Newbie 428: Eat My Shorts! Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Vote: Haut Boy
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:39 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Caliban wrote:Eternal vigilance is the price of town citizenship.
Eyes front :shock:
That is indeed correct. Let us watch and see which scum slips up first...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Caliban wrote:I guess nobody is gonna break ranks and fire in a, 50% lynch, second vote just yet though.
Do realize the importance of the second vote. In a limited game like this, a second vote is a pretty strong action to take against someone. And after only ~30 responses, I'm pretty sure no one knows who the Mafia are yet.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Same here. Two people not talking is bad for town at this point since who knows...both can be mafia! I know it's highly unlikely that both are mafia, but it IS likely that one is.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:09 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I wonder if both of them are lurking?...hmmm....
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:25 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

It sure was :evil: j/k An honest mistake, I presume. Unless your vote actually did have merit...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:57 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Sorry for not responding, I was away for a couple of days. A couple of things I would like to point out...
New Coldness wrote:You were kind of defending lurking, which was kind of scummy, but nowhere near scummy enough to even warrant an FoS, which was why I didn't give you one. It wasn't even enough to justify an interrogation. What you were saying there was game philosophy that didn't violate any established logical fallacies.
Lurking can arouse suspicion, but not even enough for an FoS. Not at this stage. If there happened to be an interesting nightkill, then the scum would like to lay low for a while to see the reaction from the townies. Since it is D1 however....
New Coldness wrote:Caliban, that "most suspicious" thing is loaded with WIFOM.
I agree with that. Doing a self-vote doesn't mean anything in a game without a Joker. I
do
however see simply changing votes at this stage is somewhat scummy so they can form some bandwagon against an innocent townie due to some mistake. I will be watching the first person to vote to -2.... :shock:
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Hmmm...no posts so far today, so here goes. I re-read the thread and came on these conclusions.

The scum are doing well to hide themselves. Although if this is true...
Arvetis wrote:Scum have a greater opportunity to lose by lurking.
...then the particularly active people are the most scum-worthy, like Caliban, Arvetis, Haut Boy, New Coldness, and I. Since I hear a lot of their opinions, I would like to hear everyone and who they suspect. I don't necessarily suspect those people I listed, but knowing what everyone is thinking is nice...
Caliban wrote:When Silver Pheonix metioned lurking, Haut Boy responded pretty quickly.
I was just trying to spur discussion at this point, not really arouse suspicion or cause an FoS.
Caliban wrote:it kinda seems like if they were gonna mess up they would have done by now.

I wouldn't expect the scum to screw up yet. Even though it is a newbie game, it can take at least until D2 or even D3 to have the scum falter. Of course at that point it is almost too late...

As for my suspicions, none really yet. Want to hear more. :?
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:04 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

spectrumvoid wrote:2 possibilities
Is there a second one? It doesn't really matter that much. I am just curious about what you have to say.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Grats on your 100th post, Coldness. I have a while to go yet. XD

I'm having mixed feelings about scummie-ness about certain people. I don't think Caliban is super scummy but he certainly is quite active. Not that activeness is a bad thing, but generally an easy scumtell is over-activity to get a bandwagon going on a townie. spectrumvoid only recently revealed her intentions, and JDodge is also an IC player who hasn't revealed his suspicions yet....I find it odd that the ICs in this game are a tad slow to respond but I guess that is a result of them being watchful and not finding anything...

@spectrumvoid's comments about Coldness: I kinda agree with your disdain towards Coldness, but just because this is a newbie game, doesn't mean that mistakes should be shrugged off. Of course, some mistakes are made in jest by new players (like me :P), but others should be interpreted as scumtells.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:08 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

BST? What is that in GMT? (like EST is GMT-4)
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:38 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I agree with Coldness. SV seems avoiding all attacks on her....JDodge was kinda of scummy last page but I don't have enough suspicion with him....so
Unvote, Vote: spectrumvoid
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:08 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

So has the deadline passed?
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:27 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I was just making sure.....I thought it did but living in EST I am not too sure :P
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:02 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Oman wrote: 29 wrote:
Two people not talking is bad for town at this point since who knows...both can be mafia! I know it's highly unlikely that both are mafia, but it IS likely that one is.
That’s just plain wrong. At this point in the game I’m playing numbers, since nothing scummy had been said. Chances any player is mafia 2/7. Chances any player is lurking 2/7 as well (two lurkers) = 2/7 * 2/7 = 7/25. Therefor its unlikely. Lie, scumtell.
TBH, I didn't do the math. Why does miscalculating the odds make me scum? Also, this is a newbie game, so there are newbie scum who might try to hide themselves a bit more, which makes them more likely to lurk.
Oman wrote: 77 wrote:
then the particularly active people are the most scum-worthy, like Caliban, Arvetis, Haut Boy, New Coldness, and I.
What a ridiculous extrapolation. WTF arguments, scumtell.
Noob argument = scumtell? Honestly, that argument was horrible..that doesn't mean scum...that means noob.
Oman wrote:
84 wrote:
'm having mixed feelings about scummie-ness about certain people. I don't think Caliban is super scummy but he certainly is quite active. Not that activeness is a bad thing, but generally an easy scumtell is over-activity to get a bandwagon going on a townie. spectrumvoid only recently revealed her intentions, and JDodge is also an IC player who hasn't revealed his suspicions yet....I find it odd that the ICs in this game are a tad slow to respond but I guess that is a result of them being watchful and not finding anything...
Wishy-washy right through until a complete defence of JDodge. Wishy- washy, scumtell
Defense of JDodge? From what? I wanted to know JDodge's intentions...because at that point not many of the IC's were responding (SV, JDodge in particular). I gave the ICs respect, not defense. And then he said he was sick. I was merely guessing why he wasn't active.
Oman wrote: 84 wrote:
some mistakes are made in jest by new players (like me ), but others should be interpreted as scumtells.
Where do you draw the line? Also, your argument has no conclusion, leading me to think it was made to make you Seem town. LIPS, Scumtell
You're taking this out of context (like almost every argument I'm defending in this post). As you have said, Coldness (who I was referring to) was jumping on a mistake by Haut Boy and SV said that it was a scumtell on Coldness. I marginally agreed with her argument, due to what I said in your quote.
Oman wrote: 108 wrote:
SV seems avoiding all attacks on her..
SV is avoiding everything! The whole thread. Flawed argument involving lies, scumtell x2.
I was agreeing with Coldness' argument. He made a good one and I agreed. I didn't realize she was being replaced due to inactivity, however. I thought she was deliberately lurking, which is a scumtell.
Oman wrote: 108 wrote:
JDodge was kinda of scummy last page but I don't have enough suspicion with him
Yet you jump on SV on a flawed argument (see above) scumtell.
See above argument.

I don't like the fact that you take several posts out of context and place it in your own to fit your argument (as Arvetis said before). However, I see this as a playstyle difference rather than scummy. Since my vote right now is for you (or SV, rather), I'll
Unvote
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:05 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

You draw a good deal of criticism of me from my voting of spectrumvoid, but
1. I agreed with New Coldness, and you gave him a nothingtell on his post. I simply misunderstood his post. I mean, you can't really edit what you say but I still agreed with him.
2. I wanted to make a vote before the deadline. I went with what I thought was the best option. Making the deadline is also the reason I'm at -2 right now.
Caliban wrote:In the spirit of an impending deadline and making decisive action: Vote: SilverPhoenix
Now that the deadline is officially extended, I think we can take a step back and not try to quicklynch.

I also have a comment on an earlier topic...
Oman wrote:-2 is a very Pro-town move.
Not if the scum have the -2 vote (assuming the target is town). If the original voter is able to make a convincing argument, then he can easily get other townies to lynch. Then the blame falls to the townie who made the argument on d2 and then you have 2 mislynches, at which it is too late for the town to win. Scum can easily hide themselves in a -2. All he has to do is agree with a townie with a hunch against another townie.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:35 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Artevis wrote:why would Haut Boy do that?
His vote was a random vote and he unvoted to vote for someone else, I think.
Artevis wrote:SP, could you give some more specifics on why you decided to do that?
Sure. I do admit that it was a rushed vote to try and get it in at the deadline. I also misinterpreted Coldness' post as her not contributing and getting away with it.
I am going to do a re-read a bit later today...so look out for a big post.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:15 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Mr. Tornado wrote:Alright

Unvote

Vote: Silverpheonix
Very troubling....hard for me to get a good read of Mr. T. He seems to be playing poorly, like a noob who stumbled in as a scum. I am not convinced yet that his is scum for his actions were to gauge something from Oman...I want to hear...
1. A better defense of Sir Tornado. Why did you vote me on Oman's request? I know you wanted something out of Oman but now you are at -1. Now is the time to defend.
2. Oman's answer to Sir T's question. Why did you get agitated to Sir T's vote?
3. Some thing from New Coldness. Scum-spects/observations/comments? Your lurking is also troubling and it is enough for a
FoS
on you. You are changing opinions on people and trying to get a lynch before, but now you hide. Why?
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:31 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

BTW, sorry I couldn't answer your question from before, Oman. My school's internet was down since Saturday, so I couldn't post.

@Sir T: Yes, I was simply repeating your comment. Oman didn't respond to it and I wanted him to.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:33 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

In other words, my super-mega-awesome-chocolately-covered list of scum is...
1. New Coldness (for reasons stated in 191)
2. Sir Tornado (for reasons stated in 191)
3. hrmm, not sure :P
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:36 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Sir Tornado wrote:But, what makes you think that he was getting agitated simply because I say he is getting agitated?
His post....
[quote="Oman]BZZZZT! Wrong answer. Did anyone else see that!?! I can bend him to my will.

MAKE ME A SANDWHICH! No, okay then.

Seriously, he just changed his vote on command. I don't like Sir T at ALL right now. He's seriously scummy.[/quote]
Seems agitated to me...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:27 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Oman: What do you think I am supposed to do? If I voted Sir T, you would blame me for being scum if he came up town, but if I don't vote him you blame me for saying he is a scum with me (or so you say). You didn't give me much of a choice and to be honest I didn't find your arguement very convincing. You are deliberately trying to trap me into making a bad decision, which is scum behavior in my book.
HoS: Oman
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:03 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Sir Tornado wrote:You are looking for approval while hammering me. In effect, you are trying to shift the blame of my mislynch to Oman.
Wait....so its my fault you were at -1 (now -2)? I didn't vote for you. If any one is to blame, it would be the people who voted for you. Look, I have a feeling you are town , especially now that say "my mislynch". I don't want a mislynch, but it seems like you have already resigned...*shrug*
I would like to be reminded why I am a scum canidate also. I feel that some feelings have changed since Oman's original post, and I want to hear them. Caliban, about my post 214, I really don't like when aggresive players trap me. It has happened in the other game I am playing to and I tend to sound defensive of my position in response. Oman has been playing hard game on me, which I have enjoyed, but sometimes enough is enough. I keep being told that aggresiveness is not scummy but I can never lose the feeling that Oman wanted to choose a scum canidate and fire away at him and all of his arguments until he is dead.

Also,
Mod, can you prod New Coldness and Artevis?
Their inactivity bothers me... :(
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:05 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

it will take 4 votes to lynch!
Question: Isn't it 3?
I will do a full reread too...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #24) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Caliban wrote:The reason I hammered Sir T was at his request because I emphatically suspected he was the cop.
What? Players never want to be killed. As JDodge said, it was your mistake to lynch him if he had a power role. If you suspect something like that, the thing to do is to tell others, not kill him...
Caliban wrote:In hindsight I would have been better sticking to my guns and reaping the status bonus when the cop was lynched.
What is that supposed to mean? That it would have been better to be not involved in the lynch? Because that makes you scummy? Explain.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:06 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Oman wrote:Oh and I wasn't the only person voting Sir T, I merely presented a case.
That people believed in (namely Arvetis and Caliban)....they voted because of your case, so you can't say that you "merely" were involved in Sir T. Not that lynching him made you scummy, but that the fact that you try and pass it off like you had nothing to do with it is what pings my scumdar.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #26) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:49 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Yeah, we need him in order to explain his actions. I suppose a look at Caliban's playing the entire game would be good...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Wow...I completely missed it....lol