'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:43 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote TCS

Sounds like a scum gambit. I'd rather we find actual scum, don't you ?
You're wrong, I'm right. Discussion closed.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:44 am

We have no guaruntee that either Anix or Arafax are townies. Not even a little bit.
possibly
comment."
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hmm
Unvote

As someone who STILL needs to get around to watching the film, could somebody please clarify what Arafax said about those people being the vampires in the film?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sixth Vote Count of Day One:

Arafax - 4 (The Fonz, PookyTheMagicalBear, -TinVision-, The Central Scrutinizer)

Sir.Laggalot - 3 (Sudo_Nym, Mariyta, Indy)
The Fonz - 3 (Yosarian2, HackerHuck, VitaminR)
The Central Scrutinizer - 1 (Albert B. Rampage)

Not voting - 8 (Crub, Arafax, Amb, AniX, Mastermind of Sin, Sir.Laggalot, Ectomancer, Battle Mage)

With nineteen present, ten votes will lynch.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

I don't know about anyone else, but i want a nameclaim off of AniX. His 'Oh, me too,' confirmation of Arafax doesn't sit right. If he doesn't claim now, I'm worried that he will later just pick whichever of the vamps from the movie hasn't been claimed yet.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yeah, true. Wouldn't hurt to know his flavor.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but i want a nameclaim off of AniX. His 'Oh, me too,' confirmation of Arafax doesn't sit right. If he doesn't claim now, I'm worried that he will later just pick whichever of the vamps from the movie hasn't been claimed yet.
that makes sense. seconded.
also plz answer my question.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:18 am

^3rded
possibly
comment."
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Absolutely not.

FOS
All 3 of you rolefishers.

He said he had something similiar of a similiar nature going on with him, but didn't state specifically exactly
what
similiarities they had. I can see why he would couch his comment that way. Without his backing, I probably would have been less likely to lend credence to Arafax's claim.
There is no reason to give out what his name is just so Scum can begin speculating what role that name could have.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:41 am

Post by Ectomancer »

EBWOP

My bad, all 4 of you.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, first thing first...comment on Arafax's claim.
Arafax wrote:Now, since no there are now 8 of you who still plan on lynching me, I will claim...I think that this claim can be used for the good of the town because
I am Paul - A vampire in the movie, but not in the game
...I am vanilla, but I do find it interesting that I am a vampire and yet I am town...I think that with my lynch the town will have good info to go on...So, perhaps we are not looking for David, Marko, Star, Dwayne (Vampires in the film)....Just a thought.
Way I see it, there are 4 possibilities here.

1. Arafax is telling the truth about his rolename, and is pro-town.
2. Arafax is telling the truth about his rolename, but is scum with that rolename
3. Arafax got "Paul the vampire" or whatever as a safeclaim
4. Arafax just pulled a name of IMDB at random

3 and 4 seem unlikely to me; I doubt the mod would give a vampire as a safe claim, and 4 would be quite risky with a high chance of counterclaim or someone having role based info against him or whatever. So I'm thinking it's either 1 or 2.

I'm going to need a bit of help with this one, as it's been quite a few years since I saw the movie and don't really remember it. Flavorwise, would you expect "Paul" to be a good guy or a bad guy, or could it go either way here?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

The Fonz wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah...TheFonz's stated reason for voting arafax was pretty weak.
More BS. He made a crap argument. It was a much better reason than you had for voting Sudo for not being effing psychic.

Bull.

The "crap argument" he made was just him stating that he didn't think Anlx's reason for voting him was enough reason to vote him. Is that a great argument? Of course not, and of course you're right that it dosn't take much reason for an early day 1 vote. But "Person X used a weak argument in defending himself against a somewhat weak early day 1 vote" seems like a very bad reason for you to have been on such a big bandwagon, especally as you just kept your vote there while not really commenting on ANYTHING else Arafax said, except for a mild disagreement with a point he made about TCS.

Arafax said a lot of scummy sounding things, no question. Personally, I don't like the way you grabbed on to one of the most harmless things he's said all game, and used that as an excuse to ride his wagon all way. If Arafax is town, the way you did that just looks scummy; looks like you were trying to quietly join the bandwagon over a minor and mostly irrevenent point, and then to try to not draw attention to the fact you were on that bandwagon.
Crub wrote:
The Fonz wrote: Say what you like, MoS. It was NOT obvious TCS was joking.
So can I just get a confirmation you thought this post was a daycop claim?
It WAS, beyond argument, a daycop claim. Whether it was a serious or jokey one, I didn't know. That's why I
asked
TCS if he was serious, and didn't vote you immediately on the basis of it.

The Fonz wrote:
Massive FOS:
everyone who's acted like it's not possible that anyone could have believed TCS' claim, and used it to railroad new and newish players.

Yosarian2 wrote:Agreed. That was quite a scummy post Sudo just made.
Did you actually read Sudo's post there?
Sudo_Nym wrote: So far as it goes, I don't know what Fonz is up to. The pressure he's applying seems akward at best.

The big question in my mind right now is whether TCS is honest or lying. Seems merely from a theory point of view, it might be worth it to lynch him and see just what is role is- if he's really a day cop, then we've got two confirmed vamps. Of course, this would likely be foolhardy, as there's a good chance he's telling a joke that I don't get. To each his own, I suppose.
The fact that he wasn't sure if TCS was serious or not was actually the LEAST scummy thing about that post. I mean, if he really had thought TCS was serious, then he was suggesting we lynch a claimed day cop just to see if he really was a cop! And you really are FOSing me because I thought that post was scummy? Seriously?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, crap. I screwed up the tags and other stuff, that's almost unreadable. I'll fix it here, read this one instead of the last post.
The Fonz wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah...TheFonz's stated reason for voting arafax was pretty weak.
More BS. He made a crap argument. It was a much better reason than you had for voting Sudo for not being effing psychic.
Bull.

The "crap argument" he made was just him stating that he didn't think Anlx's reason for voting him was enough reason to vote him. Is that a great argument? Of course not, and of course you're right that it dosn't take much reason for an early day 1 vote. But "Person X used a weak argument in defending himself against a somewhat weak early day 1 vote" seems like a very bad reason for you to have been on such a big bandwagon, especally as you just kept your vote there while not really commenting on ANYTHING else Arafax said, except for a mild disagreement with a point he made about TCS.

Arafax said a lot of scummy sounding things, no question. Personally, I don't like the way you grabbed on to one of the most harmless things he's said all game, and used that as an excuse to ride his wagon all way. If Arafax is town, the way you did that just looks scummy; looks like you were trying to quietly join the bandwagon over a minor and mostly irrelevent point, and then to try to not draw attention to the fact you were on that bandwagon.
The Fonz wrote:
Massive FOS:
everyone who's acted like it's not possible that anyone could have believed TCS' claim, and used it to railroad new and newish players.

Yosarian2 wrote:Agreed. That was quite a scummy post Sudo just made.
Did you actually read Sudo's post there?
Sudo_Nym wrote: So far as it goes, I don't know what Fonz is up to. The pressure he's applying seems akward at best.

The big question in my mind right now is whether TCS is honest or lying. Seems merely from a theory point of view, it might be worth it to lynch him and see just what is role is- if he's really a day cop, then we've got two confirmed vamps. Of course, this would likely be foolhardy, as there's a good chance he's telling a joke that I don't get. To each his own, I suppose.
The fact that he wasn't sure if TCS was serious or not was actually the LEAST scummy thing about that post. I mean, if he really had thought TCS was serious, then he was suggesting we lynch a claimed day cop just to see if he really was a cop! And you really are FOSing me because I thought that post was scummy? Seriously?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ectomancer wrote:Absolutely not.

FOS
All 3 of you rolefishers.

He said he had something similiar of a similiar nature going on with him, but didn't state specifically exactly
what
similiarities they had. I can see why he would couch his comment that way. Without his backing, I probably would have been less likely to lend credence to Arafax's claim.
There is no reason to give out what his name is just so Scum can begin speculating what role that name could have.
speaking personally (and when i say personally, i mean 'not knowing a damn thing about this theme') my rolename doesnt give any indication as to my role. I don't see why we shouldnt keep him to one story.

I still want an answer from EVERYONE to my questions posted earlier.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Btw, this is also terrible.
The Fonz wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but i want a nameclaim off of AniX. His 'Oh, me too,' confirmation of Arafax doesn't sit right. If he doesn't claim now, I'm worried that he will later just pick whichever of the vamps from the movie hasn't been claimed yet.
Sounds to me like he's trying to get some other name claims, so he can figure out what to fake-claim for himself.

If Anlx is town, he played that one just right, just giving enough information to tell the town what the town needed to know and no more. Yeah, Anlx could in theory be scum setting up for a claim later, but in general I don't see anything scummy (IE: anything a scum would be more likely to do then a pro-town person) about that post of his.

If you want someone to claim, build a case against them and get some other votes to bandwagon them, or show how their claim would be useful to the town. Otherwise, it's just anti-town fishing.

Can we lynch Fonz yet?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

BM asked a question?

(looks back)

Ok. Well, I don't know much about the theme; I did watch the movie years ago, but I remember almost nothing from it. Was that they question you wanted answered?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:07 am

Whatever he claims, his role is going to be vanilla later on. Yeah I agree, let's leave him alone.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Whatever he claims, his role is going to be vanilla later on. Yeah I agree, let's leave him alone.
you're very quick to compromise your views aren't you?
I don't even understand your first sentence, but your play today has been dodgy all round.

*hopes you aren't Jester again* lol

With regard to Anlx name-claiming, i think its a great idea. If the scum don't have safeclaims, its good to put them under this sort of early pressure. I suspect those who don't want a claim of this nature have something to hide...
I mean, what the hell do you expect to learn from a name-claim?

@Yos-yeh, that was the question i wanted answered. I mean, just between me and you, who have little idea about all these names and flavour etc, why shouldn't we have a nameclaim from Anlx?

Until someone can tell me that, if THEY were to claim, it would give indication of their role, i reccommend that Anlx claims.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:38 am

They already have a sample innocent pm. Why would AniX claim that he has a name, if his role is innocent as mafia ? That's why I changed my mind and now agree with Yos.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:38 am

if the role he claims is innocent, if he were mafia*
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:if the role he claims is innocent, if he were mafia*
so he can to some extent confirm himself?

I'd like Anix himself to speak on this.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Whatever he claims, his role is going to be vanilla later on. Yeah I agree, let's leave him alone.
I don't even understand your first sentence, but your play today has been dodgy all round.

With regard to Anlx name-claiming, i think its a great idea. If the scum don't have safeclaims, its good to put them under this sort of early pressure. I suspect those who don't want a claim of this nature have something to hide...

@Yos-yeh, that was the question i wanted answered. I mean, just between me and you, who have little idea about all these names and flavour etc, why shouldn't we have a nameclaim from Anlx?

Until someone can tell me that, if THEY were to claim, it would give indication of their role, i reccommend that Anlx claims.

BM
Go watch the movie instead of trying to somehow imply that your judgement is better because you
haven't
seen it.

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Massive FOS: everyone who's acted like it's not possible that anyone could have believed TCS' claim, and used it to railroad new and newish players.
You are not "new". You have over 1000 in-game posts on this site already, so you can hardly be qualified as anything but experienced at this point. Only Sudo_Nym counts as "new" of the 3 players that got the heat from believing TCS, and his heat was not long-lived, as his belief
could
be attributed to newbieness. Arafax and yourself, The Fonz, have no excuse for taking seriously what was quite obviously a joke. It does not require knowing how TCS plays to realize that a daycop who claims on like page 2 with no provocation whatsoever or anything else resembling seriousness is obviously joking.
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Battle Mage wrote: @Yos-yeh, that was the question i wanted answered. I mean, just between me and you, who have little idea about all these names and flavour etc, why shouldn't we have a nameclaim from Anlx?
(shrug) Basically, it's just never good to make people claim without a good reason. When it comes to nameclaims, you have to understand that each nameclaim you get is less useful then the last.

For example, Arafax's name claim is useful on a few different levels. First of all, he apparently claimed a specific character in the movie; if he is/were lying scum, there'd be a risk of a counterclaim is someone else actually had that character. Second of all, his claim implies that there can be pro-town vampires; we can figure out how likely that is as we go through the game to help us figure out how likely his claim is. And there's also psychological WIFOM type stuff; is that really the kind of claim a scum would make, might he be a scum claiming his own role name, ect.

On the other hand, let's say hypothetically that he had made that exact same claim after all 11 other people in the game had claimed. By that point, the name claim would be basically useless to the town; if he was scum, he could claim any name he wanted without risk of counterclaim, and he'd certanly know enough about the flavor of the rest of the town to fake the flavor of claim with little or no risk to himself.

Basically, whatever value name claims have (and that varies a great deal; some mods make them intentioanlly misleading or nearly useless, like I did in MAD mafia for example), that value comes from either avoiding a mislynch because the flavor of that person's claim helps the town decide to believe him, or because of forcing a scum to make a bad claim that helps us catch him because of the scum's limited information about the roles of the rest of the town. To get the most out of that, you generally only want early name-claims from people who look quite scummy and are about to get lynched. Even if you do a mass name-claim (which is generally a bad idea in a well designed game), the goal is still to have scummy people claim first.

So, again; the way to get someone to claim is to make a case for them being scum, build a bandwagon against them, and then force them to claim or be lynched, and then consider their claim. Getting other random claims out early reduces whatever value name-claims might have in this game.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

rofl. why so defensive Ectomancer?

@Yos-ok.
Ectomancer wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
Go watch the movie instead of trying to somehow imply that your judgement is better because you
haven't
seen it.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”