LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

The sun rises to find a strange and different sight... It looks like the coroner gets a day off! The town wakes up to find everybody alive!

Night 3

Day 4
  • Lynch:
    4 votes
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by Javert »

Good deal. Waiting for target from ac1983fan.

Note: Normally in this situation I would suggest a No-Lynch, due to the odds-even probability. However, since Nocmen is cleared to be town, we are essentially 5 "unknowns" + 1 confirmed. This means there is no point in going into night again because scum would just kill the confirmed Nocmen, and we'd be in the same position except the scum would have an easier time quick-lynching.

Also, if ac1983fan is town, it would be technically possible for us to lynch wrong today and still have him keep the town in the game by blocking correctly. The same would be true if we lynched correctly - if he then blocks correctly (or the scum no-kills), the town would be given an extra lynch (although by all means if he is town, we shouldn't need that extra lynch if he blocked correctly in that situation).
"I was born with scum like you."
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

last night I blocked hand banana... this morning there is no NK.... I sense a connection...
vote:hand banana
Not a dayvig.
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by hand banana »

what?

yeah, i see a connection too.
you are scum and sending no kill to mod was the only way to avoid your lynch today, and make the town trust your claim.
and if they do, you will ride safely until this game ends and win for scum.

and if you really are a RBer, this town has 7 power roles. riiiight.

vote: ac1983fan
tonight.. you!
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Javert »

I'm leaning towards voting ac1983fan for a number of reasons.

1.) The power roles dilemma - although of note, I am willing to wager that one of the Cops was completely useless (paranoid or naive), such that there would only be 6 power roles (including Masons as power roles).
2.) Regardless of power roles, a doctor, a back-up doctor, and a role-blocker seems a bit overkill when it comes to stopping scum kills.
3.) It makes no sense to not role-block on Night Three, claimed absences notwithstanding.
4.) His unceremonious hammer on spectrumvoid when I was in the process of questioning her, and specifically asked for nobody to hammer.
5.) As scum, this is exactly the scenario I would expect ac1983fan to set up - only successfully 'blocking' the night before the town reaches LyLo.

The next is quite admittedly WIFOM.

6.) If ac1983fan is town, then I have the following information:
-->
Town: Nocmen, ac1983fan, myself
-->
Unknown: MeMe, Elias_the_thief, hand banana

It would be a near given that hand banana is scum. But if MeMe were scum, then I am sure
she
would have been doing the killing precisely because she could be fairly confident she not be role-blocked. Essentially, if ac1983fan is town, I would have to conclude the scum-group is [Elias_the_thief + hand banana], which I concede is possible, although I will have to reread the game with this possibility in mind before I comment on it.

I could see anybody (including hand banana, but obviously not Nocmen) being scum with ac1983fan, however.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Nocmen »

I don't trust ac1983fan. He could easily be faking an RB, and went with No Kill last night in order to shift blame to hand banana. Also, as Javert pointed out, the hammer seemed very anti-town, especially when he went against someone that was sort of covering his ass.

To ac1983fan and hand banana: I give you both one post to convince me that the other of you is scum. After those posts, I will place a vote.
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:10 am

Post by hand banana »

of course he is faking.

let's assume i'm the mafia with someone else.
why on earth would i be the one to deliver the NK, when acfan was "sure" i'm the "scum" all the time, even voted for me, etc.. and it was obvious that if he really was the role blocker, he would have blocked me?
he is trying to set up the player who has been least active and suspected by most townies (my predecessor who didn't really care about this game/ me).

we have 4 townies to 2 mafia now (i don't think we have only 1 mafia, we already have way too much power roles in this game, even without acfan's fake claim).

if we mislynch today, mafia wins right away, (in fact mafia only needs 2 votes from townies on me to win this game, as acfan parter will hammer me the second he gets a chance) so please think twice before you believe acfan's claim which has so many holes in it that i can't even begin to number them all (not blocking anyone because he could't think of a safe name to lie about due to counterclaim, hammering a cop in the middle of questioning, WITHOUT EVEN GIVING HER A CHANCE TO DEFEND HERSELF etc.. if he pulls this of, we didn't deserve to win this anyway, so decide for yourselves..).
and me, i'm 99.99% sure now that he is scum.

that 0.01% is for this scenario> he really is a RB (which impossible as we have 6 power roles already, but let's just hypothetically assume this..) he really blocked me, and mafia (whoever they are) sent no kill (and they had to be sure acfan is not suspecting any one of them, and it was pretty obvious that i'm getting "blocked") to set me up.
but this scenario is sooo unlikely, that i think we can vote acfan without any risk of loosing this game.
tonight.. you!
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:42 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I am a roleblocker, and I believe hand banana to be scum, because first off, his predesssor was quite scummy, and I blocked him last night, and this morning there is no nightkill... I voted SV yesterday, because a claimed cop shouldn't have voted for one of her innocents even
if
she thought she was naive... do only two possibilityies I see are this:
1.hand banana is scum
2.scum counted on me really being a roleblocker, didn't send in a nk tonite, and are laughing there heads off right now....

I don't know why the town would have so many power roles... the only other explanation I can think of is that the mafia have some sort of powerrole or have 4 members, which would be odd.
Not a dayvig.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Nocmen »

Vote: ac1983fan
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:26 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I want some input from meme soon.... theres nothing more I can add right now to prove that I'm a roleblocker, and if you've lynched me, we basically lost...
Not a dayvig.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Javert »

*Waves silver ribbon from hair to attract MeMe's attention to the thread*
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by MeMe »

ac, two of your scenarios -- 1) four-scum team and 2) scum chose not to kill -- sound like you're backpedaling off what seemed like a very confident vote.

#1 doesn't work -- if we had four scum, the game should be over.

#2 doesn't make much sense -- choosing not to kill chances that the rest of us might be more likely to trust the existence of your role in the game...why would scum want to risk that rather than just trying to kill? I agree with hand banana that it
could
have happened, but it's doubtful and I find it odd that you went from not considering this likely at all (or you shouldn't have voted straight off) to repeating your votee hand banana's "sooo unlikely" suggestion as a real possibility.

And sorry -- this is my first time on today. But, you know, Elias hasn't shown up yet either. :P
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

I was just throwing that 4 scum thing out there... but hadn't thought of that.... as for the no-kill thing, it is a possibility. Like HB said, unlikely, but still... and if scum did do that, well played scum... although it might be a little too WIFOMy...

as for elias, he wasn't as much of a concern to me as you, because you voted SV pretty early, and elias didn't vote her at all... so, speaking of elias... come out come out whereever you are.
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by MeMe »

How does my vote for sv yesterday make my input more important than Elias's?
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:25 am

Post by hand banana »

oh and this little slip-up
ac1983fan wrote: it looks like my plan for the night isn't going to work out...
--
what plan?
just think about it.. if you are RBer, what possible "plans for the night" you might have?? only thing you have to do is pick one townie who you suspect the most and block him.
but now we see what that plan really is.
and he might be blocker for real.. but mafia roleblocker. that's the only way to have a fairly balanced game (scum-town power roles ratio considered).
being mafia RBer makes it much more psychologically easy to claim RBer.

and @ nocmen>
please don't just vote.
you are the only confirmed townie and only one that can be trusted right now, so do us a favor and analyze every single townie left with assigned percentages of scumminess for each one of us.
it's safe to assume that you will be killed in N4 and there will be 4 of us with one scum again at LyLo, and everything you say now might be helpful in day 5.
tonight.. you!
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:19 am

Post by ac1983fan »

hand banana wrote:oh and this little slip-up
ac1983fan wrote: it looks like my plan for the night isn't going to work out...
--
what plan?
just think about it.. if you are RBer, what possible "plans for the night" you might have?? only thing you have to do is pick one townie who you suspect the most and block him.
but now we see what that plan really is.
and he might be blocker for real.. but mafia roleblocker. that's the only way to have a fairly balanced game (scum-town power roles ratio considered).
being mafia RBer makes it much more psychologically easy to claim RBer.
I was going to try and validate/invalidate SV's claim by rbing her. If she hadn't gotten so contradictory near the end the the day, I would've voted her and that's what would've happened/
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:36 am

Post by MeMe »

I've still got a pending question up there for you, ac.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:08 am

Post by ac1983fan »

MeMe wrote:How does my vote for sv yesterday make my input more important than Elias's?
Anybody who votes for a pro-town role that is lynched is more supsisous than others.
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by MeMe »

Not a good answer.

1) If you're innocent, you should be particularly aware that voting spectrumvoid yesterday is
not
a good reason for suspicion.

2) If you're innocent, you should desire the other innocents to be posting and voting today. That you're, instead, attempting to point a finger elsewhere looks like more evidence that you're regretting your early vote.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:57 am

Post by ac1983fan »

aargh...
Not a dayvig.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

• Vote Count:
    • 2) ac1983fan
      • hand banana
      • Nocmen
    • 1) hand banana
      • ac1983fan
    • 3)
      not voting
      • Elias_the_thief
      • Javert
      • MeMe
  • Lynch:
    4 votes
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

ac1983fan wrote:aargh...
please note this is my expression of frustration... MeMe may not like my thinking but that's the way I was thinking at the time.
Not a dayvig.
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by hand banana »

everyone, do this please, i think it might be useful for us to make some conclusions.

so, my scum suspects:

1st place occupies acfan i can say almost 100%
2nd spot is divided like this:
elias is scum 50%
meme is scum 25%
javert is scum 25%
nocmen is scum 0%

most likely scum pair is acfan/elias, but it could be javert and meme instead of elias, but less likely.
tonight.. you!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by MeMe »

ac1983fan is my leading suspect right now -- I can't imagine voting
anyone
else at the moment, but I'm still willing to be talked out of it and wish he would attempt to do so rather than aarghing in my general direction.

I'm not a fan of "most to least scummy" lists, though. I won't vote myself or Nocmen. How's that?

Brian
-- can we get a prod on Elias, please?

MOD NOTE
Elias_the_thief[i] on Fri Jul 20,2007 4:23:37PM (PST)[/i] wrote:I will be here consistently for this week
(Jul 22,2007 - Jul 28, 2007)
, then I'll be gone for a week
(Jul 29,2007 - Aug 04,2007)
, then ill be back for a long time. (long enough to finish up this game)
italics
denote edits... dates were clarified in a PM from Elias to me...
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Javert »

I'm in the same boat as MeMe. At this point, I think the only use of "lists" would be to indicate to scum who they should nightkill on the upcoming night (should we have one) to give them optimal chances at being able to secure a mislynch the next day.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”