'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fourth Vote Count of Day One:

Arafax - 7 (AniX, The Fonz, Ectomancer, PookyTheMagicalBear, Mastermind of Sin, Sir.Laggalot, -TinVision-)

Sir.Laggalot - 6 (VitaminR, The Central Scrutinizer, Sudo_Nym, Amb, Battle Mage, Mariyta)
The Fonz - 2 (Yosarian2, HackerHuck)

Not voting - 4 (Albert B. Rampage, Crub, Arafax, Indy)

With nineteen present, ten votes will lynch.
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

Umm...based on what, exactally?
I am a noob so i may be way off, but it seems like you guys have been kinda in your own world some of the time, talking to each other, specifically with the Fonz.

But i may just be completely off.
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

^about the Fonz not with the Fonz
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

One player has really started catching my eye, here. Of course, I'm paranoid by my very nature, but anyway...
VitaminR wrote:No Lynch benefits scum.
Quickly jumps on The Fonz for voting No Lynch during the random voting stage. While I agree the No Lynching on day one is almost always scummy, was there ever any real threat that a No Lynch would ever actually happen?
VitaminR wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
-TinVision- wrote: I have performance anxiety what with so many people.

Unvote
vote: TinVision

Why would you get performance anxiety during the random vote phase? And why bother unvoting there?
And... another reason to vote you.
Why exactly is this suspicion-raising? The Fonz's question seems perfectly legitimate to me.
VitaminR wrote:
Arafax wrote:
While these are very opposed to it : Yosarian2, MoS, Tin-Vision, Pooky....I just wanted to get that out there.
Put me on that list too.

I don't see how anyone can take TCS' shtick seriously.
Actually, I don't have much problem with this, but computer problems made it difficult to format correctly, and I can't bring myself to delete it. Originally, I thought he was coming to TCS' defense rather fast, however, he's merely expressing his disbelief at TCS' claim, which is perfectly fine.
VitaminR wrote:Does it strike anyone else that only two people have used the term "vampires?"

Sudo_Nym did it too a page ago, I think.
This has already been adressed, but vampires in place of a mafia should be fairly common sense. Flay did require you to watch the movie before signing up, didn't he? Seems like pretty thin grounds to launch an attack.

All told, VitaminR has raised my hackles, but looking back, he doesn't seem too terrible. This puts things into some perspective, but it seems like a colossal waste of time, space, and everybody else's reading through.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:09 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Arafax »

Um, checking in quickly before I head out.....Not really shocked at the VC; I'm am always scummy....Always!

However, I am not scum...I will post more later...I think that the wagon is weak and Lagalot's vote is very very scummy.....Not sure what Tin called me "wired"....And AMB I am 26.

I know that there's more to address, but I won't be able to do so until tonight....Still not claiming as I think the wagon is very weak.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Sir.Laggalot wrote:Ok well i would disregard any Voting block i may seem to see because i am obviously very bad at getting data right, let alone putting it together as a readable text.

I believe that you are scum because i, at least, see a connection between you, Yosarian2 and MoS.
A connection between scum is usually more subtle. Voting together or defending another player together out in the open is a bit too risky for the meagre benefits of it. Try to look for players insincerely defending each other. Another good tell applies when two players never seem to analyse each other posts (never vote or FOS each other or question each other's votes). That could be because they know each other's alignment already.

Also, players that have played with each other before (especially in the early stages of a game) can often easily agree on their opinions of other players, because they are aware of the conventions of playing mafia on this site.
Sir.Laggalot wrote:And just to get to Day 2 where things might happen i will
Vote To Lynch Afarax
sorry man but, there is nothing solid about your case and, i am second in line for lynch. I don't want my first game to end on day one.
Day 1 usually doesn't end this quickly. If you are wagonned heavily in the early stages of it, there is still a very good chance you'll make it to Day 2. Usually, this kind of thinking (where you assume the end of the day is imminent and vote to save yourself) is not really appropriate unless someone has threatened to hammer you or a deadline is approaching.

I'm going to
Unvote: Sir.Laggalot
for the moment. The wagon has merit, but, having seen a bit more of Sir.Laggalot, I'm not convinced it is necessarily more than newbishness.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I'm going back to
Vote: The Fonz

Sudo_Nym wrote:Quickly jumps on The Fonz for voting No Lynch during the random voting stage. While I agree the No Lynching on day one is almost always scummy, was there ever any real threat that a No Lynch would ever actually happen?
No, but there is just no reason for a town player to vote it. It brings us nothing. It doesn't create discussion. It's a bad vote.
Sudo_Nym wrote: Why exactly is this suspicion-raising? The Fonz's question seems perfectly legitimate to me.
-TinVision-'s post was a bit jokey. The Fonz took it a bit too seriously, I thought. Voting someone for admitting to being nervous seemed a bit too easy.
Sudo_Nym wrote:This has already been addressed, but vampires in place of a mafia should be fairly common sense. Flay did require you to watch the movie before signing up, didn't he? Seems like pretty thin grounds to launch an attack.
Vampires in place of a mafia does make sense, but, in general, on the first day of a themed game few people refer to the mafia by its theme-specific name. It could be a sign that the player involved has had more chance to think in the game's terms. In other words, a player who has received a vampire role and perhaps talked to their vampire buddies will be more likely to use that term.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah. laggalot's last few posts have been making more a bit more sense. At the very least, I can start to see where he's coming from. Still, I'd still like to hear him explain what the heck happened in post 134 where he seems to have somehow gotten wrong the positions of quite a few players in the game; wierd how everyone else has commented on it and yet he's just not commented at all on what happened there.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Arafax »

In response to those voting for me :

Anix – Has posted 3 times the entire game….I would doubt that he’s even read the entire game…I take his vote with no seriousness as he is not participating.

The Fonz – A random vote….He said “anything is worth voting for this early.” - Again not serious, yet the votes remains???

Ectomancer – Voting me for thinking that I said something that I did not say…Mis rep IMO

Pooky – Votes because he apparently doesn’t understand what I’m saying…No need to ask for clarification….Just vote…That’s very helpful, huh (Sarcasm)

MoS – I accept this vote…He finds my actions scummy…I can’t say that for any of the others voting for me however.

SirLagalot – I would buy this vote if you were close to being lynched…You aren’t so that’s a scummy vote IMO.

Tinvision – IMO is just hopping on the wagon…I don’t see what he finds scummy about me…Oh wait, he said that it was because I was weird…My bad.

That is all for now…..Now I hope that you (those voting for me) can all see that the wagon on me is poor….Unless you all agree w/Mos….Of course, if that were the case I would have expected to see it stated.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm going to have to re-read in several parts.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:23 pm

Post by Amb »

"....And AMB I am 26.
Which makes you the same as me. And had you been younger, I was most likely going to drop my vote. Actually... I still will.... I want to rethink my conclusions.

Unvote
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

Still, I'd still like to hear him explain what the heck happened in post 134 where he seems to have somehow gotten wrong the positions of quite a few players in the game; wierd how everyone else has commented on it and yet he's just not commented at all on what happened there.
I thought i had when i stated to disregard that, but i will go further into it. I misread a lot and i was very sleepy when i made that... I started on i think page 3 and ended on 4 or 5 so i missed a lot of people as well and just for fullness this is exactly what i wrote down in my note pad....

Defending:
Yosarian2
VitaminR
Mastermind of Sin "lynch all liers is worthless"

Sir,Laggalot:
VitaminR
Sudo_Nym "bandwagon"
The Central Scrutinizer "agrees with VitaminR"

Fonz:
Yosarian2 "disruption"
Mastermind of Sin "disruption"
PookyTheMagicalBear "disruption"

Defending:
Yosarian2 "we shouldnt band wagon"
VitaminR "agrees with Yosarian2"

Watchout:
Yosarian2
VitaminR

Battle Mage, hasnt talked much and he made a random vote, then a vote for Arafax which is definatly a bandwagon vote.

Vitamin, agrees with some one on not voteing on the fonz and then votes on me

I know now that much of this is wrong or misread which is why instead of trying to salvage it i dropped it.
Maybe when i am a bit better at reading every thing i will try again.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:12 pm

Post by The Fonz »

VitaminR wrote:I'm going back to
Vote: The Fonz

Sudo_Nym wrote:Quickly jumps on The Fonz for voting No Lynch during the random voting stage. While I agree the No Lynching on day one is almost always scummy, was there ever any real threat that a No Lynch would ever actually happen?
No, but there is just no reason for a town player to vote it. It brings us nothing. It doesn't create discussion. It's a bad vote.
Disagree. The point is to catch some opportunistic scummy type leaping in yelling, na na, no-lynch is scummy! Vote Fonz! When, of course, it doesn't matter, since it's a random vote, and is no more likely to lead to an actual no-lynch than a player is to be lynched off random votes.
Sudo_Nym wrote: Why exactly is this suspicion-raising? The Fonz's question seems perfectly legitimate to me.
-TinVision-'s post was a bit jokey. The Fonz took it a bit too seriously, I thought. Voting someone for admitting to being nervous seemed a bit too easy.
Tin's vote wasn't necessarily scummy, but it was strange, and I felt by pressing him on it, it would create discussion, and get us into an issues-based stage of the game more quickly.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by VitaminR »

The Fonz wrote:Disagree. The point is to catch some opportunistic scummy type leaping in yelling, na na, no-lynch is scummy! Vote Fonz! When, of course, it doesn't matter, since it's a random vote, and is no more likely to lead to an actual no-lynch than a player is to be lynched off random votes.
The last part of this is true to an extent and I wouldn't have voted you just on your No Lynch vote. My main issue with you was the way you handled the TCS vote. If that was your intention, though, why didn't you vote me?
The Fonz wrote:Tin's vote wasn't necessarily scummy, but it was strange, and I felt by pressing him on it, it would create discussion, and get us into an issues-based stage of the game more quickly.
The problem I have with a No Lynch random vote is that it doesn't do this. If no-one falls for it, it is useless.

I think the No Lynch comment has been blown way out of proportion. It was only a secondary part of why I voted The Fonz.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:11 pm

Post by The Fonz »

VitaminR wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Disagree. The point is to catch some opportunistic scummy type leaping in yelling, na na, no-lynch is scummy! Vote Fonz! When, of course, it doesn't matter, since it's a random vote, and is no more likely to lead to an actual no-lynch than a player is to be lynched off random votes.
The last part of this is true to an extent and I wouldn't have voted you just on your No Lynch vote. My main issue with you was the way you handled the TCS vote. If that was your intention, though, why didn't you vote me?
I didn't vote you early on, because I wanted to see who else picked up on it, who supported you, who didn't, etc. Often, who follows whom is of more interest than the merits of the initial argument (since most arguments at this stage don't have that much merit anyway). I didn't vote you later on, because, well, for one you didn't stand out particularly amongst the group attacking me, and two I felt the Arafax wagon was quite a useful one.
The Fonz wrote:Tin's vote wasn't necessarily scummy, but it was strange, and I felt by pressing him on it, it would create discussion, and get us into an issues-based stage of the game more quickly.
The problem I have with a No Lynch random vote is that it doesn't do this. If no-one falls for it, it is useless. [/quote]

As opposed to a random vote, which is guaranteed to generate lots of interesting discussion? :roll:
I think the No Lynch comment has been blown way out of proportion. It was only a secondary part of why I voted The Fonz.
Mmmm hmmm. The other part was even weaker. Why is it all at all scummy to have believed TCS? It wasn't entirely unreasonable that he
could
have been a daycop. Why is asking someone who has apparently claimed if that claim is real or joke fishing? I'm sorry, but gullibility or inability to detect written sarcasm is not a scumtell.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:18 am

Post by AniX »

Arafax wrote:In response to those voting for me :
Anix – Has posted 3 times the entire game….I would doubt that he’s even read the entire game…I take his vote with no seriousness as he is not participating.
I can assure you I have read every single post in this thread and reviewed it with what I believe and know to be true. I just tend to like to read and review until I feel like I have something that holds water to contribute. I'm not happy with what I'm about to do, because I don't like post sum-ups, but its basically all things new I have on you at this point.

That said, your post has given me something of an inspiration. How about, instead of going "OH, HE HASN'T POSTED SUPER-LATELY AND THUS HIS POSTS DON'T EXIST! YAY!" you respond to what has been accused against you. Here is a summery of everything you have said after I accused you.

Post 1: Ignores everything else and focuses on the fact I call two players apparent newbies and responds with a "Hey, just because they act like newbies and are new to mafiascum doesn't make them newbs." statement, completely ignoring the original reason I targeted him (The TCS controversy)

Post 2: Tries to involve lynch-all-liars on a joke statement.

Post 3: Claims he was joking when he said lynch all liars, even though all his previous statements were that A) TCS lied and B) He should be lynched. Pretty long-winded joke that REALLY distracts from the game, if he has been making it the entire game.

Post 4: Says he isn't taking the game seriously and is still semi-random to him, even though he was pushing and pushing hard for a lynch on someone who made a joke.

Post 5: Says he was trying to make a point when he voted TCS, which I suppose cannot be proven untrue, but does sound kind of odd coming from someone who, in my view, seemed to be making no point but "TCS lied, lynch him"

Post 6: Makes a statement I took as dismissing the whole issue to try and distance himself from it, then draws a conclusion based on information that is both untrue and that, even if it was true, is based on them getting a joke he, Arafax, did not.

Post 7: Indy tries to return to the point, Arafax plays AND claims dumb.

Post 8: Makes a joke, but is refusing information. It isn't obvious to me he is making a joke, despite the clear context. Lynch him for being unhelpful.

Post 9: Verifies he claims to have been sarcastic on two posts, even though those two posts were making the same point as every other post he had made up to that point.

Post 10: Renders an opinion as to the "rockosity" of the game.

Post 11: Blames the Lag for being a bad fact-provider and then claims he apparently wants to kill Yos or something. Once again, he makes a joke with a clear context, but I think we should lynch him since he just claimed he would kill someone on something not based on scuminess.

Post 12: Plays himself as the victim who is always persumed scum, claims bandwagon on him as weak yet hasn't really responded to a single point against him, repeats wagon is weak.

Post 13: Dismisses any point I make since my words and points in the past apparently disappear if I don't post quickly afterwards. I think Fonz was more saying "We don't have much to go on, so what we do have to go against you is the leader" than "Hey, your shoes are untied, vote". You'll have to ask him though.

Post 14: Hopefully a full-response to my inquiries I will again post for ease of his use.

Here we are:

I believe you are scum because you clearly ignored all context and logic and pushed hard for TCS to be lynch for making a confusing false claim. This statement, while pretty bad on its own, is compounded in the fact Sudo and Lag had revealed they weren't exactly expert players in the game, leading me to believe that not only were you trying to drag a joke out of its context and shoot it, you were trying to plant a weapon on it so the newbies would follow a lead, a planting that a clean player doesn't do. Your posts after my statement have only dug you deeper into the hole I accused you of jumping into.

As such, I ask your 14 post respond to the following:

1. Did you seriously believe TCS was not making a joke? If so, do you still believe it?

2. Do you have a response to my statement that it seems you are trying to jerk newer players around by attaching a big evil sign to the back of TCS' joke?

3. You stated previously you were not taking the game seriously. Have you begun?

4. Based on Lags' new chart, it seems the same three people are defending TCS that you accused on having a connection before. Do you renew your "the three might have a connection" statement after the new post?

See. Read. Answer in Post Response 14.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Holy crap Anix, that's one of the best responses I've read since I've been on these boards. :respect:

I still believe SirLagg is just a major newbie, despite (or because of) not even being able to get his facts straight.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

I still believe SirLagg is just a major newbie, despite (or because of) not even being able to get his facts straight.
I must agree with Ectomancer, i am a major newbie, the only mafia like game i have actually played is the Werewolf card game.

And i don't know if you got this AniX but that "new list" is just the complete old one which apparently is completely horribly wrong. So i would recommend you make your own or that you thoroughly check it to make sure what you are using from it is correct.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Damn. While I hate to be referred to as a newbie, I do admit this is just my fourth game, which, while I of course believe that my logic is as good as anybody's, is probably more likely to go astry. This, naturally, is merely me indulging my natural verbosity.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm confident that one of Sir Laggalot and Arafax are scum. the other is probably a counter wagon, pushed by scum. but which is which?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Indy »

Alright, I am throwing out my vote, Arafax has backpedaled and been suspicious, at the same time though, he has been assautled from every angle, we can assume one or two of those were mafia trying to force ¿him? into a position of backpedaling. While I am still suspicious, I am throwing my vote elsewhere.

Vote: Sir Laggalot
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:38 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Indy wrote:Alright, I am throwing out my vote, Arafax has backpedaled and been suspicious, at the same time though, he has been assautled from every angle, we can assume one or two of those were mafia trying to force ¿him? into a position of backpedaling. While I am still suspicious, I am throwing my vote elsewhere.

Vote: Sir Laggalot
Huh? You can't be that transparent. It seems like you're trying to move the wagon from Arafax to Sir Laggalot and the only case you make is for Arafax.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I don't see the Arafax wagon. Happened way too fast.

Vote Indy
, though.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by VitaminR »

The Fonz wrote:As opposed to a random vote, which is guaranteed to generate lots of interesting discussion? :roll:
More, yes.
The Fonz wrote:Mmmm hmmm. The other part was even weaker. Why is it all at all scummy to have believed TCS? It wasn't entirely unreasonable that he
could
have been a daycop. Why is asking someone who has apparently claimed if that claim is real or joke fishing? I'm sorry, but gullibility or inability to detect written sarcasm is not a scumtell.
That in itself is not scummy, but, as I indicated, it can be a way of setting up a future vote by acting surprised that TCS wasn't serious. I feel you were trying to make too much out of TCS' daycop joke so you could create pressure on him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”