N2 AND got a no result N1?
None of this was mentioned in the neighborhood.
I really should catch up because if that's true, that's such a bad claim.

Why would I claim in the neighbourhood, Egg? What would be the reason for that? Even if I'd gotten a read on Skybird, why would I out a power role without a good reason? This is crap, and I expect better from you, Egg. Our hood isn't a masonry.

I didn't get ANY result (not a "no result", just flatly no result at all, no PM about it) on Aneninen. I assume this is because she died that night.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Egg »

I see I was wrong anyway but you're misrepping me especially with your last post in the neighborhood. You seem to think I'm saying you should have claimed there before here. That's bull. Yes, if that was what I said, I'd expect you to jump all over it. What I meant was I didn't realize when you said Cheet tracked you and that's what prompted the claim, you also were tracked to a dead guy which is probably a dead guy. Looking back though, you did say Anen and I forgot he died when I initially talked with you there. But being tracked to a dead guy AND claiming you were blocked N1, yeah I'm doubting your claim and it should be obvious why.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm actually curious why we're letting so many players who, regardless of alignment, are detriments to town.

Let's put scumhunting on a backburner for now and get rid of some. Here, I'll start.

VOTE: Prolapsed Brain
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2629, Egg wrote:But being tracked to a dead guy AND claiming you were blocked N1, yeah I'm doubting your claim and it should be obvious why.

Yes, and I would doubt me too. That's what happened, though.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Book, it's time to start a counterwagon.

All aboard, choo choo!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Egg »

Reading from Page 95

Silverwolf, you're awfully quick to call Bookitty's vote on you OMGUS without really looking at what she said. I'm not entirely sure I agree with the point now that she mentioned it in the neighborhood with quotes and all, but I understand where it's coming from. Much like the Ozgin read, ironically enough, I think she genuinely believes you are scum. Even if she is scum, I think her vote on you is a true attempt to hunt the other team and it might even have merit. Basically the point is that you used the word genuine to describe Bookitty's read on Ozgin which is how it was described in the neighborhood as well. It's a weird coincidence and I don't usually believe in coincidences. The only thing I can't understand is why that of all things would come up in a scum PT AND spill into the thread in your posts. Your reaction to call it OMGUS is off though.

FA's read on Bookitty feels awkward and wishy washy. Also his stance that Cheet slipped, but he's not voting Cheet so Cheet is overreacting is pretty bad too. Ifsomeone scumslipped, they aren't town. Simple as that. Makes me feel like he doesn't legitimately think it was a slip and his stance on the reaction is BS.

I managed to get through one page. Might have to wait for the family to go to bed before I read more. *sigh*
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 2630, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm actually curious why we're letting so many players who, regardless of alignment, are detriments to town.

Let's put scumhunting on a backburner for now and get rid of some. Here, I'll start.

VOTE: Prolapsed Brain

Pot meet kettle
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:19 pm

this kettle is so black. lynch it.

(reference to the "pot calling kettle black" thing, no racism intended.)
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2625, Drixx wrote:@Silver. I've been watching the game and keeping myow n counsel for awhile. When it occurred to me that there was basically an obvious passive resistance to lynching lala, even though lala has given no indications of being helpful or townie ... the only rational thing that makes sense is that lala is scum and the opposing scum team realized and doesn't want to speed the game up.

In multiball, scum have to be careful not to shoot each other too soon.

That logic make sense?

We already had this conversation at the beginning of the game with Titus and most of us agree'd that it is ridiculous to think the scum teams wouldn't be hunting each other and trying to lynch each other. The last multiball game I was in offsite, the two scumteams were after each other quite a bit. That was fire and ice with a weird mechanic where if one team shot the other, it would not kill but show the scumteam that made the shot, that the other person is scum-kind of like a cop guilty. We had one scum fakeclaim a guilty on the other to get him lynched after he failed to kill him overnight and found out he was scum on the other team. Dragon might remember that since he was the one who was lynched over that and the other scum was later lynched when it was revealed he was lying. My point is, the two teams were definitely looking for and trying to kill each other.
In post 2634, Egg wrote:
Silverwolf, you're awfully quick to call Bookitty's vote on you OMGUS without really looking at what she said. I'm not entirely sure I agree with the point now that she mentioned it in the neighborhood with quotes and all, but I understand where it's coming from. Much like the Ozgin read, ironically enough, I think she genuinely believes you are scum. Even if she is scum, I think her vote on you is a true attempt to hunt the other team and it might even have merit. Basically the point is that you used the word genuine to describe Bookitty's read on Ozgin which is how it was described in the neighborhood as well. It's a weird coincidence and I don't usually believe in coincidences. The only thing I can't understand is why that of all things would come up in a scum PT AND spill into the thread in your posts. Your reaction to call it OMGUS is off though.

BS-I looked at exactly what she said. She brought up some neighborhood conspiracy theory BS after I cast suspicion on her and called my suspicions a faked read. Then voted me. Then left the thread. Then came back and unvoted and admitted her vote was bad. I don't have a clue what was said in her hood, nor do I care. Is it over the word genuine? So what? The fact that you think that has any merit at all makes no sense whatsoever considering using the word genuine to describe something is pretty common in these games. Hell, you used that exact word in the post of yours I just quoted. There is nothing off about me calling her reaction OMGUS considering she only voted me after I cast suspicion on her.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by Drixx »

So tell me how laladucks can basically troll the game for over 100 pages ... and while lots of people have been sure to comment about lala ... no real wagon. It doesn't make sense.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

I think there is a wagon at the moment. But we don't have a vote count.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by killerjester »

Searching for a Taly replacement.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by killerjester »

'Red-Eye Tetra'

Moenkhausia sanctaefilomenae

Vote Count 3.05

Bookitty
Cheetory6
FA_Q2

Boonskiies

Cheetory6

DeltaWave

dragonspawn

Drixx

Egg

FA_Q2

House
Drixx

Kitz
House
Skybird

lalaladucks
Boonskiies
Taly
DeltaWave
dragonspawn

Prolapsed Brain
lalaladucks
Kitz
RadiantCowbells

RadiantCowbells
Prolapsed Brain

Silverwolf

Skybird

Taly

Not Voting:
Egg
Bookitty
Silverwolf

Spoiler: Information
VLA

Egg
[06/03/15]

Natural Action Resolution

Natural Action Resolution

Commute - {Commuter}
Blocking - {Roleblocker > Rolestopper}
Jailkeep - {Jailkeeper}
Protection - {Doctor > Bodyguard}
Miscellaneous - {Neighborizer > Friendly Neighbor}
Kill - {Mafia factional kill = SK factional kill = Vigilante}
Role Investigation - {Cop > Gunsmith > Role Cop > Vanilla Cop}
Action Investigation - {Tracker > Watcher > Voyeur > Follower > Motion Detector}
The '>' represents internal priority between the roles.
The '=' means that internal priority between the roles is the same.
All Night Kills have the same priority/speed.

Rules OP

Link

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline is 06/011/15, @11PM CT.

(expired on 2015-06-11 23:00:00)

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | | | | |
Last edited by killerjester on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Drixx, why do you think I'm scum?

Other than this stuff about a wagon not forming on me because the scumteams wanna keep me around or something.

Why is trolling scummy?

I haven't even trolled much at all here.

Why is the fact that I seemingly haven't contributed much in the way of scumhunting the most suspicious? Plenty of others have generated a similar amount of non-content.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Well, I sort of want to keep you aruondb ut only because I'd rather lynch othres than you.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

SilverWolf wrote:Why do you feel o.k. about him?
He feels better than he did in my game tonewise, which I know is flawed because
A) he's not going to play the same way twice in a game with you, me and Titus in it.
B) I wasn't directly in that game so I didn't directly interact/engage with his play such that I can feel super confident that I actually understand his play well from within this context.
However, I just don't feel like he's scum/scummy atm.
Which is more than I can say about most of the other lurkers in this game atm. It's more of a relative read than an absolute read if that makes sense?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Post by Egg »

Catching up now. Hoping to finish this time

Silverwolf, you said skybird's voting looks careful. The Kitz vote looked opportunistic more than careful though. Talk to me about skybird in general though because that's someone who has been pinging my gut. It feels like skybird kind of pops in regularly to say something either obvious or unimportant but isn't really taking any controversial stances or stepping on toes. What do you think?

Kitz and Lala, you called skybird careful as well. What gives you that impression? What is scummy about it?

Delta, you seem to be avoiding a pretty good point. Why is Radiant not worthy of a policy lynch if lala is?

Skybird, I don't understand where you are going with your Kitz point. I disagree that scum are more likely to study the setup than town. Had you said scum realize how many buddies they have, I could understand. But scum wanting to know what they're up against? Why? Why wouldn't town as well? That feels more like something a specific player might be more likely to do than a specific alignment.

Ok, Bookitty saying the Silverwolf vote was temper kind of validates Silverwolf's claim that it was an OMGUS vote so I'm dropping that point.

Cheet, why do you think Boon and Dragonspawn are confirmed town?

I don't like how Bookitty originally avoided the fact that Cheet was softclaiming. Like she didn't know if he tracked her or had a cop guilty. I mean, a town power role who targetted a dead guy probably knows in that situation that that's what he's softclaiming and that can be explained right away. Even if she wasn't 100% on it, "I have no idea what you are soft claiming" doesn't feel like a natural response in that situation.

Hmm. I was ready to vote Bookitty, but the way she knew he didn't watch kind of shows she probably didn't kill Anen unless she's a rolecop who checked Cheet N1. Still, she could be a scum vanilla cop like Cheet said. Failing to get a result on the first two nights rubs me the wrong way. We had claimed power roles out there, so why would Bookitty be blocked N1? I feel like if Varsoon's team had a RB, they'd be blocking House unless he's on that team. The team that killed Varsoon would probably block House as well unless he's on that team. So basically unless House is scum it doesn't make much sense for Bookitty to have been blocked. Maybe, like someone said (Radiant?), skybird is ascetic, but what are the chances we have two ascetics and Bookitty is unlucky enough to have targetted both on N1 and N2? I'm really not sure I can accept that Bookitty is that unlucky to have two failed actions in a row to open the game. It reminds me of Inuyasha mafia where Y+B was scum and claimed friendly neighbor with failed actions the first two nights.

Meh, I'm gonna:
Vote Bookitty

The double no result is bugging me pretty bad.
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

No, listen.

lala needs to be lynched today, otherwise she'll just sit here the rest of the game and jerk our chains.

VOTE: lalalaladuckies
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:20 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 2645, Egg wrote:Catching up now. Hoping to finish this time

Skybird, I don't understand where you are going with your Kitz point. I disagree that scum are more likely to study the setup than town. Had you said scum realize how many buddies they have, I could understand. But scum wanting to know what they're up against? Why? Why wouldn't town as well? That feels more like something a specific player might be more likely to do than a specific alignment.

My point was I feel she was trying to drop a town tell by acting like she didn't know what the set-up was. I get that you disagree with me on that point. Part of the issue was her post about hoping that "we don't get mind-fucked" in this game (post 32 I think) which she says is a reference to NY180 though she did not state that in the post. When she followed up with her post wondering what 14:3:3:1 meant, it struck me as weird. Your point about both alignments would study the set-up is a fair one. I will have to look at it again.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:24 am

Post by Skybird »

@mod, I will be VLA 6-19 through 6-25. During that time I will be moving and internet access will be unpredictable at best.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:58 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Egg wrote:Cheet, why do you think Boon and Dragonspawn are confirmed town?
Is there any reason not to for now?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”