House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:42 pm

Post by House »

In post 1420, Varsoon wrote:I'm actually more pushy about you, House.
You're pushing around a lot of weight and straight up pulling strings, too.
It's... wack.

And again, I don't really give a damn what you think of me.

My claim pretty much townfirms me. I'd have been dead in the water making it as scum. Wake uses JoAT a good bit, and faking that claim would have put a great big bulls-eye on my head when the real one countered me.

That you're trying to paint me as scum when it's pretty obvious I'm town via mechanics alone is
funny
scummy.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:45 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1426, House wrote:
And again, I don't really give a damn what you think of me.
My claim pretty much townfirms me. I'd have been dead in the water making it as scum. Wake uses JoAT a good bit, and faking that claim would have put a great big bulls-eye on my head when the real one countered me.
That you're trying to paint me as scum when it's pretty obvious I'm town via mechanics alone is
funny
scummy.

Actually,
In post 0, Wake1 wrote:There may be duplicate roles.

In spite of this, I don't think you're scum. If you were, you'd play to a terrible strategy because any of the other scum factions could kill you. Also, it would be awkward sooner or later if you were unable to provide us your Night Action results.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Awww, I know you care about my feelings for you, House<3

Your claim does literally nothing mechanical. Anyone taking your claim at face-value should be, I dunno, reprimanded or something. The claim-meta on this site is absurd. I'm just gonna fake-claim masons in literally every game after this one. :l
There's no guarantee there's even a real JOAT in the game, and, furthermore, you could be claiming just to try to get a JOAT counterclaim.
That's
rolefishing. Furthermore, the OP says there may be duplicate roles, so counterclaims also mean far less.

Your claim hasn't been verified by the mod. The fact that you're trying to say that you're mechanically cleared as town is literally false. You're lying. Like right now. Straight up.
Some people might have a stomach for all this wack, but I don't.

:/

@Anen: Unless he is bulletproof or Acetic or whatever. Which is very likely in a 14-3-3-1.
Faking night results is easier than you'd think.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:18 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 1397, House wrote:
In post 1395, Varsoon wrote:House, your strong-arm play puts a really sour taste in my mouth, but you'll also very likely be sorted out overnight.
What I'm not sure of is why you're wagoning Ozgin.
I'd like you to elaborate on that.

That's an easy one.

I'm sheeping Titus because
I'm completely disinterested in d1 of larges.

The only reason I care about the ducky wagon is because I hate seeing those I consider a friend get lynched over idiotic excuses.

And frankly, I don't give a damn what my play leaves in your mouth.

This statement seems at odds with your play earlier. You came into the game all determined to get someone in your hood lynched. I'd hardly call that disinterested.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:30 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1428, Varsoon wrote:
@Anen: Unless he is bulletproof or Acetic or whatever. Which is very likely in a 14-3-3-1.
Faking night results is easier than you'd think.

Even if Bulletproof, do you think he'd make it to LyLo after his claim?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

Easily.
Especially
if BP.
The point of the claim was to put himself out of lynching territory and to draw a target on himself.
There's a few reasons I could think of for both scum and town House to do that.
The trick is discerning the truth. :l
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:48 am

Post by SilverWolf »

House-I don't like how you've barely participated and are suddenly going to rush in here to push everyone off lala. I'm going to meta her, and see if you are being honest about how she plays.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:58 am

Post by House »

In post 1429, Skybird wrote:
In post 1395, Varsoon wrote:House, your strong-arm play puts a really sour taste in my mouth, but you'll also very likely be sorted out overnight.

That's an easy one.

I'm sheeping Titus because
I'm completely disinterested in d1 of larges.

The only reason I care about the ducky wagon is because I hate seeing those I consider a friend get lynched over idiotic excuses.

This statement seems at odds with your play earlier. You came into the game all determined to get someone in your hood lynched. I'd hardly call that disinterested.

Duh, because 5 people is easier to sort than 20+.

Then the game descended into chaos and I said fuck it & checked out.

And here we are.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:59 am

Post by House »

In post 1432, SilverWolf wrote:House-I don't like how you've barely participated and are suddenly going to rush in here to push everyone off lala. I'm going to meta her, and see if you are being honest about how she plays.

Right Wolf, because when I'm scum, I'm just THAT DAMNED OBVIOUS about it.

Totally makes sense.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 1:05 am

Post by House »

In post 1432, SilverWolf wrote:I'm going to meta her, and see if you are being honest about how she plays.

Let me hit fast forward: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p6751625

There's the game and post you should start at.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 1:09 am

Post by House »

In post 1431, Varsoon wrote:Easily.
Especially
if BP.
The point of the claim was to put himself out of lynching territory and to draw a target on himself.
There's a few reasons I could think of for both scum and town House to do that.
The trick is discerning the truth. :l

Bulletproof JoAT?

If only...
I mean... yeah, totally!

lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 1:11 am

Post by lalaladucks »

Oh man am I being pseudo scum again...
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 1:15 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1434, House wrote:
In post 1432, SilverWolf wrote:House-I don't like how you've barely participated and are suddenly going to rush in here to push everyone off lala. I'm going to meta her, and see if you are being honest about how she plays.

Right Wolf, because when I'm scum, I'm just THAT DAMNED OBVIOUS about it.

Totally makes sense.

Where did I say you are scum? Anyone working this hard to save someone raises all kinds of alarms to me for various reasons. Let me point out a few things to you.

You do know that scum will be on her wagon if it gets large enough whether she's town or scum right?

You do know she could be scum that you are protecting and if so, letting her live overnight could be a mistake right?

You do know if there's a JOAT here, they'd be idiotic to cc you right now and SHOULD NOT right? So stop suggesting it at all.

I will be doing a meta dive on duckie. I'm still V/LA today but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the link, but given your defense of her, I'll be including all her games. I also don't like Titus' defense of her either. Why are either of you working so hard to save her? I can see both town and scum pulling this for a variety of reasons. I don't think either of you are scum but I don't like it regardless.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:16 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 1385, House wrote:
In post 1354, dragonspawn wrote:How would you know ducks is a mislynch?

This kind of dumbassery is what makes me want to lynch you.

Even the scum don't know if a lynch is a mislynch.

exactly my point. Even the scum wouldnt know. So don't you think it's odd to make the claim?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:18 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1392, House wrote:
In post 1390, Aneninen wrote:Why are you so sure that she's not scum?
Also, I don't think she's newb. I've just checked it and she was (and is) in quite a couple of games before.

Her oldest game is March 5th. This is May 22nd. That's 2.5 months.

if this was the only game she was in, I could see being critical. But this isn't the only other game she's in, so her play here looks to me like she simply jumped in over her head, not appreciating the nature of large games.

Now gtfo her wagon and lynch scum.

Ooooh, interesting.

FYI, I started mafia initially at the exact same time.
(But I'm literally batshit insane, so yeah...)
So I think I can understand that Lala is town being overwhelmed, but that doesn't entirely excuse her play.

Actually, I would be OK with looking at her more harshly in D2 provided she hasn't stepped it up.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:20 am

Post by Skybird »

House, you have to know that everyone saw your defense of duck and wondered about it. You are pretty ballsy player so yeah, you might do something as obvious as this, especially when you think duck's meta is going to back you up.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:22 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 1389, House wrote:Anen, if you are town gtfo lala and recognize drowning newbtown when you see it.

Large games are a lot for new players to take in. Read her posts in context.

And that goes for the rest of you idiots jumping on the easiest excuse to vote, too. That kind of shit is what makes it so damned easy for scum.

Wake the hell up and get back to lynching scum.

bad logic. Last time I gave a newb the benefit of the doubt after seeing evidence of them being scum, you terrorized town much longer than you needed to
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:35 am

Post by House »

In post 1442, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 1389, House wrote:Anen, if you are town gtfo lala and recognize drowning newbtown when you see it.

Large games are a lot for new players to take in. Read her posts in context.

And that goes for the rest of you idiots jumping on the easiest excuse to vote, too. That kind of shit is what makes it so damned easy for scum.

Wake the hell up and get back to lynching scum.

bad logic. Last time I gave a newb the benefit of the doubt after seeing evidence of them being scum, you terrorized town much longer than you needed to

Fine. Where's the scum motivation? Show that to me and I'll acquiesce.

Until you do... until you
can
... stfu and move on.

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:37 am

Post by SilverWolf »

That's an easy one.

I'm sheeping Titus because I'm completely disinterested in d1 of larges.

This right here makes me want to lynch la la. You are not this bad House. You don't give a shit about your friends in games being wagoned and lynched and that's a terrible reason not to want to lynch a person. You want to give her another day and then what? Say she's scum. You just gave her a night to pull her scum shit. That's just plain stupid.

You claim to be completely disinterested in larges and sheeping Titus because you don't care about this game but here you are so certain that la la is town that you want to give her a pass because she's your friend.

la la has been making excuses and throwing a pity party for herself all game, she's been doing the "you are suspicious of me and must be scum because scum always try to mislynch me due to my shitty play", "I know I'm bad, I deserve to be lynched, blah blah blah" AtE. She voted Prolapsed for absolutely no reason and then didn't even include him in her top 6 scum reads. She defended Ozgin and said she sorted him as town and doesn't want him lynched but didn't put him in her top 6 town reads. She OMGUS'd anen and FA for pushing her.

You know what? Being on V/LA, I don't have time for this shit.

VOTE: la la duckie
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:46 am

Post by House »

In post 1438, SilverWolf wrote:
You do know that scum will be on her wagon if it gets large enough whether she's town or scum right?

What does that have to do with anything? My point about her wagon having scum on it was because it got piled onto so quickly. There's definitely 1 scum there, and quite likely 2.

You do know she could be scum that you are protecting and if so, letting her live overnight could be a mistake right?

It wouldn't be the first time, either. That's not going to stop me from defending my townreads, though.

Also, it's not like I'm suggesting we give her a free pass for the entire game. This isn't your average mini/micro. This is a Large. And a Wake Large, at that. This is not the kind of game that a newb player should leap into with a handful of games under their belt and expect to do well when they're splitting their attention with other games.

You do know if there's a JOAT here, they'd be idiotic to cc you right now and SHOULD NOT right? So stop suggesting it at all.

I wasn't suggesting any such thing, so idk wtf you're going on about.

I will be doing a meta dive on duckie. I'm still V/LA today but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the link, but given your defense of her, I'll be including all her games.

Did I say that was the only game you should read? No. I did not.

I gave you that link as a starting point (and you should read her ISO from that point forward because she continues her self-defeatist attitude later on that day as well), not as the end-all/be-all of what you should read. Don't compare apples to oranges, though. If you're going to compare her activity/contribution level between games, make sure it's another Large you're comparing it to.

I also don't like Titus' defense of her either. Why are either of you working so hard to save her? I can see both town and scum pulling this for a variety of reasons. I don't think either of you are scum but I don't like it regardless.

Asked & answered.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1443, House wrote:

can
... stfu and move on.

Scum motivation for you to hard-defend laladucks and use that defense as a means of shifting votes from the laladucks wagon towards the ozgin wagon ooooor....
Scum motivation for laladucks to play a large game in a way that doesn't directly step on any players toes, takes a backseat, pushes counterwagons without much reason to outside survivalism, appeals to emotion, etc.?

'cus, I mean, you don't have to be a creative genius to think of either.
Also, I think the whole "Until you can show me the scum motivation" thing is kinda like admitting that you're going to hold the same position regardless of contrary evidence. Kinda like Titus and her death-tunnel on Ozgin. :/

It actually bothers me that you're all about a 1-day-free-pass on Laladucks but could care less when I'm corralling for the same thing for Ozgin.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Silverwolf:

From my perspective, the lalaladucks wagon sprang up as a counter to the Ozgin wagon. I like the Ozgin wagon. It has big shiny wheels and it's bright red and says scum on the side.

Now, lalala could be scum on the other side, I guess, but her wagon doesn't feel organic but really like a response to an Ozgin-scum wagon that people don't want to go through. The resistance to the OZGIN wagon is the interesting thing imo; people are jumping out of the woodwork and saying things like "I guess Ozgin could be scum, but look, LOOK, a shiny new wagon of a different color!" and I'm happy with the wagon I'm pushing right now.

Maybe it's all in perspective, but the counterwagons that keep being proposed just make Ozgin look even more like a sure thing to me.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:50 am

Post by House »

In post 1444, SilverWolf wrote:

That's an easy one.

I'm sheeping Titus because I'm completely disinterested in d1 of larges.

This right here makes me want to lynch la la. You are not this bad House. You don't give a shit about your friends in games being wagoned and lynched and that's a terrible reason not to want to lynch a person. You want to give her another day and then what? Say she's scum. You just gave her a night to pull her scum shit. That's just plain stupid.

You claim to be completely disinterested in larges and sheeping Titus because you don't care about this game but here you are so certain that la la is town that you want to give her a pass because she's your friend.

la la has been making excuses and throwing a pity party for herself all game, she's been doing the "you are suspicious of me and must be scum because scum always try to mislynch me due to my shitty play", "I know I'm bad, I deserve to be lynched, blah blah blah" AtE. She voted Prolapsed for absolutely no reason and then didn't even include him in her top 6 scum reads. She defended Ozgin and said she sorted him as town and doesn't want him lynched but didn't put him in her top 6 town reads. She OMGUS'd anen and FA for pushing her.

You know what? Being on V/LA, I don't have time for this shit.

VOTE: la la duckie

You don't have time to carefully consider your vote, like town Wolfie always does... but you vote using tired, worn out b/s that has already been addressed?

Yeeeeaah... no.

Stop being thick-headed and just instantly disagreeing with something simply because I said it. I gave ample proof of the reason I don't want ducky lynched today. You being too damned lazy to read it is your fault. Not hers.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 2:54 am

Post by House »

In post 1446, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1443, House wrote:

can
... stfu and move on.

Scum motivation for you to hard-defend laladucks and use that defense as a means of shifting votes from the laladucks wagon towards the ozgin wagon ooooor....
Scum motivation for laladucks to play a large game in a way that doesn't directly step on any players toes, takes a backseat, pushes counterwagons without much reason to outside survivalism, appeals to emotion, etc.?

'cus, I mean, you don't have to be a creative genius to think of either.
Also, I think the whole "Until you can show me the scum motivation" thing is kinda like admitting that you're going to hold the same position regardless of contrary evidence. Kinda like Titus and her death-tunnel on Ozgin. :/

It actually bothers me that you're all about a 1-day-free-pass on Laladucks but could care less when I'm corralling for the same thing for Ozgin.

I actually wasn't aware that Ozgin was fairly new to the site. That said, I do believe he has mentioned having experience on another site, so you're still trying to compare apples to cheerios.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”