Mini 479: Care Bears Mafia - Abandoned in Every Way.

Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Jex »

Sad day! Love-a-Lot was always my favorite carebear!

random vote camisade
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Jex »

There are bad guys in the shows.
Care Bear Wiki wrote:Throughout movies and series, various villains have tried to stop the Bears and Cousins on their missions. On the first two specials and DiC television series, they battled against Professor Coldheart; in Nelvana's version, they faced Wizard No Heart, his apprentice Beastly and his niece Shreeky. In the movies, they went up against Nicholas and the Evil Spirit (The Care Bears Movie), Dark Heart (Care Bears Movie II), and The Wizard, Dim, and Dumb (Adventure in Wonderland). More recently, the Bears' adversaries have included the Rat King in Care Bears Nutcracker Suite, and Sir Funnybone the rat in Journey to Joke-a-lot.
As for the vig vs. SK theory. I would hope that a vig wouldn't put out an NK before the town has talked at all. Unless of course they have to kill every night.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by Jex »

DeanWinchester wrote:I'm thinking its an sk. Judging by how abillities seem to only be usable/activate on certain nights i think its unlikely we have a compelled vig.
I concur.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:58 pm

Post by Jex »

Kwanton wrote:
Kwanton wrote:QFT. At the begining of the game there should be only two people who know if there is an SK. That is the mod and the SK.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:Seems as though the only way you'd know who was this vig/sk is... if you were him.
That's basically exactly what I said worded differently.

So you vote me and your reason for the vote is a reiteration of something I said?

Point out where I said I knew who the vig/SK was. Right now it looks like your fishing for a nonexistent reason to vote me.
wow! Can we say overkill? Big
FOS Kwanton
for completely over reacting to a pretty much random vote
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by Jex »

unvote vote kwanton
he's the only one I've really seen anything sketchy from so far.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Jex »

Kwanton wrote:Jex it seems like you're fishing for a reason to vote. To me it seems scummy that you're willing tojump on any little thing.....
I'm not jumping on any little thing. I was trying to get a reaction out of you which is why I acted like I did.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by Jex »

I did a reread and here are some things I noticed:

First off, Kwanton was the first to dismiss the idea of an SK and guess that it was a vigilante. I would never have though it to be a vigilante killing on the first night.

This quote bugs me also:
Kwanton wrote:Also I think I read that this is a non-vanilla game so if all mafia members have an additional power, then an SK would make the game terribly unbalanced even if there was a resurector role.
Where did you read about this at? I would assume that mafia wouldn't have power roles unless maybe they activate certain nights like other roles (although I don't know how many roles activate and how many work always if any.)

Last, I find it interesting that these are how Kwanton responds to anyone that points his way:
Kwanton wrote:Right now it looks like your fishing for a nonexistent reason to vote me.
Kwanton wrote:If that makes you suspicious maybe you're "reading just a tad bit too much into this"
Kwanton wrote:it seems like you're fishing for a reason to vote. To me it seems scummy that you're willing tojump on any little thing.....
These are said to three different people on different subjects. I found it interesting.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Jex »

What do others think about kwanton?

If you don't find kwanton suspicious, then who do you think is?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Jex »

Wow...people...I haven't checked this in 2 days and I'm still the last to post.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by Jex »

MissMoo wrote:
Jex wrote:What do others think about kwanton?

If you don't find kwanton suspicious, then who do you think is?
I think his assumption that we were dealing with a Vig vice SK was suspicious, but I'm also starting to find you suspicious for harping on about it.
The only reason I clung to this is because there has been near to no discussion in this game, especially lately. There isn't a whole lot to go on in any way shape or form because no one is talking.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by Jex »

Mod: can we get some mass prods or replacements or something going?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by Jex »

Discuss me for all I care, as long as there is some discussion happening. This games participation has completely died it seems which is rather sad because I was really excited about a carebear game.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Jex »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:Let's just get a deadline and be done with it.
I would rather see a bunch of replacements then a deadline, but if that's the way it has to be so be it. This is game is incredibly slow and unproductive.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:12 pm

Post by Jex »

Yay for deadgames!
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Jex »

Just to let everyone know, I'm in the process of getting a house and moving, so I'm here, but may not be as active as I normally would. I will do my best to make do my carebear duties :-)
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Jex »

Yay for the game restarting!
unvote
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:42 am

Post by Jex »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
Jex wrote:Yay for the game restarting!
unvote
Is there a particular reason for that?

-Doc "you seemed comitted to it earlier" Blackstrike
With so many replacements and the game having completely stopped, I feel almost like we're starting over from scratch. Also, my vote was on Kwanton simply because of those talking he was scummiest. However, there were so many not talking that there really isn't a justification for keeping my vote on him.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Jex »

I've said before why I hung onto the Kwanton thing. No one was talking in this game, it had completely died. I had nothing much to go on, so I wanted to see how people reacted to a few different posts. Therefore I overly accused Kwanton. However, the plan didn't really help get anyone talking. It merely just made people say hmm and join a bandwagon.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by Jex »

Well...deadline is tomorrow and my internet dies tonight. There isn't a ton to go off of so far. I really don't know who to vote for at this point, and I don't like the idea of having no control over my vote close to the deadline. Therefore, I am choosing not to vote at this point, and apologize for not really being able to help.

On a similar note, I have extremely limited access to the internet over this next week but will try to participate as much as I can.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Jex »

Sorry for being inactive as of lately. I got my prod and am responding. I seem to be lacking internet access at my house so it has been incredibly hard for me to keep up on the game. I'm currently scheduled to be getting internet on Monday, so will hopefully become more active again then.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Jex »

Alright, I'm back to having internet. Woohoo!
Pianogwen81 wrote:Overall the two summiest people I've seen are
Jex and Skruffs. But Jex really seems likes he trying to bait people, and that is definitely not a pro town move.
I wasn't trying to bait people. No one was talking, the game completely died pretty much, and I was trying to make conversation. If that makes me scummy then so be it.

This quote bugs me
Bob700 wrote:I really don't know who to vote for... If anyone. To me, I don't see too much to justify a vote.
The town is close to a deadline, you don't know who to vote, and you disappear. This makes me think that you don't want to actively find scum, and disturbs me just a bit.

You later add:
Bob700 wrote:Alrighty. I'll say something.
I really would not want to just vote for someone based on near nothing. Most of the voting done here has been on near nothing.
But, I'm assuming that we want someone to go. Before I go any further, can we have a Vote Count?
This was last Thursday. Are you coming back to finish your thoughts?

Bob has had no suspicions, no votes other then his first random vote, and hasn't contributed anything to a single argument.

vote bob700
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Jex »

Kwanton wrote:wow. sorry for the inactivity guys but I completely thought day had ended. I come back to find multiple extensions. This is getting really ridiculous.

Whatver.....take advantage of the disturbingly long days. I agree with piano as I've already said Jex keeps trying to hold onto something that really isn't there with the same excuse of "there's nothing else".

Besides him and blackstrike, I really find no one else scummy.

unvote
for now since blackstrike has been replaced.

How am I still trying to hold on to something when I dropped that topic long ago? If you hadn't noticed, I dropped my vote on you and am pursuing other people. I don't really know how that means I'm holding on to things. And the reason I keep using the same defense is that everyone keeps using the same offense. If the offense changes, so will the defense.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Jex »

Bob700 wrote:I didn't get my requested vote count, so I didn't follow up. Also, how can one contribute when they have no suspicions? When I see something I think is scummy, I will say something. I also don't see much point in your vote on me. What, I don't talk much? Well, lets just say i'm a quiet bear...
You have added absolutely nothing to the entire games. Your posts all simply state that you are unsure about things and you are not actively trying to find something. Games die because too many people sit back and hope others will find scum. How I see it right now is that we're close to deadline and I doubt that it will be extended again. You have added nothing which seems scummy to me. If you turn out to be scum, then good. If you don't, the town didn't lose much since you aren't trying to help anyway.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Jex »

Since many seem to have suspicions on Miss Moo, I decided to go through and read her posts again. So here's my Miss Moo PBPA:

1. talks of how the game would be balanced by different characters during the vig vs sk debate.

2. More talk about an SK.

3. Picks up prod. Unwilling to even random vote for fear of someone dying. This seems scummy to me. To me it says, I'm here and lurking on purpose. I don't really want to find scum.

4. Claims that I'm suspicious because I harped on Kwanton for the vig thing.

5. Says wow to blackstrike and adds him to her suspicious list without really explaining anything. Still afraid to put on a vote because she doesn't want to lynch wrong.

6. Pick up prod, nothing else.

7. Makes a joke at the mod. Posting without really posting anything.

8. Finally places a vote on Kwanton. Says that he seems the most suspicious even though earlier she thought I was suspicious for going after him. Following the crowd? Still explains that her vote is hesitant and says that she is only really going after the 3 that are talking. This is understandable seeing as how its hard to get a read on a lurker or non-existent player.

9. This one bugs me. First off:
MissMoo wrote:Did I miss that we have a deadline?
She says this, yet earlier she says:
MissMoo wrote:Anyway, hoping mass prods will bring a few more players back so we can have more information before deadline.
Granted, I am only looking at Miss Moo's posts so I may have missed that a deadline was retracted at one point. That has happened a lot. However, if it was not, why would she have suddenly not known when the deadline is what kept her from voting before?

Her vote stays on Kwanton saying if there is a deadline then she will vote for her, if not she wants to get to know the players better. However, later on she never tries to get to know the players better.

MissMoo wrote: Thanks, you put a finger on what was bothering me the last few r/l days about the thread...
Vote: Dr. Blackstrike
Just plain sketch.

11. Talk about drawing out roles by scum because we don't get to see what the roles are when someone dies.

12. This is another one that stands out to me. She has some suspicion on her now and instead of defending herself in any way she changes tunes. She unvotes and FOS's both people that are accusing her.

13. Makes a good point about Nano's "claim". I don't really understand how there's a chance of survival. Although, I won't question the mod at this point. MissMoo unvotes again. It looks as if she's trying to please people now.

14. Then finally:
MissMoo wrote:Skruffs just has an abrasive playstyle from what I can tell...which is why I've sort of ignored his attack on me. (Though I will be watching him and his possible scum-buddy CrashTextDummy.) He'll find someone else to focus his attention on soon enough and I can go on in the game and keep trying to find scum.
Again, no defense of any kind. She tries to link Crash and Skruffs as scum buddies. She also states that once his attention changes she can go on and help find scum again, yet at no point in this game has she actively looked to find scum. She simply jumps on other arguments and follows the crowd.

Final analysis: Incredibly Sketch

I really don't like the inactivity that bob has put into this game and his posts seem to be posts just to show he's here. However, my vote on him was mostly pressure to try to get a reaction. After reading through MissMoo again I find her worthy of my vote.
unvote vote missmoo
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:20 am

Post by Jex »

vote bob700
for the same reasons as yesterday

Bob700 wrote:That was a long sleep... What kind of clock is this Care Bear Land running?
Apparently our mod is bedtime bear hehe
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Jex »

Wow...this game has gotten quiet. My vote stands where it is for now.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Jex »

FYI: I'm out of town from now until Sunday.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Jex »

Wow...I go away for 3 days and nothing is posted. Very sad.

Bob is super sketchy, everyone should vote for him.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by Jex »

This game is so beyond boring right now that I'm just coming out with my info.

Last night I roleblocked Bob and there was no death. I don't know if that's the reason, but its good enough to warrant my vote.

My vote is staying on bob.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:42 am

Post by Jex »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Jex wrote:This game is so beyond boring right now that I'm just coming out with my info.

Last night I roleblocked Bob and there was no death. I don't know if that's the reason, but its good enough to warrant my vote.

My vote is staying on bob.
There could have been a doctor, or maybe they tried to kill Nano and he got lucky.

I still think bob is scum, though. If he's scum, then you are almost certainly town, because you are not the type to bus this early with no provocation. Unfortunately, if he winds up as town, then we don't really get anything about your alignment.

Part of me wants Bob to claim, but we already have an inordinate amount of claims, so we should probably discuss this as a town.
I know there are a lot of possiblities out there for why bob may or may not be mafia at this point. The roleblock however is the most we have to go on. I thought he was scummy before i roleblocked, hence the reason I chose him. My vote is staying because it's the best evidence we have. Also, bob posted and ignored both of our accusations against him. I smell scum.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Jex »

Sorry 2nd post:

As for bob claiming. I feel no need to call for a claim until we've heard from the rest of the town on the matter. There are 10 players alive, which means it takes 6 to lynch. Right now bob is at lynch -4. I think a claim can wait until more people have chimed in about it.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Jex »

mod: prod everyone please
inactivity in this game is ridiculous.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Jex »

A mass roleclaim won't work because only 3 people ever talk. We would get their roles and no one else and have no way of making anyone claim.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Jex »

Bob700 wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:CTD's refusal to comment on Bob being roleblocked is scummy.
You really are grabbing on what you can, eh?
I see you've chimed in, yet don't defend yourself from the accusations put against you. Why is that?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Post by Jex »

Bob700 wrote:
Jex wrote:
Bob700 wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:CTD's refusal to comment on Bob being roleblocked is scummy.
I see you've chimed in, yet don't defend yourself from the accusations put against you. Why is that?
What accusations? All I am hearing are theories and guesses. Nobody directly thinks I am scum, they are just voting for me because there is nobody else to blame for anything.
You were roleblocked last night, there was no kill last night. Coincidence? I don't know. But it's the best evidence we have to go on right now. This is why my vote is on you.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Jex »

Bob700 wrote:
Jex wrote:
Bob700 wrote:
Jex wrote:
Bob700 wrote:
What accusations? All I am hearing are theories and guesses. Nobody directly thinks I am scum, they are just voting for me because there is nobody else to blame for anything.
You were roleblocked last night, there was no kill last night. Coincidence? I don't know. But it's the best evidence we have to go on right now. This is why my vote is on you.
Maybe you could have considered the fact that I am not scum, and did not have a killing night action? On top of that, there is a chance of another Roleblocking class that stopped the scum.
I've already said that there could be other reasons this happened. The doctor could have saved, you could have been roleblocked, mafia could have been roleblocked. It's all there. However, the roleblock, mixed with your sketchy behavior from before and today makes me think you're scum. There's nothing better to go on, no ones really playing this game, therefore my vote stays.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”